• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sheik in B+ Guide

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Quit Sheik, play Fox.

I'll edit this post once I stop being lazy with an actual guide. You guys can discuss her in here since the old thread was locked.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
I think Ying yay said he was going to make the sheik+ guide.......
I saw him post about that but I don't have much to do over summer break so I figured after all these years I should contribute something to the community :chuckle:.
Plus any guide written by me would no doubt be sexier than a guide written by anyone else

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
lmao the day Spam does something productive for someone else is the day I will admit that he isn't a lil peeshashiet.

Chaos Reign

Smash Cadet
I know Snake gives her problems when she can't get within his comfort zone, but once she does that Sheik can really give him a beating. Other than Snake though, is their any other characters that she has trouble approaching?

Also I'd imagine another problem for Sheik+ is someone with an exceptional recovery, as it seems Sheik focuses on gimping more than anything else now.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
Umm.....I already made the guide. I'll post it up again and you can just put it in the opening

A SHEIK BRAWL+ GUIDE/MATCHUP THREAD

Overview

-Sheik obviously got some major improvements due to that fact that hitstun was added in Brawl+. She is now able to combo her opponents across Hyrule and back >=).
-Although she doesn't have over the top kill moves, she can gimp her opponents hard enough that they quit playing brawl, go back to melee, quit playing that because she's there as well, and have them stick with SSB64.
-Best part of her metagame is that she can combine with Zelda and create a whole new set of strategies to defeat opponents.
-Sheik herself has amazing attack speed, enabling you to string together some awesome combination's since in the latest test sets, her Fair has reduced knockback, she can string together a few slaps.
-Due to crouch canceling she has a even better version of crawl dashing. By dashing, crouch-canceling into a backwards crawl then releasing the control stick, she can slide quite far, causing a pseudo-wavedash sorta thing.
-Sheik has returned and is a bigger threat to the top tiers than she was before. Lets continue to improve her metagame and bring Sheik the glory she deserves!
-------------------------------
Sheik Changes from vBrawl (taken from the nightly builds site)
-------------------------------
-Sheik Fair dropped to 120 growth (from originally modified 135)
-Sheik Ftilt leg hit changed from 63 base to 64 and changed angle to 70 degrees (previous was 90), 85 growth

Rules
I. Lets keep talk about buffs and nerfs to a minimum of none K? I'll try my best as well in this department lol. Also lets have fun with this since its just a game and all. Joke around, have a couple of sprites together. I'll also post up some funny sheik/zelda puns or jokes in the Lolz section of this guide.
II. Lets talk metagame.
III. No flaming as you all should know.

Moves
---------------------
Normal "A" moves
---------------------
I. Jab- It's quick and is easy to cancel into a grab from. Her turbo jab racks up damage fast, especially when caught on the edge, giving your opponent only a few options on getting out of them.
II. Ftilt- Her bread and butter move. In later versions of B+ the tilt lock has been altered so that you can only flip them when you hit with the middle of her leg, the tip launches them at a sorta 70 degree angle. You can follow p with nearly any aerial you want as long as you read DI.
III. Utilt- A very awesome move. It has pretty good anti-air properties, when connected, the first hit stops the opponent, the second hit sends them away with enough hitstun to follow up into aerial. It also hits from behind her, abuse this >=).....sparingly
IV. Dtilt- Nothing too special, its useful now as opposed to vBrawl since now its a good shield poke/launcher. Added with CC'ing its a good surprise attack.
-----------------
Smash Attacks
-----------------
I. Fsmash- Does decent damge, the second hit requires spacing that im not too sure on so...I'll leave this one for later.
II. Dsmash- A good GTFO move, wouldnt suggest spamming this one out of shield. Its fast, hits 3 times from behind and has fair knockback. Connect with this after getting the opponent to a fairly high percent and you get a free transformation to Zelda if you want.
III. Usmash- You guys know the deal. A perfect usmash connects from the very center, which has the greatest vertical knockback. A non tippered usmash may hit twice depending on how you space it and does more damage but less knockback and it sends the opponent flying at a 70 degree angle.
---------
Aerials
---------
I. Nair- Has sex kick properties. When tipped it has kill potential and is easily combo'ed into
II. Fair- Ah the lovely slap. The KBG (knockback growth) has been reduced to enable it to combo more. Two of these off stage against characters without multiple jumps means doom. It's a great combo finisher as well.
III. Uair- strongest at the tip of her toe. It has great vertical length and pokes through platforms well.
IV- Dair- Slightly more useful than it was in vBrawl. Its an okay surprise attack since it stops her in mid-air for less than a second. But when it connects, it pops her foe in the air.
---------
Throws
---------
I. Fthrow- tosses the foe at an angle, depends on DI.
II. Dthrow- Best throw in her arsenal. Its the beginning, middle, and end of the match. Watch your opponents DI and SMACK them outta existence.
III. Uthrow- Throws them up. Nuff said
IV. Bthrow- A good mixup every now and then if you're tired of dthrow, or if your opponent likes to DI up or in front of you.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Specials. (I'm going to be extremely lazy with this part)
--------------------------------------------------------------
NeutralB: Needle charge.
SideB: Chain (can be used to tether but you already knew this........right?)
UpB: Spontaneous Combustion.
DownB: Super Sexy Transformation Sequence.

Stage Discussion
---------------------
Advantage Stages
---------------------
TBA
------------------------
Disadvantage Stages
------------------------
TBA
-----------------
Neutral Stages
-----------------
TBA

Team Matches

-------------------
Team Strategies
-------------------
TBA

----------------
Best Partners
----------------

Matchups

VS LINK

45-55 Sheik.

Pros
-easy to gimp.
-easy to combo due to his weight.
-We got more speed

Cons
-Has a solitude of projectiles.
-More strength
-Zair is a pain to get past

Vs Falco

50/50

Pros
-Can gimp offstage pretty easy due to easy to read recovery options
-Easy to combo due to fast-falling

Cons
-Wall of lasers. Can camp you to hell
-Can kill early if you're not careful
-Utilt is not easy to approach and can clash with most of her moves

Strategy
-Dont get sucked into his laser baiting
-Counterpick stages with platforms as they help you escape his lasers and give you more combo options.
-Gimp him right away, once he gets his flow going, its gonna be hard to stop.

Combos
---------------
low percents
---------------
1) Ftilt, Dthrow, Fair, Fair
2) Dthrow, Utilt, Fthrow, Nair.
3) SHfair, Nair
-----------------
High Percents
-----------------
1) Dthrow, Nair
2) fair, fair (lol it works OKAY!?)
3) ftilt, Nair
4) ftilt, Fair

Videos

Red Bandit (Sheik) vs Jcaesar (lucas) Ver. 4.1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3kxY...e=channel_page

OWN1N (Sheik) vs sciFiGuy (Snake) Ver 4.1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yVN2BDay4A

JCaesar (Sheik) vs Rei (Ganon) Ver 4.1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kipj5BFY_bo

JCaesar (Sheik) vs Chudat (Samus)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8Vn8oDpGE0

JCaesar (Sheik) vs CK (Ganon)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXDNd4iirHw

Chaos Reign(Sheik) vs. Hostility(Falco) 1 (VER 4.0)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceo6N...eature=related

Chaos Reign(Sheik) vs. Hostility(Snake) 2 (VER 4.0)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jtq0u...eature=related

Thunderhorse (Falco) vs Quinnydinny (Sheik) 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDU1Tvwdzyg

Thunderhorse (Falco) vs Quinnydinny (Sheik) 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aIC6iQbJSk

Ck (Marth) vs QD (Sheik) 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su-fDy8mWd4

CK (Marth) vs QD (Sheik) 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ_zPT0ypk0

CK (Marth) vs QD (Sheik) 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dnn6uh1scBs

CK (Marth) vs QD (Sheik) 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYl8DMjRRBU

Melomaniacal (Sheik) vs Palpi (Wolf) 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8J4KXH_ukk

Melomaniacal (Sheik) vs Palpi (Wolf) 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ON3khpeUL4

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
The lack of a combo section is pretty saddening, honestly if we aren't going to have a combo section whats the point in a brawl+ guide? people can just read the vBrawl guides it has the same info >_>

Yingyay

Smash Ace
Wel, if you think abou it her combos are pretty straight forward. And this is mostly for matchups an stuff. I'll post combos that i use later if people want.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
Wel, if you think abou it her combos are pretty straight forward. And this is mostly for matchups an stuff. I'll post combos that i use later if people want.
I dont feel like they are at all. How many people would come to brawl+ and know that you can dash>crouch cancel>dtilt>jab>grab>dthrow>ftilt>fair

Also, its very important to note which moves have been altered from vBrawl.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
I dont feel like they are at all. How many people would come to brawl+ and know that you can dash>crouch cancel>dtilt>jab>grab>dthrow>ftilt>fair

Also, its very important to note which moves have been altered from vBrawl.
Umm...if you look at the moves tell you that
-Ftit has been changed
-dtilt has a use
-dair has a use.

And dtilt jab doesnt always work since the opponent can DI from the dtilt and be far enough for your grab to miss unless you dash grab.

Plus
-dthrow, ftit works on low percent
-dthrow, ftilt fair works in Vbrawl and melee. Its something you'd do outta reflex. Since im not home tho, I'll add a combo section 2morow with almost every combo I do.

proteininja

Smash Journeyman
I just love laying down the f-tilt **** on my friend's falcon...

Anyway, does the chain jacket or chain lock still work in b+?

Good Ol' Tree

Smash Ace
NNID
Garnitrex
Yes. Chain Jacketing still works, I mentioned it to GHNeko a while ago and he said (which I hope he really does this) that he would tell the coders to try and fix it or something. It's far too broke for edgeguarding.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
Thanks Chaos, I'll add them, make sure you get the newest codeset so you dont get left behind, Sheik Changed a bit since 4.0.
Also Im adding a combo section to the guide.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Why is it that I don't see anyone else use SH fair+nair? It seems so good to me, easy to do, and has an amazing amount of followups.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
Why is it that I don't see anyone else use SH fair+nair? It seems so good to me, easy to do, and has an amazing amount of followups.
Thats a combo us Sheik players like to keep a secret >=)

Plus, if anyone has ideas on making the guide better then post your ideas
Im trying to add combos. Maybe a texture hack section as well.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Thats a combo us Sheik players like to keep a secret >=)

Plus, if anyone has ideas on making the guide better then post your ideas
Im trying to add combos. Maybe a texture hack section as well.
Well, I'm pretty much in love with fair->nair->dsmash
It's been pretty reliable for me, and it gives an easy %40ish.

Fair+nair can be followed up by so many things, it's amazing. Grab, dtilt, ftilt. And all of those can also be followed up. Crazy combos, man. Craaaaazy combos.
More people need to do it.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
Sheik can nearly combo into whatever she wants.
This is why I kinda didnt wanna do a combo section lol.
Her only problems are;

1) Finding good texture hacks
2) Getting in
3) Deciding what to use to finish people off with

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
1) Black+red texture is amazing. I'm using Lord Khanti's texture compilation, and I'm loving it. Got some sweet Sheik textures (namely black+red, and cosmo assassin).

2) I know what you mean. I find myself using needles to force approaches a lot more, which is... meh. Depends who you're playing. Mindgames FTW?

3) The main person I play against uses Falcon a lot, and I've been able to reliably kill him with a DA near the side, and just following with a fair or two. That could just be a Falcon thing, but it works pretty well for me. Really, like 75% of my kills come from fair gimps/edgeguards. That or a dsmash at higher percents.

I've had troubles with usmashing, does it kill reliably? I can never seem to get one in.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Is that little 'ol me?

Usmash kills good if it sweetspots (or connects i dunno) at the very top. It is fairly weak when she brings her arms down.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
1) Black+red texture is amazing. I'm using Lord Khanti's texture compilation, and I'm loving it. Got some sweet Sheik textures (namely black+red, and cosmo assassin).

2) I know what you mean. I find myself using needles to force approaches a lot more, which is... meh. Depends who you're playing. Mindgames FTW?

3) The main person I play against uses Falcon a lot, and I've been able to reliably kill him with a DA near the side, and just following with a fair or two. That could just be a Falcon thing, but it works pretty well for me. Really, like 75% of my kills come from fair gimps/edgeguards. That or a dsmash at higher percents.

I've had troubles with usmashing, does it kill reliably? I can never seem to get one in.
1) I use shinigami Zelda and Arrancar Sheik now. Its freakin sweet. I'll link some of the textures on the guide soon
2) lol same
3) Usmash does kill at around 120% it used to kill lower in vBrawl. But watever.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
I guess 120% isn't that bad. It's not unusual for me to get the kills until that late anyway.

Oh, and speaking of needles.
I tried doing SH needle approaches, and it had decent results sometimes. Almost no landing lag, could be a decent mixup. Or maybe it's terrible, just my first impressions. I'll try it out more.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Needles have enough stun for you to be able to needle -> jab if you're quick, so needle -> grab should be fairly reliable. The problem is if you're close enough to hit their back, which will hit them toward you, you're in danger of getting hit, while if you space it so that the needle hits their front, they'll be hit away from you and you'll be forced to dash grab.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
Needles have enough stun for you to be able to needle -> jab if you're quick, so needle -> grab should be fairly reliable. The problem is if you're close enough to hit their back, which will hit them toward you, you're in danger of getting hit, while if you space it so that the needle hits their front, they'll be hit away from you and you'll be forced to dash grab.
The thing is with Needle jab is that if you're that close, theres a whole list of better things to do lol. You could just jab cancel jab then grab. Unless you meant fully charged needle storm then yes, its possible to needle then grab. Which would be a better damage dealer.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
The thing is with Needle jab is that if you're that close, theres a whole list of better things to do lol. You could just jab cancel jab then grab. Unless you meant fully charged needle storm then yes, its possible to needle then grab. Which would be a better damage dealer.
I was simply saying that was how much hitstun it had. It registers as a combo in training if you're fast with needle -> jab. Not saying that would be the preferred option or anything.

Top Bottom