• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Ultimate “Who was that?” Player-Finder thread

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Mad disrespect to a Young Link player named toboggan who would roll all the way to the other side of the stage and spam projectiles like **** in Boots. I was playing a Shrek Mii Brawler, and that was utterly brain dead. Learn to fight like a man.

Last edited:

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Mad disrespect to a Young Link player named toboggan who would roll all the way to the other side of the stage and spam projectiles like **** in Boots. I was playing a Shrek Mii Brawler, and that was utterly brain dead. Learn to fight like a man.
Like...green skin and all?

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
I figured something like that. But I've never seen anyone make a Shrek mii before.

Lanny

Smash Cadet
I swear to god since Leffen started putting out videos talking up YL I've seen a severe increase in online YL/TL missile camping. Like people see some sick combo with shorthop arrows and bombs and stuff and go to do it online but shorthop arrows are too hard to aim and bombs can blow up on them and shorthop fiar is hard to input so they just sit at the edge of the stage and spam boomerang and arrows back and forth praying that that platform is somehow going to protect them from aerials.

You learn how to deal with it after a couple of people pulling that crap, but it still turns what should be a 3-4 minute match into one that regularly goes to time. Closest ultimate has brought me to spiking my controller is when a YL took me to sudden death because he played 4 minute timer and 2 stocks, he hit me with an arrow to kill immediately in SD, then had the nerve to "well played" emote at me. I usually don't even get tilted by missile spam but I could just sense how good this kid thought he was through the ether.

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Played a team battle. The stage was Jungle Japes for whatever reason, and my teammate Russell the Greninja spammed water shuriken the whole game. He eventually died. Will the Captain Falcon was spamming Falcon punch for some of the game, but at least tried. He died to the raging current at the bottom of the stage. The worst was Janks the Lemmy. He spammed cannonball the ENTIRE match from one side of the stage, and if you got close, he would side smash or abandon ship to ***** out and get to the other side. He also was the one who caused atrocious lag that would happen from time to time. I got stuck in sudden death with him, and guess what, he spammed cannonballs while the lag was kicking in. As I slowly got close to him, he caught me in a side Smash and he won. What a shame. I was Matt the Palutena, and I have two things to say to you, Janks. Fix your internet and learn how to play Lemmy properly please and thank you.

Last edited:

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Sorry if anyone played me tonight. I haven't played seriously in 2+ weeks. The rust is real.

Optihus9657

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
I am the Falco named "free" online. I apologize, my bird is dirty

Coolboy

Smash Journeyman
just a shout out to the R.O.B player i played alot with yesterday in many team matches as Daisy..still sorry that you had to deal with my mistakes at times in these matches >.< but i wanted to say you were a awesome teammate and it was fun playing with you! :D

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Anyone else see an 8 man Glorious arena put up almost daily by a guy named “Angelic”? If he loses a match, he kicks everyone in the room to get back in front. If you pick a zoner, he kicks you. Which is ironic because I only ever see him play Samus.

Then he’ll just seemingly arbitrarily kick random people in line as well. Why host an 8 man arena if you don’t want to wait 7 games till you can play again? Just play quickplay if you want a variety of people without having to rematch them.

If there’s even an iota of a chance ‘Angelic’ is on this board, I’d like to actually be able to get more than 1 game in without you booting me.

Also funny enough someone else put up an arena saying “Angelic Sucks”, he probably got the same treatment I did.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
To these Good Ganon's I met on elite, I hope I can find you on here. These 3 went by Oddenson, Atomsk, and Leather. Leather especially I hope is here, we played for 3 hours straight in some really fun stylish sets. GGs to all of you, I was the Bowser that went by "Spider".

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
To these Good Ganon's I met on elite, I hope I can find you on here. These 3 went by Oddenson, Atomsk, and Leather. Leather especially I hope is here, we played for 3 hours straight in some really fun stylish sets. GGs to all of you, I was the Bowser that went by "Spider".
If that was the Atomsk I'm assuming it is, he was a Brawl pro player back in the day.

Coolboy

Smash Journeyman
to the disgusting Lucina player and Little Mac player who picked on me on a FFA a moment ago, that you 2 won a team match doesn't mean you get the damn right to pick on me in a FFA afterwards, oh btw if you 2 are even on here i will say that i reported you both for bullying and another thing i did ragequit cause if you ask me you 2 do not deserve that GSP so deal with it you bullies -.- i will gladly take the half hour ban idc it's worth it.

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Ggs to a pichu dorf and roar our team battles numbered several dozen it seems but that palutena came in and whooped us lol

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
To the Falco I've faced with Wolf.
Great game man. You really had me as I felt behind when you get one stock and I tried to follow back by getting a stock. You were in the lead since the beginning and I felt like you read my mind from time to time. The match felt like we were equal, but at the same time you had the edge and knew when to punish and combo me. I have to say while I made the comeback and won in a last hit situation, you were probably the better spacie.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Crescentium Crescentium You know who I'm talking about here?

Also, does anyone know if arenas take part in regional based matchmaking as well? Like, I'm in PA, and I see Dabuz and Nairo's arenas all the time. I know they're both based fairly close to me, but never see any of other well-known players arenas, even when I know they're streaming arena games.

Crescentium

Smash Cadet
Anyone else see an 8 man Glorious arena put up almost daily by a guy named “Angelic”? If he loses a match, he kicks everyone in the room to get back in front. If you pick a zoner, he kicks you. Which is ironic because I only ever see him play Samus.

Then he’ll just seemingly arbitrarily kick random people in line as well. Why host an 8 man arena if you don’t want to wait 7 games till you can play again? Just play quickplay if you want a variety of people without having to rematch them.

If there’s even an iota of a chance ‘Angelic’ is on this board, I’d like to actually be able to get more than 1 game in without you booting me.

Also funny enough someone else put up an arena saying “Angelic Sucks”, he probably got the same treatment I did.
Yeah, I've seen this guy too. I think I beat him with Kirby one time lol. I rarely join his arena, so I had no idea that he kicked people for dumb reasons. One of these days, I should pop in his arena as Villager and see how well that goes lmao.

"Also, does anyone know if arenas take part in regional based matchmaking as well? Like, I'm in PA, and I see Dabuz and Nairo's arenas all the time. I know they're both based fairly close to me, but never see any of other well-known players arenas, even when I know they're streaming arena games."
Sean² Sean² Oh hey, same here, and I'm from PA too. Pretty sure it takes region into account, I've found C3PO's and LingLing's arenas as well. But, for instance, when I play against Bizzarro Flame on stream, I always have to input his arena ID just to find his arena since he's west coast.

Last edited:

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
I beat his Samus as Bowser and he kicked me. There was like 0 lag as well, so it was legit. He wouldn’t even play my Richter. I had to block him to combat the desire to repeatedly change my tag to join his arenas just to keep beating him.

Crescentium

Smash Cadet
Yo, I just joined his arena as Villager. He saw me go Villager, switched off of Samus to Little Mac, spammed smash attacks (shoutouts to slight online lag, but whatever), and kicked me afterwards despite him winning lol. I don't even care, I'm laughing my ass off right now. Starting to wonder if he low key blocked me too on top of it, I can't find his arena anymore.

Last edited:

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
I always find this Red Daisy player who goes by the tag S. Thanks for all the fun matches, you are really good.

Amon O

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 7305 3643 0520
Played a few guys with the tags “Tito” and Tito’s” in arenas the past few nights.

Tito: your ganondorf is legit man. Your execution is super tight and it was a pleasure sparring.

Titos: you play Samus well but you gotta learn your charge shot, overthinking it I think. Your distance play is really good. You felt unreachable a lot of the time. Good games.

If for some odd reason you guys are on here, I added you on the switch. Hopefully again soon!

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I have played against a few pro players, including Rival, pu55yk1ng, 2ggstrides, Urameshi, Elegant, Charlie (formerly Charliedaking). I've also had the pleasure of fighting good Samus players, including M!ND and Sitani.

So far I've been using the pink Dark Samus under different names, including "Crystanium", "Cryst&Uffe", "Positivity", "No Excuse", "Play2Learn", and "Dryn". If anyone recognizes these tags and have fought me, hello.

Dokokashira

Smash Journeyman
Hey, is there someone named Keith in this thread? I just got off with you and I had a lot of fun. You used default Lucas and I used default male Corrin. I was trying to get in some practice for an online tournament in a couple days and you helped me realize some flaws in my gameplay I didn't see before. My name was Kau Kau ♪ ♪ with the two music notes.

I'm glad you added me! I'd love to play with you again, so let me know if you read this!

EDIT: Keith has been found! <3

Last edited:

Crescentium

Smash Cadet
Shout-outs to Protégé and his Falco teammate for being decent in skill and having pretty good with team synergy, but they kept ganging up on my teammate and flat out refused to fight me most of the time except when it became a 2v1. I'm aware that ganging up on the weakest link (my teammate definitely was in this case) is a legit strategy, but it seemed more like harassment, if anything. Sometimes, they kept ignoring me despite interfering with combos and other stuff. I think they were also trying to use us as doubles montage fodder or something, but I digress. Doesn't really matter now since I managed to bop both of them in a 2v1 the next match, and my teammate and I left them all alone in their Battle Arena at four in the morning.

If y'all two are reading this, y'all lame as ****.

Last edited:

Johhny_C_Bad

Smash Rookie
shoutout to the Ganondorf named Viper that was the first Ganondorf to ever rematch me EVER. then I realized they did because they play on 1-stock /facepalm

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Just had the craziest mirror match. We were both Palutena and both named Matt. Our alt colors were also extremely similar, (I had black, he had the red tint) and we both ended up running off the stage trying to figure out who's who lmfao. I got my ass handed to me after the confusion anyway. To whoever Matt was, GG and well played.

Last edited:

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
I've been running into a really good Link with the tag "Gold" in Elite smash a lot lately.

Azuras

Smash Rookie
I fought a couple of really good players last night (at least compared to me). I fought a Falco player named Jon that played seriously well. There was also a Chrom player named C7colours that forced me to change my approach with Young Link. I have to say, thank you guys for awesome battles last night.

Also sorry about the lag. It was my first time on Smash Online and I wanted to see if my current internet could handle it. As it turns out, my internet isn't exactly great for Smash Bros. It was also my first time playing in lag when I've been spending the past five months playing offline exclusively, which is a bit of a change to learn. I also learned that I need to learn how to edgeguard.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I fought a Zelda named arumyne. She took my first stock off early and then started jumping around on the right and top part of the platforms, expecting me to chase her. Well, I didn't do what she wanted. I got her down to her last stock, but she dodged my grab and went for an f-smash. She decided to tea bag afterwards. Well, needless to say, I put her on block afterwards, but even though I lost the match, I defeated her mind. Real losers tea bag.

~?~

The Strangest Link Main
I fought a Zelda named arumyne. She took my first stock off early and then started jumping around on the right and top part of the platforms, expecting me to chase her. Well, I didn't do what she wanted. I got her down to her last stock, but she dodged my grab and went for an f-smash. She decided to tea bag afterwards. Well, needless to say, I put her on block afterwards, but even though I lost the match, I defeated her mind. Real losers tea bag.

T bagging is for winners sir.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
T bagging is for winners sir.
If you want to get reported, sure. I make sure to report any and all tea baggers. Don't take that as me being salty, because the way I see it is if you tea bag someone, they mentally got to you, and I personally love it now. It tells me I did something right.

Last edited:

~?~

The Strangest Link Main
If you want to get reported, sure. I make sure to report any and all tea baggers. Don't take that as me being salty, because the way I see it is if you tea bag someone, they mentally got to you, and I personally love it now. It tells me I did something right.
I mean, you're wasting time reporting someone who t bags. Nothing is going to be done about it. I don't t bag when I get got, I t bag when my opponent gets got. T bagging tilts players, mentally speaking, even more so in bracket in a competitive offline environment. The person doing the t bagging is the one getting into your head. I mean, you made a post about it, so it obviously worked.

Last edited:
Top Bottom