• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official ROB Ranking Thread - A Fresh Start

Status
Not open for further replies.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Wereuop and Chip are Washington, not Oregon lol. If you want to involve neighboring states then I might as well include M2k (up until like 3 weeks ago), Atomsk, Ksizzle, Anti, etc.

That's interesting though, I didn't know you lived in PA. When? I'm from Philly.
I said "Pacific Northwest" Which includes WA & ID. State boundaries mean little compared to Smash boundaries. A lot of OR players are technically WA players because they live across a bridge just a 10 min drive. I play with WA about as much as CA as I'm almost stuck right in the middle of the two (but WA actually comes to OR, and NorCal rarely travels OoS). I play up in WA about once a month for the GC events.
How often did you play with M2K?

I actually lived near you in Reading. The best Indian restaurant I've ever been to was there (and a really good middle eastern restaurant). Other than that, I can't say I like anything about the area.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I said "Pacific Northwest" Which includes WA & ID. State boundaries mean little compared to Smash boundaries. A lot of OR players are technically WA players because they live across a bridge just a 10 min drive. I play with WA about as much as CA as I'm almost stuck right in the middle of the two (but WA actually comes to OR, and NorCal rarely travels OoS). I play up in WA about once a month for the GC events.
How often did you play with M2K?

I actually lived near you in Reading. The best Indian restaurant I've ever been to was there (and a really good middle eastern restaurant). Other than that, I can't say I like anything about the area.
Reading has its own cool lil smash scene now. They've got a big tourney coming up in Nov. I'm assuming this was 3+ years ago though right? I never heard of you being around here since I joined the community in 06.

And actually yea I played with M2k a lot lol. He was at practically every tourney I was at, last summer me him and Velocity traveled to like every tourney in Atl North together, and his house was just some public transportation and a mile walk away so when I had nothing to do I would go over his place for the day.

T0MMY

Smash Master
That's cool that the Reading area picked up a bit recently. I actually used to hop on the bus up to NYC occassionally, it was fun.
But, yeah... I don't think if M2K, Tyrant, ADHD, Ally, MikeHAZE, and Fiction were living in PA it'd influence me to visit even for a little bit. Just not my kind of area, lol.
Maybe we should move to Ohio? X^D
Seems like midwest has the best region now.

But back on the topic of rankings, I talked to Praxis last weekend at GC, and he said he destroyed your R.O.B. and me & HugS were a more difficult matchup. HugS especially since he has Edrees practice. So I don't know why you said he was saying you were the best of the three of us. I could definitely see HugS having the strongest knowledge of the Peach matchup.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I never said Praxis was the best of the three of us, he said you were awful. I can't remember how I did against him, we did a friendly set and i think i got 2 stocked once then 1 stock. Though in my defense it was the first Smash I had played that whole weekend at Genesis. I'm confident I would have done better after a lot more practice or getting into the game after being there for a bit.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Just went to a non-Play N Trade tourney for the first time in god knows how long. I got 5/19, I only lost to PikaPika and Cura(His MK, not his ICs. I beat his ICs). I managed to take one game off of Pika in a MM before the tourney, but I got lucky with Frigate at one point lol. I actually did decently in dubz, me and a Yoshi got one game off of Pika and JesiahTEG, Pika was MK but Jessie was sandbaggin Pkmn trainer, but I took them on two-on-one on my last stock and won.

Idk how much Play'n'Trade rankings count, but in August I got 2nd out of 20 something, I only lost to Dabuz, beat all the other actual smashers(no big names, but it wasn't just a scrubfest.). I hate Lolimar.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Tourney today, 1/7 in doubles with ADHD and 7/16? in singles loosing to ADHD and a close set with Kai.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
lol dont put me in the rankings, i dont use rob enough.

yesterday i got 1st/7 in doubles teaming with green ace and 1st/15 in singles but i only used rob for about 2 matches.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Ok, so, I want to get this revived for like the 1000th time.

What are we going to do about TeeVee since he doesn't even want on the list. <_< Put Mr.E on? or vote for another R.O.B.?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Just saying, you can't opt out of being on the rankings. If you're good enough to be ranked and have the proof to back it up (whether or not you want it), you're going to be ranked.

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
Who's to say he uses ROB any more than OS or NL do? He said himself he barely uses ROB... lol at me getting the tiniest bit excited at moving up 1 spot =P

Sudai

Stuff here
Like it's been said already, he claims he barely uses ROB, there for he should be in the same boat as OS and NL. Soooo, don't put him on the list. It's that simple. Oh, and even if he used rom 150% of the time (yeah, 150%) and asked to not be on the ranking list, it'd be the respectable thing to not put him on the list.

Actually, since he voiced his opinion, as the mod of the ROB boards, I'd edit him out of any list you guys made that he asked to not be on. ;]

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea but he mained rob duirng the period for which the rankings were made. he doesnt now, which just makes him inelligible for the next one.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
That'd be like the New England Patriots asking ESPN and friends not to rank them in NFL power rankings. You can't just choose whether or not to be in these things, dude.

Sudai

Stuff here
That's a horrible simile, Mr. E. If you don't have enough respect for an individual to accept such a simple request, I seriously feel bad for you.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
What Sudai is saying makes sense...if he doesn't want to be on I guess he just won't be on it.

So, how do we decide who to put on instead?

Mr.E

Smash Lord
A horrible comparison? I can't do much better than than seeing as how it's exactly the same thing. What the heck can I say?

A power ranking is basically just a statement of fact. i.e. "This is how good [we believe] these players/teams are, in this order." If you play ROB, you're part of this system. The ranking is merely a function of the system. A player can't choose to be not ranked any more than another player can choose to be #1, it just is what it is. The only decision to be made is whether or not a person plays ROB enough to qualify for ranking.

Sure, you could "politely" not mention him in the rankings but that just makes them incomplete/inaccurate and not worth posting. Well, more inaccurate... :rolleyes:

jjvirus

Smash Champion
A horrible comparison? I can't do much better than than seeing as how it's exactly the same thing. What the heck can I say?

A power ranking is basically just a statement of fact. i.e. "This is how good [we believe] these players/teams are, in this order." If you play ROB, you're part of this system. The ranking is merely a function of the system. A player can't choose to be not ranked any more than another player can choose to be #1, it just is what it is. The only decision to be made is whether or not a person plays ROB enough to qualify for ranking.

Sure, you could "politely" not mention him in the rankings but that just makes them incomplete/inaccurate and not worth posting. Well, more inaccurate... :rolleyes:
And he already said himself that he doesn't play R.O.B. enough. He can just as easily be put in the Honorable mentions along with NL and OS. Stop talking.

Sudai

Stuff here
No, Mr.E, you were talking about a group of individuals that work together as a team which is also viewed by millions of viewers. This is smash. You're ranking an individual and smash events, even when streamed, are usually viewed by less than a thousand people. Beyond that, you're under a contract in the NFL. Things like that are covered in the contract. There is -no one- that's contracted in Brawl. They are two completely different situations.

Is it really that hard to respect a small wish such as this?

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Is it really that hard to respect a small wish such as this?
He's been against the idea of the rankings since the start. <_<

Anyway, lets get this last person figured out. Who do we have that could be a contender? Me, Dull, Jumpman, Mr.E, TEECO. How we gon do this?

Mr.E

Smash Lord
I did pretty poorly at Nope's last house tourney in Springfield, if that's any help (or consolation).

TeeVee

Smash Lord
if it's that big of a deal, just put me on, idrc. i'm never on these boards anyway.

i was just saying that instead of putting me on (while i don't really use rob at all except for certain matchups), it might be a better idea to give someone a chance who actually uses rob alot to be on the rankings.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Like I said, it's up to the boards on what they want to do. It's a community project as far as I'm concerned, but if it doesn't seem to work like that, I'll just talk to Chibo and Sudai and see what they think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom