• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oh no! It's a "I need help modding project m" thread!

Gabbi_Tabby

Smash Rookie
Edit(2): Okay, so I finally managed to fix the CSS, but for some reason, every time I try to load my fighter in a match, the game crashes as soon as he spawns on screen. I'm given a bunch of dolphin errors as well, so what's happening now?
Hi, I'm going to get right to the point. I'm new to Project M modding, but I have been watching and reading tutorials on how to mod it. I'm trying to clone a character and have the clone show up in the roster, but no luck.

I have followed this tutorial (https://smashboards.com/threads/updated-5-22-project-m-brawlex-a-starters-guide.430430/) multiple times, extremely carefully making sure I didn't miss anything. I don't know if it's an outdated tutorial or what, but I've made sure that I have 3.6 Project M Hackless, I added all the files from my build into the sd.raw file and there are absolutely no changes to the Project M build when going to the character select screen. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I hate to ask, but this is my only option after trial and error only to have no success.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Gabbi_Tabby

Smash Rookie
Small bump: Is there a discord server specifically for modding Project M so the next time I need to ask for help, it doesn't have to be a thread?

Top Bottom