• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar vs Marth

danschemen

Smash Rookie
I started playing Olimar recently while trying to find a main that most people don't use. My little brother likes to use Marth and the last time we fought I almost lost. My little brother is pretty bad at the game and I usually 2 or 3 stock him but I haven't found a solid way around Marth's sword range. Any ideas?

kelumhi

Smash Cadet
Throw lots of pickmen and force him to approach, pivot grabs often lead to good positions, shield into grab works well if he is short hopping, as well as running under him and up smash. The key part of that though is to force him to approach, which makes predicting him easier.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Adding to that, Dsmash can put him in a really bad position If you can get one in (often a death sentence near the edge if you can edgehog) and well-spaced Fsmash frustrates some Marths. Kinda depends on how scared you can make them.

For example, if they expect a running Usmash or something after their double jump, they might back off and try to catch you with a FF Fair. You can throw an fsmash under them. It lingers for a minute.

This probably goes without saying, but don't autopilot your spacing and camping. Marth covers distance quickly grounded, can easily slap away pikmin, and can do some horrible things when he gets in.

Nuttre

Smash Apprentice
if the marth plays the matchup really aggressive then you could have trouble. Try to use fsmash and pivot grabs to keep him out. If the marth isnt being so aggressive then you should be fine with the regular camp game

Top Bottom