• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Okanagan Smash Scene/Tournaments

CrimsonGaiaofficial

Smash Rookie
NNID
Pyromaster2981
What's up, my name is Matt, otherwise known as 【RP】Crimson Gaia, and I've been living in the Okanagan region for around 3 and a half years, more specifically in Vernon. I got interested in competitive smash around the same time I moved here, and after a while I started looking around for local tournaments to compete in, only to discover they practically didn't exist.

Due to the lack of tournaments, I've decided to potentially start my own, the only thing that's really necessary at this point is interest from others in the area. This thread is essentially to discuss where and when tournaments would be held, or if they even will at all.

For those who don't know, the following cities and towns are considered to be part of the okanagan, in alphabetical order
Armstrong | Cawston | Christina Lake | Enderby | Falkland | Grand Forks | Greenwood | Grindrod | Hedley | Kaleden
Kelowna | Keremeos | Lumby | Okanagan Falls | Oliver | Osoyoos | Oyama | Peachland | Penticton | Princeton
Rock Creek | Summerland | Vernon | West Kelowna & Westbank | Winfield

ps: I'll mostly be online after 4pm, and occasionally in the morning as well

Last edited:

Gamin'Snow

Smash Rookie
NNID
Snowcracker
All things considered Okanagan is not a huge area, so I have no idea how much success this would have. At the very least I can tell you Princeton would NOT be worth a shot. At all. There's maybe two people here than can be considered anywhere near competitive, and even then I'm the better one and that isn't saying much. I'm assuming you're moreso thinking Vernon or somewhere around there in terms of where a tourney would ideally be held?

CrimsonGaiaofficial

Smash Rookie
NNID
Pyromaster2981
I mean Vernon would be ideal for me obviously since I live here, I'm just not sure how much demand there is, I've heard that people have been asking the local Internet lounge to start some up, but they haven't done much, that's mainly why I created this thread. If there is enough demand, we could do them regularly by the end of the year though, as I have the means to at least hold small tournaments

darrelty

Smash Rookie
https://www.facebook.com/groups/605196536223449/

most of the scene is in kelowna but there are definitely weekly to bi weekly people from vernon asking if anyone wants to play.

Christina lake grand forks area is dead and unless someone around I don't know (also we are boundary not okanagan just because I want to crew battle the entire okanagan myself). is a handful of players in kootenays but that is further away and only 4-5 players.

CrimsonGaiaofficial

Smash Rookie
NNID
Pyromaster2981
https://www.facebook.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/605196536223449/

most of the scene is in kelowna but there are definitely weekly to bi weekly people from vernon asking if anyone wants to play.

Christina lake grand forks area is dead and unless someone around I don't know (also we are boundary not okanagan just because I want to crew battle the entire okanagan myself). is a handful of players in kootenays but that is further away and only 4-5 players.

Actually I happen to be staying in Kelowna till around the 20th, I don't have my wii u with me tho, I didn't think of checking to see if there are any tournaments happening while I'm here. I'll definitely see

Top Bottom