• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old M&G - Now you may make your own intro thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alu

Smash Rookie
Hi there, my name's Alu aaand dunno what to write here, LOL.
Actually I'm registered here a long time ago, but I haven't been very active.^^
Well i prefer Melee and I don't really like Brawl. :S
One thing I should add is that I also still enjoy playing SSB64 :D

Caillou

Smash Rookie
Hey guys,

I'm new to this site (actually the newest member I think) and i think I am doing quite well in SSBB, so I would like to try playing in tournaments to test my skills. Since I don't know what are existing tournaments, rules and other things to know, I would like a mentor to teach me all this basics. My favorite character is MK.

N.B : If it is not the right place to ask my questions, please tell me where to.
N.B.2 : Sorry for my ****ty grammar, I am french canadian :S

Thanks

arch knight

Smash Lord

Caillou

Smash Rookie
First, thank you for answering so fast :)

I'd rather prefer to play tournaments here in Montréal (I have heard about the Otakuthon but it's too late now) than playing online tournaments.

My best character is obviously MetaKnight, my level of play with him is way higher than with others. Still, I control most of them with ease (except Game and Watch) and I am good (well I think I am) with Falco, Wolf, Toonlink and Pit.

to Peter Potamus : If you are talking to me, I didn't receive anything :(

Thanks

VaxtinTheWolf

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1977-0415-5766
I assume this is where I am supposed to introduce myself. i came here because This site is usually the one mentioned for if you wanted information on something. Eventually I just said to myself I may as well join this site.

I am Vaxtin. A decent brawler. I hope to get better in the overall metagame. I actually can only use Lucario at a "competitive" though, so my overall skills are pretty limited imo.

I've heard some of you can be real *******s; but I won't believe that until I experianced that for myself, so otherwise, Hello to everyone here on Smashboards.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Oh you finally joined. Welcome to smashboards, Vax! I think you probably know who I am lol.

You can go here for brawls. It's usually quiet around this time though http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=275524

Here's the link to the Lucario Boards http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=172 You can find them under the Super Smash Bros Brawl > Character Discussion section. You can find all the relevant info, match up advice, some AT's and you can even post vids for critique.

Smashboards isn't all that bad unless you deliberately try and be annoying towards people (or rule break etc).

Seeeeee ya around

VaxtinTheWolf

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1977-0415-5766
Oh you finally joined. Welcome to smashboards, Vax! I think you probably know who I am lol.

You can go here for brawls. It's usually quiet around this time though http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=275524

Here's the link to the Lucario Boards http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=172 You can find them under the Super Smash Bros Brawl > Character Discussion section. You can find all the relevant info, match up advice, some AT's and you can even post vids for critique.

Smashboards isn't all that bad unless you deliberately try and be annoying towards people (or rule break etc).

Seeeeee ya around
^-^ Hey there bud. This site's layout is a bit odd, but I have already browsed around for character info before. My problem is I'm slow with reaction and I don't have that good of timing. If I eventually fixed that, I'd be pretty good with Lucario. Thanks for welcoming me though.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
You'll get bad members anywhere you go, follow kupos advice and you should be fine. Remember to use the search function!

Pedro Bienloin

Smash Rookie
hi there, im new in the forum and im a french canadian. Like to play super smash brother brawl and drawing! So thats all I can say!

Blissard

Smash Lord
Hey guys, ive seen this site for quite awhile, though ive never really thought of joining till now...well i guess everyone has to start somewhere :] ive been a smash bros nerd since the beginning, and study it more than play it, and i get a bit frustrated when people obsess over tier list/matchups, or claim to be good players because they can beat some level 9 cpu's with ike.

i think its pretty hard to judge how good you are without playing against other reknowned good players that know the advanced metagame well. unless of course, you dont use the shield button and just use smash attacks everywhere -_-; but anyway, can anyone send me videos of high metagame brawls, or brawls between really good players (and itd be particularly helpful if its not MK vs Snake/DDK, as those are the only tournament brawls that i see)? help to this smashboard n00b would be much appreciated :)

Lahtios

Smash Rookie
Hello fellow Smashers! I'm Lahtios, which is my last name with a bit of a twist. I only play Melee, and I use Falco. I have no controllers because I break them. I joined this site to hopefully find some people near me who play Melee as well (hopefully they are better than me and now AT's) because I want to get good at this game. I want to learn everything that I can.

I've been searching the Regional forums and I can't seem to find any people within a 30 minute drive from Sudbury, Ontario, so if anyone knows someone that lives near there, hit me up.

I'm too scared to enter any tournaments because I know I will get 4-stocked by every single player, which is why I want to find random people in my area and get better by playing them first.

Supermik884

Smash Rookie
Well hi! I'm Supermik884, but just call me Mik. So I'm new here and I join so I can find new technic and improved my gameplay with my favorite character Luigi. I'm ready for any challenge from weak player to strong player, even if they are far better than me. I think I have average skill, and of course I want to train to become better. If I'm seriously beated during a match I will train even more and I will ask for a rematch when I will be better.

CrossfadingRage

Smash Apprentice
New Guy

Hey everyone. CrossfadingRage here but you can just call me Cross or Rage. Either works. I've been playing Smash mainly with friends who aren't the greatest so I've been wondering if there's anyone out there who lives near N. Wisconsin. Newer games I've gotten are Starcraft 2 (Major Blizzard fan here :p) and Army of 2 : the 40th Day. I play a decent (maybe) Samus but I can also play Fox and somewhat C. Falcon. Samus is my best character so far. I can SWD on a good day and I'm not consistent as a player lol. I have on and off days. Hope to hear from ya all!

Lewcario

Smash Rookie
Sup, I'm Lew. :)

Drifted through all the games, just got a Wii so I'm currently enjoying Brawl.
I don't my skill, but fave chars are Falco, Fox, Link and Lucario.

I'm here to learn to get better mostly, I guess. :)

Luigirocks96

Smash Rookie
Hello, I am Luigirocks96, I played Melee first when I was 7 and love the trilogy with all my heart. I found out about this forum from Super Smash Bros Wiki and was eager to join! I hope to see you all in the forums!

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
sup guys!

enjoy your stay here at swf :)

man jungle this isnt a hotel

anyway have fun

moromatic

Smash Rookie
uhm, hi

im elias, i started playing when supersmahbros came out then melee.then is stopped and picked up brawl for a bit
im kinda new here and i really want to get invovled but i dont understand the site that well.could someone explain it a bit?

Ayatsuri_Rinku

Smash Cadet
Hey there :D I'm A_R. I've been playing Melee since I was pretty young and it's my favourite game of all time. I hadn't played it in years but then one day my sister asked me if I wanted to play, and well, I got back into it :) I started playing pro, I think in 2008. I don't go to tournaments or anything though. ummm, so hi :D

Lionheart

Smash Rookie
Hey all, I'm Lionheart. I'm a casual smasher from Missouri. Been playing Smash since Melee came out but just recently started trying to learn some more advanced techniques and strategies. I happened upon the Smash Boards while checking out the SmashWiki site and clicking a link to a character guide that was located here.

As far as mains go, it's Ganon all the way. Sure, there are pros who choose mains based on the tier list, but there's something to say for the guys who don't. Aside from Ganon, I mess with other characters on and off...in Melee Dr. Mario is one of my favorites. In Brawl I occasionally play as Mario or Fox if there's a particular match-up I'm weak with as Ganon.

Anyway, that's me for you. See y'all on the boards.

-LH

Jok3rst@r

Smash Rookie
Hi well my name is Omar but in this smahs forum my nick will be Jok3rs@r. Im from guatemala so my english is not very good but i think that will be no problem. I play smahs since the N64 then the melee in gamecube and i was very good in melee i learn the wavedash, moonwalk and all melee advanced techniques. Then brawl well i have wii since like 2 months ago and i have the brawl game. Well when i played for the first time Ohhh surprise no moonwalk no L cancel a cpu level 9 beat me oh my god i sucks in brawl. Well i keep practicing and now im getting a better smasher the cpu level 9 dont beat me anymore but im still not very good in brawl recently i go to a tournament and pass the first round but in second round i lost. So is time to learn the brawl metagame and become a better smasher. I main link, toon link and ness my secundaries are wolf and lucas, yeah no top tier characters but i dont care i like these characters and i use then. So everyone. Lets brawl.

Iota

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2852-7054-7732
welcome to the fourms JOKrst@r if you want to battle people so you can get expreience in the meta-game go to the smash boards arena and for learning tactics AT's and other thing's go to the charecter specific forums and then click on the charecter you want to learn about from there it should be eay to find the info you need

Tinnitus

Smash Apprentice
Hello, My name is Tinnitus. I have played and beat all 3 smash games 100%. But my favorite game of all is the Zelda series.
I would join some tournaments, but my Wii is currently broken and will not read any discs.

I have thoroughly read the rules and checked them twice, so I will do my best to follow them. I hope to enjoy this place as I have enjoyed lurking here the past few days.

TDK18

Smash Rookie
Hey there

TDK18 here, not exactly new new, but I havent played smash in a long time and I've decided to start playing it again and meet new people as well.

n!njaAttack!

Smash Rookie
Hello! I'm Ma'at! I'm starting to go by now n!nja in Brawl. I played the first SSB on PJ64... Never had a chance to really play Melee since I never owned a GC and Now I have a wii so I play brawl.
I'm starting to get into competitive brawling with some hopes of winning some tournaments. I main lucario and I despise MK..., and I have been lurking around for Luca tips until I've decided to join today. Thanks for having me!

DJ Fear

Smash Rookie
Hello, I'm Takeshi, or just call me Tom. I found out this site a little while ago and finally decided to join. I've been playing melee for a while now with some friends and I use the characters; Yoshi and Y. Link. My username comes from the fact that I mix music alot at home, hence DJ, and my friends say I scare them alot in real life and in games, or mindgames I think. I don't go to tournies since I'm busy with school, but my friend just recently got a capture card so I can show recordings of me playing. Well, I hope all of you will enjoy my stay here.

Tanspriter

Smash Cadet
Oh there's a meet a greet thread...
Well, my name's Anthony. If I could change my username I would change it to TanTheTiger, Tanspriter was an accident. Anyways, just call me Tan. This was the name I gave to the sprite in my avatar. Uhh, I found this site a long time ago but mostly just used it to learn how to get textures and custom music into brawl. After that I started lurking for tips and reading threads about competitive brawl. Now I'm hoping to find some brawl tournaments, preferably in montreal but we'll see how that goes. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom