• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official SWF Matchup Chart v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Ic's vs diddy is at least +1 for ics. I'd say 65-35ish in ics flavorrrr
I could have sworn that you were arguing that Diddy goes even with or beats the ICs a short while ago. :ohwell:

After reading the sentence once or twice to attempt to derive context I have concluded that it means "with regards to" but only because I used my brain.
Or you could have just looked up the term on Urban Dictionary.....
See if you didn't use your brain like an idiot you would know what it truly stands for; "with respect to" :awesome:
...where you'd see that it means both. :smirk:

In the Falco vs Snake discussion, has no one considered Snakes great GR chaingrab on Falco? It's actually a big deal so Falco should actually avoid FD in this MU. You can grab release Falco to the ledge where you can Dthrow them and it's a 50-50 situation. If Falco doesn't roll behind Snake, Snake can easily cover it with whatever he wants and if he rolls behind him, he can do the release all over again.

EDIT: Wow sorry there was suddenly another page so the discussion was old, I'm sure I even doublechecked that it was recent. Oh well still
How does this "GR chaingrab" work? :confused:

Silly Gheb
9774x2 = 19548
19548>18902

Noob.
I'm amazed that he's actually that close..... (O_O)

Tesh

Smash Hero
I don't see why every snake doesn't do that. Seems like you'd want to CG to the ledge before starting the tech chase.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I wonder if Razer knew how to do it, there is a setting on wiichuck that makes boost grabbing really easy if you set "A+B" to grab.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I've never seriously tried shake smash until recently. I keep my hands pretty steady while playing now, but the problem is that there is no neutral area for shake smashing. If you upsmash, you have to then input a downsmash, which makes it kind of silly for SDI and non-DACUS cancels.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
You mean.....set "shake" to grab? :confused:

I wonder if Razer knew how to do it, there is a setting on wiichuck that makes boost grabbing really easy if you set "A+B" to grab.
That's...the standard grab input for mote + chuck.

lolwut? Fatal is doing very well in tourneys like he always has. He won a regional last week and one in january. I have no idea where this claim is coming from xD
Doing well at regionals in your area is not the same as actively travelling to OoS larger events, not at all. I personally haven't heard of much activity from him that's notable. If Coney or Boss continued to enter MD/VA regionals, they'd probably do very well and make money but we all know they wouldn't get too far on a larger scale. Fatal's no longer furthering Snake's metagame, not against other top players, at least.

Ya lol, Fatal attends every tournament in NE and wins a lot of them. For now atleast.
Again, those tournaments are "small change". I'd expect no less from a top Snake who regularly dominates that state. He could 'retire' and probably still make money off of those tourneys for the next couple of years without daring to go to anything larger.

I hope that the next MU chart changes the utter bull**** that is MK's +3 on Jiggs. Jiggs' Dair beats Nado, which should make the matchup no better than +1.
I know you're not serious (:p), but I'll say this anyway: Who cares that Puff's nair can beat 'nado? Do you know how many chars can do this? It's not outstanding technology, and people need to realize that MK doesn't win MUs, outside of, like, DDD, because of lolnado. MK completley shuts down Jiggs because he defeats her in EVERY single one of her strengths, areas in which she would shine to make a normally bad MU much more manageable and winnable.

One of Puff's strengths is edgeguarding and gimping, and Jiggs won't be gimping MK anytime soon. Another strength is baiting and punishing, but MK completely out-spaces Jiggs and even with her crazy aerial mobility, his attacks are fast and lagless enough for him to just react to her approach. She shouldn't be able to bait an action and punish the opening like she might be able to do with DDD's bair (according to Grim). MK can completely wall her out, so if he gains a lead, which he probably will, he doesn't need to even plank to secure his win. He can just refuse to approach while standing in the middle of the stage. Good luck to Jiggs! :smash: Another one of Puff's strengths is maintaining a lead through campy play, all the way into time-outs if necessary. Lolz, yeah right! MK can even chase Jiggs offstage if he has to. He can disrupt and punish her planking and he can catch her if she tries to scrooge. He can chase Jiggs out of any camping position and he can always make up a deficit while keeping one himself (he does the same to Kirby). Even regarding 'nado, Jiggs won't be dairing through it if he uses it smartly, and he probably +3's the MU without the use of 'nado, let alone with it. BETTER chars can punish 'nado and they still lose the MU. Lucario can even drift out of it after being hit and dair MK and kill him for the attempt. He still gets +2'd, and he's a decent character.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Those are serious crimes, m'lady, making those accusations of yours QUITE serious indeed. Someone will have to look into these matters. I appoint Quest. With his unbiased spirit and his all-encompassing intuition, I am sure he will not fail in his 'quest' for truth and justice. :smash:

So Fatal

Smash Master
lol just read some things people have been saying about me in this thread. Since I started Graduate school about 5 months ago I have no traveled / practiced brawl that much, if at all. I wouldn't say im a top player in my current status but, I feel like I could still take out top level players currently. I'm more of a local hero currently till I can prove myself again, if I want too, that is.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
It wasn't worth it. V115's rhyme had me loling so hard, nothing could compare to it. I was repeating that line in my head even on my way to work, earning my face a nice big smile each time. :rotfl: I had no desire to join in with something clearly less appreciable.....like what you guys did. :smirk:

Although Pidge's one was pretty slick, too... :p

Edit: "Man" has got to be one of the 'cheapest' words/literary devices used to facilitate rhyme/rap ever. :smash:

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Guys I found the most MU Breaking technology for Jigglypuff against Mr. Game & Watch.

I did this against some guy whose name I can't remember in a wifi match a couple weeks ago and can't find the replay (probably forgot to save it like an IDIOT:facepalm: )

But yeah so this 100% guaranteed death combo works really well, if I recall correctly I did this in the middle of the stage with the G&W around 100% and it killed him (stage was Smashville I think)

K so the combo is:

Grounded GR -> Jab -> Jab 2 -> Dash Attack.

MU should be +4 Puff's favour after the discovery of this combo

It might work against other characters idk yet I don't really use Puff's grab very much (though I should)

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
It wasn't worth it. V115's rhyme had me loling so hard, nothing could compare to it. I was repeating that line in my head even on my way to work, earning my face a nice big smile each time. :rotfl: I had no desire to join in with something clearly less appreciable.....like what you guys did. :smirk:

Although Pidge's one was pretty slick, too... :p

Edit: "Man" has got to be one of the 'cheapest' words/literary devices used to facilitate rhyme/rap ever. :smash:
As much as I'm a beast on da mic, we were actually ripping this off

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Is it bad that I initially feared Moonbase Alpha when I found myself clicking on one of your links for the first time in a looong while? :ohwell:

Guys I found the most MU Breaking technology for Jigglypuff against Mr. Game & Watch.

I did this against some guy whose name I can't remember in a wifi match a couple weeks ago and can't find the replay (probably forgot to save it like an IDIOT:facepalm: )

But yeah so this 100% guaranteed death combo works really well, if I recall correctly I did this in the middle of the stage with the G&W around 100% and it killed him (stage was Smashville I think)

K so the combo is:

Grounded GR -> Jab -> Jab 2 -> Dash Attack.

MU should be +4 Puff's favour after the discovery of this combo

It might work against other characters idk yet I don't really use Puff's grab very much (though I should)
That's a true combo? :crazy: Well, it doesn't matter. There are so many pre-requisites in place for this to actaully be a "death combo" that it doesn't really change the MU from a -3 for Jiggs at all. For one, you have to build G&W's damage up to a high enough % where DA will kill. This will probably be over 100%, factoring in DI and bucket-braking. Good luck doing this against G&W. Secondly, at death %'s, you're going to have to get in on Game past all the dtilts and bairs and nairs and smashes and upBs and what have you to land a very short-ranged grab. Third, does this combo even work? I mean, it could have just worked 'cause Wifi..... :smash:

Tesh

Smash Hero
what the hell is going on in this thread?

Can we talk about jigglypuff and ROB stalling on frigate now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom