• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old VS Video Threads - Cleanup (New Stickied Thread for Versus Match Sharing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Not what I was expecting but still a good lol.

I hate it when people kill themselves after a stock like that though. The lead is nowhere near insurmountable in a two stock battle. Like, I've recovered from low percent SDs lots of times, let alone getting a stock bopped off/gimped.

D

Deleted member

Love how the dream team causes instant death. :laugh:
One of these days, Moon Monkey's dream team is going down.

Oh and everyone should check out 5:42-5:46 in the For Glory Donkey Kong video. Guaranteed :rotfl:.

D

Deleted member 269706

Just imagine the combos that people are gonna figure out in the upcoming months. This is how she was designed to be used, when people really figure out how to use her it's gonna be the end for us all.

beef smash

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, made a video of my mega man gameplay, please check it out and tell me what you think.

Sera Smash

Smash Rookie
I haven't seen any Mega Man with moves like that. Next level skill right there. What's your win % in for glory?

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
I agree with Sera Smash's post. Not only is this video made very well, but you're really good and your skill is next-level. Your footstool jumping is right on target and you know how to utilise it. You should enter tournaments or something.

AngryCamel

Smash Apprentice
I also would like to get others opinion on combo vids in general.
Is it not fair to say, that many combos for the vid will come from others just playing bad and making mistakes?
Is it fair for others to say you played vs bad opponents ? and because of this its a bad combo vid?

TheFclass97

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheFclass97
3DS FC
3625-8979-2481
I guess it's the best place to share... some interesting matches I had with a friend of mine. We decided to do a first to 4 set. I'll upload the other matches later, but this is an experiment. hopefully, I can make some more and even some live online matches. What do you think? I'm still practicing btw... I don't really main link, I just thought it would be a decent match up against zelda...

Warclimb

Smash Rookie
NNID
warclimb
The Diddy Kong video is awesome. I'm switching to Diddy as my main character and this was useful to learn some sexy moves.

Culix

Smash Rookie
They look cool imo, but idk if tourneys would allow custom stages.

Runaway Chico

Smash Rookie
Hey guys. Due to my poor performance from this last thread... I decided to hit the lab with Wario, to get a better understanding of the character. And ended up going to For Glory 1-1 again. Here is a montage of my matches. It's a bit meh. I just hope there is some room for improvement. If you guys want to see the full uncut matches from the video just let me know. Enjoy.

\\Killer//

Smash Journeyman
Tis the season to be jolly! But not for me, everything just went down hill man. XD
I've been busy beyond belief, so you know what I did? Ran over here, played two quick games and left like a boss. LOL

\\Killer//

Smash Journeyman
Tis the season to be jolly! But not for me, everything just went down hill man. XD
I've been busy beyond belief, so you know what I did? Ran over here, played two quick games and left like a boss. LOL

Jinn Remona

Smash Rookie
So I'm looking for some advice on how to improve my game when set in a 1-on-1 scenario. To assist with this, I've included below three videos of my first three online matches in 1-on-1. I've battled many times before in For Fun, but these have been my only three fights in For Glory. I wish to improve before going back. Thanks for any advice given.

Battle 1:

Battle 2:

Battle 3:

Thanks again.

Last edited:

Nujabes808

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nujabes808
3DS FC
0147-1266-3968
Yo! Hopefully my input will be of some use to you, as i've been using Link for quite awhile myself (SSB64-SSB3DS).
Please do not feel offended by this criticism, I only wish to help you improve and possibly improve myself If you have any suggestions yourself.
I am by no means the best, but know my way around with Link, and advanced level of play.
BEWARE URGE FOR "TL;DR" MAY RISE.

First off, from what I see on the videos there are a couple things wrong that I can spot right away.
  • Your throwing out way to many unsafe moves.
  • Your movement is a bit lacking.
  • You need to space yourself a little better.
  • Projectile game could use some work.
  • Learn to sweet spot the ledge.
  • Implement Grabs
Alright now there are a few of the problems, but its not necessarily all bad. Now how do we improve?

First I would say that your movement and defense could use some improvement, in the matches I notice your a staying idle in one place for to long, and you aren't using any projectiles for spacing so the enemy who could have a bit more experience can move in at strike.Make sure if your gonna do air attacks, that you short hop (Quickly tap the jump button). Your rolling a bit to much which can easily be punished. There are certain times when you should run and when you should roll. Roll to evade a move that is unsafe, or towards an opposite direction of the attack, maybe spot dodge to. Run when you have a safe distance and need to create more space between you and the opponent. Practice your air dodges and time them correctly to avoid air attacks or grounded attacks. Don't be afraid to use your shield against heavy attacks, it gives you more options and allows you to punish your opponent (Grab or throw a bomb out of shield). Be sure to give yourself enough space to recover to the ledge and don't end up going above it. On The Ledge be sure to mix up how you get back on stage, You can get up attack, safely roll, jump up, or hit down to fall and then quickly jump back up with an attack when they aren't expecting it.

Second is the amount of unsafe moves your throwing out, F-Smash (2 hit strike) leaves you way to vulnerable and should only be done if your opponent is about to do a slow move or does not safely dodge. F-Tilt is okay but still pretty bad if you just throw it out so close. U-Smash is great if the enemy is above you, but if not your going to get punished, D-air (Downward slash in air) Is EXTREMELY punishable, don't do it unless there is enough hit stun on your opponent. Your using way to many dash attacks, its so slow and easily punishable, only good to do when there is hit stun or well timed as an opponent whiffs. Using specials (projectiles) is greatly recommended for spacing your opponent to keep them out of range, be sure to stay moving as you pull out bombs, throw boomerangs, and shoot arrows. Please consider the following, should give you some ideas on what to use, when to use them, and how.
  • Triple A combo (jabs) - if your opponent is too close and is about to attack, throw out the jabs, they connect reliably and end with good knockback to keep them away.
  • Pivot F-tilts - basically forward tilt but they are done as you retreat (run backward and circle the analog stick forward and hold it and hit A) if its a faster way to F-Tilt and it helps if your opponent is chasing you.
  • U-tilt - basically one slash upwards, is great for hitting above and behind you, its really fast and doesn't leave you as open as U-Smash
  • U-Smash - Only when your opponent is above and connects all 3 hits reliably, its a great kill move when your opponent is above 100%
  • D-tilt - Launches opponent with a swift low sweep, should only be done if the opponent rolls in front of you, or after 2 jab hit stun
  • U- Special (B) - Fast option if opponent is rolling behind or in front of you
  • D-Smash - wider range if U-Special (B) wont reach. (Only hits one side at a time so beware of missing)
  • N-Air (Neutral Aerial, hit the a button in the air without direction) - This move comes out ridiculously fast and stays active for a long time with almost no landing lag. once the move is performed you can fast fall and hit the ground and recover faster, you can fall into your opponent and it will still hit if his leg is still up. If shielded on the ground it can be punished
  • Fast Fall F-air - great advanced move, if done correctly it'll only slash them once, and should knock them back a good distance (IT IS NOT A KILL MOVE ANYMORE)
  • U-Air - Upwards poke on falling enemies, great for finishing
  • D-Air- Only use when enemy is under substantial hit stun, great for finishing opponents in the air. It will also spike/meteor on start up hitbox.
  • B-Air- Short hop fast fall the two kicks. really great for pressure, have your back to your opponents and jump backwards and hit a, then move the stick forward to influence yourself forward out of range to avoid being punished. second hit makes you safe with good knock back and first hit should give enough hitstun to connect the second hit. If blocked and with enough spacing you should avoid being punished.
  • N-Special (B) - shoots arrow, if you jump in one direction and quickly input a direction in the air, you should should an arrow in that direction in mid-air, even charge it. do that to gain distance
  • F/B-Special (B) - throws a boomerang with really good hit stun if it connects, if it misses the opponent can be brought toward you. You can angle it if you input a special direction after start up input.
  • D-Special (B) - bombs have decent knock back for setups and can be thrown in various directions, make sure you jump and pull out bombs so you can move while pulling one out, if on the ground you will be stuck standing still. while having a bomb out you cant use Jabs,Tilts,Or Smashes, you can use Specials (B) and you can grab opponents. If you grab while in the air, you can casually drop the bomb onto an enemy, if you throw the bomb into an enemy and your close to them, you will not take damage or hit stun as long as it connects with your opponent first.
  • Grabs/Throws - only use when your opponent is shielding, is spaced a respectable distance, experiencing lag frames from an unsafe moves, whiffing.
  • D-Grab - Slams your opponent and sends the upwards and behind you, at low percent you can add a U-Tilt, U-Smash, B-Air to combo
Thats about all I can really think of at the moment. Hopefully you understand all of this, and that it helped in some way. Best of luck online, and be sure to practice.

Last edited:

Hugo Boss

Smash Cadet
How do you save a replay to your laptop? or SD/USD drive? I have digital download on the wii u memory.

DasKevin

Smash Rookie
I main Wario. I thought I'd showcase some clips from a for glory session I had yesterday. Enjoy the FARTS in FULL HD straight to your face :) Let me know what you think.

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Cleaning up the subforum by providing a new STICKIED post for video sharing. That'll be what you guys use from now on. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom