• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ogre Smash 4 - 9/17/11 - St. Louis, MO

TP

Smash Master
Doubles
8 teams, $10 per person

1) The Real is on the Rise (MJG + Fource) ($88)
2) Beautiful Beast (Nicole + Hylian) ($48)
3) Pantydropper (Legan + Bpow) ($24)
4) Letters (TP + FAE)
5) Futurecookler (Future + Cook)
5) Ripple Needs a Haircut (Ripple + Tmacc)
7) Probopass Right (RJ + Aaron)
7) This One's for Based Cod (Hadesblade + EXCEL)

Singles
21 entrants, $10 per person

1) MJG :toonlink: :metaknight: ($115.50)
2) Hylian :popo: :gw: :falco: :metaknight: ($63)
3) Hadesblade :yoshi: ($31.50)
4) DeLux :popo: :metaknight: :snake: :zerosuitsamus:
5) Nicole :peach:
5) Ripple :sheik:
7) Legan :zerosuitsamus: :metaknight:
7) Bpow :wario:
9) Tmacc :wario: :dedede: :diddy: :metaknight: :rob:
9) Future :mario2: :metaknight: :marth: :popo:
9) Fource :diddy:
9) Cook :olimar: :metaknight:
13) TP :metaknight: :ganondorf:
13) Lutz :gw: :olimar:
13) FAE :lucas:
13) Mutt :snake:
17) EXCEL :metaknight: :sonic: :luigi2:
17) Kemo :falco:
17) Aaron :rob:
17) R.J. :marth:
17) Adrian

Good tournament everyone. Thanks for coming, thanks for bringing setups. See you all in a month or a month and a half or so.

Bpow, I forgot to play you.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I also used MK, Snake, and ZSS.

Shoutout to BPOW and my epic pools match. I don't know if you guys saw it, but this stuff was the thing of legend.

It started off like a normal set, but it turned into something so much more. This set featured the tournament debut of BPOW's Mario. I countered with Ness, because that kid had this look in his eye as if he knew something that I didn't know. Given that Ness's Neutral Special is the only known counter to Mario's one hit knock out move, I shamefully counterpicked on game 1. I was really tempted to yell at him that I discovered that ohko shenanigan and it wasn't going to work on me, but I hate trash talking during matches. At which point, the entire game was a giant set of cat and mouse. I set him up with this elaborate iBomb to DJC Footstool to Banana trip tech case frame trap where he had to choose between eating a C4 or a fully charged Eruption. He opted to get hit by the C4, but then he respawned, promptly pulled a bomb instead of a turnip, and then Nana decided she had enough of these shenanigans and jumped off to her death. So I'm sitting there without Pikmin and with a stock lead, so Brandon' had all kinds of aura boost on his move. After eating like every spirit bomb known to man, I watergunned him to his death. In a stroke of tactical genius, he used that instaswitch glitch on the SV platform, transformed into a Wario, and then promptly hit me with 9 wafts. Since I was so behind, I used judgment and got the 1 hammer of salt. Just to prove that the God of Brawl was on his side, Bpow walks up during my cool down and trades a 9 hammer for the last stock.

TP

Smash Master
Also, a controller was left at the venue that someone said belongs to FAE. I believe Cook has it right now. A black hoodie was also left. Currently I have it.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Fun tournament, shoutouts later

:phone:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I used sheik against everyone except Lux...who I lost too

DeLux

yea.

IDK what every IC main is smoking.

Sheik is a +3 matchup. DK is nowhere near the same level of ease lol Even though I won our matchup match of destiny, I'd still call it +1

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Fun tournament TP!

I won matches with MK and ROB too. Rob was one of my most cherished wins, so I want it in my name please. :)

Shoutouts later.

Also, Mutt played Snake.

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Yes!

Really fun tournament. Shoutouts later... after sleep and season 2 premier.

Salt @ the only fast food within walking distance being mcdonalds and white castle.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I fixed the characters in the OP.

Nicole

Smash Champion
I also used MK, Snake, and ZSS.

Shoutout to BPOW and my epic pools match. I don't know if you guys saw it, but this stuff was the thing of legend.

It started off like a normal set, but it turned into something so much more. This set featured the tournament debut of BPOW's Mario. I countered with Ness, because that kid had this look in his eye as if he knew something that I didn't know. Given that Ness's Neutral Special is the only known counter to Mario's one hit knock out move, I shamefully counterpicked on game 1. I was really tempted to yell at him that I discovered that ohko shenanigan and it wasn't going to work on me, but I hate trash talking during matches. At which point, the entire game was a giant set of cat and mouse. I set him up with this elaborate iBomb to DJC Footstool to Banana trip tech case frame trap where he had to choose between eating a C4 or a fully charged Eruption. He opted to get hit by the C4, but then he respawned, promptly pulled a bomb instead of a turnip, and then Nana decided she had enough of these shenanigans and jumped off to her death. So I'm sitting there without Pikmin and with a stock lead, so Brandon' had all kinds of aura boost on his move. After eating like every spirit bomb known to man, I watergunned him to his death. In a stroke of tactical genius, he used that instaswitch glitch on the SV platform, transformed into a Wario, and then promptly hit me with 9 wafts. Since I was so behind, I used judgment and got the 1 hammer of salt. Just to prove that the God of Brawl was on his side, Bpow walks up during my cool down and trades a 9 hammer for the last stock.
im pretty sure no one but me actually read this or they would've been laughing. if this wasnt so long i would totally sig it cause its awesome.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
1) MJG ($115.50)- GGs in pools. You're definitely as hard as they say. I guess I won't need to money match you at SiiS. I am looking forward to playing you again though.

2) Hylian ($63)-Good seeing you again Jordan. For someone who is rusty, you seemed to be un-phased by it judging from this placement.

3) Hadesblade ($31.50)-YOSHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!! Okay, so you definitely made money. Dat determination. WE MUST SUPPORT THE BASEDCOD MOVEMENT!!

4) DeLux-It was nice meeting and playing with you. Very informative and all around laid back. Apparently, if you drop CGs all week and average about 1:15, you place top 4. Intriguing...

5) Nicole-Thanks for the ride to Future's. That car ride was hype. Also, thanks for putting some food in my belly.

5) Ripple-I live with you.

7) Legan-Dat Yoshi hate. LOOOOOOL

7) Bpow-Fun friendlies. Nice Wario.

9) Tmacc-Arrrrrrgh! :dedede: I need to practice that MU. I hate being free against that penguin.

9) Future-Fun pools matches. Thanks for the housing. Crispin is the most affectionate dog ever.

9) Fource-Never got a chance to play you.

9) Cook-:olimar: is gaaaaaaaaaay. :salt:

13) TP-GGs. I was not looking forward to playing you again. I knew that :metaknight: was waiting for me. @_@ Thanks for hosting. I'm sure Rip and I will make another appearance.

13) Lutz-Random doubles da bess. lol

13) FAE-Don't quit! It's a rough spot, you'll make it through.

13) Mutt-I played you earlier. Nice Snake.

17) EXCEL-Playing much better this time around. Let's keep it that way.

17) Kemo-GGs. Dat Falco. I was nowhere near excited to see our names next to each other in bracket. I know your track record. lol Thanks for teaching me how to BDACUS. It's surprising to see you down here with me.

17) Aaron, R.J., Adrian- It's good to see new faces in the community. You're all exceptionally skilled for guys that are new to the scene. Keep up the work and absorb as much info as you can. Hope to see more of you guys on the boards.

Sovereign- Thanks for letting me borrow your controller. You don't know how much that helped me out.

Luke-Nice meeting you. You're a cool dude.

Delta-cod

Saffy

Smash Ace
MJG is amazing.

HADES... You are amazing. O-o

Good job to the both of you, well to everyone actually.

Looked like a fun tournament, I wish i could of attended but next time I will try!

DeLux

im pretty sure no one but me actually read this or they would've been laughing. if this wasnt so long i would totally sig it cause its awesome.
TLDR: Brawl Happened

Ripple, no DK?!

:phone:
He went DK and I had to suffer through it :(

MJG is amazing.

HADES... You are amazing. O-o

Good job to the both of you, well to everyone actually.

Looked like a fun tournament, I wish i could of attended but next time I will try!
DeLux is amazing not worth mentioning FUUUUUUUUUUU

I decided to 2nd TL. Bout to copy MJG and **** nubs
Nooooooo. If there's one thing we don't need in this world it's we don't need more toon link :(

DeLux

Oh, I don't know who told you that, but it's true.

I lost to only IC mains this tournament during bracket.

F IC mains

MJG

Smash Hero
I decided to 2nd TL. Bout to copy MJG and **** nubs

Thanks for hosting TP

2) Hylian :popo: :gw: :falco: :metaknight: ($63): Bringing the stories back...good stuff clutching it out throughout losers lmao. GGs. (look below for dubz).
3) Hadesblade :yoshi: ($31.50) YOSHI!!!!! GGs :)
4) DeLux :popo: :metaknight: :snake: :zerosuitsamus: You go from dropping every grab in the world to rarely dropping grabs @ this tourney...ICs y
5) Nicole :peach: Good stuff in doubles...I think 4rce put said this perfectly (when we were talking about a different teams match): "a team can breath normally when something unfortunate happens to the other team" and thats what happened game 4 during our set to you and Hylian. We honestly don't think we should have won that game but regardless, we had fun lol. Good stuff. God Kais!
5) Ripple :sheik: Wow, I had no idea you placed so high. You should use DK more imo. Will makes him look broke as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
7) Legan :zerosuitsamus: :metaknight: Back to the lab. Bout to kick it with you on thursday before we go to ohio. Good games and its good chillin/seein you as always. God Kais!....Glide Toss to Down Smash> You tho
7) Bpow :wario: Good stuff man. Hopefully everything that I told you and showed you this weekend will help. See ya @ ohio
maybe...
9) Tmacc :wario: :dedede: :diddy: :metaknight: :rob: God damn. I had no idea how many characters you used in tourney lmao. Good stuff. I forgot how chill you were. See you @ SiiS!
9) Future :mario2: :metaknight: :marth: :popo: Use more ICs imo. Also, My wolf>your wolf. You cheat @ this game.
9) Fource :diddy: Thanks for teaming with me again...nuff said <3
9) Cook :olimar: :metaknight: Yoshi y
13) TP :metaknight: :ganondorf: GGs in pools and thanks (again) for hosting.
13) Lutz :gw: :olimar: Ew...some ugly *** characters you main
13) FAE :lucas: Bes lucas. Keep up the good work.
13) Mutt :snake: Snakeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
17) EXCEL :metaknight: :sonic: :luigi2: GGs man. Gotta kick it wit you @ SiiS
17) Kemo :falco: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :(
17) Aaron :rob: ROB y
17) R.J. :marth: Marth y
17) Adrian ADRIAN Y

Fun tournament. Ill be seeing some of ya'll @ Ohio.

We out.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I hate using DK mjg, I do better with sheik now. granted, I missed like 6 GR DACUSes on you :(

game 2 should have been much closer

DeLux

Oh, I forgot, I didn't use Snake in a Pool set, so you can take that off my list. We sorta defacto had DJ Ike playing in our pool randomly (despite not entering), and I'm 90% sure I played a "set" against him with Snake and Lucas.

MJG* - First Tournament in awhile where I didn't get knocked out of whatever bracket by you. I am sad because I had a whole slew of gimmicks to throw your way that might have worked against that aggro TL you were running. Teach me the TL side of the TL IC MU so that I can channel my hero of time against all the ICs that say it's in their favor. Good **** dude winning.

Hylian - "Should I go Game and Watch?" "..." "He might go Metaknight" "Dude, he just **** on your MK, do it old school" "MR. GAME AND WATCH". I hope I helped and wasn't a distraction when I was coaching. I was going crazy behind you because I think I'm at the point now where despite trying to emulate you, I'm starting to make my own tactical decisions that differ from yours. Such as approaching Yoshi without an IB to cover against egg lay and pivot grab. I'm going to add that one little gimmick you showed me against characters that are super fat (aka the one's we'd use that move against) and if they shield me they are going to die. I might look up some concrete frame stuff, but I've been really unmotivated to test technical stuff on ICs and have just been learning to read from the options I already have. And I would have won our IC ditto if you didn't land that rogue Fair lol Should not have masked up game 2 :\

Hadesblade* - I really wished I got a chance to play you in bracket or in pools because this is supposed to be a super hard matchup with ICs. At least I showed you the one gimmick you have so now you can use it against other people so your putting away sopo game gets stronger.

Nicole*- You have no idea how grateful I am that you always find me every tourney and ask ME if I want to play. It means a lot to me and I feel like I do better each and every time it happens. I don't know what other ICs are smoking around the country because the matchup is absolute bs. Regardless, I appreciate the time you've put into making me proficient at the matchup and I promise I'll do my best to wreck other Peaches so you can then say you're the best at the matchup

Ripple- Broken Kong is like the worst matchup since the IC ditto. I already told you what I felt your play has done to sway my opinion on the matchup.

Legan*- Your ZSS advice always helps and please continue to coach me when you see me messing up because I want to join you in the ranks of good ZSS players. One of these times we'll get a couple hours free where I can custom build you a springed controller as a repayment for the help you've been giving me.

Bpow- Man, epic pools set. And we pretty much covered everything I could think of in the car ride home. Sorry we didn't get to play today because of my work. Just gotta meditate, and control the only thing you can control imo.

Tmacc*- I don't understand how to beat ROB and I'm thankful we didn't play in bracket or I would have played the super gay card and pulled out the MK on you. This is not a joke. will NEVER go MK on anyone game one unless they are someone I feel my ICs absolutely can't beat on any given day no matter how hard I try.

Future*- Come back to Ice Climbers. We didnt' play once this tournament and I"m super mad because I didn't get to get my *** styled on by your jiggly puff again.

Fource*- Thanks for driving again. I'm glad you did work in doubles and watching your banana play in singles and how intricate/elaborate you were was really eye opening for me. It was interesting hearing you talk doubles in the car ride as well because a lot of it was ideas I haven't heard before.

Cook- Good **** on getting first in our super pool of death. Your Nado spacing every time was always above average to perfect and it was super annoying to deal with. I'm 90% sure you'd beat most ICs with that MK, so you don't have to worry too much about that matchup anymore because Olimar is bad there. And remember to share with the world the broken technique you whipped out that one pools matchup where you like warped six feet up in the air from the edge to the platform lol.

TP*- Thanks for hosting man.

FAE- I'm sorrrrrry I keep having to go ICs against you in tourney. You have no idea how much I respect you and your lucas. I really want to be able to do everything you can with Lucas because it's so brokenly flashy. Please don't hate me :(

EXCEL* - I'm so glad we finally got to meet. You were probably one of the first on the IC boards that bought into my whole theory on how to play the character and I'm glad we got to play in person. I'm sorry we didn't spend more time having me critique your ICs and stuff, but I'll keep giving you help on everything I can. As long as you play the character of course.

Adrian- Everyone's gotta start somewhere. I went a span of 7 tournaments where I did not win a single bracket game to get to where I'm at now. You seemed like you wanted to learn so you'll get there if you stay dedicated.

MO Local Guy I won't name - If you were the MO local that I played against that was sitting right next to me when I played and was gesturing in celebration noticeably every time I got hit to the point of being distracting, I didn't appreciate that. I didn't appreciate the **** talking you did on me either. I took the time to play with you and your friend because you guys didn't have the guts to go play other people, and you reward me by being disruptive during my set. Don't think I didn't notice because I think it was really unsportsmanlike to do that just because I styled on you in friendlies. TLDR: Way to be an *******. If I play you in tourney, I'm going to hobble you to 210 as slowly as possible, and then I'll CG to the point of almost mashing out to 300. And I'll be pissed as **** so I probably won't be dropping that grab any time soon so you'll have to enjoy it as much as I will

DJ Ike- I'm really appreciative that you played ROB repeatedly against me since that's a matchup I struggle with greatly. I feel like by the end of it I could actually manage it. I'll be sure to shout out you if I ever beat a ROB in tourney and be like "Yo, DJ Ike showed me how to do this shenanigan"

*'s go the people that would have taken a dump on my baddie climbers if we played in bracket. I kinda had like a perfect alignment of people with IC MU issues (aka the first sets of my loser's bracket) and if I had gotten anyone else, I might have 0-2'd out of this place. Generally the people I beat place much better than I do and generally are more skilled at the game than I am but that'll change once my Snake is deadly enough to main :)

hadesblade

Smash Lord
1) MJG - finally got to play you means no mm at siis xD. GG's and I'm extremely impressed. Going ddd was a terrible idea LOL.

2) Hylian - I completely forgot you had a G&W when I cp'd rc. I was trying to bait the mk pick, because of how well I did vs him game 2, and if you picked icies I was fine with fighting IC's at rc. Then you go G&W and I felt really really dumb for picking that stage. xD. GG's though, I'm still salty nana footstooled me.

3) Hadesblade - dat yoshi. Get more sleep and more food before/during tournies plz. Then you won't have a terrible migraine the whole next day. Also good **** dodging bad match ups till winners finals.

4) DeLux - Thanks for showing me the GR trick, the more I play icies, the more solutions I see to the gimmicks that are supposed to make the match up in yoshi's favor. gg's

5) Nicole - I was so glad you beat 4ce, I really didn't want to play diddy again. Once you pulled a bomb at halberd I held shield and immediately felt dumb, because I can't do anything oos. I've lost soo many sets to peaches because of special turnips. Random doubles was so fun lol. and thanks for taking us to futures house.

5) Ripple - thanks for the ride and housing and everything. Sorry for sleeping the whole ride back but I literally felt dead. If yoshi really is getting buffed maybe I'll hit you up on that minus mm sometime.

7) Legan - I think 5/6 of my deaths vs zss were to side b. Idk why but that move literally caught me off guard EVERY time you hit me with it. Also I get hype and stuff but you were messing with my head so much during my set vs tmacc ._.

7) Bpow - didn't talk at all, but next time we got to play some wario dittos. I love playing that match up lol.

9) Tmacc - ggs. I was sooo nervous playing you. Sorry for getting third seed in pools and screwing over your bracket. =/

9) Future - thanks for housing and everything. I was literally falling asleep during our random doubles at like 3am or whenever it was at your house saturday night. I remember getting diddy one game and not being able to see the bananas LOL.

9) Fource - wtf why you so good at brinstar. GG's our game 1 I was just expecting you to glide toss into a rising nair and eventually got frustrated and approached and died lol.

9) Cook - Not going to sv game 1 made me salty about the stage list. SV/ps1 are the only stages out of the 5 I didn't feel decently disadvantaged on. I was happy when you cp'd frigate, and wondered why an oli would go there then you went mk and I was like =(.

13) TP - thanks for hosting and running everything.

13) Lutz - thanks for giving me false hope in my mk. If I lost to you at rc I wouldn't of tried it against hylian ><. gg's though.

13) FAE - didn't talk much, don't get frustrated with brawl, bad match ups happen especially when you're a terrible character. If it really is getting to you, just pick up mk or another good character because I'm sure you know you're as smart as some of the people you lost to.

13) Mutt - I feel like I should know who you are but I don't ><.

17) EXCEL - thanks for housing and I'm salty we placed so bad in teams. I can't believe I sd'd at 0...........................
Also you shoulda let me finish the premier before you put your laptop away ;(((

17) Kemo - gg's. You should play campier with your falco. More lasers/side b, and stop worrying about getting in.

17) Aaron - ggs. You're really good for being new to the scene O_o

Sov - thanks for driving me to IL, even though you couldn't enter. Sorry for sleeping the trip back too but I really really felt dead.

Thanks saffy xD.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
1) MJG :toonlink: :metaknight:; Good **** teaming again. Grats on singles. You a *** though. <3
2) Hylian :popo: :gw: :falco: :metaknight:; GG's in dubs. Why you go in on my *** so hard though? ):
3) Hadesblade :yoshi:; Sigh. Peach is gay. Also, I main Diddy. I get taken to Brinstar all the time. It's nothing I'm not used to. Lol.
4) DeLux :popo: :metaknight: :snake: :zerosuitsamus:; Good job not running into MJ...LOL.
5) Nicole :peach:; I hate you.
7) Legan :zerosuitsamus: :metaknight:; Glide toss to DSmash. Real.
7) Bpow :wario:; You so fast and accurate! Noooooo!
9) Tmacc :wario: :dedede: :diddy: :metaknight: :rob:; We didn't play this time around, but it's all good. Great to see you again.
9) Future :mario2: :metaknight: :marth: :popo:; Did not see Mario coming...at all. Nor did I expect a 20 minute set. Sigh. GGs.
9) Fource :diddy:; ):
13) FAE :lucas:; **** Lucas.
17) Kemo :falco:; I'm now 1 and 3 against you. I'm coming for you!

DeLux

You took a game off future right? He's overwhelmingly better than I am

I have a losing record against sonic in tourney. Chances are you would have won

MasterOfGalaxies

Smash Apprentice
Adrian played as Peach, Shiek, and Lucario, btw. I hope Adrian, Aaron, and I didn't bother too many people with noob questions and not knowing how tournaments went. It was a ton of fun, eye-opening (First time I've ever lost to a ness as marth, crazy good stuff FAE) and we'll all be there at the next one.

Top Bottom