• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old M&G - Now you may make your own intro thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jsoc

Smash Rookie
Hello, my name is Jsoc. I was first introduced to competitive smash when I watched Evo 2013 and I have been following the scene since then. I mainly play melee and that is where most of my focus lies right now. I introduced my friend to smash and we have been practicing and training together for a month or two now. We are both trying hard to get better and are planning to hopefully attend some events in Georgia where we live.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
The name is Cosby Bebop (tag: CosB) and I'm quite new to the tournament side of smash. I've played smash since I was a wee one, when Smash 64 came out and my friends and I binged it. I met a friend about 3 years ago who told me there was this great depth to the game and that I should try it, but at the time I was working hard to get good at SC2 (I was plat at the time). I would still watch EVO and other smash events with him, but never gave it much thought.
Now, after watching the smash brothers documentary, I've been bit by the smash bug. I main Marth, I can wavedash, and I find myself practicing advanced techniques in my spare time (last semester of senior year of Nursing school is a bit rough :p)
Love the community, love the salt, and I'm starting to like what I'm reading in the forums!

Anyways, hi!
Welcome Cosby to SWF!

Glad to read you're motivated. Glad you joined us. I hope you have a good time here.

Yo.

My name is ProjectAngel, and I've been a Smasher since 1999, starting from the original Super Smash Bros. in 1999, though I have yet to compete in any Smash tourney whatsoever.

I was actually once a member of SmashBoards around the time Brawl was announced, but I had left for unknown reasons. After several years of playing Smash up to 2012, I gave up on it until last year, when I fought against some guys at Anime Weekend Atlanta. They had Brawl and Project M stations setup in their game room, and this whole feeling of playing smash started to come back. It wasn't until Smash 4's announcement at E3 2013 that I began to have a full interest in Smash again.

I am looking to learn more about my longtime mains, Marth and Jigglypuff, so I can start to get that competitive blood flowing in me at last. I intend to play more Smash before, during, and well after Smash 4's release.

I'm a quiet sort, so don't expect much to come out from me.

I'm into other fighters (Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Injustice, Soul Calibur, Tekken, Skullgirls) as well.

Anywhoozles, hi.
Welcome back Angel to SWF!

Glad to read you're into other fighters. INJ, Tekken, and SG are games I play as well.

Hello, my name is Jsoc. I was first introduced to competitive smash when I watched Evo 2013 and I have been following the scene since then. I mainly play melee and that is where most of my focus lies right now. I introduced my friend to smash and we have been practicing and training together for a month or two now. We are both trying hard to get better and are planning to hopefully attend some events in Georgia where we live.
Welcome Jsoc to SWF!

Velvet Phoenix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonic204
Uh... hey there, I remember lurking here in 2007 and 2008 when Brawl was coming out, but I forgot this place existed until I found my way here again during the Palutena leak. I decided it was finally time to join and see what this place was like. I'm a pretty huge Smash fan although I'm not competitive at all.

JeanLucAwesome

Smash Rookie
NNID
JeanLuc Awesome
3DS FC
5026-5644-5277
Uh... hey there, I remember lurking here in 2007 and 2008 when Brawl was coming out, but I forgot this place existed until I found my way here again during the Palutena leak. I decided it was finally time to join and see what this place was like. I'm a pretty huge Smash fan although I'm not competitive at all.
Hi there, Nookfa.. I mean Velvet Phoenix. Welcome aboard.

Oh wait I'm new here too. :cyclops:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Hello. I am Luigi#1, and like Nintendo,[Obviously] Doctor Who, Sushi, etc. I was on another board, but I left. It was good, but, I felt bored of it. Kuribo64.

So hello.

vanwilder

Smash Rookie
Whatsup, I'm vanwilder. Meant for it to be vanwylder. Got into competitive melee after watching the documentary a few months ago. I'm pretty much garbage right now, but I'm working on getting a hold of fox and his speed, and myself because I'm ultra aggressive and get punished for it. Anyways this community seems awesome, can't wait to start going to tournaments and meeting people.

Werbenjagermanjensen

Smash Rookie
Well, this name isn't my name. I like to go by Navi on other boards, but I wanted something different. I've been playing Smash since 64, but I only really started playing in a competitive manner in, like, 2011 really. I've been watching comp Smash since about 2005, tho. If anyone wants to play P:M online, message me, and I'll get my FC and all that jazz set up soon.

/lurkmoar

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
I'm Binding Blade, named after the ultimate weapon in Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade. I have played and own both Melee and Brawl, and enjoy them greatly (prefer Melee over Brawl). Some of my mains in Melee are Roy, Dr. Mario, Mr. Game & Watch, and Mewtwo. I primarily use Lucario in Brawl, but I use Ike, Toon Link, Marth, and C. Falcon quite a bit too. Nothing else really to say, I think, so good day.

McNasty

Smash Rookie
I'm Binding Blade, named after the ultimate weapon in Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade. I have played and own both Melee and Brawl, and enjoy them greatly (prefer Melee over Brawl). Some of my mains in Melee are Roy, Dr. Mario, Mr. Game & Watch, and Mewtwo. I primarily use Lucario in Brawl, but I use Ike, Toon Link, Marth, and C. Falcon quite a bit too. Nothing else really to say, I think, so good day.
Isn't 4 Melee mains a little too many? I'm not hating, just usually someone would consider 1-2 characters their main(s), listing more seems more like a personal top tier roster.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Isn't 4 Melee mains a little too many? I'm not hating, just usually someone would consider 1-2 characters their main(s), listing more seems more like a personal top tier roster.
I do suppose you are right, I don't really use Dr. Mario or Mr. Game & Watch much anymore. They are probably more suited to "past mains" category as I have used them repeatedly. Lately, though, Mewtwo has been used a lot and Roy has always been a more prominent choice.

karu_no_saru

Smash Rookie
Hey people, I'm a long time melee player from Germany but I have never had the required ambitions to be a successful smasher, however looking at the recent events within the smash community I figured it was time for me to step it up a notch both training-wise and community-wise, which is why I'm finally here to introduce myself to the SWF, after being a member of the germansmash- forums, for about 5 or 6 years.
For those who are interested: I have always mained and will always main Kirby, but conditions I don't feel like I need to talk about forced me to learn other characters as well.

I hope that, after all these years, there's still topics to discuss and change to come :)

bdubz

Smash Rookie
NNID
itsbdubs
Hello, I'm Brian aka bdubs. New to the scene/community, I used to be a melee hater not too long ago until I found out how technical and hype this game can really be. Currently I only watch streams/match videos of tournaments and practice by myself vs the computer/training mode as all my friends IRL aren't interested in melee as I am. I live in north jersey and I've heard the scene in NJ is great, hopefully I can find other people to play with or events to go out to!

Spröcket22

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm Spröcket. I've been playing Smash since Melee came out but I only started playing for real a year or two ago. I mostly play PM but I have a lot of experience with melee as well. My skills are no where near competitive level but I'm working on changing that! My current main is Dr. Mario in both PM and Melee and it'll probably stay that way for a long time. I'm also the President of my schools humble Smash Bros. Club. Most of us are amateurs but there are a few rising stars among us. The club has been a great outlet for those of us eager to fine tune our skills.

I Hope to use this sight as a means of communicating with and learning from my fellow Smashers. Thanks for reading!

Nearreaver

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nearreaver
3DS FC
1693-1796-3134
Hello everyone! I'm fairly new to smash. Just created this account a few days ago and has started lurking on this site ever since. I am learning a lot! Been watching some streams from APEX 2014 and I have never gotten this hyped EVER in my life before! I'm currently waiting hyping for ssb4. I'm currently practicing fox these past few days and btw this community is really awesome! ^_^

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
Hey-oh, I mostly lurk but have posted a few times here and there. Long time smash dork here, and since moving out from my place with my two fellow smash dork roomates, I havent had a proper outlet for discussing this, and with the new game coming out, I need it more than ever!

Pittoo

Smash Rookie
Hello, ladies n' gents of Smashboards! I've been to this site quite a few times over the years as a mere lurker. I checked around here a lot during the days leading up to Brawl's release and recently found my way back here when the Palutena shenanigans started happening. After taking a look around the forum I decided I'd become a part of the community. I've been a huge fan of Super Smash Bros. since the original on the N64 and have loved every minute I've played of all of the games so far. I'm not a particularly competitive player, but I do hope one day that I'll reach the point where I can hold my own in a tournament of some kind. Crossing my fingers that Pit is decent in Smash 4 so I can main him.

Anyway, I look forward to becoming more involved in the community. :)

McNasty

Smash Rookie
I do suppose you are right, I don't really use Dr. Mario or Mr. Game & Watch much anymore. They are probably more suited to "past mains" category as I have used them repeatedly. Lately, though, Mewtwo has been used a lot and Roy has always been a more prominent choice.
I used to love playing as Mewtwo and Roy but I kinda strayed away towards Dr. Mario and just never really strayed back.

Explodo

Smash Rookie
Hi, I've had this account since '09 and have recently unearthed it. Is there any way I can change the account name?

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Hello all. Glad to be here after many years of lurking. Let me give you a bit of background on my relationship with Smash (it's love and hate):

First of all, my gamertag (exclusively used for Smash) "Bro AJ" was my idea of being clever when I was a teenager. Bro which is short for brother, as in I'm a "Smashbrother" (a little joke to myself that I was joining a cult of sorts, and they gave you this title before your actual name), and then AJ which was my nickname growing up.

I was always a big fan of Nintendo (the SNES was my first game system of any kind), so obviously I gravitated to Smash 64 when it came out in 1999 (I was 8 at the time). I loved the hectic battles, innovative mechanics, and familiar characters, but it wasn't something that I took TOO seriously until much later. When Melee came out I was blown away with the amount of content that was added, and I quickly had the desire to be the best there was. I dominated my friends, and thought of myself as competitive, but it wasn't until Brawl was on the horizon that I realized I wasn't even close to being considered "good".

If my memory serves me right, it was after I joined a lesser known smash community to get information on Brawl, Brawl Central, that I started discovering just how much depth Smashbros actually had in terms of advanced game-play. I sought to better myself, adopting advanced techniques such as short-hopping, fast falling, directional influence, etc. (I could never wavedash effectively), but I never really entered the tournament scene. This was partly due to fact that I suffer from depression (although I was not aware of this at the time), and lacked motivation to truly train myself to where I could hold my own against advanced players. Today I feel I'm improving when it comes to the illness, some days are better than others, and after watching the Smashbros documentary I feel more motivated to master this game than ever (although I don't want to forget to have fun).

I love Brawl and still play it to this day, but I have to say it was a disappointment due to mechanics like tripping which prevented it from being truly competitive IMHO. I am immensely looking forward to Smash 4 where I hope there will be more balance added to the game (plus HD and no tripping!). While I can't say I really care to join the Melee competitive scene at this time (I could always change my mind), I do want Smash 4 to be the game that I really start trying to grow as a player.

Just FYI: I am also a member of AllisBrawl (Bro AJ there as well).

Looking forward to exploring this community. See you. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

The Fallen One

Smash Rookie
Heya, I'm The Fallen One but pretty much choose this name to sound "cool" and I had nothing else I could think of :I xD I've been playing Super Smash Bros since the 64 and was never very good at it (like all the fighting games I've played) so I never played them competitively before. Still I enjoy the games and am kinda bummed to know there won't be a story mode- but I'm probably the minority here xD As for favorite games I'm a fan of the Legend of Zelda series as well as Pokemon, Kingdom Hearts, Persona, and the Harvest Moon/Rune Factory games. For anime I enjoy Hataraku Maou-Sama (it's a comedy despite my pic being the main character of said show) despite that it's first season has ended. For manga I read Nanatsu no Taizai, The Gamer, and God of Highschool. Yeah. Not much to say other than that! ^^; Nice to meet you all!

McNasty

Smash Rookie
You wanna know what really diddles my bean, kinda like SSBM? Super Mario Strikers. Anyone who denies this will be cursed by the gypsies for all eternity.

Bambexus

Smash Rookie
Hi ,I mainly play brawl and I main lucas, I'm from Denver Colorado looking for some people to play against near me!

Last edited:

LuMiSaDi

Smash Rookie
Hello.

LuMiSaDI is the name, and posting here to ask if theres any good Smash players here in Ocala, FL.

Really interested to find any players here willing to maybe meet up and play some to increase skill and help me increase the community around this area.

If you live near by and would like someone new to play please message me ASAP.

Hoping to hear from new people soon.

LuMiSaDi

Smash Rookie
Hello.

LuMiSaDI is the name, and posting here to ask if theres any good Smash players here in Ocala, FL.

Really interested to find any players here willing to maybe meet up and play some to increase skill and help me increase the community around this area.

If you live near by and would like someone new to play please message me ASAP.

Hoping to hear from new people soon.
Currently only have Melee available but if you have a wii with project m or brawl ill be down

PeptoThePinkSquirtle

Smash Rookie
I live in San Francisco and play a pink squirtle in Project M that is the same color as pepto bismol. I also like to play melee. and 64. anything really. I'm down.

D4FTPUNK

Smash Rookie
Hi, I'm an old school Smash player, just got interested in competitive play. Are there any groups in WA inside the I-5 corridor that meet regularly? If nothing else, I'll be playing at SakuraCon.

Justin Bailey

Smash Cadet
Hi, I'm an old school Smash player, just got interested in competitive play. Are there any groups in WA inside the I-5 corridor that meet regularly? If nothing else, I'll be playing at SakuraCon.
Welcome D4FTPUNK!

I just had to welcome you because of your name alone. =p

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
So... yeah... hello. Not sure really what to say, but I am obviously a big Smash Bros. fan, and I only first discovered this Site/Forum a few Days ago, so I thought it'd be neat to comment on anything Smash. So I joined. Can't figure out how to get a good avatar since I have no good Pictures of my own to use and the usual way to pick avatar doesn't seem to be the same here as other places, but still.

Beware my name, btw (MasterofMonster). On other sites, I've earned the nickname... MoM.

SupermanNKO

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4570-8405-1628
Hey everyone

Names supermannko

A lot of people call me nko

I was a competitive yugioh and mtg player mainly yugioh and have topped a few premier events

Looking to hang up the tcg games and try video games, smash has always been a favorite of mine and I'm looking to become very competitive in it I sold all cards and bought a 3ds and wiiU to get ready for smash.

So look forward to learning a lot from here!

Desu_Maiden

Smash Cadet
Hello this is DesuMaiden. You can probably find me on other sites. I'm a big fan of anime and Super Smash. I also like Nintendo and Sony products, which is why I have a bunch of Nintendo and Sony consoles and portables. You can find me various other sites with this handle, too! Please welcome me!

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
adlp here, already posting in the utah thread since a couple days ago

btw is there a place to ****post around here because im ****ing hilarious

just wondering

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
Hello the name's OctiVick and I've been playing smash since the N64 days.
I thought it would be nice to join up with people in the community so here I am ^^;
. . .
Anyway It's nice to be here and I hope to meet some cool people :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom