• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Washington Melee thread

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i was planning on coming and then i got scheduled in the evening... T-T

I've had several Saturday's off and now I have an itty bitty 4 hour shift stopping me from heading up

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
whooooaaa wassup MOOSE!!

there's plenty of melee in seattle. the two smash hubs are SW's place (Tuk House) and Vish/Ciz/Kaos's place (Lake City House), with fests down south in Tacoma on Wednesdays as well.

I live in Norcal now but I'll prob come up a few times so I'll see you at the locals (which are pretty big, usually 30-35 people)

edit: also you should join the Washington Melee facebook group. search "Washington New World Order of Melee" on Facebook

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
wait a second, tacoma on wednesdays, since when

and how the hell have i not heard of this if i live in tacoma :V:V:V:V:V:V:V:

Moooose

Smash Champion
whooooaaa wassup MOOSE!!

there's plenty of melee in seattle. the two smash hubs are SW's place (Tuk House) and Vish/Ciz/Kaos's place (Lake City House), with fests down south in Tacoma on Wednesdays as well.

I live in Norcal now but I'll prob come up a few times so I'll see you at the locals (which are pretty big, usually 30-35 people)

edit: also you should join the Washington Melee facebook group. search "Washington New World Order of Melee" on Facebook
sick dude. lol i saw that group but had no idea if that was actually melee

down to play with moose
sweet!

Moooose

Smash Champion
i guess it disappeared when we switched to the new forum.
how active is washington melee? and how often are there tournaments?

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
super active lol. and yeah tournaments are monthly. there are also tournaments in Portland, OR and Vancouver, BC (each 3 hours away) on non-coinciding dates though. there was a time period when I'd go to a tournament almost every weekend of the month

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
What if the matches were all transformed into recordings from the Ring, and Meta is just taking one for the team? C'mon guys, lets give him the benefit of the doubt. Thanks, Meta.

Dead Punk

Smash Rookie
Hey Guys,

I'll be getting back to Bellingham after a year in France next week. I was wondering if there were going to be an open smashfests then. I really got the hunger for competitive play in France, having stayed with Salepate, Willy, Fauster, and Bseed. If you don't know them, thats okay, but there are france's best players. I'm not great, however I really, really want to get into the scene, having recently realized that smash has been part of my life since it came out. Anyway, I was just trying to get some information (and being new to smashboards doesn't help when thread hunting) so that I could jump in as soon as possible.

If SilentWolf reads this:

Salepate is giving you a shout-out...from across the pond.

Thanks y'all!

Paff

Smash Journeyman
So I got a hankering to watch some Melee yesterday, went to YouTube, and ended up stumbling upon stream recordings of Toph doing really well in Canada somewhere. So that was cool.

Also I'll be back in America for good starting in late December/early January, but I'll be living in Portland.

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
Are there ever any tournaments held in the Tacoma area?

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
yes, theres one on the 27th iirc, check on the facebook group

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC