• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar is banned, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Dedede can be very dangerous.. he can spam, and his reach is really good, he has almost every aspect of a good character. good jumps, projectile (chance of getting a gordo), good reach, heavy, chain grab, unlimited combo, etc.

I don't know any other character with that much good stuff...

and on topic, lawl Olimar is a fish out of water off the stage, and if you just pressure him he isn't that dangerous.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I have seen a couple of 0% kill combos with Olimar that seem like they would work on a lot of stages. I don't think Olimar should be banned, yet, but if tournament results start becoming on based on "who gets the first hit with Olimar" then yeah, he probably should.

Battousai780

Smash Ace
I actually want to play this guy and pwn him hard in two ways: 1) with DDD so I can chaingrab the **** out of him and 2) with someone not on his dumb banned list so that I prove to him it isnt the chars that are too good, it's his lack of skill. This kid should be banned from Brawl.

Ojanya

Smash Ace
No characters will be banned. Period. Only if they are rediculously broken

Zek

Smash Ace
The only reason to ever ban a character is if he's so ridiculously good that allowing him would mean that everybody in the tournament plays that character. Fox in Melee wasn't that much better than Falco, Marth, etc.

Snailboto

Smash Rookie
As an Olimar player solely because I loved Pikimin 2, this is good news since it turns out my main is actually good.

NotEz

Smash Journeyman
if they legalize fox in melee then they're not going to take out olimar.

and they did legalize fox, so olimar is not going to be banned. how 'bout you just learn to play against him?

Sugata Designs

Smash Cadet
I think people are underestimating a bit how often characters get banned in fighting games. It's not very often, but it's not "only 3 characters in history". Justice and Kliff were banned in Guilty Gear, and that's only one series. Generally though, characters are only banned if they weren't meant to be balanced in the first place. Like Boss characters from Mortal Kombat (Terrible example), or that one ....super-strong version of Akuma in Street Fighter (Better example).

And Brawl was made to be balanced; there are no characters who are on an entirely different level than other characters. I'm not talking about being better, I'm talking about it being outright impossible to win with the lower tier character against the broken, banned one; or the banned character simply has kinky stuff that makes him or her act as if in an entirely different fighting game. In example, if I'm not mistaken (correct me if I am), the super-strong Akuma I mentioned above does WAY more damage than any other character, but takes way more damage. To the point of something like Triple Damage output/input.

So yea. Yada yada, no characters will be banned, yada yada.

Scion

Smash Cadet
Well, reiterating what everyone else has said

Melee didn't have any characters banned, brawl won't either. imo i think the players in brawl are more balanced than melee, and even in melee I didn't think it too much of an unfair advantage.

The game hasn't even been our for a while and people like this guy are crying ban. I vote we ignore them.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Olimar is only strong because you have to be able to micromanage his Pikmin enough to make it remotely efficentive... I've hardly seen any Olimar do that yet... then again I've only seem Olimar players in Anyone mode...

SothE700k

Smash Lord
So OP, I looked through this entire thread, and I haven't seen any videos of Olimar's "22 0% to death" kills.

I salute you OP, for making a joke for all of us to laugh at you for. You fail.

So now that this thread is a joke, I present to you all: a stickfigure kicking the crap out of another one. Enjoy.

Quicksand

Smash Apprentice
Olimar isn't that good... yet. And I only say yet because I'm willing to give him a chance to be.

In the end no characters will be banned. As of right now Olimar is the least of anyone's concerns. He's not as cheap as you made him out to be.

Right now Dedede is causing havoc with tournament rules. Think of Dedede as the Larry Byrd of Smash. His inclusion to the game is actually causing speculation over many stages being banned.
Larry Byrd? You mean Larry Bird? :chuckle:

Fox McCl0ud

Smash Apprentice
I don't believe in banning characters in a game. It just ruins the game. All characters in Brawl are balanced so there are ways around everything.

Andromeda

Smash Lord
As if you banned C. Falcon in Melee just because he had a 0 to death-combo, or Sheik, just because she was way to combofriendly overall.

If the game would be completely balanced, would there even be any needs for a tier list?

Deft

Smash Cadet
can we just close and delete threads concerning banning characaters. thats just too ridiculous to even be remotely feasible yet.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
If you're getting stuck in a 0-kill combo on a regular basis... You're not very good.

SFJake

Smash Apprentice
1-Olimar isn't overpowered. If he is, I want proof, I've never seen any.

2-Chun Li in Street Fighter: 3rd STrike was never banned (and god knows they had more real pro tournaments than smas). She is extremely overpowered yet she's still there.

No characters will be banned, trust me. If Chun-Li wasn't banned, no one ever will.....

orintemple

Smash Lord
I wonder if people were so rampant about banning characters when Melee came out? I realize the community was small but there had to be some people who wanted to ban characters in Melee. But it didn't happen, it won't ever happen. That's just dumb. You have no right to propose a character ban unless you are pro, and there are technically no Brawl pros yet.

ConeZone

Smash Ace
banning characters is the dumbest thing i have ever heard. banning stages yes, banning characters?...no, if you can't beat someone, that means you aren't good enough and you need to train to get better.

Aesir

Smash Master
^ In this situation? yes. In other situations where a character just clearly ***** every other character. It's not a hard match up but when every character has no chance. Thats when you ban a character.

Niblet

Smash Cadet
Sage this ****. Why are we continuing to discuss this thread? Plenty enough have said banning won't happen. Not everyone has to add their opinion. The opinions of a (few) scrubs don't mean jack****. Just watch how the tournament scene progresses. No one will be banned.

Pubik Vengeance

Smash Journeyman
IF they decide to ban Olimar (which no one will, but I'm just going along with your logic), why not ban Marth, he's good? What about Meta Knight, Pit, Ike, Fox, Falco, Dedede, and Sheik?

If everyone banned good characters, we would be left with Ice Climbers, Yoshi, Pikachu, and Bowser, and then one of those would be better then the rest, to the point where all characters would be banned except whichever character ends up being Brawl's version of Pichu.

And that won't be much fun now will it?

Flaminglink

Smash Journeyman
Whover wants a character banned should kill themselves now... its a really stupid idea, u cant ban character that u think are too good.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
IF they decide to ban Olimar (which no one will, but I'm just going along with your logic), why not ban Marth, he's good? What about Meta Knight, Pit, Ike, Fox, Falco, Dedede, and Sheik?

If everyone banned good characters, we would be left with Ice Climbers, Yoshi, Pikachu, and Bowser, and then one of those would be better then the rest, to the point where all characters would be banned except whichever character ends up being Brawl's version of Pichu.

And that won't be much fun now will it?
Thats the truth, and you'd be stupid to underestimate any characters abilities. I've seen people play well with all the brawl characters. Pikachu, Bowser and even Yoshi can **** now if in the right hands.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
If we ban Olimar, thats really only banning his tilts, standard A, and Nair
The Pikmin to the rest.
Yea, your logic fails pretty hard

Super Drybones

Smash Ace
The only reason a character would ever be banned is if that character

1. Was designed to be unbeatable

2. is unbelieveably good at everything making other characters useless

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Brawel's meta game is still young and much more testing is needed to decide in certain characters are too overpowered. The backroom will give their "official" tourament rules in due course. It will be up to individual tourament organizers to follow or ignore them.

But as an Olimar superfan, I will definitely be playing as Olimar online and against friends no matter what.
QFT.

On a side note, ban characters? Uber rofl! Fox wasnt banned in Melee! /thread.

On another note, ban Olimar? hahahahahaha. He's beatable, you just have to know what to do.

People shock me sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom