• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar Advanced Techniques

Oatz

Smash Rookie
Okay cool, I was basically asking it all of it still worked. I knew that the stalling mechanic was changed so I was just making sure. I tried a few for myself like Pluck Lag Cancel 1&2, pikmin throw wave dash, and platform smash.

zygo

Smash Rookie
Platform smashing: stand just on the edge of a ledge so that your pikmin go off the side when you down smash. Do a down smash, then the front pikmin will fly up and land on the platform above you. You can then do a platform smash with it. Works even with 2 pikmin, but only on stages where the platform is close enough to the ledge.

Also, multiple whistle wavebouncing is probably advanced enough to be on here. It essentially gives you an aerial wavedash since they shortened the whistle time so much for PM. This thread is pretty cool, I knew about platform landing but I hadn't thought to do an uncharged bounce to land fast on the ground. BTW, platform landing has different frame windows for different platforms. I don't remember all of them from when I messed around in training mode, but I do know battlefield is the easiest with a 3-frame window on all platforms, and Distant Planet was the hardest, with a 1 frame window. PS2 platforms had a 2-frame window to bounce-land. (all those assume you are jumping from the ground and don't double jump, doing it from a double jump seems harder.)

steelguttey

mei is bei
OH **** ZYGO GOT SMASHBOARDS

yea platform smashing is kinda useless but its fun when it happens on accident lol

yo dude you got skype?

Player -0

Smash Hero
Alright, will add the 3rd variant of platform smashing in a few maybs. Not sure if I'll add the whistle wavebounce, it's big but it's not really character specific. I know there are other stuff like the Pikmin Toss -> Waveland that aren't that big but I'm thinking of trying to not flood the top post with lesser stuff.

I'm not sure about the "Instant Landing" being harder for different platforms. My best guess would be how big the platform is? Have you tested it in debug (frame-by-frame) or are you going off of intuition?

steelguttey

mei is bei
wavelanding pikmin toss is really huge, so is b reversing whistle. if anything, they deserve to be on the top

steelguttey

mei is bei
we have an olimar skype group goin on and youre the best olimar right now (mostly cus nobody plays him and ss quit lol)

Player -0

Smash Hero
I'll add it after I stop being lazy or am feeling less lazy compared to when I usually feel. Changed the post a few ago with some changes. The changes are in the changelog lol.

Tobb99

Smash Apprentice
I found a small tech, sort of, that I don't know if people know about. I can call it pikmin edgecancel. Basically you can edgecancel pikmin toss, meaning that the pikmin edgecancels if you throw it on the edge. What this does is that the pikmin comes back quicker to the line up, rather than being tossed on the ground, getting up and walking back to Olimar, the pikmin just bounces up and back. It's really a minor thing actually, but it could be good with purples since you get them back faster in the line up so you can use them faster again.

Top Bottom