• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[OLD] The Melee Toolbox | Current Release: 4.0.1

Doq

Smash Lord
And thus, it's almost here.

Melee Toolbox 4.5 Changelog Preview
Melee Toolbox 4.5 is a major update.
---
[New] Apps now updateable from Melee Toolbox and Melee Toolbox Extended.
To update an app in Melee Toolbox: Toolbox Tools > Update Applications > Select the app to update
To update an app in Melee Toolbox Extended: mtbx update [appname], where [appname] is the mtbx qualified app name.
Updated apps run from both MTB and MTBX, no matter which way it was updated.​
[New] Melee Toolbox can be updated itself too. And yes it finally works!
To update Melee Toolbox: Toolbox Tools > Update Toolbox
To update Melee Toolbox Extended: mtbx update toolbox
Update applies to both MTB and MTBX, no matter which way you update.​
[Updated] Various app updates: DAT Texture Wizard, 20XX Music Manager gets updated to latest.
[Addition] Added Audio apps d2hgui and Melee Audio Converter, and Projekt Len (successor to Projekt Neko).
[Fixed] Homepage button on the About box now goes to the GitHub instead of the old toolbox.cf site, renamed GitHub, and moved to the left of "OK" instead of above.
[Fixed] Apps requiring a batch input now work again.

You can also see these changes on GitHub RIGHT NOW.

also can someone start a count of how many times I double post in this thread? I'd think that'd be hilarious.

Last edited:

Doq

Smash Lord
Meticulously finishing the next release, which is now confirmed to be 2 October. Additionally, 4.5 is codenamed the "Anniversary Edition".

But what about future versions? Well... I'm not actually sure.
I posted a screenshot on Twitter showing a "Universal Windows Platform" version of Melee Toolbox in the works. I... haven't actually touched it much after that screenshot.

I am also considering writing actual code for the Toolbox to do things on its own, instead of solely relying on other tools, with the idea of finally fulfilling my goal of being the one tool you'll ever need. Of course, that's way too far off for it to be the "one tool you'll ever need", but if it ever comes together like that, then I have succeeded. But that's for a future version, the Anniversary Edition is the priority.

Anyway. 2 October. Anniversary Edition. There isn't really anything to prepare for, though. Soz.

Daymaster

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMan9878
Probably a stupid (and definitely pointless) question, but is there a reason that in the hex for the program (starting at around 1BB17E0) it keeps repeating Century Gothic?
Untitled.png

Last edited:

RoyalFoil

Smash Rookie
Hey Doc, do I need Java for this? I my laptop at home will act crazy when I use Java but it can only work at school.

Doq

Smash Lord
Probably a stupid (and definitely pointless) question, but is there a reason that in the hex for the program (starting at around 1BB17E0) it keeps repeating Century Gothic?
View attachment 119771
I don't know. Look at the source code.... although I don't see any references to "Century Gothic" there.
Hey Doc, do I need Java for this? I my laptop at home will act crazy when I use Java but it can only work at school.
Java is only required by a few select applications.

---

I'm on the Melee Workshop discord server most of the time, so if anybody wants to correspond with me about Toolbox things (or anything else for that matter), here you go. https://discord.gg/BbEpUrw

I only put that here because I no longer check the Workshop threads often enough anymore.

Last edited:

mattergamer47

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0173-1300-9761
Melee Toolbox development has moved to the Melee Toolbox GitHubs
https://github.com/doqtorkirby/akiha and
https://github.com/doqtorkirby/shiki

The Melee Workshop

PROUDLY PRESENTS

The Melee Toolbox 4.0
BATTLE-NAME:
EIGHT BIT WONDER OF TOOLS​

Credits:
> Fancy. These credits can also be seen by selecting [ A ] About in the Main Menu
Dolphin Development Team - Dolphin, Dolphin DebugFast
bsv798 - GCRebuilder
mh-nexus - HxD
@Chain-ace - SSBM Version Patcher
@GodFed - hps_insert, mth_make
hcs - VGMStream. SSMex
@SheiktheOgre, @Goatlink - HPSAuto
@GenesisFan64 - MeleeHPS, MeleeSSM
@CeLL - Effect/Laser Changers, Texture Finder
@DRGN - Melee Code Manager, DAT Texture Wizard, PNG to-from TPL
@Ampers, @darkside426, @Tater - Crazy Hand
Gecko.NET Team - ASM <> WiiRD
@Milun - VertConvert
@Tcll - Universal Model Converter (NOT included in main package due to large size, will be a separate download)
@Dan Salvato - Melee Toolkit
@libertyernie - KirbyTool
Thakis - thpplay

All those mentioned with @ are Smashboards members, you can click the link for a user profile

Special thanks to those that didn't make programs but have contributed heavily to the Melee modding scene, including, but not limited to:
@achilles1515, @Steelia, @Veggies, @zankyou, @MagicScrumpy, @Lanceinthepants, @_glook, @flieskiller, @sdremix_troubleshooter, @Itaru, and the rest of the working Workshop

Don't report program bugs in this thread. Report them to their program threads.
If it's a bug in the script, that's when you should report bugs.

Download (always up to date): https://github.com/DoqtorKirby/akiha/releases
Amazing

Top Bottom