• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

majora_787

Smash Hero
What is with you and third parties?? My god...I'm not a purifist cult member like the people who think third parties shouldn't be in smash, but...You guys want EVERY third party in smash. The odds are probably 50-50 that snake and sonic will return for SSB4. 50-50 each. Even if they both return, I'd say we'd get two third parties tops. And I'd say less than 20% chance of that. So there'd be 1 third party most likely, even if snake and sonic return, which they might not.

Translation? In SSB4, if snake and sonic return (THATS A BIG IF PEOPLE!!!), we will get a total of THREE third parties tops. So we need to give it to someone meaningful. It will probably be Rayman, Megaman or Bomberman. Despite my feelings toward those three people, Megaman did fight, and Rayman had Rayman Arena. So those three, if we even get a new third party at all, will be the ones the choice is made from most likely.

And at kiranumber7, you forgot Koopa Klaw. And his punch attack which is his forward tilt. Also, need I list all of the good games I've played while you wasted your life playing sonic fighter? mario Kart SM64 Ocarina of Time Majora's Mask Goldeneye007 Kirby 64 Mario Kart DD Star Fox 64 Amazing Island Twilight Princess Melee Smash 64 Brawl Clash of Ninja Revolution Animal Crossing Animal Crossing Wildworld StarFox Command Resident Evil 4 Grand Theft Auto 4...That's all I got off the top of my head, I'll double check

Spire

III
BRoomer
tails fights in sonic battle and in sonic the fighters and once again not all of the moves have 2 b exactly from his game yes thats u -->:psycho:

name one time bowser used one of his moves in brawl in SMRPG oh thats rite fire, yay

sorry uve nvr played ny good games xcept brawl maybe u should b more animated

take ur own advice on looking stupid

nobody said the characters i piked r a must they r characters i like dont criticise wut u dont no :ohwell:
English please.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I don't think he CAN speak english.

Anyway, I really think we need to give third parties a break and just hope snake and sonic return. We should focus on characters we want in from this company and 2nd parties. (K. Rool, Bowser Jr., Animal Crosser, Leon/Krystal, Baby Mario Bros (Sound familiar spire?)) Third parties are all okay and great, but...really.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
And nobody I know plays sonic battle for a living because they have lives....well most of them do. Except for Ty who thinks Gex the gecko would be a good member in brawl.
Watch your Ty's buddy, I think I know who you mean that isn't me.

Encouraging a flame war is never a good idea. Please, restrain yourself from making hasty comments such as this.

As for a 2nd rep for the Sonic series:

25% - Tails: Mainly for playing the role as his sidekick.
20% - Knuckles: Originally an antagonist, he is now a lesser character now, a second sidekick so to speak.
10% - Shadow: A clone much? Could be just a filler character. Shadow is to Sonic as Kirby is to Meta Knight.
45% - No second rep: I can easily see Sonic just getting a slightly altered moveset, a new stage, more music, a boss, more trophies, and maybe a few more assist trophies. I just don't see another Sonic character being added.

Veggi

Smash Champion
StarFox Command, Krystal kept switching between Starfox and Starwolf depending on the ending.

Kiranumber7 -_- Name one time in brawl where tails fights. No? nothing? thought so.
Some of bowser's attacks are from SMRPG. Don't call someone stupid and then make yourself look stupid. Common sense. Also, his down + b was one of his attacks in the normal games.

And nobody I know plays sonic battle for a living because they have lives....well most of them do. Except for Ty who thinks Gex the gecko would be a good member in brawl.

NOTE: Gex would be a FUNNY and AMUSING member in brawl, not necessarily a GOOD one like Mario, Link and R.O.B.
Sonic was the only Sonic character that fought in Brawl, Shadow slowed down time, didn't fight though. It doesn't hurt Tails' chances. Also, what does playing Sonic Battle for a living have to do with Tails' chances in Brawl?

Also Kira, I understand what your saying, but alot of people don't like it when you talk like on IM.

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
tails fights in sonic battle and in sonic the fighters and once again not all of the moves have 2 b exactly from his game yes thats u -->:psycho:

name one time bowser used one of his moves in brawl in SMRPG oh thats rite fire, yay

nobody said the characters i piked r a must they r characters i like dont criticise wut u dont no :ohwell:
bowser uses the koopa claw, the begining of his side b, from mario rpg

Espio64

Smash Rookie
I'm the idiot who said Slippy! Everyone come point and laugh!
But seriously here goes.This is my hopes/story for a possible Smash Bros. sequel adventure mode.
I don't know what you'll think but I think it's kinda cool.
If you hate it blame it on those who showed interest.
But thanks to those who are open to it.

So we start out with the end of Subspace. The world is reforming and Tabuu and all the subspace creatures are dissolving into the purple mist/goo that they all spawned from. The world is safe and our heroes can rest.

Elsewhere in the mushroom kingdom, a certain hunter and his dog are out looking for ducks. NEWCOMER DUCK HUNT DOG. (sorry dude, he's too important to my story). The dog collects the ducks that have been shot down and stumbles upon a group of heroes out for a pleasant afternoon. He watches as a princess in pink, a yoshi, a mushroom man and two plumbers in red and green enjoy the sun outside of a castle. He turns back to find his master when all of a sudden a mass of purple, polygonal creatures appear from a portal and surround the group. They fight them off for a while until three new creatures join the fray. A large spiked Koopa, his paint brush wielding son and a cloaked flying koopa seize the heroes and drag them into a newly formed purple vortex. NEWCOMERS BOWSER JR. & KAMEK. Before he knows what has happened, the heroes are gone, except for the man in red. He fights with all his might and manages to keep himself from being sucked into the portal. When all is clear he collapses to the ground. The dog decides to approach him, but before he can a large Purple dinosaur plummets from the sky and seizes the man in red. NEWCOMER RIDLEY. They fly off out of sight as the dog cowers in the tall grass.

Elsewhere (yet again), in the Lylat System, the Star Fox team is in orbit above Corneria awaiting their next mission. Emergency sensors go off. There is apparently an intruder in the cargo bay. The team rushes down to confront the intruder. NEWCOMERS SLIPPY & KRYSTAL. The team arrives at the cargo bay to see there is nothing unusual. After a thorough search, Fox McCloud gives the order to secure anything in the room and open the bay doors in order to flush out any intruder. Just then a familiar voice from nowhere utters "Can't let you do that Star Fox". Wolf O'Donnell arrives via crazy purple portal along with an army of purple, polygonal fighters. They attack the star fox team without warning. Krystal escapes and goes to retrieve her magic staff for aid. Slippy finds high ground and begins to fire his assortment of powerful gadgets into the mob. Falco does his best to hold off his foes while Fox and Wolf enter into mortal combat. The purple crowd seizes Fox as Wolf comes down on him. They move into the portal with Fox as Wolf says "get the bird too". Krystal arrives and the three remaining Star Fox members hold the fighters off just long enough to see the portal close. Confused and angry, Falco assumes the role of leader and the Great Fox sets course for the Mushroom Kingdom in order to find help.

The Great Fox touches down in front of Princess Peach's castle. Falco knows that if anyone can help them retrieve Fox from the Fighting Polygons, it's the Super Mario Brothers. Upon arrival the Star Fox team is approached by a large group of Toads and a seemingly frightened looking dog. A rather worried toad tells Falco that their Princess, The Super Mario Brothers and their Yoshi have been taken away. NEWCOMER TOAD. He asks for help when Falco explains the same fate has befallen Fox. The dog then approaches them and barks frantically. Not understanding what it wants, Slippy reconfigures his translation device from Dinosaur Planet to let them be able to understand the dog. The dog tells of how he witnessed Bowser and Ridley kidnap the Mushroom Kingdom fighters and disappear in a purple vortex. He also tells them about how not long ago, when out hunting, he witnessed a similar scene where the Purple Polygons captured and took away a large white creature, slightly larger than a man, with a long tail and a purple aura about him. Under the assumption that Nintendo's greatest fighters must all be in danger, Falco and Toad send out a brigade of messengers to summon the rest of the Smash Bros. in order to plan a rescue operation.

Days pass and a crowd has gathered at Peach's castle. The summoned fighters include Meta Knight, Pit, the Pokemon Trainer, Lucas, Captain Olimar, Lucario, Sonic the Hedgehog and Solid Snake. Diddy Kong is there too accompanied by Dixie and Ike has brought Sothe and Maiciah for extra help. NEWCOMERS DIXIE KONG, SOTHE & MAICIAH. The last guest is a rather tough looking samurai who says he is there on behalf of Captain Falcon. NEWCOMER SAMURAI GOROH. He says that he found the Blue Falcon abandoned while he was traveling and entered the ship in an attempt to sabotage his rival. He was then approached by a toad who gave him a message to rely to Captain Falcon. Life is no fun without your rival, he states, so he came to see if he could help. Upon further discussion the group discovers that Donkey Kong, Link, Zelda, Samus, Kirby, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Ness, the Ice Climbers and Marth have all been captured by the Fighting Polygons and Nintendo's worst villains through either eye witness accounts or their lack of attendance. Falco, acting as Moderator of the discussion proposes that the group split into teams, this way they can attempt to retrieve their captured friends and stop the sudden uproar created by the villains.

Falco names himself captain of the first team, which includes Slippy, Toad (no pun intended) and the Dog, as these three won't stop clinging to him. Sothe is convinced he must team up with Ike, because of his respect for the fighter. Therefore because of her dislike for Ike (hah), Maiciah joins team Falco as well. Ike is captain of team two, which consists of himself and Sothe. Team Metaknight will take an aerial approach to the matter so he teams up with Pit.
The Pokemon Trainer is made captain of team four, reuniting him with his buddy Lucas. Diddy and Dixie join this group as well. Snake and Samurai Goroh can't seem to decide who should be captain of their team and a rumble breaks out. Captain Olimar is caught in the crossfire until Krystal steps in to save him. She vows to protect the little man from the two hotheads and Team Snake is formed. Last but not least, the cool, blue speedsters unite, Lucario and Sonic makeup up Team Sonic. The six teams go on their separate ways and discover great unrest in the world of Nintendo.

While exploring the heroes battle through the likes of Koopa Troopas, Goombas and various other Mushroom Kingdom badniks, Kritters/Kremlings, Generic Kirby enemies (I don't know much about them), Various LoZ enemies (OoT, MM, TP), Space Pirates, Andross' minions, Dark Pokemon, Black Knight's Army, Pig Mask Army, Starmen etc. These armies of villains are seemingly unified under some dark force trying to control the world of Nintendo. All are under the orders of such leaders as Bowser, Wolf, Ganondorf, Wario and King Dedede. Along with NEWCOMERS KING K ROOL, VAATI, DARK SAMUS, SYLUX, ROCKET TRAINER, BLACK KNIGHT, BLACK SHADOW & THE MASKED MAN (CLAUS).

While out on the adventure, Team Falco come across the Black Knight's army. They make their way through to the Black Knight himself. Once he is defeated, the former partnership between himself and Maiciah is made known and he gives the team inside information on the villains. They are all under the orders of CRAZY HAND. He has promised them reign over whatever they can conquer. In order to do this they had to imprison Nintendo's greatest fighters. Crazy Hand though being absent from the Subspace Emissary story was formulating plans and to overthrow the Master Hand and conquer the world, and did not manage to factor in the new fighters to join the Smash Bros. Therefore only characters from Melee, (with the exception of Falco who escaped) were taken. Crazy hand holds the sixteen missing fighters captive where he dwells in Subspace. In order to get there to rescue them, seven pieces of a key must be assembled to open the gateway to Subspace. However these seven key parts have been scattered across the planet and are guarded by possessed creatures. Two of these are R.O.B. and Mr. Game & Watch. The other five guards are NEWCOMERS BUBBLES, DARKRAI, SUKAPON, MIDNA & GENO. Black Knight also tells the team that Crazy Hand has been controlling a powerful Psychic creature, the source of the psychic forces and purple mist that has been creating and transporting creatures recently and throughout Brawl's Subspace Emissary. After Tabuu was defeated, Master Hand escaped from Crazy Hand's control and so Crazy Hand will stop at nothing to imprison him and the world's fighters again.

Knowing now how they must save their friends, Falco sends the other teams instructions about finding the Subspace keys and their guards. While searching, the various teams meet up with new heroes that have formed coalitions to defeat the enemies that are taking over their homes. These new heroes are NEWCOMERS ISAAC, K K SLIDER, LOLO, TAKAMARU, RAY 01, DK JR., ANDY, BOMBERMAN & MEGAMAN. The newly assembled teams defeat the first six guards and obtain the subspace keys. They meet up and find the last guard Geno. When they discover him, they realize that through his magical powers he has resisted the Psychic control of Crazy Hand's beast. He gives the Smash Bros. the last key and the mass of characters journey to the Subspace Realm together.

Here they find Crazy Hand with seventeen new possessed guards and the sixteen evil figureheads. The heroes must battle through the possessed original smash bros. and Master Hand to release the psychic hold on them. Now that Crazy Hand is left with nothing but his Psychic beast, the Nintendo Villains call for a mutiny and denounce alliance with it. The new giant roster of Smash Bros. join together to defeat and release Crazy Hand's captive controller RETURNING MEWTWO. Once he can think straight again, Mewtwo is pissed. He missed Brawl for this?! The final showdown begins as Mewtwo with your pick of the almost 70 other fighters I think I've listed join forces to defeat Crazy Hand. With his defeat, Subspace is permanently destroyed and peace is restored to the world of Nintendo… for now.

Yeah I know, big whoop, lame story. I posted it. I know most of you probably think it's a waste of time, but if you want me to elaborate on interactions with villains or finding newcomers I'd be happy to.
Again, Its my story, like it or hate it, it most likely will never happen, so don't waste forum space telling me i'm an idiot. Otherwise thanks for reading.

KiraNumber7

Smash Apprentice
dam i didnt think so many people would criticise me 4 writing (typng) shorter

sorry i got carried away majora i appologize but the point is u dont have 2 rely on statistics if enough people complain it can happen *cough*sonic*cough*

and true all good games u play i disagree with gta4 but thats my personal opinion koopa klaw is no longer in brawl by the way
i suppose the punch is ok (i was mainly refering 2 special attacks)

_Mar_

Smash Cadet
I wasn't really impressed with the subspace emissary and I'm hoping that they do something else and make it more challenging. I was able to get through the whole thing with little to no experience at all and it was also very repetitive.

As far as characters go, I'm hoping that they add Cloud from Final Fantasy, I'm sure they could come up with the moves pretty easily too.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

Red Hot Kick versus Falcon Kick? Which would win?

Side note: No Viewtiful Joe. His series (unfortunately) wasn't big enough to even be considered for consideration for Smash inclusion.
Viewtiful Joe would be awesome. I can already see a moveset for him:

B: Voomerang
Works like the original. It does not come back. Has a lot of lag, but it makes up in its strength.

Side B: Yamaarashi Chain
Works like Marth's Sword Dance. Instead of sword swings, Joe does punches and kicks. At the end of the chain, Joe grabs the opponent and tosses them down to the ground and they bounce back up.

Up B: Vertical Screw
Joe's zoomed jump from the game.

Down B: Viewtiful Forever
Joe counters an attack by first dodging the attack and then does a pose that damages anyone in range. Has a lot of after lag.

Final Smash: Mach Speed
Joe disappears, suddenly, a bunch of Joe mirages come and go while attacking the opponents. The attack cannot be dodged. Thankfully, the attacks will likely not kill you. After the attack is performed, Jow will glow red and any attacks that he inflicts on opponents will have a fire effect added for ten seconds.

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
dude the dog really doesn't have to be there. He could be replaced by any other newcomer. But other then that its real good. But i sort of thought of it starting back in subspace where you see master hand laying on the ground from a low angle. Then you see mewtwo's feet, and you see him use recover on master hand. and then he teleports crazy hand to him and they begin to plan their revenge.

Espio64

Smash Rookie
However you wanna add or subtract to it, be my guest, it can be elaborated on craploads more. I just wanna see Mewtwo in the next game and bring in a lot of those characters you know or don't know who are Nintendo's most interesting in an intriguing story.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I second the idea for a new SSE. We need a plothole-less storyline where all of the characters have a beginning, instead of showing up at the end (SONIC!!!!!! -_-)

superman969

Smash Journeyman
As far as characters go, I'm hoping that they add Cloud from Final Fantasy, I'm sure they could come up with the moves pretty easily too.
This makes me wanna punch a baby. I'm serious, I hate ideas like this. All we need know is Master Chief and the game will be perfect!!1!

And to Kira, I never said I didn't enjoy the Bomberman games, they are loads of fun, as was FF7, but these characters, (especially Cloud) don't have any importance to Nintendo.

On a different note, unless Subspace or something like that makes a DRASTIC improvement, I will be p*ssed if it's back in. It was a complete waste of my time, and the only reason I bothered to complete it so I could get Wolf, Jiggs, and TL (too lazy to sit there and do 450 battles)

Espio64

Smash Rookie
To Superman969
Have you ever played Wario Blast?
It has him against Bomberman in a Bomberman style game.
I'm not trying to criticize your comment or anything, I just thought it was fun, and it ups Bomberman's importance to Nintendo slightly.
Crap I don't think I would find Wario very appealing at all if it weren't for that game.
That's got to count for something.

superman969

Smash Journeyman
To Superman969
Have you ever played Wario Blast?
It has him against Bomberman in a Bomberman style game.
I'm not trying to criticize your comment or anything, I just thought it was fun, and it ups Bomberman's importance to Nintendo slightly.
Crap I don't think I would find Wario very appealing at all if it weren't for that game.
That's got to count for something.
have I played what when with who? haha, but really, what system was that for? I haven't heard of it, ever, possibly because I'm youngerish (15) and don't know much about older games.

Although this DOES up his importance, you pointed out that it ups it SLIGHTLY. The game wasn't a hit (I don't think?), and obviously wasn't very significant to Nintendo itself nor does it have a massive fanbase like Sonic, Megaman, Geno, Isaac, or Snake.

I'm not criticizing you in any way, shape, or form, and I did like how you put the time into the story, and it wasn't bad at all. I hate people who's have an opinion, don't support it, then flame everyone else who disagrees.

Intelligent discussions ftw

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I wasn't really impressed with the subspace emissary and I'm hoping that they do something else and make it more challenging. I was able to get through the whole thing with little to no experience at all and it was also very repetitive.

Cloud you say? hmm.. who wouldn't wanna see him fighting against Link.

but all seriousness, Cloud's chance are slim to none, since he's hardly been on a Nintendo system, plus do you think Square would lend him so easily? I think not, unfortunetly.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
have I played what when with who? haha, but really, what system was that for? I haven't heard of it, ever, possibly because I'm youngerish (15) and don't know much about older games.

Although this DOES up his importance, you pointed out that it ups it SLIGHTLY. The game wasn't a hit (I don't think?), and obviously wasn't very significant to Nintendo itself nor does it have a massive fanbase like Sonic, Megaman, Geno, Isaac, or Snake.

I'm not criticizing you in any way, shape, or form, and I did like how you put the time into the story, and it wasn't bad at all. I hate people who's have an opinion, don't support it, then flame everyone else who disagrees.

Intelligent discussions ftw
First thing I'll say, is boy, get yourself some Wii points, and start playing classic games.

(Super Mario World, the Donkey Kong Country trilogy, LoZ A link to the past, Bomberman 64, etc. etc.) If you'e played any of those I listed, look for others.

Another thing I'll touch on, that is not directed to you yourself.

Why does Geno have a large fanbase? Why? What significant thing has he done in more than 1 game? Yes. I played SMRPG and beat it. I still dont see the reason why a co-star of the game has such a large fanbase. He was in one game, and showed up once in another. Wow.

This certainly makes him amazing, and worthy to be a 3rd party addition to Super Smash Bros.....

3rd Party characters important and worthy enough to be added because of prestige and support of Nintendo (The exception to this rule is Snake)

1. Sonic
2. Megaman
3. Bomberman
Hororable Mention for other reasons: Snake

Also, all of the above are video-game icons. Most if not everyone knows who they are in some shape or form. Geno? No. Every single one of my friends, even those who played SMGPG, would be like "Who?" or "Geno? Why Him?"

(Actually, I dont just see why Hudson doesnt become a developer for Nintendo, as I dont even remember any Bomberman games on a system other than a Nintendo system.)

What has Geno done for Nintendo? He wasnt the one that sold SMRPG. People were attracted to SMPRPG because of the name Mario and the phrse RPG. Not because of Geno, thus, he should have no importance to Nintendo developers at all.

Lets look at the 4 I listed.

1. Sonic - Many Sonic games have been created for Nintendo, and exclusively for Nintendo, since the collapse of Sega's game system market.

2. Megaman - He got his start on the NES, is loved by fans everywhere, and brought in a large amount of income for Nintendo back in the day.

3. Bomberman - The star of several, several Nintendo games since the collapse in the early 90s of Hudson's Turbografx system. He's the most non-3rd party of all of the 3rd-partys. Likewise, most people recognize him as well.

4. Snake - Snake. The figure synonymous with the phrase "stealth game". Every one of his games was revolutionary, and lets face it, MGS - The Twin Snakes was a massive cash-cow during the gamecube era, as MGS fans, even if they did not own a gamecube, most likely bought one JUST to play the game. Which was even more income for Nintendo.

So Snake, while his series has not been a benefactor to Nintendo overall over the years, the sales of Twin Snakes, and tje overall iconic status of him, are more than enough to qualify him. (plus, cmon, he's a magnet for non-nintendoites to buy the smash games)

So where does someone as insignificant as Geno fit into all of this? Nowhere.

I'm very sorry Geno fans, I've seen the sample movesets, I remember the character. It would all be great, but come on, when facing reality, do you REALLY think Geno has a chance against the other 2 third party choices that arent in a smash game already?

Espio64

Smash Rookie
I agree. (With intelligent discussions being good)
I'm only 19, so it's not that big of a difference.
It was a gameboy game Called Wario Blast, though I believe in Japan (read this on Wikipedia) it was released without Wario and was a standard Bomberman game.
It was because of this game that I always thought Bomberman was a Nintendo owned character, it wasn't until later that I discovered that he wasn't. I had just assumed Bomberman 64 was Mario 64 with bombs. (They're both fun I mean).
It was just like a Bomberman game, except for blowing up the little happy, crazy balloon/gopher things, you had to corner wario (or bomberman depending on who you chose at start) and blow them up.
This is one of the reasons I want Bomberman for a Smash Sequel, so like the finally realized battle between Mario and Sonic in Brawl, we can have another classic rematch between Wario and Bomberman.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I agree.
I'm only 19, so it's not that big of a difference.
It was a gameboy game Called Wario Blast, though I believe in Japan (read this on Wikipedia) it was released without Wario and was a standard Bomberman game.
It was because of this game that I always thought Bomberman was a Nintendo owned character, it wasn't until later that I discovered that he wasn't. I had just assumed Bomberman 64 was Mario 64 with bombs. (They're both fun I mean).
It was just like a Bomberman game, except for blowing up the little happy, crazy balloon/gopher things, you had to corner wario (or bomberman depending on who you chose at start) and blow them up.
This is one of the reasons I want Bomberman for a Smash Sequel, so like the finally realized battle between Mario and Sonic in Brawl, we can have another classic rematch between Wario and Bomberman.
I completely agree with the final sentence.

well, actually, I agree with all of the post that was something I could agree with.

