• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Shade_

Smash Ace
I work tuesday and friday from like 11:30am-4:00pm most of the time, sometimes i work more. But if you wana come when its not busy at all, probably stop by at like 3 or 3 15.

Also Babac/Paymon where did you guys get your DS download game things? If so could you order one for me and I could pay you back later. Next time we meet.

The tournament was fun, I lost again pretty early on but I'd never faced a good snake before, now I know to just be falco but by the time i realized it it was too late.

Me and Po did our best in Teams, despite getting knocked out by the same people twice, at least we held our ground to an extent.

And monshu........do you have one of those DS download things? Or are you actually importing it?
And it has WIFI?!?!???!?!?!?!?!??!??!?!?!!!?!?!!?!!?!?!?!??!?? Does that mean you can move around on a map with your friends and your units?!?!? If so that will be awesome!!!

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Seven days son! Prepare for me, and Babac, you off when I get back. I expect you to be there and ****.

Same with everyone else. Or something <_<

Auddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Auddy07
Hey guys, is there a word for this scenario?

Say I have 50% and I just killed my opponent. My opponent comes back and I kill him again, and I still have 50%, AKA I didn't get touched.

I didn't know if there was a word for that or not.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
VSA Super Smash Bros: Brawl Tournament Results

Singles:
1. Max Power (Falco)
2. Fogo (King Dedede, Meta Knight)
3. Bwett (Yoshi, Falco)
4. The Destroyer (Ike, Ganondorf)
5. Zinth (Meta Knight, Marth)
5. PhLo (Game & Watch, Falco)
7. Zero (Marth, Ike)
7. Shade (Wolf, Falco)
9. Walrus (Fox)
9. Saije (Bowser, Falco)
9. J0S3 (Meta Knight)
9. Game Time (King Dedede, Meta Knight, Pikachu)
13. GT (Snake, Sonic)
13. Glass Onion (Fox)
13. Cr1f3n (Ike)
13. Fire Emblem Kid (Marth, Fox, Falco)
17. Jim Styles (Sheik, Snake)
17. He-Man (Kirby, Sheik)
17. Gravity (ROB)
17. Lilly (Jigglypuff)
17. DRock (Sheik)
17. Solar J (Fox)
17. Deko
17. Po Pimpus (Luigi, Mario)
25. Raep
25. Brown Guy (Fox)
25. Zorgon
25. Oompa Loompa
25.A-Hoi (Kirby)

Doubles:
1. Cr3w KillaZ - Le THieN (Zelda) & Max Power (Ganondorf, Toon Link)
2. Bwogo - Bwett (Yoshi, Falco) & Fogo (King Dedede & Meta Knight)
3. Black & Yellow - Po Pimpus (Luigi) & Shade (Falco, Wolf)
4. Team G0d T13r - Zinth (Meta Knight) & GT (Snake)
5. Da Winnerz - Saije (Bowser, Falco) & Solar J (Falco)
5. Los MascaBrothers - Walrus (Fox) & J0S3 (Meta Knight)
7. Golden State Warriors - Zorgon & Cr1ff3n
7. Off in the Corner - Brown Guy (Fox) & Deko

All facts considered, it was a modestly successful tournament. Everyone was really friendly and cooperative, and everything went down as smoothly as it could have. I'm hoping to set up another tournament within the next few weeks in Crossroads Lounge in the Union - a more spacious and comfortable environment where I don't have to worry about lugging around three TVs in my car. Also, with better promotion and a bigger budget, I'm hoping for bigger payouts for the Top 3 players so that the trip is more worth it for all out-of-towners involved. And if I can shoot for a 50-man tournament next time around, you can fully expect me to not hold back and enter, as well. =)

We had some strong Dallas representation from two of the great city's premiere players, Bwett and Fogo. They're quite literally two of the coolest cats I've ever encountered on the tournament scene, and I really hope we'll see a lot more of them and the rest of the Dallas G-Krew in the future. Bwett, I challenge you to a arm-wrestling money match!

An aside: Shade, I apologize if this comes off as me putting you on blast, but there just really isn't a nice or tactful enough of a way to bring this up. Do you have any intention of getting any better at Brawl (much less win a tournament), or do you really just get off on laser-camping? - Because that was quite literally the most ****ing absurd thing I've ever seen in my life.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
I agree, but it was still fun to watch...
Fogo started that powershielding beat.
To everyone there, YOU'RE TOO SLOW!

Shade_

Smash Ace
Auddy, you just got owned, or *****, is what I hear most of us say.

And hanson, yeah I'd like to win a tourny someday, but I'm not counting on it anytime soon. Shooting is fun for me and so I do. Lasers are no worse than chain grabbing though I think your one of the only ones that will was surprised.

Everyone that played competitively in melee is already aware of how I fight. Don't worry, when we go compete out of state in crew battles youll love me, and you'll get used to it anyway. lol.

Monshou_no_Nazo

Smash Journeyman
And monshu........do you have one of those DS download things? Or are you actually importing it?
And it has WIFI?!?!???!?!?!?!?!??!??!?!?!!!?!?!!?!!?!?!?!??!? ? Does that mean you can move around on a map with your friends and your units?!?!? If so that will be awesome!!!
I clearly intend to import it.

And also: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/fe/wifi_battle/battle.html (Videos have no sound).

spades

Smash Cadet
An aside: Shade, I apologize if this comes off as me putting you on blast, but there just really isn't a nice or tactful enough of a way to bring this up. Do you have any intention of getting any better at Brawl (much less win a tournament), or do you really just get off on laser-camping? - Because that was quite literally the most ****ing absurd thing I've ever seen in my life.
Play to win, right?

Although, probably the most unfun match I've ever played, but snake was enough to get through the wall of lame. bgftl.
But no hard feelings from me.

Shade_

Smash Ace
No, I don't play to win, when I play to win I just end up loosing as I obviously do in tournaments. I play for fun, and have a good time with new and old friends, it just so happens to be shooting lasers is fun for me.

The only times I really play seriously is in team battles, as I try my utmost hardest for my team mates sake, in this case it was po. I know po loves the game and tries really hard but has never one a single tournament so I tried my best so he could have a chance to experience being #1 for a bit. But looks like it wasn't enough and that I've still got a long ways to go.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
lol Kuni and his spamming.

Why not take up a different sort of spamming? Why not play trip D and just waddledee spam instead of laser spam lol

Scud

Smash Apprentice
I like fight kuni....lol. especially fox dittos on FD where we just shoot each other with lasers till we are at 150% or so and then see who can get the first bair or usmash or whatever lol. I heart you kuni, in the most heterosexual way possible.

Hanson, great tourney. Those OKC brawl players need to post here and join in on more events, the more the merrier.

Yawara is coming back, tight. :)

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Oh come on, you were fine. If I had to go against you, I would have ended up 5th. And IHOP is terrible, mediocre food and long waits.
But I didn't want to glide so much! :tear: I do wish that I could have at least made The Destroyer's fourth place spot, though; he just had a better bracket than I did, because I'm really pretty sure that I could have taken him. Also, I actually rather liked IHOP; the strawberry-banana pancakes I had were quite excellent, though indeed a bit pricy.

to bryan, one is many, two is several, and three is lots.
Basically, lol.

Anyway, my parents bought me (I hate to say that, it makes me sound like a rich kid) an LCD screen for graduation (I'm going to be picking it up tomorrow since it wasn't in stock tonight), so I'll have a better TV to carry around to tournaments now.

I'll also probably be getting my laptop in the next week or so. I'm looking at a dual 2.4GHz MacBook Pro. Funny thing, it turns out the $100 rebate for the printer was extended until October 20, so I'll still be getting that, too.

xFr3nLixPhYr3x

Smash Rookie
But I didn't want to glide so much! :tear: I do wish that I could have at least made The Destroyer's fourth place spot, though; he just had a better bracket than I did, because I'm really pretty sure that I could have taken him.

I'll also probably be getting my laptop in the next week or so. I'm looking at a dual 2.4GHz MacBook Pro. Funny thing, it turns out the $100 rebate for the printer was extended until October 20, so I'll still be getting that, too.
I'm sure I was in a better bracket cause you could easily take me on, id take down a texas guy, texas guy takes you down, you take me down again, and youd be in the finals. Why MBP?! I would strongly suggest something else since you can match the specs of the MBP if not better and get it cheaper.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
I refuse to buy a non-Apple laptop. Also, I compared the MacBook Pro to the top-end MacBook today, and I decided that a MacBook Pro would be better. Plus, I have a $1,500 laptop allowance scholarship which will pay for most of it.

Gravity

Smash Ace
well, brawl is gay. im torn between trying to get better so i might not feel that way, or just **** it and play melee.

either way, me and my friend at work are gonna start lifting, and were thinking of some sort of arm wrestling tournament. ive been inspired, and after a few months well be freaking ripped.

-edit- ill probably just keep playing anyway, i feel like ROB has greatly untapped potential.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
I refuse to buy a non-Apple laptop. Also, I compared the MacBook Pro to the top-end MacBook today, and I decided that a MacBook Pro would be better. Plus, I have a $1,500 laptop allowance scholarship which will pay for most of it.
Why? You can do the exact same thing with a laptop from Dell with Vista on it, yo. Even if Vista is effectively the anti-christ. It'll cost you like $400 less too.

Auddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Auddy07
Auddy, you just got owned, or *****, is what I hear most of us say.
???

You must have read it wrong. I **** the other dude and I have 50% when HE dies. When he comes back, I kill him again, and I STILL have 50%. Do we just call that **** or is there a term for it.

For example, Gimp means to kill someone with low percent, AKA Marth kills.

xFr3nLixPhYr3x

Smash Rookie
I would understand if you were goin to edit music videos or something. Else, you are just buying the logo. I would go for the MBP too, if it weren't so **** overpriced, and had the made for morons OS.

Shade_

Smash Ace
I hate apples cus they have no right click button on the mouse, and i don't know how to do the equivalent of selecting more than one thing at a time on it, I know its hold down ctrl and then click away, but on a mac everything is just complicated. ctrl C and ctrl V are like my most used button combinations cus i do lots of picture, music, 3d stuff editing, and on the mac I hated doing anything on it.

And auddy, yeah I doubt there is a term for "that" specific situation, you could name it what you want, but well just refer to it as ownige or ****.

xFr3nLixPhYr3x

Smash Rookie
I hate apples cus they have no right click button on the mouse, and i don't know how to do the equivalent of selecting more than one thing at a time on it, I know its hold down ctrl and then click away, but on a mac everything is just complicated. ctrl C and ctrl V are like my most used button combinations cus i do lots of picture, music, 3d stuff editing, and on the mac I hated doing anything on it.
I guess microsoft had copyrights on the ctrl key or something. But for future references, there is an apple key. think of apple key as ctrl.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
That and there is a right click . . .

And the OS for morons is the best OS I've ever worked with. Plus my Macbook is my most cherished posession but I have no idea why you got a MBP to be honest. <_<

It is too expensive, and I don't care what anyone says lol I love Macs, I'll defend them here if I have to, but as a mac fan, I have to say that they're retardedly pricey. And the worst part is they get better all the time T_T

I'm thinking of upgrading to a MBP to be honest though in like a year just cause I don't want to buy a desktop and still want the convenience of a laptop. It is big though. Don't exactly look forward to lugging that between classes. And to be honest, I don't really need it . . . I'm not a photoshop pro or some music DJ or anything . . .

And yeah, I need to work out too . . . I'm like 185 which sucks cause a month ago I was like 175 so i just gained the 10 pounds I lost T_T

And I also had a 6 pack mid way though summer or sort of and now I've lost it again T_T

xFr3nLixPhYr3x

Smash Rookie
That and there is a right click . . .

And the OS for morons is the best OS I've ever worked with. Plus my Macbook is my most cherished posession but I have no idea why you got a MBP to be honest. <_<

It is too expensive, and I don't care what anyone says lol I love Macs, I'll defend them here if I have to, but as a mac fan, I have to say that they're retardedly pricey. And the worst part is they get better all the time T_T

I'm thinking of upgrading to a MBP to be honest though in like a year just cause I don't want to buy a desktop and still want the convenience of a laptop. It is big though. Don't exactly look forward to lugging that between classes. And to be honest, I don't really need it . . . I'm not a photoshop pro or some music DJ or anything . . .

And yeah, I need to work out too . . . I'm like 185 which sucks cause a month ago I was like 175 so i just gained the 10 pounds I lost T_T

And I also had a 6 pack mid way though summer or sort of and now I've lost it again T_T
Alright tech talk! I would have to say the best OS i've used is gentoo. For people who dont know what gentoo is its a form of linux where you just get a terminal and you make your own drivers. I'll admit macbooks are good if you dont game, mainly cause of the rubbish onboard graphics card. Don't throw down...what is it 1700 nowadays for a useless laptop if you already have one.

Auddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Auddy07
I am in the process of uploading some Melee videos of me and PwT (Roddy) and also some Brawl, that's right you heard me, Brawl videos of me and Dark (Derek).

When I get them uploaded I'll put some links.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Tech talk is something I get smothered in, but whatever.

Macs aren't really techy or gamey computers, more consumer computers than anything. Which appeals tome just fine. I love their OS because it's just based on user friendliness, and I really don't need an OS that's so customizable that I can shut down fans remotely or control exactly what processes I want to run or whatever. I just want a computer that takes care of all of my needs that is completely hassle free which is what a Mac does perfectly. I don't think any PC user or Linux user can argue with that. Maybe a Linux user. But who uses Linux anyway <_<

Also, anyone know how Chris did at Evo?

Ken advanced to top 8 btw. That's insane considering, well, he hasn't been to anything . . .

Tyrannosaurus

Smash Cadet
Alright tech talk! I would have to say the best OS i've used is gentoo. For people who dont know what gentoo is its a form of linux where you just get a terminal and you make your own drivers. I'll admit macbooks are good if you dont game, mainly cause of the rubbish onboard graphics card. Don't throw down...what is it 1700 nowadays for a useless laptop if you already have one.
Wow. I use Linux and all you are is embarrassing, not advocating.

Also, protip: don't say "tech talk!" and then not deliver, honey kitten.
I just want a computer that takes care of all of my needs that is completely hassle free which is what a Mac does perfectly. I don't think any PC user or Linux user can argue with that. Maybe a Linux user.
Linux is the opposite of hassle free, especially on laptops. Once you get it set up properly it can be a joy to use, but if you don't have the time or inclination it's not worth it at all.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
<_<

How did someone from VA join us lol

And either way, I'm not willing to switch. Only thing I know about Linux is its customizability? And the fact that its users keep saying it's better than Macs cause it can do so many remote things and is incorruptable or something? no idea.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Why? You can do the exact same thing with a laptop from Dell with Vista on it, yo. Even if Vista is effectively the anti-christ. It'll cost you like $400 less too.
Except for use the Mac OS, which I've been using my entire life.

I would understand if you were goin to edit music videos or something. Else, you are just buying the logo. I would go for the MBP too, if it weren't so **** overpriced, and had the made for morons OS.
Mac is the made-for-morons OS? :p

either way, me and my friend at work are gonna start lifting, and were thinking of some sort of arm wrestling tournament. ive been inspired, and after a few months well be freaking ripped.
Lol, it'll take longer than a few months. A few months will get you like me. Unless I've been mislead and have been doing it incorrectly, in which case I will be furious and will kill people.

Alright tech talk! I would have to say the best OS i've used is gentoo. For people who dont know what gentoo is its a form of linux where you just get a terminal and you make your own drivers.
See, I don't even really know what that is (so much for my future in computer programming, thanks Classen SAS high school) or why I would need it.

Also, MacBook Pros do have more practical advantages over MacBooks, included backlit keys, antiglare screen, a brighter screen, and better speakers. Also, I have oft dabbled in things such as Photoshop (well, maybe more than dabbled in that), music editing, and video editing, but stopped mainly because of the limitations of my current computer.

And I really just don't like using PCs, but I like using Macs. Simple as that. Also, I basically get a free iPod touch and printer/scanner with it.

I don't know how Chris did at Evo, but I will say that he was disadvantaged by his character and the fact that his Brawl experiences are rather limited.

Also, Batman Returns is epic as hell.

P.S. I hate people: http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cach...0080808091149AA3VGTk&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us

Bwett

Smash Ace
Yo guys, wanted to thank yall for making me and Fogo feel so welcome during our quick stay. Thank you Hanson for the great conversation and the apartment to stay in. Anytime you want to chill in Dallas, just hit me or Fogo up. Great times, dudes. Upload those pics!

xFr3nLixPhYr3x

Smash Rookie
Tech talk is something I get smothered in, but whatever.

