• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Washington Melee thread

Gasai

Smash Rookie
Hey i'm a relatively new player in Seattle WA. Anyone trying to meet up and practice or something? I made that sound kinda sketchy and weird....

Tachion

Smash Rookie
I barely post, but hi all. What Friday meets go on in the Seattle area? All I find seem to happen on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.

Last edited:

Haaaaadoken

Smash Cadet
I barely post, but hi all. What Friday meets go on in the Seattle area? All I find seem to happen on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.
Sorry for late reply aha EVO was too good. Fridays usually mean Tuk House fest in Tukwila and Monster Gaming holds some tournaments on Fridays too. Always just try to check facebook to see whats up.

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
Heyy I'm here for my yearly visit to ask if you guys know anyone who lives in or very near Moses Lake. I know Spruce Lee. We're pretty desperate for players here.

Haaaaadoken

Smash Cadet
Who's trying to play some smash in the Tacoma area? New to the community and trying to get better
ROFL that name is perfect.

If you haven't been exposed to our facebook group where most of the smash organization takes place you can check it out here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/245900615456533/

While talking Tacoma specifically, I know there are some fests held on occasion and there is Super Smash Games (aka SSG) ! A retro video game store that also holds local tournaments every other week and also hold fests every Tuesday iirc these are pretty cheap to enter and give you tons of experience playing other players. I've only been to one (I live in Renton) and it was a pretty fun experience! The Tacoma dudes are homies!

Here is the link for the next SSG: https://www.facebook.com/events/1619120491691244/

Good luck and hopefully see you at future tournaments!~!

zzzlaxx253

Smash Rookie
No but I was thinking about driving over one of these days don't know when the next tourney is tho.
Just went to the last one with some of my more experienced friends and it was great their was a good turn out and they were streaming check the facebook because they alternate between games played at the tourneys but if you whanna play sometime i got a good circle of players going for practice days and fest's

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
i host the SSG tourneys, next event is on the first, its project m singles + all star singles on the first of september. if you dont know what the next event is just check the store facebook page, i always post the events there

Last edited:

sn0w75

Smash Rookie
Been a minute, Wudup WA
Hi all.
I learned of the Melee community last year, and have been eyeing it ever since.

I'm at the point where I'm very excited about what's going on, and am considering jumping in myself. I've joined the New World Order FB group, and I've seen the upcoming tournaments list...Still, I'm a little unsure where to start.

I live in Sammamish...Could probably get a reasonable setup going at my place within a few weeks, but before I start inviting strangers over to my place...Does anyone have recommendations on tournaments or other events to attend for starters?

(If you think this post is best moved into the FB group, just let me know!)

Last edited:

Haaaaadoken

Smash Cadet
Hi all.

I'm at the point where I'm very excited about what's going on, and am considering jumping in myself. I've joined the New World Order FB group, and I've seen the upcoming tournaments list...Still, I'm a little unsure where to start.

I live in Sammamish...Could probably get a reasonable setup going at my place within a few weeks, but before I start inviting strangers over to my place...Does anyone have recommendations on tournaments or other events to attend for starters?

You'd probably get more answers if asked on Facebook but the Gamecluck's weeklies are super inviting as well as the Epg weeklies happening in Renton. Both are really cool and great places to start!

zzzlaxx253

Smash Rookie
So im pretty stoked guys my birthdays on the 9th and im loosely trying to organize a event/ fest / smash-bq ill post again and on the facebook group if i go threw with it.

Big Pookie

Smash Apprentice
Hi all.

There is also the eastside smash group - and there are usually a fest or two every week in the issaquah area, feel free to check it out

https://www.facebook.com/groups/410017495853358/

xezuru

Smash Rookie
Whoa, got super busy between my last post, anyone familiar with the epg house have any info on parking/carpool options? Been meaning to go down there and get whoomped but haven't been able to free up. My gameplay is basic as **** so hopefully I'll be able to learn from the beatings shrug.

jmlee337

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
LEE#337
Whoa, got super busy between my last post, anyone familiar with the epg house have any info on parking/carpool options? Been meaning to go down there and get whoomped but haven't been able to free up. My gameplay is basic as **** so hopefully I'll be able to learn from the beatings shrug.
Check the facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/245900615456533/
Everything ePG can also be found on their page: https://www.facebook.com/EpeenGaming

Does the same locale from your older post still apply? You could also check out the Smash clubs at SU and UW

Last edited:

Wauve

Smash Rookie
Who here lives in Kitsap County and wants a bigger scene here so you don't have to drive across the Tacoma Narrows bridge? I know I do. I'm willing to try to start up a group in bremerton or silverdale.

Last edited:

BizzCanadian

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post this in so sorry if it isn't but I've been wanting to attend a local or really any Melee tournament for a while now and get into the scene more since Competitive Melee just looks so awesome and flashy and shiz XD

I'm from Vancouver, WA (Ignore the "Canadian" bit, I'm actually American.) and I was wondering if anyone knows if there's any tournaments or scenes or whatever you'd call it near enough to me. Thanks in advance.

TheGoodBeaver

Smash Rookie
Hey all! I'm a new player from the Everett area. If there's anyone out there in the Smokey point through Seattle area that wants to be practice partners, hit me up!

Profane

Smash Rookie
Guys PLEASE tell me that Cowlitz county / Longview area isn't this dead for smash. There's so much venue space available here and I know some players are lurking around. Hit me up, let's run a tournament. I need some maylay baybay

Misch

Smash Rookie
Just wanted to stop into this thread and say hello! I'm Carlin. I just moved to Seattle from North Dakota, so this whole having a smash scene thing is pretty neat. Smash and booze are two best ways I can think of to meet people, so I'll be seeing some of you at weeklies starting tomorrow! (Plan on going to the HiFi place!) I also live in Belltown if anyone lives real close to there and wants to smash!

BTW, is there a discord or a slack or something similar, or is most everything on the facebook group? https://www.facebook.com/groups/245900615456533/

Thanks.

Profane

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, threads dead as fk but I figure I'd spread the word anywhere I can.

For a couple months we've been hosting melee weeklies at DCP Hobbies down in Longview WA on Saturdays. We're having one this saturday 3/18, Project M at 4:00 and Melee at 5:00 PM. I hope some bored people from the area read this and decide to turn out.

Links to longview smash with tourney info:
https://m.facebook.com/groups/911508262315235?tsid=0.7573777555985102&source=typeahead

DCP Hobbies Page:
https://m.facebook.com/DCPHobbies/?tsid=0.33083331094108726&source=typeahead

Venue fee $3 Melee/PM $3 each

ShotofCyanide

Smash Rookie
Just wanted to stop into this thread and say hello! I'm Carlin. I just moved to Seattle from North Dakota, so this whole having a smash scene thing is pretty neat. Smash and booze are two best ways I can think of to meet people, so I'll be seeing some of you at weeklies starting tomorrow! (Plan on going to the HiFi place!) I also live in Belltown if anyone lives real close to there and wants to smash!

BTW, is there a discord or a slack or something similar, or is most everything on the facebook group? https://www.facebook.com/groups/245900615456533/

Thanks.
I just moved to ND so I know what you mean by "having a smash scene". I need help my guy. You wouldn't happen to know any smashers in the Dickinson or Bismarck area?

Top Bottom