• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar's Special Moves Update

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
but thats not severe lag....

severe lag is Ganon's Down B from the air and landing on the ground

he just pulled 3 Pikmin going on 4 in less than a second...

FreakyVoiceDude

Smash Apprentice
I'm growing on the concept of a less physical, more strategy-based character. In boxing, there are three vague styles of fighting. Slugger, pure power and no grace. Pure boxer, all grace, mostly circle and weave, fight for points and pick their shots like chess players. Swarmer (my school of thought) use non-stop punches and psychological techniques to wear them down for a knockout. Point fighters don't exist in Smash, but he reminds me of a mix between them and swarmers in that he relies on wearing them down slowly instead of quick knockouts using extensive strategy. Anyone who uses items more grows to hate Lip's Stick because of the damage leaching, I've seen item matches where skilled players get pushed back slightly because of that thing alone.

Now there's a character completely based off it. As weak as the Pikmin may seem being items that walk, when you take into account that there are six controllable projectiles that can latch on and rack up damage with various effects...You almost have to imagine that you're fighting seven opponents. Six dumb minions that attack in numbers and can't be killed permanently with different abilities to work around, and a guy who can keep on bringing them out at any time who has a line of them behind him even in the air.

If Pikmin were just an AT as I honestly thought they might be, they'd be annoying as heck and useful enough to take a guy out. I would hate these guys as a ten-second Assist Trophy, they'd be the item I'd highly prefer on my side just because I'd hate to get swarmed. Now you're telling me my opponent can have them the entire match.

This game, just got better. 28.5 days to go...

Meta Kirby

Smash Cadet
"Wait. I'm not going.""Aha! I knew he'd finally show his true colors. No one in their right mind doesn't value their own life!""Unless I can take that!""He's not scared, he's selfish"- One Piece

Olimar will suck. His moves are so stupidly gimmicky.

Without Pikmin, OLIMAR IS USELESS. He can't do anything USEFUL without them. A fast character could simply kill them off very easily (and they don't die from touching the KO Blast Line).

He also has to PULL PIKMIN FROM THE GROUND which results in SEVERE LAG for him.
Well then, I guess that you won't play as him will you? Then you'll whine when you lose after being swarmed by somebody that is competent with him.

Every character is a good character if you know how to use them correctly. Kirby is one of the low-tier characters in melee, but if you go to youtube and search "The Kirby Cheat", you can see what a master can do with Kirby! The Ice Climbers are also a tag team duo, and even without their partner, the player can still fight at an insane level!!! If one truly knows how to play a character, then it is insane hard to beat them!

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
"Wait. I'm not going.""Aha! I knew he'd finally show his true colors. No one in their right mind doesn't value their own life!""Unless I can take that!""He's not scared, he's selfish"- One Piece

Well then, I guess that you won't play as him will you? Then you'll whine when you lose after being swarmed by somebody that is competent with him.

Every character is a good character if you know how to use them correctly. Kirby is one of the low-tier characters in melee, but if you go to youtube and search "The Kirby Cheat", you can see what a master can do with Kirby! The Ice Climbers are also a tag team duo, and even without their partner, the player can still fight at an insane level!!! If one truly knows how to play a character, then it is insane hard to beat them!
That was great. I found myself striving to become adaquate with every character in melee (i did cept for Mew2... that guy blows, samus would be my main) and if truly learn the character, you can beat olimar.

Just because someone is different does not mean they will be bad.

If the entire game was Pokemon T., Zelda (if shiek comes back) Ice Climbers, and Olimar, i am pretty sure that you would get good with those guys really quckly

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
I tried searching the thread, but, surprisingly, it seems nobody's mentioned it:
Am I the only one to notice and be excited about the black/Game of Death Olimar?

pwnzorz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ABlackMage
3DS FC
0103-9129-9741
Yeah, he is like an annoying Peach. Down+B Throw, Down+B Throw, Down+B Throw. That's pretty much it.

Top Bottom