• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

baf1

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I'm new to the scene, but would like to get involved. I don't have a Facebook account, though.

Dat Smash 4 3DS demo plays so much better than I thought it would. Link's leap!

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
Will plays melee too and would definitely be down for melee if he is every asked.

@ baf1 baf1 facebook is the way to go for sure. I want this thread to be more active but in all honesty this scene was revived with facebook and PM. keep posting in here tho. Tournaments and what not will be more active on facebook.

DualCats

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I'm new to the scene, but would like to get involved. I don't have a Facebook account, though.

Dat Smash 4 3DS demo plays so much better than I thought it would. Link's leap!
Facebook sucks ****; don't give in.

Also: Hi

DualCats

Smash Ace
I went to Will's thing because I was under the impression that was where everyone else was going. >‿‿< Oops! I'll be back in OKC next weekend, though.

baf1

Smash Rookie
So I have to ask. What's the competition like at Oklahoma events? I've started watching a lot of Smash streams on Twitch, such as NYC tournaments...and more recently Smash 4 streams from the likes of Shofu, so I guess I'm wondering how you all compare to those guys.

I'll probably be a nice punching bag for you guys at first. :p

Facebook sucks ****; don't give in.

Also: Hi
Also, hello!

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
We have very good players in both melee and PM. According to smashboards we have the 3rd best Ivysaur. 3rd best marth, and 2nd best Kirby in PM.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
($1100 pot bonus warning)
Okay, Guys, it's tournament almost season in Nebraska

October 11th is Roll Tier X4($1100 total pot bonuses), which features $500 pot bonuses for both melee and PM each and $100 on a free sm4sh tournament (must sign up for at least 1 other event to register for it and byo3ds), free Pizza from Little Caesars and free Venue fee amongst tons of other hype bonuses!

However, you must PRE-REGISTER for this event!

October 18th is IT HAS BEGIN (possible pot bonuses TBA), which features 64, brawl and the very first open sm4sh tournament Nebraska smash is running, Free Pizza from Little Caesars and free venue amongst tons of other awesome bonuses!

RTx4
https://www.facebook.com/events/334665033369521/363630763806281/?ref=notif&notif_t=plan_mall_activity

http://smashboards.com/…/oct-11-2014-roll-tier-x4-remix-11…/

IT HAS BEGUN

https://www.facebook.com/events/1453310801604341/?ref=70

http://smashboards.com/…/oct-18-2014-it-has-begun-ne-first…/

Please, sign up for Roll Tier X4 if you haven't already
https://www.payitsquare.com/collect-page/42457

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
The unfortunate thing I find in people who spam events to get noticed is this. They don't look around to see what other events are happening at the same time. As a TO, I don't mind thread spamming to get your event noticed. What I do mind tho is when others don't take the time to acknowledge the events you are hosting the same date as theirs.

We have a breast cancer awareness tourney on the 11th. if you would have looked in the event thread of Smashboards you would have found it.

Good luck on the 11th tho!

Oct. 18th looks appealing tho maybe? hard to travel during school tho

Last edited:

DualCats

Smash Ace
Last edited:

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
whoops. At least the facebook links work?

It is $1100 in pot bonuses on the 11th though, I've never ever ever ever posted in the southwest forums for my tournaments, at least, because it hasn't been worth your trip.

Sethlon and Denti and some of TX might come.

That being said, I'm sorry, a fundraiser tournament is very important and I think people should go to that instead, or at least donate if you choose to travel. I have ran a couple of fundraising tournaments myself and I supported Lux full out when he did his battle to end hunger series in Kansas.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Have you guys actually played the game?

Because there are most certainly combos... They just come from hard reads and setups rather than rote reflex and muscle memory. This whole thing about lack of kill power is a sham too... People just have to learn the game THAT HASN'T EVEN RELEASED IN AMERICA YET.
It would also help if people would quit playing every stage in FD Mode with its huge ceilings and extended horizontal blast zones.

It's not Brawl and it's not Melee. It does its own thing, and Mega Man is awesome. AND DOUGLAS J. FALCON IS BACK TO GET HIS MANTLE FROM CRAPPY RICK FALCON IN BRAWL.

Seriously, Cap is soooo good, I don't know why anyone is complaining... ESPECIALLY those that haven't even played it.

I've played it, and I'll give it a fair shake when it comes out stateside. It just feels like Brawl without as much dumb. There's a few improvements, but the overall tone of the game is still incredibly defensive.

And also it smells funny.

Zinth

Smash Apprentice
hahahaha i love reading this thread!
First thing first, wtf is with that avatar Zinth? Gaaaay.
Lol, it's the logo for Apple's new programming language, Swift, Mr. Apple Store Employee :p

Anyway I'm in OKC (right outside the southern limits of Nichols Hills) quite a bit these days.

Also I think Smash 4 is good, after watching Texas's Smash 3DS tournament last night.

Last edited:

counterPayment

Smash Apprentice

Mr.Brokken

Smash Rookie
Hey guys I'm new to the boards but have been in the face book group for a little bit. I primarily play brawl and smash 64 but I'm really interested in melee and I want to get better at it.

counterPayment

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys I'm new to the boards but have been in the face book group for a little bit. I primarily play brawl and smash 64 but I'm really interested in melee and I want to get better at it.
Hey nice to meet you but Most smashers don't get on the boards anymore. And good luck playing melee most people here suck at it so they play PM instead

Mr.Brokken

Smash Rookie
I'm thinking about hosting a brawl tournament probably around the end of May early June. If all goes well then ill be adding a sweet G to the pot. Would this be good? I know brawl isn't very popular in this state

HEPH

Smash Rookie
I'm thinking about hosting a brawl tournament probably around the end of May early June. If all goes well then ill be adding a sweet G to the pot. Would this be good? I know brawl isn't very popular in this state
I'm down. Oh am I down.

Top Bottom