• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Washington Melee thread

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
Hello Washington! A car of 3 to 5 Idaho players is going to be coming to the Gameclucks on October 5th. We will be arriving the night of the 4th and are planning on driving back through the night after the tournament. I know I said we were planning on going last month but things happened and it did not work out. It is 95%/definitely happening this month and we would be super grateful if anyone could let us sleep on their couches/floors.

Get wrecked?

FunRock

Smash Rookie
I'm new to Seattle, U-district specifically. Does anyone want to play melee?
I do if you're ever down to play. UW is starting their semester soon and I know some people play there as well. LMK if you ever want to get some games in

ThePrime

Smash Lord
Yo im gonna talk to hotwasabi and see if hes down to have people smash at his dorm on uw, hes in poplar i think. From the looks of it we might have to invade some lounges in the dorms cuz we might be getting big fests for these.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
dude... UW dorm fests? not gonna lie. If they get big enough I might have to come visit and drop by the dorms on a friday or something, for old times' sake.

karthe22

Smash Rookie
Hi guys. I recently moved to Capitol Hill and I'm down to smash. Let me know where you at

unknown522

Some guy
Washington scene, thank you very much for your hospitality this past week! The Tuk house was awesome and I would love to come kick it with you all again!

Shoutouts to:
- Otto. Thank you so much for offering a place to stay for a whole week. I had a lot of fun hanging out with you and trying out new games and stuff. Without your hospitality, I wouldn't have been able to attend both Canada Cup and Gameclucks. Good games both friendlies and tourney matches. Also thanks for the advice and teaching me some cool stuff. Those walks outside were crazy as well and quite the experience. I am about to start reading Bakuman once I catch up with other stuff. I look forward to kickin' it with you again.

- Teddy. Thank you so much for the ride from Canada cup to the Tuk. I had a great time hanging and chatting with you throughout the time I was there, though it would've been great if we were able to hang/play more at the time. Regardless, I appreciate that you took time out of your busy schedule to come and hang out, and also your efforts to help out the community and keeping the Gamuclucks bracket organized. Playing the pokemon game on the ride back from CC was fun with you guys as well. You are also a very cool dude, and I look forward to hanging out again.

- Jess. You are such a cool dude and very easy to talk to. Those walks to safeway were crazy! I don't know how you walk so fast up hills that are that steep. I was amazed every time. Those pumpkin chocolate chip cookies from there were godlike as well. Also thanks a lot of offering me food a bunch of times.
I also think that I played smash with you the most over the week. I learned some pretty cool stuff from playing with you that I need to add to my game. It was also very entertaining watching you play all those PR sets vs people. You definitely have the potential to make it far up there. I want to see it happen! Thanks so much for making the week even more enjoyable!

- Andy. You are also really cool dude and it was great to see you after almost 2 years. I enjoyed hanging with you and also playing a ton of smash. I think we played the second most after Jess, though I didn't end up playing Fox vs Samus. I was actually going to ask you on the last 2 days, but I don't think I played any smash at all after GC. Thank you for being very hospitable as well, making us food, and offering your room sometimes to let people crash. The conversations we had throughout the week were really chill, and I learned a lot of random facts which is always neat. Looking forward to next time. Also get on that Mirai Nikki dude!

- Ben. Another cool dude. Thanks so much for the rides everywhere. Red Robin, and pancake chef were tight! Even though you didn't play melee I really appreciate that you hung out and gave people rides and such. Unfortunately I didn’t get to play you in PM with my falco as you requested. Another time man.

- Toby. He’s a member of the Tuk house, so I definitely had to give him a shoutout. What an adorable dog

- Evan. Great hanging with you. I must look up your vids of Ratchet and Clank. The way you described the run sounds crazy. We didn’t play much melee, or our fated match, but I really enjoyed your company, doing other stuff. I hope you enjoy the eggs in the fridge, lol. See you next time.

- Teran. A pleasure to meet you. You are also very easy to talk to. I also love your trash talk and your humor is great. GGs in PM, your lucas is pretty good. Until next time dude.

- Ciz. Great to finally meet the face behind the player. We didn’t get to play at all though I really wanted to. Thanks for the rides to chipotle, and dropping by when you could.

- Charles. Everyone was building up how much of a chill guy you are. You definitely lived up to it. It was nice meeting you briefly, and I would live to kick it again.

- Peter. Great meeting you. I had fun hanging at the Mongolian place with you guys. Unfortunately I just ate before I went with you, so I didn’t get to see what the food was like

- Ben’s brother (Henry?). I’m sorry that I forgot your name dude. I learned a lot of economical stuff during our brief time hanging with peter and Teran. Even though you don’t play melee it was cool that you came by.

- Blake. You’re a very cool guy. It sucks that work screwed you over for GC. The PR matches at your house were so funny. We had quite an eventful week and you also made it more enjoyable. We didn’t get to play smash at all though, but from what I saw at your house, you look pretty good and it wasn’t even your main. Next time we’ll kick it more.

- CJ. It was great meeting you. I appreciate the hospitality whenever you were around. Friday night was quite the event. I look forward to seeing you again.

- Anne. A pleasure meeting you. I also appreciate your hospitality on the days that we hung out. The puppy is so adorable and bodied Toby, lol. We didn’t get to hit up the club on Saturday though after GC. Next time for sure.

- Dank. Aww man, Thanks for making this week more enjoyable. I got to see quite a bit of GTA 5, and just kickin it in the living room was really chill. I love your welcoming attitude towards and your hospitality we great. Your music talent is also really cool. You gotta send me some of those beats dude.

- Vish. It was great seeing you after almost 2 years, if only for 1 day. I wish that someone had let you know that I was going to be in town, so that we could’ve chilled more. You’re another guy that’s easy to talk to, and you have a very positive attitude. The commercial was too funny, but on the real, congrats on getting on the surface pro 2 commercial. That is pretty big man. GGs at GC. I can’t wait to see you again.

- Kline. It was also great to meet the face behind the player and it turns out that you are apparently my twin. I appreciate the ride home from Denny’s after the adventure, lol. I also appreciate that you took the time (even though incredibly busy), to come and hang. I didn’t get to play you though :( Next time.

- Winston. I was so delightfully shocked to see you at GC man. I had a great time hanging and playing with you. Also discussing roy vs samus was fun. I would have never expected that to happen. Well, until next time dude.

- Idaho/Montana dudes. I dunno if this would even be the right place to post for you guys, but each of you were cool and very polite. I admire your dedication to getting better at Melee/PM respectively, and are willing to travel such long distances to play. Sorry that I didn’t play you guys as much as you would’ve liked, but I did have fun playing Mario Party 5 though coming in last, lol. I look forward to seeing you again.

- People that I met at gameclucks: The only name I remember is WAtofu. All you guys provided some entertaining matches. I remember a lot of faces, but I forgot names unfortunately. Thank you all for coming out and making this experience a great one. I love seeing other region’s local scenes, and it gives me a very warm feeling to see everyone hang out and play/compete. I would love to attend another GC sometime

- Last but definitely not least: Toph. Thank you so much for helping me and others to attend canada cup. If it wasn't for your organization skills, and generous sponsor I wouldn't have been able to go to both events. You even helped others to make it out as well. I also had a great time hanging out with you that weekend, and playing you for a few hours. I love that you are always very lively and come up with all these creative ideas that help us kill time during the ride back to the Tuk while being able to enjoy ourselves. Hyping up that Roy vs Samus pride match vs Andy was really funny, though I really wanted to win that, lol. Unfortunately, I didn’t get to do the pichu vs Evan’s marth that you were hyping up. We talked about it even after you left and were down to record, but it just didn’t’ happen. I started reading some of the mangas that you recommended to me, like OnePunch-Man. Anyways, everything you have done, and all your efforts will not be forgotten and I look forward to seeing you again!
Edit: Oh yeah, our discussion about falco at Canada Cup was too funny dude.

vadgama

Smash Journeyman
Just fyi for any that don't know. GameClucks hosts an event/tourney for melee/brawl

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When: First Saturday of the Month
Where: GameClucks
Time: Noon sign in, 1pm 2v2 start, 3pm 1v1 start

Entry Fee: $5 Venue, $10 1v1′s, $5 2v2′s

Prizes:
11 or Less Entries: 1st 70%, 2nd 30%
12 or More Entries: 1st 65%, 2nd 25%, 3rd 10%
We run Melee and Brawl 1v1 and 2v2 (6 or more teams to run this bracket)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also does anyone live in the Redmond area? I'd love to have a sparring partner.

WheelerFGC

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ocarinasonwheels
3DS FC
2020-0089-8969
Switch FC
8390-7649-9691
I am a Wenatchee Smash player. I used to play Melee a lot. Does anyone know if there is a P:M group for Washington?
P.S. I still love Melee, but I don't have a gamecube to play it on. So, I would still be happy to join the group.

Hawt Salsa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
illuminati
3DS FC
0666-0420-1337

WheelerFGC

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ocarinasonwheels
3DS FC
2020-0089-8969
Switch FC
8390-7649-9691
does the Washington scene have any more "local" gatherings?

WheelerFGC

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ocarinasonwheels
3DS FC
2020-0089-8969
Switch FC
8390-7649-9691
Moses lake is closer for me (about an hour) but is there anything around towns like Chelan, Yakama, and even Cashmere?

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
Common Yoshi lives in Wenatchee I think, I don't really know the smashers in the area since I moved here relatively recently.

Top Bottom