• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar V Wolf (Or any mid ranged projectile based character)

Deez

Smash Rookie
Hello! I'm an Olimar main who struggles with two matchups in particular - Wolf and Link - and I've put it down to their projectile game which I can't seem to trump. It seems as though Wolf's blaster is successful at keeping me away from him to finish him with smash attacks and also at removing my pikmin and Link is just impossible to approach without being countered by an USmash or similar.

What tactics would recommend against these kinds of players?

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Out camp them with your pikmin throw. The goal is to make them come to you, so that you can punish. Pivot grabs are going to be a big help for you, because it allows you to safely grab when they approach. You can out camp pretty much every character in the game, and once you learn how to abuse it their projectiles become much less effective.

Top Bottom