Macs aren't really techy or gamey computers, more consumer computers than anything. Which appeals tome just fine. I love their OS because it's just based on user friendliness, and I really don't need an OS that's so customizable that I can shut down fans remotely or control exactly what processes I want to run or whatever. I just want a computer that takes care of all of my needs that is completely hassle free which is what a Mac does perfectly. I don't think any PC user or Linux user can argue with that. Maybe a Linux user. But who uses Linux anyway <_<
There are many linux distrubutions that are "user friendly", and for the regular consumer, I wouldn't see how pc would be any different. I am not trying to convert anybody here, Yawara gave his opinion on his favorite OS and I gave mine.

Wow. I use Linux and all you are is embarrassing, not advocating.

Also, protip: don't say "tech talk!" and then not deliver, honey kitten.Linux is the opposite of hassle free, especially on laptops. Once you get it set up properly it can be a joy to use, but if you don't have the time or inclination it's not worth it at all.
This is somewhat true. Gentoo takes a bit to install, but once you get past that I dont think its very time taking at all.

Only thing I know about Linux is its customizability? And the fact that its users keep saying it's better than Macs cause it can do so many remote things and is incorruptable or something? no idea.
I'm not too sure about incorruptible, otherwise it wouldn't come out w/ so many distributions. I just like it cause its free :laugh:

Except for use the Mac OS, which I've been using my entire life.

Mac is the made-for-morons OS? :p

See, I don't even really know what that is (so much for my future in computer programming, thanks Classen SAS high school) or why I would need it.

Also, MacBook Pros do have more practical advantages over MacBooks, included backlit keys, antiglare screen, a brighter screen, and better speakers. Also, I have oft dabbled in things such as Photoshop (well, maybe more than dabbled in that), music editing, and video editing, but stopped mainly because of the limitations of my current computer.

And I really just don't like using PCs, but I like using Macs. Simple as that. Also, I basically get a free iPod touch and printer/scanner with it.
Made for morons is my way of saying, "user friendly". It's fair enough though since you've been using it your whole life. I wouldn't go MB either, especially since i think i heard you talking about starcraft? Hopefully you'll continue to use the printer when it runs out of the ink that came with it (you dont know how many people stop).

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Lasers are no worse than chain grabbing.
You can't chaingrab falco with D3

and we were on FD THE falco counter pick for pretty much anybody.

it's cool though, i've been through worse belive it or not, so it didn't bother me much.

much <3 O.K.

Props to Max Power for winning the event, keeping Oklahoma from falling to Texas once again.
sigh, maybe next time... lol :chuckle:

good stuff OK, you invented a new term, Fogoism, lol never thought i'd see such a thing. But GG's to all you guys, see you next time, and i'll bring the rest of my crew so we can really try to conquer your state :p jk jk

alright i'm out laterrrr

Fogo magic, *****es.
All day every day, can't stop, won't stop.

ehh ehh, ehh ehh.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
thinkpads, viaos, and even custom cheaper brands make macbooks look like lolbooks.

edit: i like gnome for interface. i went back to xp from just using it for the last 8 years so w/e. linux is interesting, but windows is simple and viable for someone who only watches youtube and plays wow.

Shade_

Smash Ace
I dont under stand your post zeb.....

And yeah fogo and bwett it was great and fun, hope we can hang again next time.

Fogo is a smash shinigami?.........I didn't know that tile existed.

Z

Zorgon

I dont under stand your post zeb.....

And yeah fogo and bwett it was great and fun, hope we can hang again next time.

Fogo is a smash shinigami?.........I didn't know that tile existed.
I got 25th at the tourney, lol.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Auddy, we should play. How far away are you from where ever?

Man, the tourney sounded fun :/ Had to miss it though. I guess I'll have to make it to the next Hanson tourney. time to show off my Lucario <_<

And lol @ not using printers afterwards.

So Andy, can you pick me up or not?

waveshinespike

Smash Cadet
7 miles south from me is pv
and im like, 35 or something from norman
the tourney did sound fun

maybe if another one of those situations come up auddy will be my homieeeee and give me a ride ^__^
we should play sometime, as you are the closest person with a soul... err.... person who plays melee to me

Scud

Smash Apprentice
We need to get all of you PV and .....dillon...kids up here to smash!
Auddy how many people do you play with down there?

Top Bottom