• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS OFFICIAL SMASH BROS 4 3DS TOURNAMENT Today! NEED STREAMER ASAP!

What day would this tourney work best for you?

• October 3rd

Votes: 12 8.5%
  • October 4th

Votes: 39 27.7%
  • October 11th

Votes: 90 63.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Finsom25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
finsom25
3DS FC
3780-9567-3401
this was a fun tourny, i cant wait for the next! now that the game is released, we now know who were good with and could chose someone better. and maybe more stages could be added for picking!

Spirst

I got to fight him! :)
But now we're up!
Alright, host that ****. Also, to be clear, what happens if you win vs I win the first set? Does the bracket only reset if you take set 1?

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Alright, host that ****. Also, to be clear, what happens if you win vs I win the first set? Does the bracket only reset if you take set 1?
Whoever wins the 3/5 set this time will be declared the winner. I don't think its necessary to do it over again.

Themandme

Smash Ace
NNID
shadowthehegehog
3DS FC
3222-5798-4330
I am so so sorry that i missed it something came up.
My apologizes for taking a spot that could have gone to someone else

Spirst

Yeah, good games. There was some heavy lag though but no johns. Play me in friendlies? I want to learn that matchup.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Supreme Champion: Speedshocker
Worthy Adversary: Spirst
Maybe Next Time: D3RK_

4th place:
Ceadda

5th place tie:
KoiKazma
Xhyrri

7th place tie:
Squirvizard
Finsom25

9th place tie:

ebr64
Scourge
LinkedKnight
fearlessleader

13th place tie:

WernerHerzog
Raijinken
PowerFungryFool
PinkPuffBall

17th place tie:
kboyrulez12345
LckyAce
RascalTC
RCyclone
Gameshow349
SuperMii3D
Kirbyquake
Aura Warrior

25th place tie:
NivinyaFate
Captain_Norris
dd_ray
Hibiki_
Themandme
CloudX128

Last edited:

Spirst

Alright, fair enough. This was a fun tournament. I'll get it next time. Could've swore the bracket resets though. I have two losses but only lost once.

Last edited:

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
Honestly the fact that I'm not dead last because of someone not being able to play their match makes me feel even more horrible than if I just came last.

Anyway good job @ ミスティック Speed ミスティック Speed and @ Captain Norris Captain Norris ! There were some hiccups here and there in regards to streaming, players dropping out and such but I think the two of you handled things well. Great effort making it run (mostly?) on time as well. :)

Spirst

Haha, I was hoping there'd be streaming. Yeah, I think this was organized and run pretty well. Five hours is more than I suspected though. I'm sure it'll go even faster in the future now that this was established to be working alright.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Btw, I would like to inform everyone that part of the reason we hosted this tournament with the "single character rule" was to get a feel on certain MU's. If you have anything to report, please post it here. :)

Last edited:

RCyclone

Smash Apprentice
NNID
rcyclone
3DS FC
0490-7017-9432
Switch FC
3291-1218-6623
I feel that Ganondorf with customs moves is pretty solid depending on the right setup, however He seems to have a hard time with certain characters, in my case Pikachu and Dark Pit due to their fast highly combo able moves.

And Hey I wasn't dead last for once!

improvement huzzah!

Last edited:

EarthBoundRules

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4399-0517-2480
Pacman seems to have lots of trouble with characters that don't allow him to camp with projectiles and whose powerful moves have little ending lag. I'm going to search for a secondary who can deal with such characters.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Dark Pit felt pretty solid for the most part. He did, however...struggle with characters that could easily gimp him. Greninja is a very difficult MU- but I already knew this from past experiences. Dark Pit also can struggle with players who play a very good defensive game since he lacks decent kill moves. (Not as bad as Pit in Brawl, but still noticeably so.)

Spirst

Dark Pit felt pretty solid for the most part. He did, however...struggle with characters that could easily gimp him. Greninja is a very difficult MU- but I already knew this from past experiences. Dark Pit also can struggle with players who play a very good defensive game since he lacks decent kill moves. (Not as bad as Pit in Brawl, but still noticeably so.)
I'm not sure how much of it was due to the lag, but that MU felt difficult for me too. Greninja, aside from a sweetspotted usmash, also has some difficulties with KO power. He gets his premature kills through gimps, but Dark Pit's recovery isn't easy to gimp. The ledge sweetspot mechanic makes it even harder to punish his recovery. Also, the disjointed hitboxes from Dark Pit make it difficult to approach and stay in proximity. The side b fist is a pain in the ass since it has SA frames and can eat through pretty much everything. It can be punished, yeah, but it works as an effective surprise. Also I noticed you did dthrow-uair pretty often. Is that a guaranteed follow-up? I know that DI was pretty nerfed in this game and I don't believe the hitstun wears off enough at that point to airdodge.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I'm not sure how much of it was due to the lag, but that MU felt difficult for me too. Greninja, aside from a sweetspotted usmash, also has some difficulties with KO power. He gets his premature kills through gimps, but Dark Pit's recovery isn't easy to gimp. The ledge sweetspot mechanic makes it even harder to punish his recovery. Also, the disjointed hitboxes from Dark Pit make it difficult to approach and stay in proximity. The side b fist is a pain in the *** since it has SA frames and can eat through pretty much everything. It can be punished, yeah, but it works as an effective surprise. Also I noticed you did dthrow-uair pretty often. Is that a guaranteed follow-up? I know that DI was pretty nerfed in this game and I don't believe the hitstun wears off enough at that point to airdodge.
D-throw has many follow ups, most of which are true combos. For some characters, he can immediately chain it into his up-smash. However, for others, I need to go directly for an aerial attack.

Spirst

D-throw has many follow ups, most of which are true combos. For some characters, he can immediately chain it into his up-smash. However, for others, I need to go directly for an aerial attack.
That's interesting. Greninja's uthrow is similar. On certain characters, he can directly go into usmash from a uthrow at low percents but on others, he needs to follow up with an uair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom