• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Okay, how do I counter this rat?

Gotmilk0112

Smash Apprentice
-Ridiculously fast
-Small
-Almost no end lag on anything
-Super fast smashes again with no end lag, insanely hard to punish anything
-Aerial spam with giant hitboxes and high priority

No matter who I'm playing, Pikachu is just insanely frustrating to play against. Help.

Last edited:

Thatonehelper

Smash Cadet
-Ridiculously fast
-Small
-Almost no end lag on anything
-Super fast smashes again with no end lag, insanely hard to punish anything
-Aerial spam with giant hitboxes and high priority

No matter who I'm playing, Pikachu is just insanely frustrating to play against. Help.
To counter, focus on his weaknesses. He dies early and loses trades. He has low range.

Olimar is pichus and pikachus worst matchups but there are plenty of characters who go even or exploit his weaknesses. For example, wolf, snake, and lucina. These 3 popular meta picks have large ranged disjoints, good power, and their recovery is not always free to edgeguard. If pikachu cant get in then he will lose.

Mario and ness who gave pika a hard time in smash 4 still do so in ultimate, but pikachus buffs have allowed him to keep up in damage dealing department. His air speed buff allows him to micromanage much better and camping or picking and choosing fights is more viable.

There's a bunch of sword characters, faster characters, and stronger ones as well. Peach and pichu are fairly even when facing off against pichu and usually win due to getting the one clutch read in.

If you dont know how to fight the character, maybe try using the character and learning his strengths and weaknesses. In competitive play the chus like large flat stages. Stages like fd, town and city, ps2

Last edited:

Artmastercorey

Smash Journeyman
Yeah i find the chu's lack of lag, and attacks that seem to stay out with with good kill power hard to fiight. I mainly play as young link. Any tips or weak points? He just doesnt seem to have much of a window of lag to exploit.

ShadowTheHedgehogZ

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-4459-2606
Switch FC
2267-2995-1302
Yeah i find the chu's lack of lag, and attacks that seem to stay out with with good kill power hard to fight. I mainly play as young link. Any tips or weak points? He just doesnt seem to have much of a window of lag to exploit.
I would say use a lot of projectiles so you can get in there but I would need to start playing Young Link again

REZERO

Smash Journeyman
Yeah i find the chu's lack of lag, and attacks that seem to stay out with with good kill power hard to fiight. I mainly play as young link. Any tips or weak points? He just doesnt seem to have much of a window of lag to exploit.
Not sure if this will work for you but since I main wolf and cloud I usually force the pikachu player to move closer with projectiles and I avoid aerials since the chus are hard to hit.

Top Bottom