• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar Changes in 3.5 and What This Means For You

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Ok, to a lot of people the numbers in the changelog are probably confusing. So I'm here to clarify what moves were nerfed and what were buffed. This is a comparison of 3.02 -> 3.05 Olimar

Ftilt - The move lost a hitbox and also lost its really high KBG meaning it doesn't work as well as a surprise kill move anymore. Nerfed.

Dtilt - Lost range and disjoint for a tiny amount of base knockback. Nerfed.

Fsmash - The patch notes makes it unclear of how this works now seeing as it says things like "lingers until pikmin hit the ground" and "hits on 11-15 nao". I haven't played 3.5 yet so it's hard for me to make a judgement on if this move was nerfed or not.

In general though:

• Knockback has been decreased making it a worse KO move at high percentages.
  • Hitbox isn't out as long while grounded, but stays indefinitely allowing for edgeguarding opportunities with fsmash
  • It looks like as they flower, they lose knockback growth in exchange for some base knockback, I think perhaps this might mean that killing with budded fsmash might be your best option in some situations
Power retooled, leans closer to nerfed though

Usmash - Damage decreased, knockback decreased, 1 frame faster. Nerfed.

Dsmash - Less knockback, some Pikmin have less damage, higher angle meaning it doesn't semi-spike as well, sourspot nerfed also. I love how they made a change on Red Pikmin saying they nerfed the sourspot when it NEVER HAD ONE IN 3.02. Nerfed.

Nair - Range and disjoint decreased. Nerfed.

Fair - Damage decreased across the board (Whites got GUTTED), less knockback. Yellow Pikmin got a small speed increase. Yellow Pikmin were maybe(?) retooled while every other Pikmin got nerfed.

Bair - Slightly more damage, slightly more knockback at higher percentages, lost a bit of base knockback. I'm not sure if it does more or less at low percents. Probably the same. Buffed.

Dair - This one is weird. Red Pikmin got a meteor smash on their sourspot while they got reduced damage, yellow got a damage and knockback buff and a meteor smash on their sourspot, Blue got a slight knockback buff during stage one and two and a meteor smash and knockback buff on their sourspot, white got a damage nerf and purple got a damage buff and a huge knockback buff on sourspot.

Buffed: Yellow, Blue, Purple
Retool: Red
Nerfed: White

Grabs - Blue got buffed with slightly longer range, purple got nerfed heavily with range and hitbox duration and white's pummel got nerfed.

Throws - F/Bthrow release later so you can follow up better, damage on blues was reduced, knockback increased or stayed the same across the board (except blues, idk how much that 2 % vs 15 extra KBG is).

Uthrow is pretty much the same, reduced knockback and damage on purples though.

Dthrow had damage decreased on some Pikmin and knockback increases in general. You can no longer 420 noscope combo people with dthrow -> usmash x40000

Throws I would say were retooled to make other throws viable options at lower percents. Blue Pikmin and Purple (D/Uthrow) are still your primary kill throws.

Side B - White damage reduced during stage 2 and 3. Nerfed.

Up B - No longer has a hitbox while tethering. Nerfed.

Dash attack - Properly tied hitboxes? Idk.

SDI and Shield Damage Changes - All have been changed to 1.0x SDI modifiers and Shield Damage from most purple and yellow attacks has been removed. The SDI change will affect your combos (hopefully Yellow aren't horribly unsafe on hit now!) the Shield Damage is a blatant nerf, although I doubt anyone knew or noticed it anyway. Hard to say if the SDI modifier is a nerf or not but the shield damage thing defs is a nerf.

Pikmin - You get 4 when you spawn at the beginning of a match up from 3. You also get 2 when you die. Buffed.

Pikmin Properties - No longer does yellow Pikmin violate Pikachu and Zelda. Elemental immunities have been removed (Nerf) but they can swim now (???????). Pikmin all have a 20% chance to be plucked. (Retool, maybe a buff).

Pikmin HP - Gutted, probably the most devastating change of them all. This nerf literally makes side B USELESS. I have NOOOOOOOO idea what they were thinking when they did this. Nerfed.

I honestly would like to know the reasoning behind a lot of these changes. What exactly was the PMBR smoking when they created this?

I had high hopes for Olimar in 3.05, but instead I am disappointed at this unbalanced monstrosity that is beginning to rival Melee Kirby and Brawl Zelda.

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
C'mon now. No way Olimar is Melee Zelda/Kirby bad. I understand not being happy with nerfs to your characters. Roy was overall buffed but i'm salty over upair change and don't get me started on Wario or tink, lol.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I don't really play Olimar actually, I was sort of exaggerating when I said Kirby bad but not really. Olimar will be at the bottom of every person's 3.05 tier list because... well... they nerfed an already bad character with completely random nerfs.

Minus the Usmash/Throw nerfs/changes, the 4 pikmin at the beginning of the game/2 on respawn buff, and the 20% chance to pluck any pikmin, every SINGLE OTHER CHANGE WAS UNNECESSARY AND DOES NOTHING FOR THE IDENTITY OF THE CHARACTER.

Ftilt? It was so overpowered that it needed nerfing?

Dtilt? Oh you mean the taunt that was so overpowered that it needed nerfing?

Dair needed buffs? Literally who asked for this?

White Side B needed nerfs when they nerfed the HP of whites to 14%?

PIKMIN CAN SWIM NOW?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Professor Pro if you could stop for like 3 seconds and look at the changelist you can see this **** is all accurate. A little bit of playtesting really confirms Olimar lives up to how bad anyone could expect him to be, at best he's a Melee low tier. Not Kirby levels, but maybe like Melee Roy levels.

I play Olimar and I basically agree with this entire list, with like the one exception of Yellow Fair where I feel like it was a buff rather than a retool, and will add that 20% across the board is a buff since usually you pulled a lot of Yellows and got really shafted pulling Purples. 20% is less infuriating to deal with.

Olimar was already pretty bad and he got hit with more nerfs than Mewtwo and Diddy did. At least he got more buffs to compensate, but that's still absolutely ridiculous.

Last edited:

Oracle

Smash Master
Olimar is probably the worst chara ter in the game unless theres some broken exploit we havent found

B.W.

Smash Champion
Guys Olimar isn't changed as much as people think he is. His damage is still there, it's just not free anymore.

He has a few bugs still, but the things that made him good such as his aerials are still there. His gimp game is still amazing, and his recovery, while nerfed because of some of the ledge mechanics, is still not the worst. It's about as good as a lot of other characters really, which was one of the main points of this update.

Everyone should use F-Smash now. Frames weren't changed (except for Yellow) but it doesn't have the worst hitboxes in the world now.

Also, in case anyone hasn't realized it yet, White Pikmin poison with Side-B right away now, and as it grows the poison damage on Side-B gets stronger (Flowered can go from 0-70 if unshaken).

NeonApophis

Smash Apprentice
Olimar was way better in 3.02 than most people realized since SS (not Silent Spectre) was the only good Olimar player. Side b was pretty busted since the pikmin blocked the vast majority of projectiles, did a decent amount of damage on hit, and the throws had little enough endlag that a combination of side b spam and DD grabs let Olimar stay very safe. His punishes on grab were also obscene since he could get guaranteed up smash combos such as up smash -> up smash -> up air which did like 50% on its own and led into other follow ups. Pikmin health reduction helps to make side b more reasonable. The overall damage reduction also seems good. Olimar's damage output on easy, guaranteed combos was just so excessive. I'm not sure if the full set of nerfs was good, since I don't play much Olimar, but he was much better in 3.02 than most people realize.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
OK so I just want to mention that after I posted this I was told that yellow pikmin actually end faster as well as have a faster hit frame so yellow aerials were definitely buffed across the board (except maybe uair? I forgot uair, but from what I saw of it it was mostly nerfed as well).

The 20% thing is to me a retool or even just a consistent QoL change since you get less blues and more whites in exchange for more purples.

I didn't know that white's poison immediately on Side B now. Typical PMBR patch notes.

@SiLeNtDo0m
what did they change about down B? It's mentioned in the changelog but there's nothing there.

P.S. I think if you're going to revert HP to almost brawl level he should have brawl level pluck speed.

Or you could buff dair. w/e

Last edited:

B.W.

Smash Champion
HP as it is isn't really that bad to be honest. I've played Olimar non-stop to see how he measures up and yes Pikmin die faster, but they're invincible when they're in line. If you lose a Pikmin then it's because you messed something up. My Pikmin only tend to die if I use Side-B or F-Smash.

Also the F-Smash change is really good for Olimar. The frames haven't changed, but they're hitboxes aren't worthless anymore. It's almost like you're throwing a sex kick at the opponent.

jtm94

Smash Lord
Just fiddled with Olimar for a solid 30 minutes and he still has really good things. This version is really good I assure you, but he did lose a lot of the dumb things like dthrow, dash attack, dtilt, nair, fair, all going into fair at most %s.

I was able to pull off swag things like nair > dtilt > nair > dtilt > fair at low-mid % and it was all a true combo. The character isn't bad by any means.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Actually his Dash Attack is still dumb, and even though its not disjointed I feel like his D-Tilt might be dumber as far as its knock back. F-Air is still basically the same too.

Literally the most unfortunate part about it all though is the dumb bugs still exist. There's a list of **** that can still happen.

-Pikmin fall apart on recovery.
-Grabs get broken out of while you're in the middle of a throw animation.
-Still the only character without armor on grabs.
-That weird bug where you have Pikmin, but your Pikmin attacks act like you don't have any Pikmin.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
No grab armor technically isn't a bug. I'm fairly certain I've said this before, but the Pikmin themselves are the ones doing the grabbing; not Olimar.

B.W.

Smash Champion
The Pikmin are intangible, but every other character, even those with tether recoveries, will absorb the hit if a hitbox touches them at the same time a grab lands, which keeps the opponent from breaking out of a successful grab. Olimar doesn't do this.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
so they changed the sourspot damage of red pikmin down smash but it still has a hitbox size of 0 meaning it can never hit

EXCELLENT JOB FRIENDS

IcyLight

Smash Lord
Just so you guys know, Olimar was actually buffed like crazy. He has his brawl play style back, so I'm going to be maining him again. Don't look at it from a PM 3.02 perspective, but as a new character with a different style and you will do well. I will post vids of my next tournament, as I will have plenty of high level matches as oli to show you :)

B.W.

Smash Champion
Not idea how he has his Brawl playstyle back when he's mostly unchanged 3.02. He really wasn't buffed at all. He did receive more nerfs than buffs technically, but it all balances out fairly well because this is pretty much a new game.

Only real buffs he got were faster Yellows (but their damage is less), Whites are godly now, and F-Smash is a little better.

IcyLight

Smash Lord
But the total pikmin count being as high as it is, being able to start with some, and having the improved recovery help him a lot. Also because some of his stuff in weaker in some areas, it allows better and more improvised combo situations.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Pikmin total is still 4.

Knockback is generally the same as before, but he does less damage than before. Also his moves are overall more laggy than 3.0 and Brawl.

Last edited:

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
comment about tether not being fixed and being made worse goes here

Olimar's not as good as he was in 3.02, but he still plays pretty much the same. Yellows being better is nice, but his biggest problems of 3.02 weren't really addressed.

He can still rack up damage and combo like crazy, but you actually have to try now.

That being said, a character with a broken (as in bad) grab and recovery will never see serious competitive viability.

What I'm saying is that I have an incredible amount of respect for SS, especially if he continues doing well as this character.

B.W.

Smash Champion
His grab is actually really good, except for when opponents randomly break out during your throw animations.

You have to recognize what Pikmin you're grabbing with now though.

You actually have to be fully aware of what Pikmin is next in line now too because they're all kind of better for different things.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
His grab is actually really good, except for when opponents randomly break out during your throw animations.
This was all I was talking about.

Purples are now useless for grabs (which is fine), but random grab release along with Pikmin taking invincibility on-hit instead of Oli is still dumb as hell.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Yes, his bugs make him a pain in the ass.

I was planning on playing him again for a while to see how things turn out, but his recovery right now is one of the worst in the game thanks to the new tether mechanics.

B.W.

Smash Champion
His recovery is bad because it tends to fall apart randomly.

Like it's not the worst thing in the world if they don't fall apart, but you'll always have that fear.

But on top of that he has to deal with the new tether mechanics when he recovers. Tethering is literally just bad recovery now, I don't even expect the Links to use their Hookshots that often anymore.

jtm94

Smash Lord
Hookshot is almost worse than Olimar's tether because Link's hookshot takes like 9 frames to even target the ledge so he just floats doing nothing. Olimar can't air dodge though..

I agree his recovery should have been fixed and pikmin shouldn't fall off as he gets hit. If it can't be fixed than I don't really have much else to say.

GrizzleDrizz1ed

Smash Apprentice
I kinda laugh at the reactions people have on the character pages complaining about Nerfs. People are ******** up a storm and comparing their new character to the 3.02 version and crying about it. The thing about it is that everyone got retooled. The game has changed. You have to work for it a lot more now. Within hours people are complaining about changes purely based off the one character change list. Not even taking into account the other characters change list. Sure, your character is worse compared to the previous counter part, but 3.5 Olimar isn't fighting against 3.02 Diddy. Then people whine because their old combos and tactics don't work in the exact same way. Give it some time and see how they fare. I heard one guy say that he's considering dropping a character because he didn't do well after 10 matches. 4 Realz

Honestly, Olimar was possibly hit the worst, and not because of his stat changes but because his fundamental bugs weren't fixed. Him being unreliable will keep people away from the character.

He does have a good amount of positives though.
I like the Yellows now and I think the 20% Pikmin Pluck for all colors is awesome. I really don't care at all now for Set Order. I like the HP reduction on Pikmin along with the more standard knockback on the Pikmin. I feel like his dash attack is better and feels more natural. One of the only things I don't like is the Purple Usmash height. It's a wasted move is trying to Usmash someone on a platform. I wish that was standard height too. It's fine being shorter as a grab and Fsmash but the Usmash could use a little more love, even if the KB and damage is reduced when it's over half the height. I wish that Whites didn't get hit so hard. I haven't played using them as much so my opinion on Whites is very tentative. I mostly think that the flower effect shouldn't be shakable, if that means the flower effect gets a nerf, then so be it. I also still think that the Pikmin attached from Pikmin Toss should get at least 1 hit in before being able to get knocked off. It costs Olimar a lot to not have all of his Pikmin in line so there should be a kind of trade off. Falco and many others can spam projectiles with little to no consequence but Olimar has a Huge penalty for even attempting tossing 2-3 of his Pikmin. The least they can do is tack on a measly 2% before getting knocked off. (6% or so for white but the white will be dead if hit off)

B.W.

Smash Champion
One thing I'd like to say, now that you mentioned the Pikmin not hitting a lot when attached.

Pikmin hit the opponent less the more damage they have. They'll go for like 7 hits when the opponent is between like 0 and 25 and then it'll drop to 5 then 3 and eventually it'll go down to them hitting once. (I don't know if these are exact numbers. Go test it and you'll see though.)

PMDT, that's silly and should be removed. Especially since you're risking your Pikmin by throwing them at the opponent for damage. When Pikmin fall off from this they're vulnerable and people will go out of their way to kill Pikmin if it doesn't put them at risk. The amount of hits a Pikmin does should not decrease with how much damage the enemy has.

Another problem with this system is that if you throw a White onto an opponent, they immediately explode, and the player might not want that to happen (I usually whistle to try to save my whites because they're the real damage doers).

Taytertot

Smash Ace
I kinda laugh at the reactions people have on the character pages complaining about Nerfs. People are *****ing up a storm and comparing their new character to the 3.02 version and crying about it. The thing about it is that everyone got retooled. The game has changed. You have to work for it a lot more now. Within hours people are complaining about changes purely based off the one character change list. Not even taking into account the other characters change list. Sure, your character is worse compared to the previous counter part, but 3.5 Olimar isn't fighting against 3.02 Diddy. Then people whine because their old combos and tactics don't work in the exact same way. Give it some time and see how they fare. I heard one guy say that he's considering dropping a character because he didn't do well after 10 matches. 4 Realz

Honestly, Olimar was possibly hit the worst, and not because of his stat changes but because his fundamental bugs weren't fixed. Him being unreliable will keep people away from the character.

He does have a good amount of positives though.
I like the Yellows now and I think the 20% Pikmin Pluck for all colors is awesome. I really don't care at all now for Set Order. I like the HP reduction on Pikmin along with the more standard knockback on the Pikmin. I feel like his dash attack is better and feels more natural. One of the only things I don't like is the Purple Usmash height. It's a wasted move is trying to Usmash someone on a platform. I wish that was standard height too. It's fine being shorter as a grab and Fsmash but the Usmash could use a little more love, even if the KB and damage is reduced when it's over half the height. I wish that Whites didn't get hit so hard. I haven't played using them as much so my opinion on Whites is very tentative. I mostly think that the flower effect shouldn't be shakable, if that means the flower effect gets a nerf, then so be it. I also still think that the Pikmin attached from Pikmin Toss should get at least 1 hit in before being able to get knocked off. It costs Olimar a lot to not have all of his Pikmin in line so there should be a kind of trade off. Falco and many others can spam projectiles with little to no consequence but Olimar has a Huge penalty for even attempting tossing 2-3 of his Pikmin. The least they can do is tack on a measly 2% before getting knocked off. (6% or so for white but the white will be dead if hit off)
I really dont think that people are basing their dislike of the nerfs based on 3.02 characters. Yes the majority of characters got slight nerfs as a whole and some of the really good characters got big nerfs i.e. mewtwo, diddy and lucas but the amount of nerfs that most characters got where very minor and oli got heavy nerfs despite not being great in the first place. For instance, roy was very balanced in 3.02 and depending on point-of-view he got either a slight buff or a slight nerf. Charizard also didnt get a very large nerf with only slight changes where there were changes, none of which will be enough of a detriment to cause a playstyle change. Same with ike, very slight nerfs as a whole. All in all, most characters who were pretty well balanced or mid-tierish got only a sliver of a nerf or a sliver of a buff. But, olimar, who was consider by most to be around low-tier in 3.02, got a huge nerf as a whole which makes no sense at all. He should have been buffed more because, like ganon, he lacked many things, hence that fact that almost no one was competing with him in tourneys. Im not saying he should have been buffed as much as ganon but he should have been buff a bit.

Last edited:

B.W.

Smash Champion
I wouldn't go and say Olimar even needed buffs. In 3.02 he really wasn't that bad a character. His grab game was probably the best and one hit with him usually meant you taking a stock off the opponent. He probably needed very little nerfs so that he wouldn't be OP in 3.5.

Things like U-Smash and U-Air needed toning down, and the Pikmin getting less HP was probably a good move too. But his damage potential now is not very good. I don't disagree that it needed to be toned down a little, but it probably got toned down a little too hard.

One big issue with Olimar right now though is that all of his bugs remained. Pikmin scattering on recovery, Pikmin responding to attacks making stuff like aerials act like you have no Pikmin (it happens rarely, but it sucks when it does), opponents breaking out of grabs during throw animations.

Then to top it all off tether recoveries as a whole are terrible. Anyone who relies on a tether is screwed off stage unless they're on the offense. Edgeguarding a tether is easier than edgeguarding a regular Up-B. Sit on the ledge and wait for them to pop up then throw them off before they hit the ground. It sucks to only be able to tether twice with an Up-B tether, especially when that tether doesn't even have a hitbox to cover you on your return like most other Up-Bs. Then to top it all off, Olimar's falls apart sometimes.

The changes in his design are good. Less HP, Yellows getting a speed buff and some of its hitboxes being bigger again, Whites getting tweaked to work more as a projectile to force an attack out of an opponent, Blues grab range and Purple's range nerfs on grab, U-Smash, F-Smash and U-Air. All the Pikmin feel very unique now, but Olimar's attacks don't really all work together anymore, and because of that coupled with the damage nerf he's kinda mehhh.

I don't think he's the worst character in the game even still though, and I really don't even know who I'd group him with currently. I've been playing him a lot to see what he might be able to pull off and I'm going to keep playing him and see where I think the character can go, just like I did in 3.02.

I know SS is still going to play him for now to see as well, and I'm curious as to how he's going to place in the next few tournaments he attends.

Ultimate Sneeze

Smash Apprentice
I was going through characters trying to figure out who I didn't want to main, and I thought "Olimar was nerfed in 3.5 right? He's probably not much fun" And then I messed around with him and actually had fun. Sooooo wall of thoughts on Olimar inc.

I feel like even if Olimar is in a bad spot now, its a good bad spot to build him up from. There's nothing incredibly annoying or polarizing about his kit, and small buffs here and there can turn him into an incredibly solid character. Stocks starting with Pikmin is soooo nice compared to when I messed around with him in 3.02

Basically, fix his bugs, like everyone else is saying (B.W. specifically from what I've seen). That should be a top priority above everything else, making everything consistent and giving the poor guy some grab armor.

And now, I'm going to turn this into what I believe is a reasonable theory-wishlist, because even though I'm no expert on Olimar, I don't want to do math homework right now.

Recovery. Retool his z-air into the tether. The properties (with bugfixes) should be alright, and if the little bounce could be kept in anyway, that would be a nice unique feature that other z-tethers don't have. (Airdodge into bounce tether would be a nice recovery buff.) From there, since he already has a semi-okay b-stall (A bit niche, but usable in some situations) And a diagonal upwards recovery, those with his decent aerial movement makes for an average horizontal recovery. Why not some vertical recovery? The move I have in mind is a little dark, but basically, footstool a pikmin for a sonic spring-esque effect. The Pikmin then latch on to someone if they fall, or, in the purple's case, do a decent amount of damage with minimal knockback. This could work offstage both as a vertical recovery and as a way to punish poorly used double-jumps (in the case of purples), and rack up a bit of damage for if the opponent gets back. Not OP, but just another tool. Onstage, it could be combined with Pikmin throw to get more Pikmin onto an enemy from different angles, and since that's kind of Olimar's thing in the games... I think it kind of works. Besides the whole Pikmin sacrifice/murder part.

Another gripe people typically have with Olimar is that his moves are kind of bland. They're right, there's not much you can do with small pikmin and small appendages. However, I think there is some room for improvement.

B-air: It's... Basically forward air, with a few hitbox differences. I feel like if it was some sort of descending arc (kind of like Lucas' back air), it would freshen up his aerial game. Keep combo hitboxes on the top of the move, make the horizontal hitboxes similar to what bair is now, and then get the bottom hitboxes close to Oli with some diagonal downward angle goodness (think of it as making up for taking some of that mean angle off of D-Smash). While the current bair does have nice uses at different percents, I think changing the move's asthetic and giving it a little more variety couldn't hurt.

B-Throw/F-Throw: They're like, the same thing. Why not have one of them turn into a "Olimar grabs Pikmin legs and swings them around while the Pikmin is grabbing the opponent like a Mario/Wario sort of thing"? While it is kind of copying a different throw archetype, it's also putting a unique Olimar spin on it (seewhatIdidhurhurhur).

U-Throw/D-Throw: Again, they're really similar aesthetically. While I don't want to mess too much with the function of these throws, why not have d-throw, instead of being another pikmin only grab/throw, have the Pikmin hold the person down while Olimar butt slams them or something (perhaps leave in the ability to pummel while Olimar's rear is descending toward the foe to make it more unique, keeping in mind damage balance of course.) Better yet, have him do a WWE piledriver, that'd be glorious.

I know Olimar is kind of a wonky character in a melee environment, and its really difficult to give him a unique identity without being obscenely annoying, but I think putting a little bit of aesthetic variety (these ideas or variations thereupon) into the character will freshen things up, and maybe it'll lead to some more ideas on how to diversify him down the line.

/olimarbalancerantover

Also, I realize costumes aren't quite top priority, especially for a relatively unpopular character, but PMDT, can we please get some boss-themed spacesuits in the mix? The pale-blue with black titan dweevil theme would add some variety, and you could put some cool designs on it... And then if there was a bulborb themed outfit that would be pretty cu- Badass. Very Badass. Also it's a shame there isn't a "President" outfit.

Okay, this time I'm really done. Now I'll go do math homework. Probably.

Ningildo

Smash Journeyman
Changing the animations on f/bthrow to mario/wario esque would make them longer and more easily DI-able (as the opponent would then have more time to react). If they were the exact same animation, though, it be amazing as the opponent has to guess what direction to DI. Not sure if it's the greatest change if done for merely aesthetic purposes, as Oli is already incredibly annoying to reprogram imo, due Pikmin colors and the flowering mechanic influencing the KB on most of his moves (and, god, trying to get frame data for this characters is a *****).

Pretty sure Fair goes in a up to down sweeping motion and Bair the reverse, but only till roughly the middle of Oli's body.

And people talking about Oli's lack of disjoint obviously haven't tasted Yellow aerials and smashes, or any color of them, really. Speaking of smashes, Fsmash's hitbox staying out till the pikmin touches the ground is godlike. Possibly the best edgeguarding tools that Oli has and among the best in the game imo.

Since when is smacking opponents with plantimals "bland"?

Top Bottom