• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Often a strange adventure of all-star battle; PlayStation 3 fighter trailer goes live

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
I just thought of something. What if the image before us actually doesn't fill out like we expect? Right now there are 11 empty spaces. 39+11=50. On day 0, the spaces could be 11 revealed characters. Would be a interesting way of throwing us off guard. This is just speculation of course.

EDIT: 39 as in 39 Brawl characters

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^ Actually, there are 40 spaces. You are right about the 11 missing spaces. That one sunset spot and the one spot on top of the Statue (of Liberty) that interest me the most.
NeoGAF seems to think that Namdai stole the SSB4 engine to make its own crossover fighting game, and that's what the site is for.

Let's step back a minute and think about the hundreds of reasons that that can't and won't happen.
Because this isn't as complex as the JFK Assassination...

...although I do believe that aquatic being on the bottom right may have been involved in it! :psycho:

Edit: I think my friends and smash bros. in SoCal/those going to Comic-Con might be interested in this.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ M.K
Woaw, that makes a lot of sense. That's a good read my friend.

But what would the bottom say=??? Cow, aquarium, aquatic creature=??? Maybe it's the release year=??? Moo thousand circle circle circle=??? :laugh:
horse carriage, you say?

Carry on, my wayward steed, for we shall ascend to the skies of liberty, tasting the sweet dates of the Earth, before plunging to to the bottom of the unknown sea.

.....OK, I have no Idea what the f*** it is.
...vatti, I freaking love you bro. No homo, all incest. *goes to find a sibling* :awesome:
why get a lover when you can have your brother=???
why get a blister when you got yo sistah=???

aba1

Smash Apprentice
all-star battle. 1 day remains.
I didn't believe it at first but this recent update confirms it. The japanese are trying to warn us of an impending attack. The all star battle refers to a war waged upon the 50 states represented by stars on the american flag. The missing statue of liberty signifies their first target. The country's main export is dates ( figs, giant raisins?) and they wont stop with complete domination of the surface world. No... Next is the underwater city of atlantis. They will ride on horseback to the depths of the ocean floor killing every cepholopod in site. (is cepholopod the right word for octopi and squid?) gaining favor with the ancient god poseidon (btw poseidon invented the horse and horse carriage). As poseidon is displeased with the atlantians getting all up in his domain.
captain falcon!!!!!!

The top pictures could be read "Arriving Liberty's Date" aka "On July 4th".
My mind would explode if the game was secretly done and they were releasing it with this secret message.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
By "Arriving Liberty Date," I think it would mean as in the site is arriving tomorrow, which is the American Independence Day (as well as my brother's birthday!). :laugh:

I think the cow nose might represent smell, the sun might represent a bright future, the aquarium might represent seeing, and that aquatic creature might be the unknown.

aba1

Smash Apprentice
I tried extracting and dissecting the swf but they didn't embed them images so I couldn't find out what was missing I get the impression they are manually updating the file regularly which surprises me but I suppose it is to stop people like me from finding more than they want.

edit: I just went through the scripts but there really wasn't anything interesting.

NickSF93

Smash Cadet
Out of general curiosity roamed the images on sakurais twitter, mainly to see if he takes pictures of like...

Horses(cows?)... Aquariums.... yknow... the works.
there isnt anything remotely similar to these pictures.

so damnit.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^ Yeah, actually I think you are right. It doesn't look a cow nose. I've never seen a cow with that big-looking of a nose before! :laugh:

I see them every day (since there are farmers around where I live), so I should know! :chuckle:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Here's another translation of the bottom row of that picturerama thing I just came up with!!!

Snout (Smell?)
Sun
Biology
???? (I am unsure what that could be) F?

Super Smash Bros. Fray=???? Fight=??? F**ing Mindgames=??? :chuckle:

Also, this post made me laugh! :grin:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^ Really=??? o.O I don't mean to come across as an Inquisition or a sarcastic jerk, but I am curious as to how you know that=???

Also, this picture is required...

t-minus 20 hours... ENGAGE!!! :grin:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think we should have a hype party in this thread mah smash brothahs!!!

Even if it isn't smash-related, at least it's something to use as an excuse to have some fun on here! :grin:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yeah, I've seen quite a few myself and I enjoy watching them, but for some reason, I never catch any ones involving the ocean on television. I don't know why. :(

Also, I wikipedia'd what you said (the species being Nautilus), and it matches. I'm not surprised that they live in the Indo-Pacific seas, which surrounds the Japanese isles.

So if it really stands for "SSB" and the Nautilus stands for an "N," then what could the title be (if it is the title)=???

Super Smash Bros... Never Say Die? Nonstop? Notion? Namco? Name? None? KNEE!!! Nagasaki? Steve Nash? Note? Nag? Nab? Negative? (and Positive?) Nations? Nasty?

(God I hate that I love the need to have to stick with my crackpot theories, because I can't prove any of this crazy conspiracy theory crap) :joyful:

NickSF93

Smash Cadet
The fact that people still have hopes absolutely astonishes me. I thought I did a pretty good job of removing any shred of optimism from this board singlehandedly.
Im excited for this regardless of whether or not its smash.

I would accept a bad travel game.

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

Speaking of documentaries, I was watching one on I believe was the Sci-Fi (That "Syfy name is a load of ****, it's Sci-Fi) that had Morgan Freeman as the narrator. Man how great would it be if Morgan Freeman was in smash? He would just persuade you to stop fighting and you win.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so the "Arriving Liberty's Date" thing is too perfect. That said, I don't see why they would tell us that when we already knew when it was coming.

As for the potential row that says "SSB_", let's look at some things relating to the nautilus:
(Copied from Wikipedia because I'm lazy. Credit goes to whoever wrote that part of the article.)

Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Mollusca
Class: Cephalopoda
Subclass: Nautiloidea
Order: Nautilida
Superfamily: Nautilaceae
Family: Nautilidae

So, on top of potentially being SSBN, it could also be SSBA, SSBM, and SSBC.
SSBA: Super Smash Bros. All-Stars, perhaps?
SSBM: Melee remake confirmed.
SSBC: Super Smash Bros. Clash?
And then all of John's guesses relating to SSBN.

Just my take on it.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I really hope this turns out to be Smash-related. Even if we don't get any real news it'll be satisfying to see all the naysayers eat their words. :smirk:

Especially considering they're gonna have a field day if it isn't.
Yeah, I know how you work. WHAT'S UP.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Kirbunny431
Super Smash Bros. Clash, Conflict, and Cross are very possible titles. They all kinda just "fit."
Speaking of documentaries, I was watching one on I believe was the Sci-Fi (That "Syfy name is a load of ****, it's Sci-Fi) that had Morgan Freeman as the narrator. Man how great would it be if Morgan Freeman was in smash? He would just persuade you to stop fighting and you win.
[COLLAPSE="If Morgan Freeman what the Smash Bros. announcer..."]Morgan Freeman: "Piiiit!!!"
You: "AWESOME!!!!"
Morgan Freeman: "You sure you want to play as Pit?"
You: "Huh?"
Morgan Freeman: "I mean, Meta Knight has more offensive power and flies farther."
You: "Umm."
Morgan Freeman: "Just consider it. I mean, I am Red God Morgan Freeman."
You: "Uhhh..."
*selects Meta Knight*
Meta Knight: "EEEYYYUUMMMM BATTTMMWWWWAAANNNN!!!"
Morgan Freeman: "Hello Mr. Wayne."
You: "WHATTTT!?!?!?"
Little Jon: "WWWHHHAAAATTTTT!?!?!?"
You: "Okayyyyy..."
Little John: "OKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAYYYYEEEEHHHHH!!! YYYEEEEAAAAHHHHHHHHHYYYYYUUUUUHHHHH!!!"
You: "WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO SMASH BROTTTHHHHAAAHHHHHSSSS!?!?!?"
Iwata: *laughs*
Snoop Dogg: "Yo dawgs iz dis Tekken Tag Tournament 2?"[/COLLAPSE]

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I doubt it'd be Cross as Brawl is called X (but oddly never pronounced as Cross) in Japan.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Yep, 1 more day until the massive disappointment. :p

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I will be lurking around to collect all of your tears.

Though honestly, I'm thinking it might be Smash Bros. considering Namco KNOWS that people are going to think it is that, and they would probably be afraid of the rage/disappoint of everyone when they find out it is Nautilus Horse Carriage Adventure Through the Aquarium of Dates to The Statue of Liberty: Nose Edition.

Although, they could be milking the fact that we think its something else and thus we are all hooked on hitting the site and seeing what it is. But really, would they do that to us? :awesome:

Eternal phoenix Fire, you need to get premium so you can capitalize Phoenix in your name. >__> It bugs me. I mean, Eternal is capitalized... you got the big F on Fire... why not capitalize freaking PHOENIX?! DX

I will be lurking around to collect all of your tears.

Though honestly, I'm thinking it might be Smash Bros. considering Namco KNOWS that people are going to think it is that, and they would probably be afraid of the rage/disappoint of everyone when they find out it is Nautilus Horse Carriage Adventure Through the Aquarium of Dates to The Statue of Liberty: Nose Edition.

Although, they could be milking the fact that we think its something else and thus we are all hooked on hitting the site and seeing what it is. But really, would they do that to us? :awesome:

Eternal phoenix Fire, you need to get premium so you can capitalize Phoenix in your name. >__> It bugs me. I mean, Eternal is capitalized... you got the big F on Fire... why not capitalize freaking PHOENIX?! DX
I'm gonna keep it that way. It's been that way since I signed up so im stuck with it.

Premium? Why in the hell would I spend money on this website? lmao

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Haha I can't argue with that, I was just messing with ya. But seriously, it does bug me. :laugh:

M.K

Level 55
Thing is, if it wasn't Smash Bros, I seriously doubt that most Gaming news outlets would come to the same conclusion that it WAS Smash Bros.. For example, My Nintendo News (in their first article) speculated it was about Smash Bros, IGN speculated it was about Smash Bros., and through a Twitter search, about 4 other news sources speculated it was about Smash Bros.

From what I've learned in the Pokemon community (I am a mod of the Poke Center), news outlets have definite connections to the inside and get information first. Serebii Joe from Serebii.net confirmed the final evolutions of the Gen V starters before anybody else and has also waited to announce information he had until Game Freak confirmed it officially.

Basically, if it wasn't about Smash Bros, Namco got a **** ton of news sources giving false or misleading information, and they're hurting themselves if it's anything but. People are either going to be 1) Disinterested because it's not Smash Bros. or 2) Pissed because it's not Smash Bros.. Not sure anyone is going to go "WOW! I totally expected Smash Bros, but this is cooler!". Not with a franchise that has been so well-established.

Top Bottom