• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Ultimate “Who was that?” Player-Finder thread

Rubiks Dan

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2208-5803-5426
I love that there's a thread like this, I just played someone named Tess who is way better than me at Smash and beat me 4-1.

I am an avid proponent of the homie stock, and if someone's death is just ****ing bull****, I will SD. I don't expect people to share this same philosophy, obviously, but I've played, I think, over 500 matches of online and no one has ever homie stocked me until this homie came into my lobby.

Thanks for the games. You have a really good Inkling and made me look silly. I have to grab more, and play more.

Last edited:

Rran

Smash Apprentice
Depending on my opponent's percent (like <50% or whatever), I'm likely to follow them into the abyss. I mean, I'm not necessarily playing the game to win: I'm playing to become better. And beating someone who lost a healthy stock to lag or whatever just isn't too terribly fulfilling of a victory for me.

Chadmander

Smash Cadet
Shout outs to two players one named Pixelman who pops into my battle arena destroys me and then leaves at least once a day lol

Also to Dr.Focus who plays a scary good :ultdoc: I cheesed a win with :ultlucario: but you are clearly the better player.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Shoutouts to the ganondorf I found in elite smash. It was fun getting sparta kicked towards the walkoff of mushroom kingdom 64 while you had had a star powerup.

10/10 never playing this game again

Richard & Blaziken

Smash Cadet
NNID
Richard_Blaziken
3DS FC
1547-5283-8177
Triangleye the Pikachu, currently in my arena at the time of typing this, you're really good! Hope to play more with you. I'm the Greninja player if you ever read this :p

Update: Yooooo, Red the Charizard main, you're amazing! You won that first game, but I clutched the rest out, but wow you're INSANELY good!! I especially liked watching you edgeguard that Hero player using only Flamethrower about 12 times, that was great.

Last edited:

Crazy Hand 2001

Banned via Warnings
NNID
ForGloryOnly2014
I want to contact this guy. Anyone know who he is?

This is specifically why I keep on telling everyone to not pay for online because Nintendo is so pathetic at it. Why won't anyone listen?

KatKit

Smash Lord
There's a guy named Danny (he added me to his friend list) who pops into my Arena Battles and... spectates. When he decides to join, he usually uses Piranha Plant and K. Rool, and he typically destroys everyone. If he loses, he'll switch to Mario, but for the most part, he picks characters considered mid tier at best, and he's a beast. Any professional players named Danny? This guy is leagues above most online players I've run into, and his K. Rool is very creative.

Last edited:

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
I fought a guy awhile back named p3p, a Mii Gunner user who did nothing but spam missles and stuff. At the time, I was playing as Ganondorf. I wonder if anyone else on here fought this dude before.

Molk

Smash Cadet
Does anyone know who alwaysc the G&W player is? It's very rare that people can keep up with me in the mirror.

Distinct_Fix5

Smash Rookie
I’m new here but I’m wondering if I fought prodigy on quickplay. Jesus Christ that was not fun at all. I have never seen a mario move like that.

ROSÁLINE

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 0137 2634 3811
Kalt, if you see this. Definitely contact me so we can better sync online play. :p We make a killer team. <3

DatGanonDoe

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3669-2463-7192
Daniel from Elite Smash who plays G&W, please dm if you see this.

I was the hard-to-kill Ganon, and those were some of my favorite matches I've ever played. Dancing with you was a blast, and your intuition is friggin *deadly*. It took everything I had to not be exactly where you wanted me.

GhostClown

Smash Rookie
Shout out to SoundBeast for helping me get Rosalina back into Elite, for I never have to play her again now. Our cause is just.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
This seems dead but I just have to shoutout the Falcon player who beat me twice on my K.Rool, barely, but taunting the whole time when in reality he should 3 stock me both games with that matchup.

I picked Falcon and beat his ass easy. Someone else had joined the arena and he kicked them, mad that I beat him with his main, and then I beat him again and he closed the arena.

Get good nerd.

Rran

Smash Apprentice
This seems dead but I just have to shoutout the Falcon player who beat me twice on my K.Rool, barely, but taunting the whole time when in reality he should 3 stock me both games with that matchup.

I picked Falcon and beat his ass easy. Someone else had joined the arena and he kicked them, mad that I beat him with his main, and then I beat him again and he closed the arena.

Get good nerd.
Feel good story of the summer <3

Mike 223

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1792-4156-5513
Whoever McNulty is, congrats, you are one of the few elite players I've fought that doesn't cheese wins and spam to win, that, added with the fact you play Little Mac and rematched me, Scrimshank, a Steve, you are one of the chads of smash

Last edited:

Mike 223

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1792-4156-5513
Nice game to ski9110 and Ehmon, your Falcon and Roy were very good, that counter almost killed me, and to WorldStar, I really don't know what to say.

Falcon punch ain't hitting me 5 times.

Mike 223

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1792-4156-5513
Nice game to Papi, good Luigi, took a lot of effort to deal with that cyclone.

Also nice best of 3 to Jonathan, really good Ryu, almost got me game 2 since I attacked focus like an idiot lol.

Unfortunately in between those 2, I fought a spammy Pythra who I won't name.

Last edited:

Mike 223

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1792-4156-5513
GG to Naikrem, a Marth. Had just fought two spammers before you, so that was nice.

Too bad I couldn't rematch since my switch was low, maybe I'll run into you again at some point.

That last stock probably hurt.

Mike 223

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1792-4156-5513
Shout out to Pressure, the D.K.

You were the ONLY player in that Elite session that didn't spam

DatGanonDoe

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3669-2463-7192
Dann Star/ Dann Stern (depending on if your name is german or not),

I was the Ganondorf called "Suboptimal". Without exaggeration, people like you are why I play this game. I'm so happy the algorithm let you switch to your Ridley
cause that was so incredibly satisfying

Seriously, it's people like you that make it worth it to sift through all the sweaties

You are kin to me, and I would trust you with my cats based purely on the way you play this game.

No emoji could accurately express my joy that you exist, but please accept these hearts as a simulacrum:

💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚

P.S. I saved the replay for almost every match

Last edited:

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
aureole :3

Gg’s, your Kazuya and Byleth was nice. Also Amyr edge guards broke my soul.

FRYGUY

Smash Rookie
NNID
thezakattac
bbldill, you were Sephiroth, I was King K Rool (zack). We just played for an hour, you were the only person i fought tonight. rematch after rematch. Felt like nothing but respect (my tv crapped out for a few seconds and I SDed, you somehow knew and SDed to even it up). Felt like we were getting better just rematching over and over. Had to run but felt like a **** ending. GGs for a solid hour man, nothing but respect!

Top Bottom