• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar's Handicap Drag Him To Bottom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Nah, we need to wait to see how he works before guessing tiers and such.

T3h Kaiser

Smash Cadet
Sakurai doesn't said "all of his attacks". Just his Final Smash.

Without Pikmin, Olimar can’t even do a Smash Attack. And the short-lived Pikmin tend to scatter. Theirs is a fated symbiotic relationship.
I think you just really want him to have a handicap.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Well, if the only thing he can use worst case scenario are tilts and standards, then he sounds pretty screwed to me.

Look, I've got NOTHING against Olly.

And about short lived: this will require MANY Pikmin at once. Since pulling out Pikmin is likely BV, the results may be: the longer you pull, the better your Pikmin is.

In a heated or 1 on 1 battle, you don't exactly have the time OR luxury for goodness. It only comes naturally.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I understand where your coming from.

He is a odd one. . . can’t do smash attacks with out Pikmin/ the pikm scatter away sometimes and die/ he has to re-pull new pikm. . . seems like a really big IC where you have to keep way more of a eye out on Nana.

But I would wait to see his attacks first.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
He probably plucks out Pikmin by using a special move, like his down B or something. And you can have out 5 at a time. It shouldn't be that difficult to always have Pikmin out.

And I'm sure he's not completely useless without them. It's probably like using just Popo after Nana gets KO'd, except that with Olimar you actually have a way of bringing your helpers back besides dying and respawning.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
i'm sure he'll have his head hit attack from pikmin 1, and the whistle will probably be a move. im sure Sakurai also made him a good character with the Pikmin attacks

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
I can see him pulling a pikmin every time he uses a B move (for example, his Bup can be like Yoshi's but he quickly uproots a pikmin than tosses them, than the pikmin attacks and than comes back after a command) not just for vB, I think it would be interesting for him to alternate between using special attacks to hoard pikmin than pull off an offensive swarm attack and than retreat again for ranged pikmin spaming. He'll be an interesting character to play. Reliance on Nana didn't hurt IC's tier status that much, so we do not know for sure.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
This...is....overspeculationnnnn!!!!

He requires skill, and strategy, JUST LIKE THE POKEMON TRAINER! The "more original characters" like Ness, Mr. Game and Watch, the Ice Climbers, the Pokémon Trainer, Sonic the Hedgehog, and Captain Olimar ALL REQUIRE more skill then "the not so original characters". (basically, everyone else) You have to be smart, in other words. Something a lot of smashers don't have, which is why this type of character might almost be really used by the better casual players and competitive players, and same for the Pokémon Trainer.

Chepe

Smash Lord
We dont know the implications of all the color Pikmin yet, or how many he can carry and such, so dont call anything just yet...

But dont worry, expect those 3 Pikmin in his profile pic to start with him every match. So he shouldnt start off empty-handed.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Meh I wouldn't worry about it. If he can pick as fast as Peach can hes alright. But when he say olimer can't do anything they mean he can't recover then forget it. Because opponents will beat the crap out of you when you don't have any pikmin left and you can't even defend yourself.

boom-man97

Smash Journeyman
i think that because of his handycap his attacks will not only be stronger but the pikmin will be a pain in the a** as well

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Meh I wouldn't worry about it. If he can pick as fast as Peach can hes alright. But when he say olimer can't do anything they mean he can't recover then forget it. Because opponents will beat the crap out of you when you don't have any pikmin left and you can't even defend yourself.
This thread is gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom