• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
While I guess the Baby Bros may have standard attacks that are close to the ICs, the two certainly wouldn't have the same specials since the Bros don't have any business shooting out ice. (Yes, yes, ice mushroom, but it doesn't make sense for them to use it for two moves in which both moves are not how the attack actually works. Plus the Baby Bros never used the ice mushroom anyways)

Also in regards to your roster n88, Ike and Lucas probably would be the unlocked ones at the start with Marth and Ness as the locked characters despite their roles of being older in the series. Also the smart money says Falco is locked too. :p

ScoobyCafe

Smash Journeyman
Go on about this; I'm interested.
Haven't touched up on the idea since I brought it up before, but you know how when Popo attacks, Nana does the exact same attack simultaneously? Well for Baby Bros., I want them to truly be partners, as in they have varying team attacks and tagging each other allows them to execute said team attacks. I'll give a more detailed example later on.

1)Yeah, but I'm still going by in the series that they aren't together actually fighting.
2)Just stating that the other's still matter to the series.
3)But Baby Bros don't even get it in there exact series, Peach still did at least fight in those (SMB2) And in the Spin-Offs (That were spin-offs to mario, not yoshi) - Not stating that as a total flaw however.
1) Do they have to be together, fighting, for it to register with you that they were together? Huh?
2) Okay.
3) As long as you know the simple fact that she gets her attacks from other games, then Baby Bros. can indeed do the same. Does it matter where she gets it from? No, it doesn't.

Not really a personal bias; It's more of a bias against having a version of an already existing character. As toise has stated, popularity is something hindering against those. That and Baby Mario doesn't really do much (Similar to kamek) And isn't even in all the games. I guess It could still happen, but there's already quite a bit out there hindering the idea.

On the contrary however, Baby Mario was placed under the Yoshi series in trophies, so I suppose that does mean something (Unlike how kamek didn't even get a trophy)
You say that, yet you support Paper Mario? I hope you could see why I have a hard time believing that. :laugh:

Baby Mario does plenty in other games and does indeed appear in all Yoshi's Island games. Alas, not enough popularity is kinda hurting them, yeah.

@n88_2004

They aren't limited to just hammers. As for the roster, I'd say it's pretty good. I think you're kinda playing it safe, though.

Hero Dude

Smash Journeyman
People are talking about the Babies as if they are the only clear choice. I stand by my choice in Kamek and I will continue too.

Could someone educated please make a top ten with him in it and other plausible characters to show me his standing?

D

Deleted member

Ridley or MetaRidley may be hard to implement in the game but the Metroid franchis needs another rep. However, i want dark Samus to be in SSB4, but not a Generic Samus clone like the Melee clones. Similar but different moves that add to gameplay and are not blatant cloning of Samus. If they can manage to add Ridley well, then he would make an excellent addition to the roster.

Paper Mario could make an interesting character. Imagine that 2D dashdance.

Megaman is a shoe in for SSB4

F-Zero needs another rep, but not at teh cost of a completely lame and obscure character or half ***** clone.

Mewtwo needs to be back in SSB4.

Remove Sakurai and put in a director who cares about the competitive scene. (How the heck do you make a multiplayer fighting game noncompetitive? Thats plain stupid)

Put L-Cancelling back into SSB as well as more technical skill related features which disappeared with the introduction of Brawl. No glitches or game breaking things need to be added though. Just measures to take SSB from casual to competitive if desired.

Better stage builder, the Brawl builder is such a feeble attempt at a great tool. To be able to make a stage with interesting features like Pkmn Stadium, or side scrolling lvls would be amazing. Reintroduce the old, nostalgic stages like Saffron City, Dreamland, Kongo Jungle, Hyrule Castle. And better stages in general without game breaking hazards such as Norfair, Pictochat, etc.

Less work and time spent in a single player campaign that people only play very little compared to multiplayer.

Good multiplayer online support with voice chat, a good friend list, customizable matches, ranked competitive 1v1 and 2v2 matches (4-5 stock, 10 mins or so, on good stages with the ranking based on win % and not matches won. This ensures skill levels are adequately picked each match.) Overall better online support.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Thinking about it, and looking through videos, I think its pretty clear that Isa is the S&P character to get the role in the next Smash (if S&P gets a character) rather than Saki. S&P2 will likely be highly advertized according to Reggie, which will be a large step up from what S&P1 got, especially as it only came out for the VC in the US. Plus it seems that Isa has a much larger amount of moves than Saki does, and actually has some physical combat outside of his beam sword/gun.

And for this whole same character debate, I think it does hinder to an extent, but its nothing that's impossible. Toise's earlier argument, if I recall, was that if such a thing were to happen, then Sakurai would likely go with Dr. Mario instead of say Paper Mario for the fact that Dr. Mario was in Melee and thus has high exposure. Still I think that's somewhat flawed given that that the Mario series is a whole lot more recognizable, in addition to the fact that I don't see Paper Mario as a clone. Then again, I don't think there will be three versions of a single character, and thus don't think the Baby Bros will get in due to me supporting Paper Mario's inclusion.

ScoobyCafe

Smash Journeyman
@Pieman0920

I also said before that Isa would be the S&P character if Saki wasn't chosen, but people here seems to want Saki playable more so than Isa. I dunno, what's the likelihood of S&P getting two characters? Fire Emblem got two characters in Melee and honestly, I'd love to play as Isa and Saki if it's possible.

Ridley or MetaRidley may be hard to implement in the game but the Metroid franchis needs another rep. However, i want dark Samus to be in SSB4, but not a Generic Samus clone like the Melee clones. Similar but different moves that add to gameplay and are not blatant cloning of Samus. If they can manage to add Ridley well, then he would make an excellent addition to the roster.
Definitely wouldn't mind Dark Samus; I actually used to support her back then. Looking at her moves, it'd be impossible to make her a clone. Then again, I said the same thing for Toon Link, and look how he turned out.

Paper Mario could make an interesting character. Imagine that 2D dashdance.
G&W has a great dash dance.

Remove Sakurai and put in a director who cares about the competitive scene. (How the heck do you make a multiplayer fighting game noncompetitive? Thats plain stupid)
Though I'd love for someone else to direct Smash Bros., I don't see it happening, unfortunately.

Put L-Cancelling back into SSB as well as more technical skill related features which disappeared with the introduction of Brawl. No glitches or game breaking things need to be added though. Just measures to take SSB from casual to competitive if desired.
Keep L-canceling in, keep wavedashing out, seeing how folks complain about not being able to use it properly. Sucks, 'cause I love wavedashing (Luigi main). Would also like more techs in the same vein as footstool jumping.

Better stage builder, the Brawl builder is such a feeble attempt at a great tool. To be able to make a stage with interesting features like Pkmn Stadium, or side scrolling lvls would be amazing. Reintroduce the old, nostalgic stages like Saffron City, Dreamland, Kongo Jungle, Hyrule Castle. And better stages in general without game breaking hazards such as Norfair, Pictochat, etc.
Agreed with bold. Some stages were great in Brawl, but a lot were **** to me. And Stage Builder needs to be like the stage editor in LBP, period.

Good multiplayer online support with voice chat, a good friend list, customizable matches, ranked competitive 1v1 and 2v2 matches (4-5 stock, 10 mins or so, on good stages with the ranking based on win % and not matches won. This ensures skill levels are adequately picked each match.) Overall better online support.
Absolutely agree with this, very good.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Though I'd love for someone else to direct Smash Bros., I don't see it happening, unfortunately.
It could very well happen. Originally, they weren't going to bring back Sakurai.

Keep L-canceling in, keep wavedashing out, seeing how folks complain about not being able to use it properly. Sucks, 'cause I love wavedashing (Luigi main). Would also like more techs in the same vein as footstool jumping.
I would take L-Canceling out and just cut down on the landing lag.

By the way, Scooby, I brought back power squat jumping into discussion. Come on by.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Well perhaps people want Saki still because S&P hasn't reached stateside yet. Outside of general fan reaction on message boards, everything really points to Isa being the character chosen. I'm betting that once the game actually comes out in the west, then the general opinions will change, since Saki's abilities are too limited in comparison, and Isa will have his game actually released worldwide outside of digital distribution, which is always a plus.

ScoobyCafe

Smash Journeyman
@Pieman0920

I suppose. Although I kinda like Isa (absolutely hate his design, however), Saki is just much more badass to me. Opinions will change, but I can't help but feel that some people would still want Saki, with him appearing in Brawl and whatnot. Seriously though, there's no harm in S&P getting two characters, is there? :ohwell:

It could very well happen. Originally, they weren't going to bring back Sakurai.
I dunno. With the success of SSBB and Sakurai getting a subsidiary, I don't see him turning down developing SSB4 if Nintendo asks him to. Hopefully I'm wrong about that, 'cause I really do want someone else working on the next Smash Bros.

By the way, Scooby, I brought back power squat jumping into discussion. Come on by.
Lately, I was thinking about something similar to TvC baroque possibly removing or greatly reducing lag on moves (aerials, smashes, etc.) upon activation. Maybe something like that would be easier for people.

Oh, and I'm actually waiting for you to reply to my comment about PSJ. =)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
You do realize that if they didn't bring Sakurai back, they were going ahead and re-release Melee but with Wi-Fi support and plalyable Miis, right? SSB4 would really suck if it was basically Brawl but with playable Miis added. I would find it pointless to buy SSB4 if it didn't add anything new except playable Miis.

Edit: I don't think S&P needs two characters. It isn't big or popular enough to warrant two characters. At least Fire Emblem was huge and popular enough in Japan when Sakurai added Marth and Roy. I think it is for the best to start out with only one and I am going with Isa. The same goes for the Golden Sun series and I am going with the new protagonist from Golden Sun DS.

ScoobyCafe

Smash Journeyman
Re-releasing Melee with more characters, competent Wi-Fi, and Mii's would've been delicious back then. :urg: On the other hand, releasing a souped-up Brawl and passing it as SSB4 would indeed be unacceptable. They could do that now--in fact, they should do that now, fixing the broken Wi-Fi and adding more characters (including the forbidden 7), stages, and modes, like Super Street Fighter IV.

About S&P, I guess you're right. Still, if there's a way Sakurai could include both, please do. And really, new Golden Sun protagonist? No Isaac?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I like Isaac. I really do! I played the first Golden Sun game even though I could never beat the final boss. But anyway, I honestly think that the new protagonist would get in over Isaac. Looking at things from the marketing point of view, I think it is probably a wise thing to do. People who haven't played Golden Sun games before would probably make Golden Sun DS their first game. Golden Sun fans who already like Isaac and Felix would most likely like the new protagonist once they play Golden Sun DS. Adding the new protagonist to the roster would make the old and new Golden Sun fans happy and those who still haven't played Golden Sun DS would be intrigued with the new protagonist ("Who is he? I like him. I want to play his game!") to want to go and buy Golden Sun DS, giving Nintendo more sales in addition to the sales they get from SSB4. I think it is a win-win situation for Golden Sun fans and Nintendo.

Edit: Have you really looked at the new protagonist? The first official art of this new protagonist... look how he is posing. It looks exactly like how Isaac posed in Brawl.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Idea I mentioned in TSDG: More victory themes than one for certain series, like Mother can have both the ones from Melee and Brawl + This: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh9GE9H1Q_U

Haven't touched up on the idea since I brought it up before, but you know how when Popo attacks, Nana does the exact same attack simultaneously? Well for Baby Bros., I want them to truly be partners, as in they have varying team attacks and tagging each other allows them to execute said team attacks. I'll give a more detailed example later on.
Alright; Sounds good.

1) Do they have to be together, fighting, for it to register with you that they were together? Huh?
2) Okay.
3) As long as you know the simple fact that she gets her attacks from other games, then Baby Bros. can indeed do the same. Does it matter where she gets it from? No, it doesn't.
1)It means by It's not very true to the actual game itself. The Baby Bros only truely team up outside of there game. It'd be like If Mario and Peach paired up outside of there series yet Mario saves Peach in the actual series. (Tho, If we got Baby Bros, I would be more preferred on the Bros instead of BM By himself)

3)But she got it from inside her series still (Super Mario RPG - See what I did there?) As Baby Bros represent the Yoshi series, yet we're giving them attacks from a mario game? Something doesn't quite fit there. It can still work however.

You say that, yet you support Paper Mario? I hope you could see why I have a hard time believing that. :laugh:

Baby Mario does plenty in other games and does indeed appear in all Yoshi's Island games. Alas, not enough popularity is kinda hurting them, yeah.
Bolded: And not much in the actual Yoshi games...
...Which is what he would be in to help represent.
I still don't really even support him much - I really support him more because of the Music (See: Stage Discussion Group) and Stage Variety, and while I like what he could bring to the table, I just really do think the variations of characters should be monitored.

When it comes down to it, not enough popularity really does hurt a variation of an already existing character + Him and Kamek aren't exactly that major in the games. If however they do become more major then yeah, I'm fine with them (Wouldn't really mind either of them either; Now that I think of it, the flaws between the two are pretty similar)

playing it safe, though.
...And that is why most roster predictions are pretty meh to read.

Golden Sun series and I am going with the new protagonist from Golden Sun DS.
But GS Is different. Isaac is the protaginist that has appeared twice (+both look really similar so it doesn't really matter anyways)

As for S&P: Just bring in Isa, maybe Saki in the future as the series evolves. If anyone should pull a "hi i got 2 new characters" I personally stand by F-Zero

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Given Isaac (and Felix too I guess) are silent protagonists, most of their appeal for a game like Smash comes from their powers, which is probably something the main character of GSDS shares. (He certainly looks like a Earth Adept anyways) That and he also has a very close physical apperance to Isaac, so there's really not that much to complain about besides sentimental value/the narrator not saying the name Isaac.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Given Isaac (and Felix too I guess) are silent protagonists, most of their appeal for a game like Smash comes from their powers, which is probably something the main character of GSDS shares. (He certainly looks like a Earth Adept anyways) That and he also has a very close physical apperance to Isaac, so there's really not that much to complain about besides sentimental value/the narrator not saying the name Isaac.
You are correct right there. Only those who complain about the new protagonist's inclusion over Isaac would be because of the sentimental value they have for Isaac and the fact the character is not Isaac even though he looks exactly like Isaac but in different clothes and even have the same powers Isaac had. The new protagonist is basically an updated Isaac just like how Ness is basically an updated Ninten.

ScoobyCafe

Smash Journeyman
@Arcadenik

Your reasons actual makes sense to me. I was going to suggest including them both, but since they look nearly identical, that wouldn't work. Wouldn't mind if GSDS protagonist was playable and had a Isaac alt. costume. That'd work nicely. =)

@thethirdkoopa

If you don't mind, I'm gonna pass on continuing the Baby Bros. discussion, since there's nothing else I could bring up :laugh: let's just leave it at them having a hard time getting in due to popularity.

Idea I mentioned in TSDG: More victory themes than one for certain series, like Mother can have both the ones from Melee and Brawl + This: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh9GE9H1Q_U
Unlockable themes and taunts would be amazing.

...And that is why most roster predictions are pretty meh to read.
Agreed, I'd like to see some wild cards on more roster predictions, something that'll stir up discussion. =P

Hero Dude

Smash Journeyman

Source plz.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
If you don't mind, I'm gonna pass on continuing the Baby Bros. discussion, since there's nothing else I could bring up :laugh: let's just leave it at them having a hard time getting in due to popularity.
Along with the other things I mentioned :p But yeah. I personally prefer Kamek as he would at least be more true to the actual series himself, but both could be unique. I'd personally prefer more Yoshi's representation over another Mario character.

Agreed, I'd like to see some wild cards on more roster predictions, something that'll stir up discussion. =P
Hmm...How about this?

All veterans return, asides from Lucario (Instead, most recent gen rep + Mewtwo) Along with that, these newcomers:
36.Samurai Goroh
37.Black Shadow
38.Next gen Rep (Already mentioned above)
39.Isaac (Or most recent GS Protaginist. doesn't really matter)
40.Big Little Mac
41.Isa (S&P2)
42.Mona (Had to pick one.)
43.Pokey or Claus (I can't decide, but both are awesome)
44.Ridley
45.K.Rool
46.Sukapon
47.Some new retro dude. (You know this is going to happen)
48.Megaman
49.Black Mage or Chocobo(I suck at choices)
50.New FE Lord
51.Kamek (Had to do something wild)
52.Krystal

Overall, 17 movesets. Considering brawl had 17 (Or 16? Depends on what you count Toon Link) This isn't that out of whack. Probably forgot something somewhere...And I personally think somewhere around the 40's being more likely but I just found that there wasn't much I wanted to cut.

Also here's too not listing veterans and only listing which ones get axed on Roster posts.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
@ Hero Dude

Just read Iwata Asks. It is all there.

@ Scooby

Hey! Now, that's something I wouldn't mind seeing in SSB4. Isaac as the new protagonist's alternate costume.

I like a few wild cards. I would love the dog from Duck Hunt and Tingle to be playable.

Edit: The only NES-era characters I am hoping to be playable in SSB4 are Takamaru, Little Mac, and the dog from Duck Hunt. Sukapon doesn't seem too likely to me if Sakurai allegedly turned him down twice and told some fans not to expect to see him in a future Smash game.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Honestly, do we really think we are going to get all three? Mewtwo, Lucario, and the 5th gen Pokemon? What about two of them? What if we only get one of them?

From a marketing point of view, I would probably go with adding the 5th gen Pokemon first to attract new Pokemon fans to Smash before I add Mewtwo to make old Smash fans happy. But then other Smash fans will complain about Lucario being removed in SSB4 and then Lucario would suddenly be the Mewtwo of SSB5 where the most wanted Pokemon for SSB5 is Lucario along with the 6th or 7th gen Pokemon. :urg:

ScoobyCafe

Smash Journeyman
Hmm...How about this?

*Insert great roster*
Pretty darn good. Here's my own roster, with more wild card goodness. <3

36.Samurai Goroh
37.Black Shadow
38.Next gen Rep
39.Isaac Clone
40.Little Mac
41.Isa or Saki
42.Mona or Jimmy T
43.Pokey
44.Ridley
45.K.Rool
46.Sukapon
47.Takamaru
48.Megaman
49.Black Mage or Chocobo
50.New FE Lord
51.Kamek or Baby Bros
52.Krystal or Leon
53.Andy
54.Lip
55.Ray
56.Bowser Jr or Toad
57.Toon Zelda or Midna
58.Dixie
59.Jill
60.Stafy
61.Geno

You like?

Also here's too not listing veterans and only listing which ones get axed on Roster posts.

Honestly, do we really think we are going to get all three? Mewtwo, Lucario, and the 5th gen Pokemon? What about two of them? What if we only get one of them?
Nope, replace Lucario with V gen pokemon. Lucario could still appear as a pokeball pokemon, using aura storm. The reason you hear the uproar for Mewtwo is because honestly, he's so much more badass. If V gen pokemon is sicker than Lucario, people wouldn't care all too much if he's gone or reduced to a pokeball pokemon.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
@ Scooby

It is an okay roster. But does Geno have to be there? He isn't one of the faces of Square Enix and Mario. No one cares about Geno outside of the Internet. Keep Chocobo & Slime and add both Bowser Jr. and Toad and I would be fine with it.

Maybe the fact Mewtwo wasn't a very popular character to play in tournaments could be part of the reason why it didn't come back in Brawl? There could be several factors against Mewtwo in Brawl.

- too many 1st gen Pokemon (and no one wants to remove Jigglypuff for Mewtwo or even Meowth)
- not the latest movie Pokemon (if Lucario wasn't the star of the first 4th gen movie, I doubt he would even get in)
- some similarities with Lucario (I see Lucario as an improved Mewtwo)

We don't know if and when the 5th gen games will be announced. Nintendo just released HeartGold/SoulSilver this year so maybe the 5th gen games might be announced within the next two years. If I see one of the 5th gen Pokemon that happens to be a humanoid like Mewtwo and Lucario and if it has similar moves such as Shadow Ball and Aura Sphere, especially when this Pokemon happens to be the star of a 5th gen Pokemon movie, I will be almost certain that this particular Pokemon would get in Smash and both Lucario and Mewtwo would be gone... and we still keep Jigglypuff. :rolleyes:

ScoobyCafe

Smash Journeyman
Well, you know me, I had to throw Geno in there. :p And I said before that I wasn't a fan of the Choco/Slime idea whatsoever.

On the topic of Mewtwo, the first factor I doubt really matters. He was going to be in regardless, but I think time constraints and something about the Pokemon company (forgot what they said) got in the way.

Second factor, Mewtwo doesn't need another movie, since he's already an established figure who starred in a few movies as well as other things. Funny, 'cause if Brawl was delayed a bit longer, I would probably say Darkrai would've gotten in over Lucario.

Third factor, Mewtwo isn't similar to Lucario at all. He was made that way in Brawl (not really), probably to make up for Mewtwo not being playable.

The last part I can't really comment on, since it's hypothetical. Still, it depends if that character is incredibly badass. If so, then so long Lucario. Mewtwo I'll still cling to, 'cause two badass humanoids is better than one.

Edit:

And Jiggs, honestly, I think she could go or should go. The more I think about it, the more I think this should happen <- this coming from a guy who wanted her to stay no matter what before. We should seriously talk about her being replaced.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I don't know why, but I'm going to say what I always say....Lucario by no means should get the boot for Mewtwo, because Lucario didn't kick Mewtwo out in the first place. That was Pokemon Trainer, which no one seems to want to give up....Still, if you take out Lucario, add in Mewtwo, and then add in the 5th gen rep, that just makes the overrepresentation of the first gen even worse, and I really don't think they are going to do that. Really the logic seems to be that there's some sort of revolving door policy for Pokemon when there is no proof of that as of yet. Instead it was just the idea of the PT getting thrown in there and screwing things up for Mewtwo.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Mewtwo's on there. I said there I replaced Lucario with Mewtwo, so that still made 35 (And I threw in the next gen pokemon rep on the actual list)
Why don't you just remove the "Next gen rep" and have both. You are adding a character that does not exist yet.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I've got a random question for you guys:

What do you want the art style to be like in the next game?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You think so? Personally, I'd like to see the characters to look more like they do from their source material. I'd rather see the Mario and related characters have the vibrant colors and whatnot that the Mario art style has. Some characters in Smash wouldn't have much to change, but some like Toon Link would have some major aesthetic changes.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team

From a marketing point of view, I would probably go with adding the 5th gen Pokemon first to attract new Pokemon fans to Smash before I add Mewtwo to make old Smash fans happy. But then other Smash fans will complain about Lucario being removed in SSB4 and then Lucario would suddenly be the Mewtwo of SSB5 where the most wanted Pokemon for SSB5 is Lucario along with the 6th or 7th gen Pokemon. :urg:
Logical here: 5th gen (Or whatever), Jiggs, PT, and Pika are staying. Mewtwo and Lucario...I don't know. I put mewtwo back but Lucario is also nice, along with the fact he's the posterboy to the 4th gen (Seriously, I can't find someone who posterboy's 3rd or 2nd gen well), and apparently Mewtwo was replaced from the Pokemon Co, so It's really undecided on what will happen to a 5th character.

There is one way we could get all three: downloadable content. I would be surprised if SSB4 didn't have any.
Finally! Another DLC Supporter! (Cept I'm now in it more for stages)

You like?
Yep, cept Leon is really unneeded, especially over Krystal.

Asides from that, pretty good, except It's really rather long (Heck, I thought mine went too far) Also I really don't think T would get in over Mona, but on the contrary, I had Claus as a technical on mine so whatever. :laugh:

Awesome Image
And last night, I have made history in this thread.

Why don't you just remove the "Next gen rep" and have both. You are adding a character that does not exist yet.
Because that and New FE Lord along with the retro are placeholders that we know most likely will happen.

Hero Dude

Smash Journeyman
In Brawl, Mewtwo and Lucario where supposed to be there together.
It would've been something like this: (not in order)

-Pikachu
-Jigglypuff
-Pokemon Trainer
-Mewtwo
-Lucario

With Mewtwo in SSB4, it would look something like this:

-Pikachu
-Pokemon Trainer
-Jigglypuff
-Next gen
-Mewtwo

Its all a matter of if they will replace Lucario with Mewtwo.
Lucario is new, but Mewtwo is classic and has fan demand.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Because that and New FE Lord along with the retro are placeholders that we know most likely will happen.
No we don't. There is no evidence to suggest this. Both Roy and Mewtwo were meant to be in Brawl, and Mewtwo had quite a lot of files left over. Also, why should we expect a character that does not exist yet?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Logical here: 5th gen (Or whatever), Jiggs, PT, and Pika are staying. Mewtwo and Lucario...I don't know. I put mewtwo back but Lucario is also nice, along with the fact he's the posterboy to the 4th gen (Seriously, I can't find someone who posterboy's 3rd or 2nd gen well), and apparently Mewtwo was replaced from the Pokemon Co, so It's really undecided on what will happen to a 5th character.
We really don't know what happened with Mewtwo during development. The way I see it, The Pokemon Company wanted Lucario done first before Mewtwo so Mewtwo was set aside. In the end, there wasn't enough time to get back to working on him.

Finally! Another DLC Supporter! (Cept I'm now in it more for stages)
Please let it be mostly for stages. DLC can be really bad for us if exploited. One can argue that it can done to fix glitches and to balance characters, a fighting game's metagame evolves overtime where removals and additions may not be needed.

Stages are sort of okay with me. I'd rather have a lot of new stuff in an updated release like SSFIV and Tekken 5: DR.

@Chu
We're making a logical assumption. Pokemon has been going for 4 generations and does not show any signs of stopping, the sam elogic applies to Fire Emblem, maybe even moreso. A long-standing, productive, series with 11 games is not suddenly going to stop making games. Pokemon is a little more iffy, but many people thought generation 3 was the last, and I persoanlly think they hav ebeen hinting at a new addition to the series come 5th generation (New type).

Also, if it matters I would have Mewtwo over Lucario

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That being said, I see Mewtwo as the better choice over Lucario. There's no real reason we can't have both, but Mewtwo is the more popular character, plus Lucario may have been a temporary advertising gig, and not a character meant to stay (see: Pichu).
Pichu was supposed to be a joke character in Melee, I don't think there was any advertising involved at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom