• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Ultimate “Who was that?” Player-Finder thread

Haden

If life is so fair, why do roses have thorns?
If you want to get reported, sure. I make sure to report any and all tea baggers. Don't take that as me being salty, because the way I see it is if you tea bag someone, they mentally got to you, and I personally love it now. It tells me I did something right.
This is a joke, right? You actually report people for t bagging? I thought you said that people t bag because you got into their head.... then why is it that you have to report them and make posts about it? You have low selfesteem and bad sportsmanship if you can't handle someone pressing down on the stick a few times,

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
If you want to get reported, sure. I make sure to report any and all tea baggers. Don't take that as me being salty, because the way I see it is if you tea bag someone, they mentally got to you, and I personally love it now. It tells me I did something right.
What a sore loser lmfao. We all lose and get teabagged. Suck it up and move on. Sometimes I just teabag with them for fun.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I mean, you're wasting time reporting someone who t bags. Nothing is going to be done about it. I don't t bag when I get got, I t bag when my opponent gets got. T bagging tilts players, mentally speaking, even more so in bracket in a competitive offline environment. The person doing the t bagging is the one getting into your head. I mean, you made a post about it, so it obviously worked.
I know my own mind, and being tea bagged didn't get me tilted. I used to get upset about it and let it get to me, but I've seen it all differently since. I mean, if the player wanted to try upsetting me, she should have tried during the match, not after the match was over. So clearly, she had a problem with how I played, and for that, I take great pleasure. I'd be careful about the word "obviously", since most things deemed obvious or self-evident are things that which haven't been critically examined.

Haden Haden
I didn't report her. I laughed about it and felt I should tell people instead. Calling out people may just be better and more enjoyable. As for my self-esteem, it's fine. You might want to contact the Zelda player, though. Why tea bag a stranger? My guess is she didn't like how I played. But this is interesting that three individuals feel the need to defend a stranger. I hope I didn't upset anyone.

RealPokeFan11 RealPokeFan11
Tell me about it. People who tea bag because they don't like how their opponent plays clearly has issues.

Last edited:

Haden

If life is so fair, why do roses have thorns?
I know my own mind, and being tea bagged didn't get me tilted. I used to get upset about it and let it get to me, but I've seen it all differently since. I mean, if the player wanted to try upsetting me, she should have tried during the match, not after the match was over. So clearly, she had a problem with how I played, and for that, I take great pleasure. I'd be careful about the word "obviously", since most things deemed obvious or self-evident are things that which haven't been critically examined.

I've critically examined your post and recognized that you completely take t bagging out of hand. It's a mental gimmick people use in almost EVERY game that has a way to perform it. Even FPS games and some platformers and sandbox games have players t bagging eachother.

If it isn't such a mental tilt for you, you wouldn't feel the need to report it as tho anything would ever be done about it to begin with. You also wouldn't needed to vent on a forums naming players for the sake of shaming them because they beat you and t bagged for a victory dance.

I'm muting this thread because the salt is real .-. I don't want more notifications from it. Your signature is fitting.

Last edited:

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I've critically examined your post and recognized that you completely take t bagging out of hand. It's a mental gimmick people use in almost EVERY game that has a way to perform it. Even FPS games and some platformers and sandbox games have players t bagging eachother.

If it isn't such a mental tilt for you, you wouldn't feel the need to report it as tho anything would ever be done about it to begin with. You also wouldn't needed to vent on a forums naming players for the sake of shaming them because they beat you and t bagged for a victory dance.

I'm muting this thread because the salt is real .-. I don't want more notifications from it.
I didn't report anyone, especially her. I'm also not venting. Tell me, are you psychic? I personally don't believe in the paranormal, but you act like you know what's going on in my head. Well, bye.

~?~

The Strangest Link Main
I didn't report anyone, especially her. I'm also not venting. Tell me, are you psychic? I personally don't believe in the paranormal, but you act like you know what's going on in my head. Well, bye.
Oh? You don't report anyone? Wait a moment.... you just said a few posts ago *clears throught*, and I quote:

Now, one of these 2 quotes has to be a lie, which is it?

To be frank, you shouldn't be shackling a players name on a public forums because they wiggled their stick on their controller. You could have left it at "I don't like that they t bag" instead of bringing it down way lower than it needed to be and insulting them as tho they are some type of anti-hero in need of flogging.

Anyway, I'm done here.

