• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Ultimate “Who was that?” Player-Finder thread

Acrete

Smash Cadet
Fought someone that left an impression?

This thread can be used to comment on players you fought online to callout, compliment and connect with.

Here we go!!

Mod Edit: Attention! Please do NOT use this thread to bad mouth other players. Thank you for being considerate.

Last edited by a moderator:

FruitLoop

Smash Apprentice
There was this amazing player that was brilliantly hot and had the world’s best Pac-Man and did the sickest ledge trap. It was of course me Fruitloops fighting myself on two switches locally with both names being Fruitloops.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Not sure we need this thread since Ultimate has a way to reference people you've played against. But for now I guess it's cool to use for shout outs etc.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Not sure we need this thread since Ultimate has a way to reference people you've played against. But for now I guess it's cool to use for shout outs etc.
Sadly, until they give us the same online features the WiiU had where we could message people and/or invite them to games, we kinda DO need a thread like this. :(

For the record, I play as my Discord username, DscSB#6077 (plus the "Dsc" to hopefully clue people in that it's not a Battle.net ID :p ), but I don't play that often.

I made my in-game tag my Discord username because I don't have the telepathic powers necessary to tell friends I add from online that I have an arena lobby open at that exact moment so they'll join it and we can swap some actual contact info over voice chat.

Does it show that I'm insanely irritated that we're now paying for online yet getting fewer features than we had last gen? ;)

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Shout-out to Mythra a very talented Incineroar! Played several team matches which subsequently got my Cloud into Elite higher than my Ganon at 2,651,125 lol

Dunno if they're a user here but there is an account for Mythra Mythra (sorry if you're not them ;p)

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Shout-out to Mythra a very talented Incineroar! Played several team matches which subsequently got my Cloud into Elite higher than my Ganon at 2,651,125 lol

Dunno if they're a user here but there is an account for Mythra Mythra (sorry if you're not them ;p)
Yeah, not me; I don't have online :p

But kudos to them for putting the name of Best Girl so high.

Acrete

Smash Cadet
To the Ganon gulliver. I saved that replay, you know the one!!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Shout out to the Wario player I fought who goes by the name KCOOREY. Gave my Snake something to remember. lol

FartyParty

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7316-5581-8026
I don't remember the username, but I want to send some major hate to the pathetic coward playing Donkey Kong who beat me by getting one legitimate kill to go up 3-2 and then suicide grabbing me twice off the level. I don't give a crap how much you win with that strategy, you are garbage.

alh1193

Smash Cadet
NNID
haynes93
Switch FC
SW-1775-7406-8205
Shoutout to aweshucks for knockin my dk outta elite smash with the best pt ive played online. I couldn't get anything done in neutral. If you see this add me.

DiamondDust132

Smash Cadet
NNID
DiamondDust132
Shoutouts to the loser Ganon named Mike picking Jungle Japes just to get free wins.

Everyone else, you're cool.

Last edited:

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
FartyParty FartyParty

Ggs, hope it was cool with you that I stepped out of the ring after 3 wins.

That was a pretty chill arena. Would play in it again.

FartyParty

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7316-5581-8026
FartyParty FartyParty

Ggs, hope it was cool with you that I stepped out of the ring after 3 wins.

That was a pretty chill arena. Would play in it again.
You are welcome in the Farty Party arena anytime!!! That was a particularly good session you joined. Solid matches for the most part.

RWyvern

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RWyvern
S/O to CausTiC, who played a great Roy! Sorry to leave those games so early, ran out of game time.

Might as well edit — S/O to Chrish, who played a fantastic Link and completely drove my Ridley into the ground — for the first four of our six games xD I learned a ton of valuable matchup experience with that, thanks man.

Last edited:

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I don't remember the username, but I want to send some major hate to the pathetic coward playing Donkey Kong who beat me by getting one legitimate kill to go up 3-2 and then suicide grabbing me twice off the level. I don't give a crap how much you win with that strategy, you are garbage.
I feel for this.

If we're allowed to diss (Probably best to leave out names) then to that Mario who beat my Mario, c'mon man you won because of my accidental input that caused me to SD and you didn't want a rematch after I got extremely close to winning? I felt a bit salty as a Mario player and you have to be one and done with me like that. :c

NNID
Marsalis
Switch FC
SW-5740-6547-7308
I've been running into this Ridley named "Mikani" smash tag is a Greninja. I only got you one time, I dare say I got a bit lucky offstage. Kudos to you, i'm getting better every day, ready for round 4.

Acrete

Smash Cadet
Yenvy, you’re a pro man! The hardest guy in arenas for sure.

FartyParty

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7316-5581-8026
Shouting out J.Savage. Somehow, you are better when down to only 1 ice climber than you are when they're both alive. I don't ****ing get it. I was so mad when I lost that last match I had to rage quit by shutting down the arena. I hope I never have to play you again.

Last edited:

FartyParty

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7316-5581-8026
Shout out to Fleurdefeu for being the first Richter I've encountered online who wasn't a mindless projectile spammer. You show the character's real potential when played properly, and I wasn't even slightly upset about losing to you 3x just for the fact I got to play a proper match against Richter for the first time ever.

Last edited:

Lanny

Smash Cadet
Just played suspence who played little mac, probably somewhere in norcal. Wrecked him in the first game and then he ran it back and outplayed me for like 5 more games. I won one at the end and had to leave but just wanted to say that was great adaptation and appreciate the rematches. I see a ton of players just trying the same old things over and over and when their bag of tricks doesn't work they just leave and pick a new opponent, so it was a breath of fresh air playing with someone who mixes up their game and will rematch. You rock dude.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
donekk, a King K.Rool player, where you at? Am Rasta, the Diddy player.

FartyParty

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7316-5581-8026
Major hate for the Bowser player Jackvader who got one legitimate kill to go up 3-2 then suicide grabbed me twice. I don't care how much you win with that strategy, you are garbage.

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
Major hate for the Bowser player Jackvader who got one legitimate kill to go up 3-2 then suicide grabbed me twice. I don't care how much you win with that strategy, you are garbage.
For future reference, you generally have a lot of control over Bowser's Side-B direction, to the point where you have to be massively behind in % to not have enough control to not be able to avoid the suicide.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Ggs to all who have participated in my ffa arenas.

I am not the kind of person who would kick you for ganging up on me. In fact I welcome it.

Also really enjoying the dumb matches I occasionally run into.

Last edited:

FartyParty

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7316-5581-8026
For future reference, you generally have a lot of control over Bowser's Side-B direction, to the point where you have to be massively behind in % to not have enough control to not be able to avoid the suicide.
Good to know! I didn't realize I could DI the direction of the move itself. Thought I could only DI after getting launched from the impact.

FartyParty

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7316-5581-8026
Ggs to all who have participated in my ffa arenas.

I am not the kind of person who would kick you for ganging up on me. In fact I welcome it.

Also really enjoying the dumb matches I occasionally run into.
You've got to be joking. That was a real quickplay match you got thrown into?? ROLF

Shoutout to despacito2 for coming up with the arena name "urhellagayifyouplaysamus". I joined just cuz it made me laugh.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
You've got to be joking. That was a real quickplay match you got thrown into?? ROLF
Nope. That was in my arena. Far be it for me to interrupt their fun! So I just watched the whole thing whilst chuckling.

FartyParty

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7316-5581-8026
Shout out to the Link player who goes by the handle "-?-"!! Thanks for rematching a bunch. That was a hell of 5 match set!! And I'll admit I got a bit lucky to win 3 of 5 thanks to you self destructing a couple times, but hey, that's how it goes!

Would love to play you again, and sent you a friend request.

DeKu Skrub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadixREBORN
3DS FC
1650-2649-2219
Switch FC
SW-1122-3127-2057
Dear Gabriel the K. Rool player: Please stop trying to abuse the lag to enhance your gimmicks. You got more predictable than an episode of Access Hollywood.
That is all.

Last edited:

Crescentium

Smash Cadet
Yo, shout outs to Ice who joined my arena and proceeded to kick my ass with Wolf for several hours (till 6:30 in the morning, no less). What's important is that you really made me think and I started to adapt, which is pretty important since I tend to autopilot as Villager. I feel like I improved as a player after tonight. And sorry for disconnecting during our rematch with my King Dedede and your Pac-Man, my Switch died (tried to tell you I had to go looool). Then again, I thought I could get a rematch in, but I guess not. Hope you accept my friend request too, you're always welcome back~

Richard & Blaziken

Smash Cadet
NNID
Richard_Blaziken
3DS FC
1547-5283-8177
Currently playing a Quickplay Falco named Desire^. Very good player, would love to play more often! I'm the Greninja named Richard haha

SonicShin

Smash Rookie
Looking for diddy kong player Neon ! He had pretty goo manners and even added me as a friend I wish I could talk with him on discord or sth
Neon! Neon! Maybe this is him

Last edited:

Dokokashira

Smash Journeyman
Thank you to the red Meta Knight named ALX for providing me with some great games a couple days ago! You were one of the most challenging and invigorating players I've encountered in a while and I really enjoyed playing you. I'd love to play you more! I seriously had to give it my all and think so hard about everything just to keep up with you. I got lazy towards the end of our session and kept doing risky things with no reward, so you ended up leaving.

I doubt you'll read this, but feel free to contact me if you do. My Switch name was "Kau Kau" with two music notes and I used default male Corrin.

WeretigerX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PentSage
If anyone goes by "iimply" here, then we had some really great Ike dittos. What started as me getting destroyed really pushed me to clean up my play as we kept going and made it much more interesting. This person had over 280 hours in the game by the end of December, so I'm thinking he/she might be a tournament player.

Love Tap

Smash Cadet
A shout out to >memes who played icineroar with me in team battle. You were the best teammate I ever had. It was like we had a psychic connection and we always knew what the other wanted to do. Heavies in general work well with jigglypuff, but you were out of this world! We straight up won ten plus matches in a row, high gsp matches no less, and broke through obnoxious projectile walls and every spammy strategy opposing teams would try. The best match by far was against the ganondorf/corrin team, their character weights were perfect for the drill kick + rest combo and when you saw what I was doing and grabbed people to make it easier for me, I wanted to make sweet love to you.

Team battles are my favorite, but I have a love hate relationship with them, I'm usually stuck with someone that doesn't know how to properly prioritize a target (to anyone reading, as a general rule of thumb, get rid of the opposing teams heavy as quickly and cleanly as possible! You see a ganondorf? Assume your team is going to get 3 stocked every moment he's allowed to breath! If you dare focus on someone else, he will come for you, he will forward smash you, and you will die. Not hard.) but you knew exactly who to go for and when.

Thanks for accepting my friend request you beautiful son of a *****.

Last edited:

FartyParty

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7316-5581-8026
A couple days late on this, but I want to apologize to the player P. Charles (or maybe it was Charles P.) that I kicked from my arena. I kicked you b/c our match was laggy, and I thought it was you. But it turned out I was the source of the lag that night, and had to shut down the arena after just a couple more matches.

Sorry.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
To the Ike and Cloud I've played against in co-op a couple days ago, I'm now forever heart broken. After only having one stock and my friend was out while you guys still had 4, I almost made the comeback to a 1v1 last stock and the final hit devastated me. 5 stocks and I couldn't pull through for 6 and you guys left the game after :( that'll be burned down to my memory and I'll never get that rematch.

But the Ridley I've teamed up online in quickplay during the first day of Piranha Plant, we were so in sync against that fox on his last stock. Almost everything we did was the same in terms of inputs while being side by side each other to not let the fox attack us. I honestly don't think I'll find anyone with a mindset like mine in teams again. We made Plant and Ridley a beautiful thing that will be saved in video format.

Top Bottom