• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar and Alph's voices should be implemented

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
For some reason, Smash always left out Olimar and Alph's voices. At the time of Brawl it might be justifiable because you never heard Olimar's voice in Pikmin 1 and he rarely speaks in 2, but Pikmin 3 has its characters talk in full dialogue sequences plenty of times. It feels super strange to have these two mute and I hope Marth gaining his English voice means they'll consider adding Olimar's and Alph's.

For those unaware, this is what they sound like.

(alph talks at 5:15)

Poopyhead

Smash Cadet
I really love Alph's voice, especially the way he rolls his r's when he says "S.S. Drake" and it'd make me much more inclined to play him if they added voices. But, I don't really know how they would implement them. As far as I remember in Pikmin they don't speak or make noises unless they're talking, so in Smash it would be weird to hear them talk while fighting.

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
I really love Alph's voice, especially the way he rolls his r's when he says "S.S. Drake" and it'd make me much more inclined to play him if they added voices. But, I don't really know how they would implement them. As far as I remember in Pikmin they don't speak or make noises unless they're talking, so in Smash it would be weird to hear them talk while fighting.
You still could easily make them grunt when hit and have them speak in their languages when directing Pikmin for certain attacks.

D

Deleted member

I think for now their fine. But the voice clips will be a nice change.

PlasmWraith

Smash Apprentice
I feel like it's pretty absurd for a game that's essentially a love letter to Nintendo history, and to have one of the characters just not speak at all even if they do in the game and pass that off as just a tiny thing that shouldn't have time wasted on it. Yeah I know it's because nobody gives a **** about Pikmin in the Smash community but it'd be a huge deal for Olimar and Alph as they appear in the game.

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
I'm fine either way. They're both quiet when working.

I love the voices though, so I'd be happy to see them in.

D

Deleted member

It's always been kinda weird to me that in stuff like the sound test they're listed as "Olimar" and "Alph" yet you only hear the Pikmin? like I know it's "Pikmin and Olimar/Alph" in Japan (they prefer the Pikmin over the Hocotates/Koppites over there since the Pikmin are really just more cutesy, I mean just look at the Pikmin merchandise) but still

Plus when I first watched those Pikmin short movies and heard Olimar's voice, I thought to myself "wait what the hell?? is that ACTUALLY Olimar??" because after learning about him from Smash Bros I'd assumed he'd have kind of a high pitched voice if he were to talk??? so that as well. (Alph's voice is fine though and I like the stuff like rolling the "r" in "SS Drake")

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'd love it if their voices were added; even more if they gave Alph his own animations and actually made him blink in his idle animation (currently he only blinks painfully when he takes damage).

In Pikmin 2, I didn't realize those deep breathing sounds were Olimar's; I assumed they were all Louie's lol. Pikmin 2 actually made me think Olimar had a higher-pitched voice due to the two sounds that play before his whistle's sound in the video, so his voice in Pikmin 3 surprised me.

Top Bottom