• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar's Infamous Assistant - Louie Support Thread!

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
While Louie isn't likely at all as a unique character, he's possible to be an alt costume or an Echo Fighter - As a Pikmin fan, I think this would be awesome! Mainly thinking that if he was different

Made this since there's no other Louie thread. I'll try to update with more.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
While I’d take Alph over him, Louie would also make me happy and would be a worthy addition.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
I'd very much welcome Louie as an echo fighter, what making him stand out above the rest though bring him using Bulbmin instead of regular Pikmin, that and I can see Ashley taking up four of his costume slots.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Oh we need Louie alright. Strangely enough, veteran franchises are being fixed and polished but Pikmin is still a mess. What is the big change we got so far? A cracked helmet!! Alph still being a skin is really making me crazy, I just cannot comprehend how this is even possible when echoes are around. Also sad how two of the characters with some of the funniest and most original voices in gaming were just kept silent, and as of now I'm not holding my breath for that to change in Ultimate...

I blame that stupid Japanese idea that the Pikmin are the core of the character, no wonder how the captains are devoid of personality if they are called 'Pikmin and Olimar' and 'Pikmin and Alph' in Japan like they are just meaningless, silent avatars, Really?! Why not Toad and Peach? Or Gordo and Dedede? It's the same nonsense!

The only way it would remotely make sense for Alph still being a skin is that we're getting an echo of them in the form of Louie and hopefully Brittany and Charlie as his own alt skins. So you would have Olimar and Louie as echo as well as the captains from Pikmin 3 as alts, now that would make sense. Coming from a huge Pikmin lover and a Smash 4 Olimar main, I'll be very disappointed otherwise... I mean, come on, we can have all 8 Koopalings, why not this?

Last edited:

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
Most wanted Echo Fighter, by a landslide.

If Louie was announced, I'd be content with Geno being the only remaining newcomer and that being the base roster (assuming Louie has Rock Pikmin and/or Bulbmin!).

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Does Louie count as a Pikmin villain rep? Because... man. I don't want to spoil anything too much, but I'm just going to say he should count as a villain. Or at least an antagonist.

Last edited:

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
Does Louie count as a Pikmin villain rep? Because... man. I don't want to spoil anything too much, but I'm just going to say he should count as a villain. Or at least an antagonist.
He's certainly an antagonist, but I don't think I'd call him a villain. He's accidentally evil.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I always wanted Louie in for a very odd reason during Brawl but obviously I never cared if he got in or not.

I support Louie as Olimar Echo with Charlie/Brittany/President alt.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I'm down, but not as an echo. Louie is the bug king

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
Pikmin representation is not what it could be. I'd have loved to see it like this: Olimar uses exclusively Red, Yellow and Blue, while Louie has access to Whites and Purples at the cost of speed and maybe some other things (matching his lazy personality but referencing his first appearance in Pikmin 2). I would imagine both Olimar and Louie using the tether recovery, while Alph recovers with Flying Pikmin and has access to Rock Pikmin on top of the other standard types.

The one thing that pisses me off most is that there are no Rock Pikmin for Olimar to use. My favorite Pikmin type! Whyyyyyy??

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
Pikmin representation is not what it could be. I'd have loved to see it like this: Olimar uses exclusively Red, Yellow and Blue, while Louie has access to Whites and Purples at the cost of speed and maybe some other things (matching his lazy personality but referencing his first appearance in Pikmin 2). I would imagine both Olimar and Louie using the tether recovery, while Alph recovers with Flying Pikmin and has access to Rock Pikmin on top of the other standard types.

The one thing that pisses me off most is that there are no Rock Pikmin for Olimar to use. My favorite Pikmin type! Whyyyyyy??
This idea works, but Olimar using nothing but the standard three doesn't seem right, he does add to his team in the second game. If he did only have the standard three, and Louie were to use White and Purple (while Olimar only uses Red, Yellow and Blue) Pikmin, the cook should also be allowed to use Bulbmin. Then you'd have three for each. The issues are that Olimar's old recovery simply isn't good enough (Winged Pikmin almost feel necessary), and Louie would just end up being a better character if he could easily bring out Purple Pikmin (I could be wrong).
My ideal Olimar and Louie would be:
Six Pikmin on the stage at a time. Can be Red, Yellow, Blue, Purple, White, Bulbmin or Rock.
Recovery is the same as it currently is.
Different Final Smash for Olimar/Alph and Louie/Brittany.
Olimar is faster, Louie is stronger.
Or maybe, have a different Captain added as DLC when the next sequel comes out, and they can have the new Pikmin 4 Pikmin, as well as the Rock Pikmin!
Best case scenario is that Louie gets added, though. Most wanted Echo/semi-clone.

R O F L

Smash Ace
I came up with ideas for Louie's moves if he was a unique fighter.

Neutral Special: Summons a Shergrub onto the stage that performs set actions. Cycles between Female, Male, and Shearwig.
Side Special: Summons a Dwarf Bulborb onto the stage the performs set actions. Cycles between Red, Orange, Snow, and Bulbear.
Down Special: Summons a Careening Dirigibug who quickly drops a single bomb rock and leaves.
Up Special: Gets carried by a Swooping Snitchbug

FSmash: He holds out a Bulborb that does a single bite. Cycles between Red, Orange, Hairy, Bulbear, and Whptounge.
DSmash: A Mamuta smashes the ground, grounding anyone hit by it.
USmash: A Wollywog jumps over his head.

Jab: Same as Olimar's one-two punch.
FTilt: Same as Olimar's Rocket Punch
UTilt: He gets picked up by a Dweevil.
DTilt: A Hermit Crawmad launches itself outward.
Dash Attack: Same as Olimar's cartwheel.

Nair: Same as Olimar's spin
Fair: Sprays fire infront of him with a Fiery Blowhog.
Bair: A Water Dumple bites anything behind him.
Dair: Sprays water downward with a Watery Blowhog.
Uair: He uses a Puffy Blowhog to create a windbox akin to Game & Watch's old Uair.

Grab: Breadbug

Final Smash: Titan Dweevil!

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
I've been thinking about a petrification status in Smash... I feel like Louie is the most obvious candidate for it? I do think that him going the semi-clone route is the best, but I would really like to see the sprays implemented if we were to get Louie. For example, a side special where he uses Ultra-bitter Spray and petrifies a few opponents around him, or a down special where any Pikmin in whistle range are made Ultra-spicy and perform better...

Kingkridley

Smash Rookie
Oh, the memories of playing Pikmin 2 as my favorite astronaut. You can have my support. ALL HAIL THE BIG KING. Mabye he can have his own moveset. Maybe he could even ride upon the titian dweevil......

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Louie is my most wanted echo (or, even better, his own fighter slot), you have my support! The King of Bugs will keep on cooking!
Would love to see him with a Brittany alt as well. Does Louie have a spirit? I know the President of Hocotate Freight doesn't.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Louie is my most wanted echo (or, even better, his own fighter slot), you have my support! The King of Bugs will keep on cooking!
Would love to see him with a Brittany alt as well. Does Louie have a spirit? I know the President of Hocotate Freight doesn't.
Louie does.

Top Bottom