Bomberman = win. Bomberman fighting Wario = uber win.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Why does Geno have a large fanbase? Why? What significant thing has he done in more than 1 game? Yes. I played SMRPG and beat it. I still dont see the reason why a co-star of the game has such a large fanbase. He was in one game, and showed up once in another. Wow.

This certainly makes him amazing, and worthy to be a 3rd party addition to Super Smash Bros.....

3rd Party characters important and worthy enough to be added because of prestige and support of Nintendo (The exception to this rule is Snake)

1. Sonic
2. Megaman
3. Bomberman
Hororable Mention for other reasons: Snake

Also, all of the above are video-game icons. Most if not everyone knows who they are in some shape or form. Geno? No. Every single one of my friends, even those who played SMGPG, would be like "Who?" or "Geno? Why Him?"

(Actually, I dont just see why Hudson doesnt become a developer for Nintendo, as I dont even remember any Bomberman games on a system other than a Nintendo system.)

What has Geno done for Nintendo? He wasnt the one that sold SMRPG. People were attracted to SMPRPG because of the name Mario and the phrse RPG. Not because of Geno, thus, he should have no importance to Nintendo developers at all.

Lets look at the 4 I listed.

1. Sonic - Many Sonic games have been created for Nintendo, and exclusively for Nintendo, since the collapse of Sega's game system market.

2. Megaman - He got his start on the NES, is loved by fans everywhere, and brought in a large amount of income for Nintendo back in the day.

3. Bomberman - The star of several, several Nintendo games since the collapse in the early 90s of Hudson's Turbografx system. He's the most non-3rd party of all of the 3rd-partys. Likewise, most people recognize him as well.

4. Snake - Snake. The figure synonymous with the phrase "stealth game". Every one of his games was revolutionary, and lets face it, MGS - The Twin Snakes was a massive cash-cow during the gamecube era, as MGS fans, even if they did not own a gamecube, most likely bought one JUST to play the game. Which was even more income for Nintendo.

So Snake, while his series has not been a benefactor to Nintendo overall over the years, the sales of Twin Snakes, and tje overall iconic status of him, are more than enough to qualify him. (plus, cmon, he's a magnet for non-nintendoites to buy the smash games)

I'm very sorry Geno fans, I've seen the sample movesets, I remember the character. It would all be great, but come on, when facing reality, do you REALLY think Geno has a chance against the other 2 third party choices that arent in a smash game already?

GOD THANK YOU!! Finally someone who thinks exactly like I do :chuckle:

Geno indede only has been in only ONE game and therefore doesn't deserve it as much as Bomberman, Megaman who are bigger. better, more significant that Geno

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
gannondorf4ever said:
Actually, I dont just see why Hudson doesnt become a developer for Nintendo, as I dont even remember any Bomberman games on a system other than a Nintendo system.
Bomberman has been on Playstation, PS2, XBOX, 360, PSP, Sega Saturn among others. Some of these games are recent, too, like the XBLA online multiplayer version.

By the way, Hudson is owned by Konami. Just FYI.

Espio64

Smash Rookie
To be perfectly honest, I've never played Mario RPG, and knew squat about Geno. I included him in my story, and support his inclusion because he's interesting. I had never heard of him before all the speculation over Brawl was huge. I researched him and now I'd like to see what he can do. I personally think he should count as a Mario Series character, and doesn't deserve a spot over Bomberman if he were a third party character.
The same goes for a lot of characters I like. By doing research on them and going out and playing these old games, though they may only be in one game, their potential for being a cool Smash character rises and their fan bases grow.

Similarities to this:
Bubbles - I got bored looked up stuff about Donkey Kong. He's playable in DK King of Swing.
I looked up Clu Clu Land, seemed interesting, and there's an Item (the Unira) from this game in Brawl.
The developers have acknowledged his game, so he could be cool.
Lolo - I wanted to see what (if any) other Kirby characters might be fun in Smash. I ran across Lolo (Lololo in Kirby) and his connections to the Kirby games and HAL Laboratory.
I read about his Eggerland games and found him fascinating. He may not be the best fit for Smash but he's interesting and deserves at least a minutes worth of consideration.
Darkrai - All I know about this dude I saw in the latest Pokemon movie. Though it had less of a plot than some of the other Pokemon movies, I found the character of Darkrai to be very cool. He has potential for a cool moveset and is developing a large following.
So i've kind of become a fan (though i'm a hardcore Mewtwo, Raichu, Scizor, Bulbasaur, anything first or second gen fan)

So some characters, like Geno, though they may not be the most famous, may fit well because they're interesting. To be perfectly honest, of the characters that are very important in Nintendo's history, only Ridley, Dixie Kong and a few others haven't become playable in smash yet.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Bomberman has been on Playstation, PS2, XBOX, 360, PSP, Sega Saturn among others. Some of these games are recent, too, like the XBLA online multiplayer version.

By the way, Hudson is owned by Konami. Just FYI.
Good lord, I had no idea.

Oh my god!!! Thats terrible! Looks what they've done to loveable old Bomberman!

This greatly saddens my soul, how such a fantastic, fan friendly character could be turned into something so hideously malformed created simply to appeal to the violence-loving gamers who run rampant today.

I own Bioshock, Dead Rising, and other games, but to turn an iconic character like Bomberman into a character who looks like he belongs in Halo =/= a good idea...

And apparently, the game was terrible as well. I'm not buying it for myself to find out however, thats not the bomberman I remember.

At least Nintendo still recognizes this Bomberman:

And hopefully, if he does join the fray in Smash 4, Nintendo will ask for this version. (I dont see why they wouldnt, the other has only been on the 360.)

Spire

III
BRoomer

This greatly saddens my soul, how such a fantastic, fan friendly character could be turned into something so hideously malformed created simply to appeal to the violence-loving gamers who run rampant today.

I own Bioshock, Dead Rising, and other games, but to turn an iconic character like Bomberman into a character who looks like he belongs in Halo =/= a good idea...

And apparently, the game was terrible as well. I'm not buying it for myself to find out however, thats not the bomberman I remember.

And hopefully, if he does join the fray in Smash 4, Nintendo will ask for this version. (I dont see why they wouldnt, the other has only been on the 360.)
It would definitely be White Bomber, not that "Iron Man-Bomberman". He appeared in the somewhat recent Bomberman Land for the Wii and will be appearing (along with Black Bomber, Red Bomber, Blue Bomber, and many others) in the upcoming WiiWare title "Bomberman", which is essentially the classic Bomberman style game, but online.

Just for your information, they based that 360 design on the original (I'm talking first Bomberman game) design of Bomberman, who was nothing like the good ol' White Bomber.

Anyways, I hope that they make a new Bomberman adventure game for the Wii - similar to Bomberman 64 and Hero; two of my all time favorite video games.

Oracle

Smash Master
Personally, I want Ryu, Ken and Akuma from street fighter, but that's never gonna happen.

They're the original clones!

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings

What the hell? That's Bomberman?

Anyways, a few characters I'd like to see in Brawl off the top of my head:

King K. Rool
Meowth
Mewtwo
Ray MK
Megaman
Simon Belmont
Isaac
Animal Crosser
Nintendog
Bowser Jr.
Dr. Robotnik
Ridley

Oh, and Master Chief.
...Seriously.

peachfvl

Smash Apprentice
street fighter for ssbb
akuma/ken/ryu in one character, each one with 2 or 3 different color in there costume, you cant transform into another they are one character but in one char. slot

B(hadoken):
akuma´s hadoken in the air will go like sheiks needles, ken´s and ryu´s will go horizontal and ryu´s will have a fire effect. It should have about the same speed as wolf´s blaster but a bit more range. 5% dmg ( for ryu´s 7% dmg)

up B(shoryuken):
ken´s will have fire effect and all will gain the same height as marth´s up B. 13% dmg(16% dmg for ken´s).

side B(rotating kicks):
akuma´s will have dark effect. if all hits connect ,7, 21% dmg 3% each hit(24% for akuma). travels about 3/4 peach bomber´s length. Can be used in the air without turning into free fall state.

down B(parry):
does a parry(counter) with set knockback and dmg(8%)

final smashes
ken´s shoryuureppa: a short height shoryuken->mid height shoryuken-> full height shoryuken. 52% dmg and can kill above 30%

ryu´s super hadoken: can be charged for 5 sec. will travel very fast. uncharged 35% fully charged 60%

akuma´s: the screen will go all dark like togepi´s nightmare and will have MK´s FS range
the number of hits would be displayed and it will be a total of 16 and its a sure KO

btw geno, king k.rool, banjo&kazooie, bomberman, cloud, megaman, sephiroth(we need more villians and if there is cloud then sephiroth will be in for sure), Dr. Eggman all should be in for ssbb4. and they should make a portable console with a smash bros. game

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.

So Snake, while his series has not been a benefactor to Nintendo overall over the years, the sales of Twin Snakes, and the overall iconic status of him, are more than enough to qualify him. (plus, cmon, he's a magnet for non-nintendoites to buy the smash games)

Ah, I finally met a sane person who has included Bomberman in the list of 3rd Party characters. I discussed about 3rd party characters for Brawl earlier in SWF and looked very similar to this, with every character you mentioned. I'm a little skeptical about Snake, but I'm pretty sure he will return in the future installment. Sakurai wanted him in the game because one of his friends developed Snake, and thought about featuring him as a playable character. Now that there will be a new developer, that friendly favor will not be taken into consideration, he will have to have high popularity (well, he already has that). But this is the main issue: The Metal Gear series is coming to a close, MGS4 seems to be the last game in the series (unless Konomi does something really weird). This may lead to an exclusion in the future installments of the Smash series. As no more Metal Gear games are developed, his popularity as a character will presumably lower, but you never know.
Wow, how great minds think alike.

infernovia

Smash Ace
Isaac would be an awesome addition, a swordsman with Ness like feel to his gameplay (you know what I mean, not really a quick marth like addition, but one that works more with histun and interesting projectile/physics).

Edit: I am not actually sure why so many people like Sonic. I am more akin to bomberman myself.

More importantly, I want it to be in another console, one that has a decent internet play and a more varied approach to smash PvP. A faster internet also allows smash to dramatically speed up which should hopefully quicken the matches and let us kill at earlier than 150%.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Ah, I finally met a sane person who has included Bomberman in the list of 3rd Party characters. I discussed about 3rd party characters for Brawl earlier in SWF and looked very similar to this, with every character you mentioned. I'm a little skeptical about Snake, but I'm pretty sure he will return in the future installment. Sakurai wanted him in the game because one of his friends developed Snake, and thought about featuring him as a playable character. Now that there will be a new developer, that friendly favor will not be taken into consideration, he will have to have high popularity (well, he already has that). But this is the main issue: The Metal Gear series is coming to a close, MGS4 seems to be the last game in the series (unless Konomi does something really weird). This may lead to an exclusion in the future installments of the Smash series. As no more Metal Gear games are developed, his popularity as a character will presumably lower, but you never know.
Wow, how great minds think alike.

I dunno, I think Sakurai will develop SSB4 as well, given that he said the same thing after he developed Melee.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Sorry, this is totally off-topic and all, but...

First thing I'll say, is boy, get yourself some Wii points, and start playing classic games.

(Super Mario World, the Donkey Kong Country trilogy, LoZ A link to the past, Bomberman 64, etc. etc.) If you'e played any of those I listed, look for others.
Is Bomberman 64 really on the Wii Shop Channel????? I must have missed that... I'm gonna have to buy some more Wii points if it is..... Or were you just listing some good classics?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Sorry, this is totally off-topic and all, but...

Is Bomberman 64 really on the Wii Shop Channel????? I must have missed that... I'm gonna have to buy some more Wii points if it is..... Or were you just listing some good classics?
Haha well, sorry, Bomberman 64 isnt on the WiiShop (Not yet anyway), and I guess I just started listing classics.

Sorry for the confusion. :)

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Haha well, sorry, Bomberman 64 isnt on the WiiShop (Not yet anyway), and I guess I just started listing classics.

Sorry for the confusion. :)
Dang, you had me so excited.... Lol. I used to play that game at my friend's house all the time. Loved it. I would love to get my hands on that one.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Dang, you had me so excited.... Lol. I used to play that game at my friend's house all the time. Loved it. I would love to get my hands on that one.
Sorry :(

I'd love that too...what a game that was.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Viewtiful Joe would be awesome. I can already see a moveset for him:

B: Voomerang
Works like the original. It does not come back. Has a lot of lag, but it makes up in its strength.

Side B: Yamaarashi Chain
Works like Marth's Sword Dance. Instead of sword swings, Joe does punches and kicks. At the end of the chain, Joe grabs the opponent and tosses them down to the ground and they bounce back up.

Up B: Vertical Screw
Joe's zoomed jump from the game.

Down B: Viewtiful Forever
Joe counters an attack by first dodging the attack and then does a pose that damages anyone in range. Has a lot of after lag.

Final Smash: Mach Speed
Joe disappears, suddenly, a bunch of Joe mirages come and go while attacking the opponents. The attack cannot be dodged. Thankfully, the attacks will likely not kill you. After the attack is performed, Jow will glow red and any attacks that he inflicts on opponents will have a fire effect added for ten seconds.

Thank you for believing so too.
Viewtiful Joe first came from the cube. So a nintendo/ out source wouldn't be a problem.

Oh and instead of his Smash Power being just mach speed, change it to "Slow Zoom Red Hot One Hundred". (Strongest move in the game) pose and everything.

oh and fyi, A red hot kick could beat CF kick any day.
-t2

MECH

Smash Rookie
Tripping needs to go away! There is no reason it should be in. It adds no in game value.
Mega Man would be a nice addition, but I'm not sure about Snake. He doesn't seem like he belongs in the SSB games. That said, I would love to see Altair (Assassin's Creed) in the game, but he will never be in it. And is there speculation of a new SSB in the works? Lastly, glitches! Loved learning all of the glitches and learning about them in melee.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Tripping needs to go away! There is no reason it should be in. It adds no in game value.
Mega Man would be a nice addition, but I'm not sure about Snake. He doesn't seem like he belongs in the SSB games. That said, I would love to see Altair (Assassin's Creed) in the game, but he will never be in it. And is there speculation of a new SSB in the works? Lastly, glitches! Loved learning all of the glitches and learning about them in melee.
How does Altair fit in SSB, but not Snake? o_O;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom