• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar's New 3.6 Recovery?

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Jet pack is straight booty, but it actually works every time you use it rofl

And you don't have to pluck more pikmin than the ones you want out of fear of being completely useless off stage. Played SS for a good hour Friday night, nothing is dumber in this game than olimar with flowered yellow&purple who doesn't have to pluck anything else. Olimar on stage game is so good again (not 3.0 but still amazing). No grab armor still blows but some pikmin still just grab spot dodges on the way back.

Oli is a monster until you get him off stage, but that's the same way for over half the cast, just don't get hit. Most of the cast can't approach olimar, and he forces them to anyway

Last edited:

steelguttey

mei is bei
yo ss is back on oli? hypehypehype

purple/yellow is probably the best lineup rn lmao its so strong

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
Ohh no doubt Jetpack is better then tether, it's still very weak as a recovery though and I would like for it to be tinkered with for 3.6's full release.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
some pikmin still just grab spot dodges on the way back.
...which is ****ing stupid.

But yeah, purple and yellow is an outstanding combo. He's still got a lot of questionable moves as far as design goes, but he's getting slowly but surely closer to both being good and not being a stupid ****ing character.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
If I could just play with only yellows/purples/reds and not have to deal with rng, I'd try to pick up olimar again. It sucks though when I spawn with whites and blues only, like why

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
If I could just play with only yellows/purples/reds and not have to deal with rng, I'd try to pick up olimar again. It sucks though when I spawn with whites and blues only, like why
If I'm down to my last stock and the other player is at two with low percent or more and I spawn with one white and one yellow I immediately think to myself "welp ggs buddy you got me"

White Pikmin are trash and I don't care how much damage they do it's not even close to enough for their lack of overall application in every other area

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
That moment where its "man if I had pulled literally any other Pikmin than this white little **** that Fair would've killed you"

every damn time

white gives up so much for so little goddamn

Top Bottom