• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resource icon

Guide Okey Ness Guide

fleepy

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
FLIP#714
fleepy submitted a new resource:

Okey Ness Guide - The FIRST SSBU Ness guide on Smashboards

Ness is shaping up to have a very good kit in Ultimate. Here is an o k e y guide to his moveset.

Pros:
Very good back throw
Pretty fast
Good aerials
PSI Magnet is basically Shine

Cons:
PK Flash isn't useful in a lot of situations
Can be killed at early percents
Some might say that his up-air is worse (I prefer this but oh well).
PSI Magnet only inhales energy projectiles

Combos:
PK Fire + Down Throw + Fairs + Up-air?
PSI Magnet + Nair (True combo)
Short Hop Nair + Short Hop PSI...
Read more about this resource...

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Not a ton of content or any information on how to play Ness. Nothing about his neutral, how and when to use his moves, his advantage or disadvantage. I’d definitely give a guide on how to actually play him

fleepy

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
FLIP#714
Not a ton of content or any information on how to play Ness. Nothing about his neutral, how and when to use his moves, his advantage or disadvantage. I’d definitely give a guide on how to actually play him
Sorry, I was being rushed. I did say that PK Flash isn't useful in a lot of situations, and I did give out a few combos.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Sorry, I was being rushed. I did say that PK Flash isn't useful in a lot of situations, and I did give out a few combos.
Yeah it’s a decent start but you definitely should expand on it and actually teach people how to play Ness. Not everyone knows already

Specs64z

Smash Journeyman
self-advertise much? you can just put it in the "guides" area
Frankly, your "guide" is so barren (and also misleading. Ness is a midweight, he doesn't die early. He's also one of the slowest character in the game, yet you claim he's fast) I linked that in so that people seeking useful information wouldn't be disappointed when they clicked on this thread.

Plus, as I already said, my analysis is hardly a guide so I didn't classify it as such. It's just raw data with some observations.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Yeah a guide needs to entail how to play his neutral, advantage and disadvantage. How the character functions in game. How he finds openings. What moves to use in what situations, etc...

You have to put A LOT more work in than that

ness.blight

Smash Rookie
I know this is a bit late but from what I have played around with ness it is my belief that while the opponent is grounded you can short hop -> dair -> short hop -> up air is a true(?) combo i think. It can be used reliably from low to mid percentages. Please correct me if I'm wrong since I dont get much online play so I just play locally.

Last edited:
Top Bottom