• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official ROB Ranking Thread - A Fresh Start

Status
Not open for further replies.

HugS™

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure the pokemon trainer that I had no business losing to @ genesis just placed top 7 at SNES.

Just sayin

jjvirus

Smash Champion
So where is everyone's stand on this? Do we want t0mmy over HugS? Anyone who doesn't agree with the list of:

1.HolyNightmare
2.ChiboSempai
3.t0mmy
4.HugS
5.Stingers
6.Zom~B
7.TeeVee
8.Deadweight
9.Jamnt0ast
10.Fishy

I just want to make sure before I make the new thread.

FIERCE

Smash Journeyman
HugS is the sexiest Socal ROB (next to ShadowROB of course).

Sorry, HugS. He's just so beast.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
1.HolyNightmare
2.HugS
3.t0mmy
4.ChiboSempai
5.Stingers
6.Zom~B
7.TeeVee
8.Deadweight
9.Jamnt0ast
10.Fishy

In my opinion

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
What the **** Chibo?! Are there any colored names your aren't eligible for now?!

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
That's because I didn't really care. The point was me saying HugS is better than T0mmy who are both better than Chibo (no offense, bro).

jjvirus

Smash Champion
I don't care. XD jk <3 but still,that list being posted when I ASKED for it would've prevented us from having this whole t0mmy vs HugS discussion in the first place. ~_~

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
What the **** Chibo?! Are there any colored names your aren't eligible for now?!
I don't have Writer Orange, Researcher Teal, Broom Green, Admin Black, Pink Debater.
I have: Mod Red, Director Blue, Workshop Plum, SBR Purple, Premium Bright Green, PKMN Researcher Brown

I actually don't have the default color anymore :( Mod overwrites that.

I hate you for not posting this earlier. Gtfo. -_-

Congrats on mod.

/offtopic
thx

That's because I didn't really care. The point was me saying HugS is better than T0mmy who are both better than Chibo (no offense, bro).
its cool, none taken

chibo, good **** on mod status
thx

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Because everyone's lazy and when something that needs to be done shows itself, no one does it, or when they do do it, it only lasts a few days.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
ahh, ssr. I heard you were gonna start playing again. Please come back and start ****** with ROB cuz we need a pro like u to rise him on the tier list :D

soloSHADOWROB

Smash Journeyman
If I come back Im not coming back to prove Im/was the best
Id only come back for the people
Seriously I drive to work everyday and when Im stuck in traffic I run matches in my past and I always get that thrill feeling I would get during a fight
But then I miss the people more then that

Haha how I use to get drunk with NorCal and still play

Or get faded with DSF, MikeHaze and everyone and STILL play.

Or just hanging out with everyone

I miss those days =[

Sudai

Stuff here
Shadow. If you came back, I'd **** my pants. Then probably start playing seriously again. You're the only ROB I ever looked up to. <.<

soloSHADOWROB

Smash Journeyman
Haha Im really inspired to come back now
MikeHaze needs to give me my controller though cuz hes had it since waaaaaay back lol

Also I dont think I should be looked up to
Im nothing special just another ROB trying to gain that title =]

If alot of you knew me personally you would know that after awhile my main goal was to be the best doubles partner, pretty much like the Isai of Brawl (although it cant be as flashy as Melee was lol).

T0MMY

Smash Master
Shadow, come back to the community. You were always my rival, if I could stay up with you I knew I could do well nationally. After you left there wasn't really anyone out there I felt like I need to keep up with. I went from top 4 to top 10.
If anything just come back and play casually, that's what I'm probably going to end up doing because I can't physically play competitively with my wirsts, but I'll keep playing and just have fun taking 50th place or whatever, I just like seeing my friends and meeting new players.

But I TOTALLY disagree with you about teams not being as flashy as Melee! There's so many awesome things you can do in Brawl, Teams is way more fun than in the other two games:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAuPxWvvFAc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGy-GPQ8liA

T0MMY

Smash Master
I decided I might as well check out that group. I admit it's a nice write up and took some time, but you're seriously just playing nothing but theory smash here.
Guess you didn't look well enough.
It's not that I was "OMG I FOUND OUT LASERS REFLECT OFF SURFACES!" and thought that was the end-all be-all of ATs, it's that my guide is so inclusive I have even those minor techniques so the players can keep them in mind.
Don't be so short-sighted.
Don't worry, I teach them to R.O.B. players I meet in person (ask Zom~B).

All those Meta Knights! lol. People just assume I blindingly lose to MKs left and right because of the thread I made.
And because you lose to them.
Sorry, I beat the West Coast Meta Knights I come across. And I didn't have to pull out Wario to do it.
I didn't make it into an EC vs WC debate, I simply told you what others were saying around me. That you don't compare to me & HugS, your region was just part of their conversation.

Fact of the matter, these are the ROB rankings. Fact is, that I have done better than you. Fact is, that I live in a region 200x more active than yours with competition that your state and surrounding area (Norcal and WA) could only dream of achieving.
Where are your facts to back up your STATEMENTS.
I used to live in PA and the Smash scene is pretty pathetic, almost as bad as Oregon's. I lived on the eastern part of the state, so maybe you live in a different area, but chances are if you're on the western side you're even worse off.
By your blanket statements, it's obvious you don't know anything about the Pacific Northwest. We've got players who have beaten top WEST COAST players here. Chip just recently beat MikeHAZE and Weruop beat DEHF. So, you have 200x more activity, good for you, now how about PA step it up a bit and actually do well in tournaments :^p

You said it yourself, you aren't able to make it to any notable tournies and don't even have the access to play wifi (which is still null and invalid) so can you please explain to me how you plan to prove that you are better than me? Or HugS or Stingers for the matter.
I think, once again, you completely overlooked every valid point I made and perceived as something entirely different. I did NOT say I am unable to make it to any notable tournaments (remember, I was at Genesis in which I outplaced you). But I am probably the most traveled Smasher on the west, meaning I make it to EVERY SINGLE notable event in both my state, WA, CA, and NV. From E for All in '07 (first official Brawl tourney in history) to BiO3 just last month. I even travel down to Arizona and Las Vegas. Do I need to go on? I think not.
Now, how is that you're so much more experienced than I am?

Can I change my vote of HugS being over t0mmy to HugS and Stingers over t0mmy? It seems a lot more appropriate now that I've heard from tommy himself of his current situation in smash, unable to even play the game with people.
Might as well put everyone above me, just shows your bias.

Edit: Sorry, don't want this to spark some kind of ugly debate, but there's a difference between me saying I'm legit and you trying to put me down. I'm going to be perfectly honest here and say I'm the greatest thing to grace this planet and you should all bow down and worship me. Now, you can go ahead and say the same thing. But what we're not going to do is put each other down. So, I'm going to extend a robot claw of friendship and say Chibo is a cool guy and end it there. We're all Robotic Operating Buddies here.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Wereuop and Chip are Washington, not Oregon lol. If you want to involve neighboring states then I might as well include M2k (up until like 3 weeks ago), Atomsk, Ksizzle, Anti, etc.

But yea... I hardly use Wario. The only time I'll flat out go him regardless now is in doubles v double MK. Single MK I stay ROB. But you still missed the point where I only lost to 2 MKs this season, both good ones. Every other one I beat was with ROB, not Wario. In fact there has been a match or two where I CP Wario and lose and go and win with ROB lol.

That's interesting though, I didn't know you lived in PA. When? I'm from Philly.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
wow shadowrob is coming back. i never look at the rob thread, but im glad i did. thinking of making rob my secondary or just using him only on rc and teams

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
ROB has control on Rainbow Cruise. He can camp, he can navigate the stage at will while others can't. ROB can literally just follow the stage camping and poking and win against most characters.

HugS™

Smash Lord
LoL, I'm not sure if ShadowROB is allowed to return to socal, at least not with completely open arms.

Just sayin...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom