• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar Matchup Thread

Dotcom

Smash Lord
I would assume most of this is the same, but considering the changes from .02 to .5, i think many of these could use a revisit.
Fighting good a good Fox with Olimar feels like the world's just on your shoulders lol.

steelguttey

mei is bei
its impossible

like this matchup is literally unwinnable if they fox has half a brain.

sure, if you grab him you can get like 60% on him but lasers destroying your side b donth elp much

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
I'm gonna have to fight a half-decent or my-level Fox and figure out the MU. I don't think it's as hard as you guys make it out to be (though it absolutely is in Fox's favor).

I mean I really only use PT with purples and whites, and I mostly just expect to tech-read Fox to death anyway so the lasers negating PT thing doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me.

Again though, gonna have to play the MU more.

edit: you guys probably know this already but Oli's jab bodies spacies.

Last edited:

Ningildo

Smash Journeyman
At mid percent(to avoid cc)? In what situations?

I'm legitimately curious, as I use Jab mainly as a gtfo move and I link jab1 to dtilt to fair/usmash and not much else.

Dandizzle

Smash Journeyman
ayy lmao you had to go on a spiritual journey where you attempted to play every other character in the cast to come back here, despite you never really dropping Olimar in the first place.

steelguttey

mei is bei
im starting this thread up again in 3.6 woohoo

idk if i should restart completely or just go off from where i left off, thoughts?

Ningildo

Smash Journeyman
You should probably wait for the changelist before restarting completely.

Also can we discuss a initial mu spread on skype or something, similar to the zard mu thread? I find discussing mu's from hard to easy better then going by them alphabetically.

steelguttey

mei is bei
..are you still not in the goddamn olimar skype group?

i think there is no character, espsecially olimar that can make a decent matchup spread yet.

Ningildo

Smash Journeyman
Been busy with exams (and still am!), so haven't checked my Skype lately 9.9

I know that, as of now, there's too little data/vids to make a real mu spread. But I meant more of a "how does this mu feel like at first glance?" kind of thing.

I imagine harder mu's are probably more wanted by players in general to be discussed. That's just me, though.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
Beat Bones' Marth in bracket yesterday.
Marth REALLY sucks for Oli but some general tips off memory:

Purple > Yellow > White > Other two.
Stay away from stages where you can be juggled without him giving up stage control: Yoshi's Melee and Brawl, and WarioWare are all particularly nasty.
We do well on stages where we can control space. Dreamland, SV, and PS2 work some in our favor.
PS2, FD, and BF are all neutral stages but since Marth wins the match up handily anyway they seem more in his favor than they are.
Camp. for your own sake.
We do alright in the neutral if we're on equal ground and we have room to operate. Anything else (you above him, off stage, you two are close to each other. We'll probably eat something nasty.)
FORWARD THROW & BTHROW <3: Get him off stage and space yourself. Marth's invincible Nair from the ledge covers a WIDE region, but we do a fairly good job of edge guarding him. Spaced Fsmash and Bair are your best bets for contesting. Wavedash Back and up B him if you feel intimidated.
Bair more.
UP-Smash out of shield to any jab, uptilit, or Fsmash pulled off close than it needs to be. We can juggle him pretty well from about 20-90%.
Dsmash is a lie, it will get you hurt.
Bair more.
Dash Attack - > Dacus works ANYWHERE from ~10 - 50%. If you can't do it yet, learn it.

Olimar sucks, so don't be the guy that loses to him.

Ningildo

Smash Journeyman
Dsmash is good, bruh.

It just the red pikmin lack of hitbox on the sourspot of it that makes it unreliable at times.

Also, DACUS is goes further then running up smash? It didn't feel like that when testing Oli's DACUS. Examples of DA > DACUS, maybe?

RAR Bair more.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
Dsmash is a shaky warrior. I've gotten hit through my sweetspot with Ftilt, Fair, Nair and Fsmash from Marth. I'm gucci.

Marth's at a werid combo weight. He's like semi floaty. DA - DACUS is almost guaranteed at lower percents. If you have a yellow it feels like hitting someone with the power of love. Heavier characters percents go up about ~30% higher cause of CC. But if you can get the second DA, you can get the DACUS. Running Upsmash is sus to me for the most part.

Bair's Olimar's best move. Yup.

Y'all actually use the skype group jawn? Add a brotha. Somebody figure some **** out with Footstool. We need more tech lol.

Last edited:

steelguttey

mei is bei
i thought i added you by now but gimme yo skype

i think the best comparison to oli's dsmash is falco's. amazing kill move but hard to land cus its so close to the ground. it ****s up spacies cus the angle it sends tho, its on some yoshi ****

Dotcom

Smash Lord
Won a 30 man local today, all Oli.

Making aggro Olimar safe is so rewarding yo.

I do sleep on D-Smash though, its like the angle I love bair for, but in the groud . Screw DACUS. My Skype name SoliDEEM.

Last edited:

steelguttey

mei is bei
okie dokie, im starting this again. i replaced the dumb "percent that flowered purple usmash can kill at" because it didnt mean much with "optimal pikmin lineup", so everyone, pleas tell me what you think the best pikmin lineup possible for each character is! because were going in alphabetical order, were doing bowser! i'll change it each week.

placeholder for my thoughts

Ningildo

Smash Journeyman
Lol, has anyone even had tourney exp with 3.6 Oli?

MU shouldn't change all that much. Pikmin Slide for days, DD patiently while waiting for a reaction, punish with grab and follow ups on said grab. Don't approach ever, but don't give up space for free, throw something at them if you need to retreat ( aka retreating pikmin slide) when they approach and you can't keep your ground.

We have Upthrow > Uptilt > Uptilt/Upsmash > Upair juggles that rack up an insane amount of damage. Depending on where you are when you start it, you can try and end it with a Bair to get him off stage for an edgeguard instead. You can also Dthrow > Fair when near the edge to set up for an edgeguard at mid-high percents.

Blues are great here because grab range (and they do 16% with throws 9.9), but yellows let you extend juggles to an ridiculous extent and have a bigger and faster Dair to spike (or was it a meteor...) Bowser when he's recovering. Purples feel like they will only be good for killing with Upsmash/Upair, mainly cause of Bowser's DA that lets him truck through them when tossed. It still controls space in this MU, but the point is to bait Bowser into doing anything laggy and then punish him of our grab follow ups. Whites and Reds will probably be thrown the most to bait out moves, Yellows are better for juggles and edgeguards then Reds (mainly cause Bowser's UpB is a bit disjointed and being in an edgeguard situation ourselves against Bowser's Bair doesn't sound enticing) and Whites are Whites. They used to set up for kill moves with Upthrow, but KBG increase kills (heh) that, so they're relegated to Toss pikmin mainly, although grabbing with them isn't all that bad at mid percents.

But really, did anyone have a 3.6 tournament already?

it-a-albinomoose

Smash Rookie
I did have a 3.6 tournament the day it came out, sadly i didnt face a bowser so i cant quite contribute to that, but i faced a squirtle, marth, zss, wario, and ike. conclusion was the new recovery made the marth and ike matchup much harder once you got on stage, i wasnt quite used to the new recovery so i tried going from under all the time and f smash from both characters got me a whole ton, and i was dead basically the second i got off stage, need to try from above recovery but i feel like since its so linear they would just kill me anyway

steelguttey

mei is bei
yea after some thought im gonna wait a month to start this up again, beginning of august, actually. we gotta let the new oli mains settle in nah mean

Kneato

Totoro Joe
It's August! Lets breathe some life back into this thread.

Currently, there is a community matchup chart that supposedly pulled matchup analysis from each of the character boards and top players. Here is what they have for Olimar:

: -2
: -1
: 0
: 1
: ?
: 2
: ?
: 3

This list seems outdated and generally puts Olimar in a worse standing that what I think he really is. Based on 3.6, how accurate do you guys think this list is? What changes should be made?

Last edited:

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
This list seems outdated and generally puts Olimar in a worse standing that what I think he really is. Based on 3.6, how accurate do you guys think this list is? What changes should be made?
imho

: -3

These would be my changes, anyway.

steelguttey

mei is bei
and its the last ****ing day of august and NOW ima start this up again. lets start on BOWSER, like usual.

heres the 3.0 bowser stuff we had:

Character:

Stages: Final Destination, Smashville, avoid small stages.

Percent at which flowered purple usmash can kill at: 88%

Matchup Ratio: 7-3

Tips:
Fair bowser. Dead. Space well, grab him. The combo can start at 0 and go to 50 and more. Nair is p good etc. Bowser is not going to win, if you space his neutral game and olimar's DD is good enough to do this.
Bowser is big and fat and slow. You can combo him to oblivion. Add to this, the fact that Olimar can keep Bowser down and out once he's offstage because he can edge guard him with D-Air.
VS Bowser, small stages are probably bad. Hits up-b and his ledge attack are really good so it's hard to take control.

You want to out maneuver Bowser. He's big so it's not hard to keep yourself from dropping the combo or landing the kill. His armor isn't much of a problem either as you shouldn't be carelessly approaching Bowser in the first place.

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
+1 Olimar. Olimar's got so many tools to out space and out camp Bowser in neutral. Pikmin tossing is incredable useful since the Bowser can only swat them of with either a laggy move or his jab and that makes him susceptible to their affect. Bowser of course is also severely comboed by Olimar not that that's a surprise. That's not to say Bowser is completely dominated, he's got some good going for him. Bowser can really make use of Oli's lack luster recovery with really hard punishes. Also if the Bowser is very dominant in the neutral game Olimar can have trouble find options to get stage control back. Overall in Olimar's advantage but very doable for Bowser.

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
Olimar should never, ever recover against bowser.
Nair is probably bowser's best option for getting pikmin off of him. Flame breath is still all right assuming pikmin get hit by transcendent hitboxes (not sure on that one).

It might be hard to find many Bowsers with a lot of experience against olimar.

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
Olimar should never, ever recover against bowser.
Nair is probably bowser's best option for getting pikmin off of him. Flame breath is still all right assuming pikmin get hit by transcendent hitboxes (not sure on that one).

It might be hard to find many Bowsers with a lot of experience against olimar.
So if I'm off stage I should just let myself plummet to my doom. Can't argue with that. I forgot about Bowser's N-Air, yeah that might be a better option then a stationary jab.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
Oli's nair alone poops on Bowser.

also why doesn't Bowser's nair always get Pikmin off of him it's so ****ing dumb

Last edited:

Ningildo

Smash Journeyman
I'd say it's +2 Oli's favor.

Pivot Grabs, Nair and Fsmash make approaching Oli pretty hard for Bowser. Even worse, we have Pikmin Slide, allowing us to keep playing neutral forever if need be without skipping a beat (but he'll approach eventually) and/or bait out moves to punish. We juggle him for days with late Nair > Up Tilts/Up Smashes > Up Airs or Up Throw > Up Tilts/Up Smashes > Up Airs and can easily send him off stage after that with Fair/Bair and finish it with another Fair/Bair for the edgeguard or just Dair him.

As for stages, avoid small stages like the plague (think YS, WL, maybe GHZ). You should go for big stages, but most of those have platforms that Bowser can use to get around with wavelands, kind of rendering the reason to go there (running away while chucking pikmin at him cause he's too slow to keep up) moot. FD is probably the best pick because it lacks platforms (taking away movement options for Bowser) and isn't small. Small stages are good for Bowser, but it goes both ways; he takes up more space, but in turn has a harder time avoiding grabs and the like, so it's not the end of the world if you screw up bans.

Idk if I'm missing something, but we win neutral, we probably win in punishing and go even in the edgeguarding department (Bowser's Bair is terrifying 9.9 ). It sounds pretty disgusting to play as Bowser tbh. I'd like more input on what Oli should watch out for or how to DI x thing from Bowser from @ Frost | Odds Frost | Odds or someone. I'd say how to DI Up Smash (down and away at really low percents, up and away at higher percents) and the like, but Bowser is so fat that it doesn't matter most of the time.

tasteless gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Extremely tough MU for Bowser. Most important thing for Oli is probably to be able to SH -> side B -> waveland.
I feel like any character that can hold neurtal forever is a really bad match up for bowser, but maybe with flames and the right gimps and movement (patience and safe plays) it may be 40-60 (which honestly can be way worse for a character who can camp to such a nasty degree

steelguttey

mei is bei
this is what the oli skype group said about the mu
[8/31/15, 7:30:20 PM] steelguttey: yo
[8/31/15, 7:30:26 PM] steelguttey: im starting the matchup thread up again
[8/31/15, 7:30:28 PM] steelguttey: its booser time
[8/31/15, 7:54:23 PM] RiDEL: Already writing my thoughts.
[8/31/15, 8:17:15 PM] Ryan Knight: I play Oli and Bowser but haven't done this MU from either side in 3.6
[8/31/15, 8:17:31 PM] Ryan Knight: never even played against Oli with my Bowser
[8/31/15, 8:19:46 PM] solideem: The MU Olimar was made for
[8/31/15, 8:22:57 PM] Ryan Knight: I played Odds in a set in 3.6b but that's not enough for me to get any reliable info from
[8/31/15, 8:23:25 PM] solideem: not reliable
[8/31/15, 8:23:32 PM] solideem: but you definitely have authority to speak your mind
[8/31/15, 8:23:48 PM] solideem: on how you feel since you played, one of the premier mains with that character in a set
[8/31/15, 8:24:47 PM] Ryan Knight: bowser's bair invalidates oli's recovery but Oli dominates the neutral game in every way
[8/31/15, 8:24:58 PM] solideem: YUPPPPPPPPPPPP
[8/31/15, 8:25:04 PM] Ryan Knight: but if Oli gets touched it seems like he dies
[8/31/15, 8:25:54 PM] Ryan Knight: it was actually the quickest set I ever played
[8/31/15, 8:26:08 PM] solideem: Olimar's a glass cannon.
[8/31/15, 8:26:13 PM] Ryan Knight: every stock from each of us was pretty much a 0-death
[8/31/15, 8:26:15 PM] solideem: you're entirely right.
[8/31/15, 8:27:15 PM] solideem: at least, from my experience ein the MU
[8/31/15, 8:27:40 PM] Ryan Knight: but Odds is just so good that he can get around it being a bad mu
[8/31/15, 8:27:53 PM] Ryan Knight: against me anyways
[8/31/15, 8:27:59 PM] solideem: you're either on the ground, r you're on your way out of a stock
[8/31/15, 8:28:03 PM] solideem: Even with your skill level
[8/31/15, 8:28:09 PM] solideem: I'm sure it was interesting for him
[8/31/15, 8:28:14 PM] solideem: trying to figure out what to do in the MU
[8/31/15, 8:29:19 PM] Ryan Knight: FD seems like the stage to go imo for Oli
[8/31/15, 8:29:53 PM] Ryan Knight: no platforms to give Bowser his movement and it makes it way harder for him to bait out attacks
[8/31/15, 8:30:10 PM] solideem: this is one of our "Keep away MU's"
[8/31/15, 8:30:17 PM] solideem: we really don't have to fight bowser
[8/31/15, 8:31:43 PM] Ryan Knight: the thing I found is because Bowser has really good movement options on stages with platforms it's easy for him to corner Oli
[8/31/15, 8:31:54 PM] solideem: only on stages with platforms
[8/31/15, 8:32:06 PM] solideem: I like to play king of the hill vs bowser
[8/31/15, 8:32:12 PM] solideem: find a stage like battlefield, sv
[8/31/15, 8:32:18 PM] solideem: ghz
[8/31/15, 8:32:24 PM] solideem: and play my ass of to keep center stage
[8/31/15, 8:32:43 PM] Ryan Knight: I would personally never take a Bowser to battlefield
[8/31/15, 8:32:49 PM] Ryan Knight: a good one anyways
[8/31/15, 8:33:01 PM] solideem: you may not get that option
[8/31/15, 8:33:06 PM] solideem: not taking him anywhere with platforms
[8/31/15, 8:33:09 PM] solideem: except maybe ps2
[8/31/15, 8:33:27 PM] solideem: because they're far enough outside of center stage where options still present themselves without ge3tting you cornered
[8/31/15, 8:34:48 PM] Ryan Knight: I think if a tourney is using the bottom middle 5 as starters, they all favour Oli except battlefield
[8/31/15, 8:36:46 PM] Ryan Knight: maybe it's just from my experiences, but Odds just makes Bowser look like sonic with his movement on that stage
[8/31/15, 8:39:36 PM] solideem: Yoshi's (Melee,) BF, Wario Ware alllll must go.
[8/31/15, 8:40:01 PM] solideem: just the nature of the matchup.He's designed to try to get in on an opening from the opponent
[8/31/15, 8:40:27 PM] solideem: Olimar zones bowser so well
[8/31/15, 8:41:48 PM] solideem: Aerial Bowser is sub par, because his aerial mobility is slow and most of his moves we can cover off reaction (except a side )
[8/31/15, 8:43:20 PM] Ryan Knight: once you're underneath bowser, the only thing he can do is go for a platform
[8/31/15, 8:43:48 PM] Ryan Knight: or bowser bomb to the ledge
[8/31/15, 8:43:56 PM] solideem: Once you're underneath bowser you make him ****ing regret his dumbass decision of commiting to an option that placed him over one of the best jugglers in the entire game
[8/31/15, 8:44:14 PM] solideem: or so I've heard
[8/31/15, 10:28:10 PM] steelguttey: is it weird to say that i like that we have a bad recovery cus it enhances the high risk high reward jazz we have goin on
[8/31/15, 10:28:21 PM] steelguttey: but yea you guys basically got the mu covered on all places
[8/31/15, 10:28:43 PM] steelguttey: theres a bug with booser where you throw a pikmin at one of his spikes
[8/31/15, 10:29:01 PM] steelguttey: and the pikmin starts hitting bowser, but bowser cant get the pikmin off and the pikmin cant do damage to bowser
[8/31/15, 10:29:03 PM] steelguttey: so literally nothing happens

tasteless gentleman

Smash Journeyman
this is what the oli skype group said about the mu
[8/31/15, 7:30:20 PM] steelguttey: yo
[8/31/15, 7:30:26 PM] steelguttey: im starting the matchup thread up again
[8/31/15, 7:30:28 PM] steelguttey: its booser time
[8/31/15, 7:54:23 PM] RiDEL: Already writing my thoughts.
[8/31/15, 8:17:15 PM] Ryan Knight: I play Oli and Bowser but haven't done this MU from either side in 3.6
[8/31/15, 8:17:31 PM] Ryan Knight: never even played against Oli with my Bowser
[8/31/15, 8:19:46 PM] solideem: The MU Olimar was made for
[8/31/15, 8:22:57 PM] Ryan Knight: I played Odds in a set in 3.6b but that's not enough for me to get any reliable info from
[8/31/15, 8:23:25 PM] solideem: not reliable
[8/31/15, 8:23:32 PM] solideem: but you definitely have authority to speak your mind
[8/31/15, 8:23:48 PM] solideem: on how you feel since you played, one of the premier mains with that character in a set
[8/31/15, 8:24:47 PM] Ryan Knight: bowser's bair invalidates oli's recovery but Oli dominates the neutral game in every way
[8/31/15, 8:24:58 PM] solideem: YUPPPPPPPPPPPP
[8/31/15, 8:25:04 PM] Ryan Knight: but if Oli gets touched it seems like he dies
[8/31/15, 8:25:54 PM] Ryan Knight: it was actually the quickest set I ever played
[8/31/15, 8:26:08 PM] solideem: Olimar's a glass cannon.
[8/31/15, 8:26:13 PM] Ryan Knight: every stock from each of us was pretty much a 0-death
[8/31/15, 8:26:15 PM] solideem: you're entirely right.
[8/31/15, 8:27:15 PM] solideem: at least, from my experience ein the MU
[8/31/15, 8:27:40 PM] Ryan Knight: but Odds is just so good that he can get around it being a bad mu
[8/31/15, 8:27:53 PM] Ryan Knight: against me anyways
[8/31/15, 8:27:59 PM] solideem: you're either on the ground, r you're on your way out of a stock
[8/31/15, 8:28:03 PM] solideem: Even with your skill level
[8/31/15, 8:28:09 PM] solideem: I'm sure it was interesting for him
[8/31/15, 8:28:14 PM] solideem: trying to figure out what to do in the MU
[8/31/15, 8:29:19 PM] Ryan Knight: FD seems like the stage to go imo for Oli
[8/31/15, 8:29:53 PM] Ryan Knight: no platforms to give Bowser his movement and it makes it way harder for him to bait out attacks
[8/31/15, 8:30:10 PM] solideem: this is one of our "Keep away MU's"
[8/31/15, 8:30:17 PM] solideem: we really don't have to fight bowser
[8/31/15, 8:31:43 PM] Ryan Knight: the thing I found is because Bowser has really good movement options on stages with platforms it's easy for him to corner Oli
[8/31/15, 8:31:54 PM] solideem: only on stages with platforms
[8/31/15, 8:32:06 PM] solideem: I like to play king of the hill vs bowser
[8/31/15, 8:32:12 PM] solideem: find a stage like battlefield, sv
[8/31/15, 8:32:18 PM] solideem: ghz
[8/31/15, 8:32:24 PM] solideem: and play my *** of to keep center stage
[8/31/15, 8:32:43 PM] Ryan Knight: I would personally never take a Bowser to battlefield
[8/31/15, 8:32:49 PM] Ryan Knight: a good one anyways
[8/31/15, 8:33:01 PM] solideem: you may not get that option
[8/31/15, 8:33:06 PM] solideem: not taking him anywhere with platforms
[8/31/15, 8:33:09 PM] solideem: except maybe ps2
[8/31/15, 8:33:27 PM] solideem: because they're far enough outside of center stage where options still present themselves without ge3tting you cornered
[8/31/15, 8:34:48 PM] Ryan Knight: I think if a tourney is using the bottom middle 5 as starters, they all favour Oli except battlefield
[8/31/15, 8:36:46 PM] Ryan Knight: maybe it's just from my experiences, but Odds just makes Bowser look like sonic with his movement on that stage
[8/31/15, 8:39:36 PM] solideem: Yoshi's (Melee,) BF, Wario Ware alllll must go.
[8/31/15, 8:40:01 PM] solideem: just the nature of the matchup.He's designed to try to get in on an opening from the opponent
[8/31/15, 8:40:27 PM] solideem: Olimar zones bowser so well
[8/31/15, 8:41:48 PM] solideem: Aerial Bowser is sub par, because his aerial mobility is slow and most of his moves we can cover off reaction (except a side )
[8/31/15, 8:43:20 PM] Ryan Knight: once you're underneath bowser, the only thing he can do is go for a platform
[8/31/15, 8:43:48 PM] Ryan Knight: or bowser bomb to the ledge
[8/31/15, 8:43:56 PM] solideem: Once you're underneath bowser you make him ****ing regret his ******* decision of commiting to an option that placed him over one of the best jugglers in the entire game
[8/31/15, 8:44:14 PM] solideem: or so I've heard
[8/31/15, 10:28:10 PM] steelguttey: is it weird to say that i like that we have a bad recovery cus it enhances the high risk high reward jazz we have goin on
[8/31/15, 10:28:21 PM] steelguttey: but yea you guys basically got the mu covered on all places
[8/31/15, 10:28:43 PM] steelguttey: theres a bug with booser where you throw a pikmin at one of his spikes
[8/31/15, 10:29:01 PM] steelguttey: and the pikmin starts hitting bowser, but bowser cant get the pikmin off and the pikmin cant do damage to bowser
[8/31/15, 10:29:03 PM] steelguttey: so literally nothing happens
Yea thats basically what i figured it would be like, a giant game of tag and keep away. Does olimar have a chain grab to a certain percent on bowser?

Last edited:

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
Yea thats basically what i figured it would be like, a giant game of tag and keep away. Does olimar have a chain grab to a certain percent on bowser?
Yeah. Only if your DI is putrid or you do I think a White D-Throw at really low percent's. There are probably more I just haven't faced many Bowser's to confirm.

tasteless gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. Only if your DI is putrid or you do I think a White D-Throw at really low percent's. There are probably more I just haven't faced many Bowser's to confirm.
Up throw at low percent into down throw dash grabs? Bowser probably doesnt go that high considering his weight and size

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
Up throw at low percent into down throw dash grabs? Bowser probably doesnt go that high considering his weight and size
I could see U-Throw working as well. I just feel the D-Throw's lower trajectory would be more suitable for the chain grab.

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
So if I'm off stage I should just let myself plummet to my doom. Can't argue with that. I forgot about Bowser's N-Air, yeah that might be a better option then a stationary jab.
My point being that Olimar should never be capable of recovering, and that Bowser should never let him get back on.
Just wanted to clarify that.

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
My point being that Olimar should never be capable of recovering, and that Bowser should never let him get back on.
Just wanted to clarify that.
Yeah iwas just joking about the "plummeting to my death" part.

bokunosmashbros

Smash Rookie
Personally I love using Reds and Blues for the Bowser MU. The grab range on the blues really help a lot plus both of these pikmin can do tons of damage on him while still being able to combo. Whites are also useful for throwing since they're harder to dodge, especially for someone as big as Bowser.

tasteless gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Personally I love using Reds and Blues for the Bowser MU. The grab range on the blues really help a lot plus both of these pikmin can do tons of damage on him while still being able to combo. Whites are also useful for throwing since they're harder to dodge, especially for someone as big as Bowser.
I prefer throwing white when they are leaves and grabbing (pummels) when they are bloomed

Top Bottom