• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
We need melee!! Or pelé or we stay awayway
We need people who "only" wanna play melee, to travel! lol come to us! its easier for one person to come, than many to go to one place. especially since the new scene really doesnt know you.

melee up in tulsa may 31st.

huge pm/melee tourney june 14 and july 26th

Aslo, I added Rasta and Yawara to a group (facebook) i made involving melee. think you can be active enough to assist in it?

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I need to save up money to go to law school which means I'm never going to another tourney most likely since all of my disposable income will be heading towards: 1) loose women 2) Karl Williams 3) marajuana

Smolder

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, pretty new smasher here looking for anybody who plays Project M in the Tulsa area. I need to improve my Roy game heavily before the June and July tourneys. If anyone wants to play a few matches with me and a few friends just say the word!

RaigothDagon

Smash Journeyman
There are lots of PM players around Tulsa, here is the facebook group a lot of them are in.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/541859482565869/

I personally prefer Melee, but I'm always up for PM. I however live in Grove, so I'm about an hour and a half away from Tulsa, so likely it would be better if you found more local players if that kind of drive doesn't sound appealing. I'll be trying to make the biweekly the 22nd of this month at AlienGames up there, if you want to gauge your skill level or meet up with some local players, that's a good place to start, I'm sure many people will be happy to lend pointers.

Smolder

Smash Apprentice
Thanks, bud. Your link helped me far, far more than you would ever think. I can't wait to be a part of the Smash community and I definitely can't wait to bring my own play style to the table.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
@KOS-MOS there will be Melee and PM in Tulsa May 31st. if you wanna go i can pick you up.
Forget that scrub... I bet he can't even play Melee anymore.

HOWEVER... The Great King of Fire may just dust off the Green Fire GC controller one more again...

May 31st? Babac, you lazy, eternally-high *******, find your brother and I'll kidnap Pablo and Chris and we can roll cancel death again.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
Also ill be running bi weeklies I'm moore starting the 24th for melee and pm. It's $5 venue fee. No entry fee. Hazy will prob be there. I wanna get melee more involved in the community and this is my first attempt. Prizes are store cred lol

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Smashfest at my place next week.
I have the 26th, 27th, 28th off next week. Let me know what days work for most of you and I will make sure to be accommodating. Only melee will be here, you can bring PM if you like...if you like. There will be 3 gym leaders there, myself - isan king - and outlaw. I'm sure Irish will be there so that'll be half the gym leaders total you can attempt to beat. I even have a bad ass badge you can be proud of! I'm proud of it, so don't think it'll be easy to get from me.

Here are the rules to
Metamorphosis Utopia Gym
  1. Saturdays and Tuesdays are low tier characters, every other day is whatever character (except on the 31st)
  2. 31st of each month that has it is POKEMON CHARACTERS ONLY
  3. YOU ARE THE GREEN VERSION OF WHATEVER CHARACTER YOU PLAY
  4. I will only play counter pick stages, except on Wednesdays then it's neutral stages only
  5. Best of 5 or 7, you choose
  6. I am any color I want
  7. No tags on characters
  8. If you win, I will make no johns and humbly provide you with your well deserved badge!
  9. I have two versions of my badge...you may choose the desired badge if/when you win
  10. I do NOT hand out my badge, if you lose it or misplace it you will have to earn a new badge. You may earn both versions of my badge
GOOD LUCK MY FRIENDS

Remember friends, I have been playing this game since it came out, 3 years after that I met the OK smash scene, personally helped the scene develop by having more smashfests than anyone in OK and traveling to all kinds of out of state tournaments.
Like I said, if you win my badge I shall make no johns. If you earn my badge, you will be highly respected and gain free entry to all my smashfests at my house (they are always free but hey, at least you can say you get in for free).

po pimpus

Smash Ace
The Smashboards Back Room... A secret cabal of high-placing tournament players and organizers supposedly gathered together in a secret forum to set policy and streamline the tournament experience without undue interference from the unwashed masses.

What it actually entails is that it is really a secret clubhouse for the community's biggest egos and worst inhibitors of the community's growth. A forum full of Stop Having Fun Guys who instead of doing the job which they claim to exist for, merely use their influence over the community to play politics and push their own personal agendas...

Who elected them? Who asked for them to exist? Certainly not I, nor most of the community... It is a sister to Smogon(another vile den of treachery and scrubbery)... a place for ego-stroking and self-aggrandizing. Not policy makers, but false kings sitting upon a throne of lies...

..and I will punch them all in the face with a fist cloaked in flame.

bassem6

Smash Lord
The Smashboards Back Room... A secret cabal of high-placing tournament players and organizers supposedly gathered together in a secret forum to set policy and streamline the tournament experience without undue interference from the unwashed masses.

What it actually entails is that it is really a secret clubhouse for the community's biggest egos and worst inhibitors of the community's growth. A forum full of Stop Having Fun Guys who instead of doing the job which they claim to exist for, merely use their influence over the community to play politics and push their own personal agendas...

Who elected them? Who asked for them to exist? Certainly not I, nor most of the community... It is a sister to Smogon(another vile den of treachery and scrubbery)... a place for ego-stroking and self-aggrandizing. Not policy makers, but false kings sitting upon a throne of lies...

I can dig

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149

cant tell if this is sarcasm or what not... but to answer... the Community voted on these people as well as voted on wanting a TR.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
EDIT: I know he will probably have come and gone by the time any of you read this, but Money Marc will be in town soon, and he said he wants to see as many of you as possible...

"Babac, get off your lazy ass and host a Smashfest for old time's sake," Marc said.

"Brandon, make sure you say Lil Will is still garbage," was his last message.

You shouldn't NEED a secret forum... If you're that worried about the message getting lost among the voices, then just make it so only BR members can post, and create a discussion forum for the community to discuss issues concerning tourney rules.

Quit hiding, Back Room, and face me mano e mano, instead of hiding in your little clubhouse. Are people like me really that frightening to you? Can you really not handle dissenting opinions?

Last edited:
3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
lol the OK SMASH SCENE facebook group voted. so basically 150 people voted.

also, Po is hiding in the shadows. he is afraid of what people will think of his washed up self

po pimpus

Smash Ace
When I find out what days he'll be here, I'll let you guys know. Paemon, tell your brother what I said about him hosting something.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Yeah, Marc said he'll be here the week of the 18th, so next Wednesday. He said he probably won't be able hang on Saturday... but Thursday/Friday is probably cool. You guys figure out what works best for everyone.

When I talk to him again, I'll try to get more specific details.

Young Deezy

Smash Apprentice
Man I got work johns. I live too far away to make the trip worth it. I'm going to try to go to norman Saturday though.

Edit: **** it, going anyways.

Last edited:

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
HOLY HELL

I wanna see Marc!!! Let me know if anything happens, I'm unemployed and I got time.

Also Po go to the tourney this weekend with Chris HOLLAAAAAAAA

It's been forever! I told Brandon that I would be coming down next week on the 19th until the 29th. I also mentioned that I wanted to see my "boys", especially Babac, Will, and Paemon (you too Yawara). I'm trying not to leave anyone out. Anyways, before anyone starts challenging me to smash or any other fighting game. Let me tell you, I am a washed up gamer, a has-been, I was just okay at my best, a C ranked gamer. I know Pablo always say that, but I'm serious.

Mainly, I just wanted to see how everyone was doing. Babac let me know what your work schedule looks like. I'll be in the Oklahoma City area before my family reunion starts, until then, I should be free.

Brandon you should start a blog called angrygamerexinctdinosaurtrollguyihateeverything@blogspot.com

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
Did anyone else here go to the best buy event in norman today? impressions on smash4?

Last edited:
3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
Ya. Smash4 is brawl 2.0 for now. It's obviously still in demo mode. Too clunky. people dont die. A tad bit faster than brawl but overall the same

link2702

Smash Champion
Ya. Smash4 is brawl 2.0 for now. It's obviously still in demo mode. Too clunky. people dont die. A tad bit faster than brawl but overall the same
ironically..that is exactly the conclusion I came to from my play of it today.

no smash DI
hitstun cancelling seemed to be back
hell it seems even a few of the brawl techs returned like sonic's spin cancels and spinshotting, or link/toon link's bombsmashing.

I left somewhat unimpressed, atm I only preordered the 3DS vers. just cuz it'd be smash bros on the go and smashrun was somewhat interesting.

Top Bottom