Last edited:

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Oh? You don't report anyone? Wait a moment.... you just said a few posts ago *clears throught*, and I quote:

Now, one of these 2 quotes has to be a lie, which is it?

To be frank, you shouldn't be shackling a players name on a public forums because they wiggled their stick on their controller. You could have left it at "I don't like that they t bag" instead of bringing it down way lower than it needed to be and insulting them as tho they are some type of anti-hero in need of flogging.

Anyway, I'm done here.
No lie. I have reported tea baggers, but it seems people get worked up over that. I'm hoping the player visits this site, but that's all it is. Even if I didn't mention her name here, it wouldn't matter. Two players know who this person is and are actually happy I said something. If it's not SmashBoards, it's Twitter.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I even teabag in one player games lol. It's just funny to me. Ever since one time in warcraft someone killed me and fried an egg on my corpse I've pretty much been a good sport with taunting. And since they removes taunting from online smash (dumb decision) there's not much I can do to communicate HA HA. Which is absolutely necessary. Straddling the ledge is funny too especially if they're fixin to get 3'd. Or sd'd. :D

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
I used to play splitscreen Halo 3 and Reach with friends a lot. Can't remember which game, but we kept teabagging and double teabagging them on kills and one guy kept yelling in his mic from the other team "Don't teabag if you're not good". We doubled down on it even though we were losing and eventually lost. I think the guys who won were more upset than we were.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Imagine being mad about t bagging rofl, just get better. When you are good and ppl t bag you its not really a bother :)

Rran

Smash Apprentice
Had some fun in Arena with a KRool named Mazin (i thiiiiiink... ?). Nothing particularly noteworthy, but a solid string of online matches w/ a good sport opponent kinda stands out in Ultimate :p

EDIT: fwiw, I'm not a fan of t-bagging...I dunno, it just seems like poor sportsmanship. But I guess the flipside to that is that there's no greater victory than beating an opponent who prematurely t-bags lol

Last edited:

Ez Quinn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EZ Quinn
3DS FC
2810-2492-6140
Switch FC
8449-9291-0216
to the ness who got gimped by the last possible frame of my ivysaurs fair offstage, proceeding to hit your up special before you could use it........I’m sorry not sorry, but regardless you fought well!

alh1193

Smash Cadet
NNID
haynes93
Switch FC
SW-1775-7406-8205
Shout out to the peach player named ay jae. Played about 10 games and i only got the 1 win with my falcon. Helped me learn the matchup tho ggs.

C7colours

Smash Rookie
I fought a couple of really good players last night (at least compared to me). I fought a Falco player named Jon that played seriously well. There was also a Chrom player named C7colours that forced me to change my approach with Young Link. I have to say, thank you guys for awesome battles last night.

Also sorry about the lag. It was my first time on Smash Online and I wanted to see if my current internet could handle it. As it turns out, my internet isn't exactly great for Smash Bros. It was also my first time playing in lag when I've been spending the past five months playing offline exclusively, which is a bit of a change to learn. I also learned that I need to learn how to edgeguard.
Thanks for the matches!

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
To anyone who i've played against, my tag is Richard 89. If i self destruct at the beginning or sometime during our one-time match. it has to do with irl issues that arise at the time, indicating i cannot continue and have to leave til next time.

Last edited:

~?~

The Strangest Link Main
To anyone who i've played against, my tag is Richard 89. If i self destruct at the beginning or sometime during our one-time match. it has to do with irl issues that arise at the time, indicating i cannot continue and have to leave til next time.
I feel ya'. I have a thumb splint on my right thumb because my thumb is broken at the tip. Sometimes when I press Y on my controller, the splint rubs against the X button (which I have mapped to Grab command) so I accidentally air dodge and SD. Comes off in less than 2 weeks tho so that will be coming to an end.

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
I feel ya'. I have a thumb splint on my right thumb because my thumb is broken at the tip. Sometimes when I press Y on my controller, the splint rubs against the X button (which I have mapped to Grab command) so I accidentally air dodge and SD. Comes off in less than 2 weeks tho so that will be coming to an end.
Well, what i meant is when i get tasked with taking dogs out or anything like that. But i'd like to ask how you broke your thumb tip, also i know this isn't the thread to ask something like that tbh.

~?~

The Strangest Link Main
Well, what i meant is when i get tasked with taking dogs out or anything like that. But i'd like to ask how you broke your thumb tip, also i know this isn't the thread to ask something like that tbh.
We have eagles here and we live near the water port where boaters cast nets and one of the younger eagles got its talons trapped in one of the hanging nets so I went to help release it and it bit down on my thumb and I guess it clamped onto the right spot and the right angle and broke it. Was one of those wtf moments. I cussed that eagle out so hard.

DCavalier

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cavalierredeyes
Switch FC
SW 5638 2481 3507
We have eagles here and we live near the water port where boaters cast nets and one of the younger eagles got its talons trapped in one of the hanging nets so I went to help release it and it bit down on my thumb and I guess it clamped onto the right spot and the right angle and broke it. Was one of those wtf moments. I cussed that eagle out so hard.
That will make a great story in the future, you might tell your grandkids.
"Have I told about that time an Eagle tried to eat me ?".

Shoutouts to a player with tag NaCl had a really good Ike/Lucina/Chrom can't really remember which FE Swordie but dude was good and kept beating my Shulk.

Would like to play again since coming across a player that has that skill online in an actual playable match is rare.

DatGanonDoe

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3669-2463-7192
My handle is Gantelope and I only play Ganon.

Lotsa people to shout out for being good players who put positive vibes out in the world:

Hotdog, Ace, DaTrooKing, Hands, Hi, Riyoxas, SylveJon,

But extra special shoutout to PoisonSky. You were totally right that I was getting frustrated cause I couldn't beat your Ness, but it wasn't ruining my night or anything. I understood and respected you deescalating the situation (by jumping on my head you loveable scamp), but I was looking to be a little edgy, which is why I SD'd and fought someone else. Keep putting out that positivity though, cause it really means a lot to some of us.

Happy smashing everybody!

edit: Also, to everyone who gets mad at taunting/teabagging, I don't know your exact situations, but at least consider that the other person might be saying something positive when they taunt/teabag. I and many people I see use it to pass each other compliments. I'm not making fun of you, I'm saying "great hit" or "I'm having a blast" or something

Last edited:

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
edit: Also, to everyone who gets mad at taunting/teabagging, I don't know your exact situations, but at least consider that the other person might be saying something positive when they taunt/teabag. I and many people I see use it to pass each other compliments. I'm not making fun of you, I'm saying "great hit" or "I'm having a blast" or something
Not that it matters if someone is teabagging all that much, but this just simply isn't true. Sure, some people will do this to send positive messages to close friends they know. It can be hard communicate to a friend online in a Nintendo game unless you're in a discord lobby or something similar with them.

The thing is, teabagging has existed as a method of taunting online for at least a decade (probably much longer), so everyone knows what a stranger is saying to them when they are teabagging them in a videogame, and those who don't know are either under the age of five or have been living under a rock larger than the Earth itself for quite some time. Next to nobody is teabagging as means of saying something positive to an individual they just met online. It's stupid to think the message they're conveying can be interpreted as a positive message.

Love Tap

Smash Cadet
It's time to express some salt. There is a Samus player that goes by "puff" who kicks me out of all of his arenas (they're usually titled "real n*ggas only" lol) I joined his arena completely wasted and still was able to go toe to toe with him, each game was close, but he won most of them. I think I only took one game, it was the third match out of four and I taunted one time. So, he rematches for one last match, wins, then shuts the arena down. Now he won't let me join any of his arenas. I'm sorry, but for someone who titles his arena "real n*ggas only" how are you such an incredibly big man baby? I was piss drunk and my jigglypuff was giving you a run for your money - so toughen up coward.

Second, there's a zelda player in free for alls that goes by the alias brivii, who apparently couldn't handle the fact I curb stomping people and decided to teabag me for a kill that wasn't even hers. The next match, I go toe to toe with her and it seems like the other remaining person is respecting it and letting us have our 1v1, but once I started adapting to her gameplay and tacked on percent, he shamelessly came to **** block me. It turns out they're friends since they're always in the same arena together, and double ledge guarded me in the next match. I dc'd. I just want to say that you're clearly trash players and you must know that I can crush you because you chickened out of a 1v1 with me.

DatGanonDoe

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3669-2463-7192
Not that it matters if someone is teabagging all that much, but this just simply isn't true. Sure, some people will do this to send positive messages to close friends they know. It can be hard communicate to a friend online in a Nintendo game unless you're in a discord lobby or something similar with them.

The thing is, teabagging has existed as a method of taunting online for at least a decade (probably much longer), so everyone knows what a stranger is saying to them when they are teabagging them in a videogame, and those who don't know are either under the age of five or have been living under a rock larger than the Earth itself for quite some time. Next to nobody is teabagging as means of saying something positive to an individual they just met online. It's stupid to think the message they're conveying can be interpreted as a positive message.
Please try to consider that my experience might be valid. I'm not talking about doing this with friends, I'm referring to online only (with friends you just say whatever you're trying to say). I understand where you're coming from about teabagging having a traditional meaning, and we used to use taunting to communicate because teabagging is considered rude, but they removed taunting.

Now, teabagging is essentially the least aggressive action you have available to you when you're playing with somebody, so I and lots of people I've played with (whom I don't know and haven't spoken with) will use it as a kind of bow or nod.

If somebody teabags after you get a kill, my experience has been it's respectful. But we could also be in different brackets, and people definitely behave differently at different levels.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Please try to consider that my experience might be valid. I'm not talking about doing this with friends, I'm referring to online only (with friends you just say whatever you're trying to say). I understand where you're coming from about teabagging having a traditional meaning, and we used to use taunting to communicate because teabagging is considered rude, but they removed taunting.

Now, teabagging is essentially the least aggressive action you have available to you when you're playing with somebody, so I and lots of people I've played with (whom I don't know and haven't spoken with) will use it as a kind of bow or nod.

If somebody teabags after you get a kill, my experience has been it's respectful. But we could also be in different brackets, and people definitely behave differently at different levels.
I generally shift around between 3.5 and 4.5 million, and while teabagging meaning something friendly could be some regional thing I am unaware of, people always do it after kills, and almost everybody I have ever talked to whether it be on the forums or in real life interpret it as disrespect worse than any taunt that exists. You may see it that way, but truth be told, it’s a very rare view on teabagging.

Besides, there are less agressive options when it comes to relaying positive messages. Nintendo added predetermined chat messages that can relay a handful of messages. Most of them are often used to say something nice to the opposition.

Last edited:

BEASTMASTERTOAD

Smash Cadet
NNID
BEASTMASTERTOAD
It's time to express some salt. There is a Samus player that goes by "puff" who kicks me out of all of his arenas (they're usually titled "real n*ggas only" lol) I joined his arena completely wasted and still was able to go toe to toe with him, each game was close, but he won most of them. I think I only took one game, it was the third match out of four and I taunted one time. So, he rematches for one last match, wins, then shuts the arena down. Now he won't let me join any of his arenas. I'm sorry, but for someone who titles his arena "real n*ggas only" how are you such an incredibly big man baby? I was piss drunk and my jigglypuff was giving you a run for your money - so toughen up coward.

Second, there's a zelda player in free for alls that goes by the alias brivii, who apparently couldn't handle the fact I curb stomping people and decided to teabag me for a kill that wasn't even hers. The next match, I go toe to toe with her and it seems like the other remaining person is respecting it and letting us have our 1v1, but once I started adapting to her gameplay and tacked on percent, he shamelessly came to **** block me. It turns out they're friends since they're always in the same arena together, and double ledge guarded me in the next match. I dc'd. I just want to say that you're clearly trash players and you must know that I can crush you because you chickened out of a 1v1 with me.
I know exactly who you are talking about lol. I buried him a while ago and he kicks me on-sight. I think I’ve been blocked by more than a few people, since there are rooms I can see but can’t join. I think Samus tilts a lot of people who are wanting to puff their egos up with higher-tier characters.

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
VEC. A good Luigi player yet a ducker and a rage quitter. I've played this person twice, and he ran away after the first match. I ran into them again, and I was about to 2 stock them with Toon Link until they rage quitted on me.

BEASTMASTERTOAD

Smash Cadet
NNID
BEASTMASTERTOAD
VEC. A good Luigi player yet a ducker and a rage quitter. I've played this person twice, and he ran away after the first match. I ran into them again, and I was about to 2 stock them with Toon Link until they rage quitted on me.
Very frustrating behavior. I played a series of 1v1 arena battles and each person kicked me after winning once. I would expect this type of ego protection in Quickplay, but why would you try to ego **** in Battle Arenas?

Edit:
Love Tap Love Tap , I found Puff again. His BA’s are getting classier every day. Tried to fight him and predictably got kicked out again.

Attachments

Last edited:

Love Tap

Smash Cadet
Very frustrating behavior. I played a series of 1v1 arena battles and each person kicked me after winning once. I would expect this type of ego protection in Quickplay, but why would you try to ego **** in Battle Arenas?

Edit:
Love Tap Love Tap , I found Puff again. His BA’s are getting classier every day. Tried to fight him and predictably got kicked out again.
Lmao! Thank you for the sweet validation. This post made my day. Spread his shame, haha. And yeah, some. I'm blocked from a crap ton of arenas. :(

Last edited:

Molk

Smash Cadet
Just fought a Sonic named Moore with possibly the worst connection i've ever had to deal with online.

...what kind of ass do you have to be to go on ranked knowing full well your connection is *that* bad?? This was in elite so it definitely wasn't his first time online or anything.

I'm talking about a full second of input delay, screen buffering every 5 seconds or so. Felt like i was playing a slideshow

I have a wired connection and the majority of my online matches are about as smooth as a hot knife through butter, definitely wasn't on my side.

ON ANOTHER NOTE:

I'm 99% sure there is a Luigi main named VEC who occasionally goes to the same local tournies that i do, don't know him very well though :/.

C7colours

Smash Rookie
shoutout to a player named JJJ <DK> who played a ton of matches against my Piranha Plant in QP. Wish I could have played more, but I had to go GGs.

Richard & Blaziken

Smash Cadet
NNID
Richard_Blaziken
3DS FC
1547-5283-8177
Astrexi the Greninja main that had an arena that I joined, if you're reading this, we had some fun dittos. Would love to do more some time, we could learn a lot from each other.

Edit: BigFailure the Falcon, it's been fun playing against you too!

Edit2: Guess no one uses this, unfortunately. UnicornWiz, it was fun playing with you. I'm gonna have to learn how to adapt to that Wolf!

Last edited:

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
To the Builder Mario known as DeadlyDood, you had a scary good Mario. Sorry for the disconnect, as my Switch died on me. I was kinda trying to plug it in during the match, but it wasn't plugged in right.

Richard & Blaziken

Smash Cadet
NNID
Richard_Blaziken
3DS FC
1547-5283-8177
**Chris** I had a lot of fun fighting your Wolf in my arena. If only the connection was better, we could've had even better matches!

MarkushBro your Isabelle was super fun to play, glad you sent a friend request and hope to play you more!

Last edited:

Love Tap

Smash Cadet
A bit of a call out to Zanealogy: a popular arena hoster. I had ended up rage quitting because a Luigi and Mario were teaming me down to my last stock (As in, they weren't just teaming me because I was one stock ahead but because I was the premier threat) She had ended up with the position that I was being "a ***** about it" because I'm so good that I should be "able to handle it" While I'm flattered by your faith in my lowly jigglypuff, I reject this because you shouldn't be punished in fighting games simply because you're good. As the host of the arena, I believe it's your responsibility to enforce fair play. As a warning to skilled players that join her arena: if you are shamelessly teamed do not expect her to have the fortitude to take proper action, you'll just have to deal.

Last edited:

Chadmander

Smash Cadet
A bit of a call out to Zanealogy: a popular arena hoster. I had ended up rage quitting because a Luigi and Mario were teaming me down to my last stock (As in, they weren't just teaming me because I was one stock ahead but because I was the premier threat) She had ended up with the position that I was being "a ***** about it" because I'm so good that I should be "able to handle it" While I'm flattered by your faith in my lowly jigglypuff, I reject this because you shouldn't be punished in fighting games simply because you're good. As the host of the arena, I believe it's your responsibility to enforce fair play. As a warning to skilled players that join her arena: if you are shamelessly teamed do not expect her to have the fortitude to take proper action, you'll just have to deal.

That's such a shame I recall a similar situation happening to me with this person.
Its so difficult to find a good group for free for all, there's either teaming or 1 person constantly avoiding fighting and of course lag.
I've had a bit of a better time since I've started hosting my own arenas.
I actually think I've played you before!

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Good games to a person using the tag Jared who mostly played random in my lobby. I was the guy using the tag Joyjo. Good games man. Thanks for being a good sport. Ggs to anyone else who came into my lobby this morning.

As a rule, I do not kick nor close my lobby out of salt. Everything is fair game. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Love Tap

Smash Cadet
That's such a shame I recall a similar situation happening to me with this person.
Its so difficult to find a good group for free for all, there's either teaming or 1 person constantly avoiding fighting and of course lag.
I've had a bit of a better time since I've started hosting my own arenas.
I actually think I've played you before!

Late, but that's awesome. Don't be a stranger! <3

SW-8426-9257-9595

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
I fought a Black Mario named LazyDude. GG's, that the most fun I had with Falco in awhile.

Top Bottom