• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official ROB Ranking Thread - A Fresh Start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
I am more impressed with stongers' HERB2 placement than Chibo's constantly mediocre placements. Chibo is just louder. But hey, PRs are dumb.

HugS™

Smash Lord
well t0mmy placed above hugs 2 tournies in a row so t0mmy

**** the fact hugs is above me is an insult...can't wait until i get to go to more tournies

The fact that you think it's an insult to be below me is much more of an insult than anything I've indirectly done to you.

You haven't done a d*** thing with Smash, kid. LoL, I don't even find myself acknowledging your existence half the time, and you think you've earned the right to say it's an insult to be below me?

You're constantly after me, I don't get it. I've earned my stripes. Everything I get, I earn...

You should try doing the same thing. Instead of arguing with people over why you're below me, you should try winning enough to where there is no question who's better. Until then, just deal with having people know that HugS > You.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i lost both my bracket matches >.>

undefeated in pools though :D

i'm getting a lot better though, can't wait until 9/20 for another NC tourney that has a dude from KANSAS coming. **** thats far @.@

edit: hugs, i don't care. i really, really don't. i think i'm better than you. idk why everyone constantly overrates you (when was the last time you even did good at a tournament?) ...acting like an internet tough guy really doesn't phase me at all.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I am more impressed with stongers' HERB2 placement than Chibo's constantly mediocre placements. Chibo is just louder. But hey, PRs are dumb.
Yea, I've sort of thought the same in the way that I'm a lot more... vocal I guess back here lol. And I'll admit it almost got to me a couple months ago when I wasn't doing as well as I thought I should, but I've been doin' great recently. Also, PA rankings are coming out within a week and I'm already guaranteed to be top 3, moving up at least one spot (since I'm currently 4th). I pretty much have an equal shot of making 1st 2nd or 3rd.

What did Stingers do at HERB2? I saw the bracket which he lost both of his matches, but I don't know the pool results. Didn't he get first in his pool? My performance at SNES last weekend is at least equal to what he did, though probably better. The competition not only had more entrants, but MUCH harder competition with top seeds like M2k, Ally, ADHD, Ksizzle, Atomsk, Anther, Lain, Judge, and a crap load more people. I went into my pool as like a 2nd/3rd seed, and ended up winning my pool as a 1st seed. In bracket unfortunately I didn't win any matches (though I had a bye which is practically like having a win since I didn't get a chance at an easy first round match). Take SNES with my top wins and couple it with some pretty consistent placements. Some argue that all I did was enter scrub tourneys recently, but tbh only one tourney was a "scrub tourney," being Real Pimps Use Gimps.

**** the fact hugs is above me is an insult...can't wait until i get to go to more tournies
Idk if you're joking or not, since that's some harsh stuff you said. The insult that was dished out was you on HugS, and he has every right to say what he said in his reply. And you know what? He's right lol. As overrated some people think HugS are, take a look through his results on AiB, he's got some wins that any other ROB (except Holy maybe) wish they had. Granted he's sort of dropped off a bit, but at least it seems to me like he's not entering quite as much anymore or playin some Melee (yeaaa, that's what we all should be doing lol).

You should hope that Tommy gets over HugS just so you can have the dignity in saying that you're next to HugS on PR lol.

However between the two, I vote HugS for 3rd and T0mmy for 4th.

Edit: Also lets remember,
Socal >> NC lol It's who you beat and lose to, not the placements.
Obviously it's harder to "place" higher than you when he's got bracket problems like Tyrant DEHF and Fiction running amok. I wish I lived in a area where PS can come down and **** :(

stingers

Smash Obsessed
in pools i beat uh...a bunch of scrubs, pyronic star, and ragnar0k (who beat pyronic star, he's a DK player from NC, if you haven't heard of him he's actually really good, trust me @.@)

then in bracket i lost to sushi-man (really good mk, i know you haven't heard of him but he ended up placing like 7th in the tourney...so pretty good) and hungrybox (:( ddd)

anyway i don't know how i compare to chibo, he makes some mistakes in his videos i know i wouldn't make but he also does some really nice stuff i wouldn't of thought of. i'd say he's better just cuz he has alot more experience

and i know everyone likes to ride hugs **** around here, but i'm saying i don't think he's that good...and i'm allowed to say that...get at me @.@

i just looked at his allisbrawl page, i see a bunch of melee medals...i know he's good at melee, lol he's great at melee, thats why he gets too much respect

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Defeated Ajax
Defeated Bardull
Defeated Havok
Defeated MikeHaze
Defeated Havok
Defeated Bardull
Defeated BarduLL
Defeated Larry Bird (was that DEHF? lol everyone had messed up names that tourney)

Just pullin out a bunch of random good wins I saw on his results this year

stingers

Smash Obsessed
first, what are you talking about "area where ps can come down and ****"? i beat ps in pools, so did another local NC player. he didnt even make it into brackets...

anyway...

"the return of totoro" - april 15 2009 - hugs loses to mikehaze in winners and losers
"quiznos - the finale" - april 25-26 2009 - hugs loses to havok in winners and ajax in losers
"UCLA revival II" - may 23 2009 - hugs loses to leepuff in winners and typh in losers (typh! a pokemon trainer! zom~b and deadweight beat reflex's PT, what does that tell you?)

those are from the 3 most recent brawl tournaments he was in that i found on his allisbrawl page.

i'd say the most recent results should be taken into consideration...don't you?

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Good ****, guys! Lets keep it going.

Honestly, between the two, I'm not sure who to pick. I think HugS is better overall, but recently t0mmy's results would say he is the better R.O.B.. So, I'm really torn on who to choose. D:

jjvirus

Smash Champion
True...

Ugh, tough choice is tough, but I'll have to go with t0mmy. =/

(I guess it's safe to say we're just gonna vote for the two spots?)

lain

Smash Master
I've been all around the country and seen all the best ROB's. Played most as well...

imho it's

1. HolyNightmare
2. NinjaLink

HolyNightmare is far and above the best. He's fantastic vs MK as well.

HugS isn't very good from what I've heard from the West Coast people. I don't believe he was on west coast crew at genesis either.

t0mmy is about equal with chibosempai.

HugS™

Smash Lord
Did they say other ROB's were better, Lain? Because it's easy to say HugS isn't very good when ROB is a trash character...

And lain, i'm the only ROB you haven't played. You should know word of mouth means ****. As far as "West Coast" is concerned, Fiction's IC's are better than yours. You may have just talked to the wrong people, or forgotten that ROB is a ****ty character to begin with.
And it's much easier to get on a region's team when you got ringers that have never been to a tournament (Midwest/EC). Needless to say, the Socal had much harder entrance requirements. Plus, I was acting as the Socal/Vegas co-captain, and was in close consideration for the crew, but it was decided ROB couldn't do much of anything that a better character couldn't.

Anyways, looking at my recent results, I'd say I lost to people ranked above me in WC, as I should have. The only questionable ones were typh(I'm terrible in the match up) and Mojoe (Who beat DSF/Richbrown/Havok all in the same week). Maybe some others, I forget.

Ah whatever, it's all hearsay. I mean I could quote atomsk in saying "You're way harder than Holynightmare" or DEHF "You're much better than Chibo" or Praxis "you're the only ROB I can't beat" etc etc.

I mean we could go on word of mouth, or we could look at people's respective regional talents. For example, we could realize that losing vs the MK(Havok) that beat Atomsk/DSF/DEHF/Mikehaze isn't really all that bad, especially considering I have a 2-3 record vs him.

Stingers, I really think you need to play in a good region before you assume your placement.
But you're right, I was performing much better a few months ago because I had more of a drive. I'm taking a break from the game right now, and I'm focusing on Melee along with DEHF/Fiction, my 2 main sources of Brawl practice, so I can't really back up any talk atm.

But one thing is for certain...you haven't done anything. So I'm not quite sure you can move up a spot by default. You have to actually perform like chibo/t0mmy have been, while NOT living in SC.

Anyways, my vote goes to t0mmy for the 3rd spot. It wouldn't be fair of me to assume I'm better when I'm not playing. But even while not playing, it is certain that I'm better than Stingers.

"(typh! a pokemon trainer! zom~b and deadweight beat reflex's PT, what does that tell you?)"
He beat DSF a few weeks prior, d***. Get off my case. You think I lose to randoms? I have never lost to a person who did not **** someone better post/prior to beating me.

You on the other hand, lost to HungryBox...and it wasn't in Melee.

Miles.

Smash Champion
the Hugs vs T0mmy matter is simply this.

Hugs is a better player, but T0mmy plays more.

So for now T0mmy is a better Rob, if Hugs were ever to commit to the game/character again he would be 2nd under only Holy being tied with NL.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Looks like t0mmy has it. Pretty much everyone who voted for a list gave their thoughts on t0mmy vs HugS, so I'll make the new thread for the R.O.B. PR later today.

Final List:

1.HolyNightmare
2.ChiboSempai
3.t0mmy
4.HugS
5.Stingers
6.Zom~B
7.TeeVee
8.Deadweight
9.Jamnt0ast
10.Fishy

Honorable Mentions: NinjaLink, Overswarm, Mr.E?

lain

Smash Master
I'd put OS's ROB somewhere between 3-5. I haven't played his ROB in a long time, but it was pretty high up there metagame wise. It could be higher, he's on his **** with that character.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
If ninjalink was on it itd be really tough for me to rank him at 1st or 2nd, but def one of those 2 spots. tommys "placed" better recently than hugs, but lets be honest here, his bracket at evo was crazy easy (though he did beat AZ which isnt bad) and at genesis he pretty much just beat inui, which is good and all, but not enough to cover the whole year of stuff hugs has done. his results are consistently very high, but tbh i havent heard of a single player hes beaten. and since ppl here said they were hugs sucks from word of mouth lol, all iv heard is that hugs > tommy, but i take it with a grain of salt.

also stingers the ps thing was a joke after his wtf high placement at herb1

Deadweight

Smash Ace
1.HolyNightmare
2.ChiboSempai
3.t0mmy
4.HugS
5.Stingers
6.Zom~B
7.TeeVee
8.Deadweight
9.Jamnt0ast
10.Fishy

Honorable Mentions: NinjaLink, Overswarm, Mr.E?

Yes

T0MMY

Smash Master
Just chiming in here:

First, I'm not from WA. I'm from Oregon. I'm about 300 miles away from anyone in WA (they live near border of Canada).

Second, HugS just ***** you all with his posts. Whoever was saying it was insulting being below him on rankings needs to go to a SoCal tourney and get put in their place, or put their money where their mouth is and prove it.

Third, I don't play nearly as much as any of you. News flash: ----------------------I LIVE IN OREGON-----------THIS JUST IN:----------I LIVE IN OREGON-------------------

There are about 5 people in my state who play Smash. My twin brother is one of them and get this: He doesn't ever play with me.
I don't even have internet at my place so I can't play anyone online.
This is why I've discovered so many new ATs that takes the rest of you 9 months late to find... because I'm sitting there in training mode with nothing better to do. Go to my AiB group (Floating Island) and look at what I've found long ago.

Third of all: Me >>>>>>>> Chibo. The only reason why you've been campaigning for HugS is because you placed higher than him at Genesis so that will make you look better than me; then you go and say I had "easy brackets" and brush off my wins that you couldn't pull off.
What you didn't know was after Genesis back at the Ramada the players there were saying how me & HugS were 100x better than you and that all East Coast had was M2K. Better whip your Wario into shape to fend off those Meta Knights you lost to that I've beaten in tourney already.

Fourth: My wrist is giving out pretty badly lately, so I don't even know how much longer I'll be able to play competitively. I'll do event hosting, try to make videos, and play more casually until/if my wrists can heal. If not, I've had a good run.

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
dayyyyuumm.... **** just got real

Fourth: My wrist is giving out pretty badly lately, so I don't even know how much longer I'll be able to play competitively. I'll do event hosting, try to make videos, and play more casually until/if my wrists can heal. If not, I've had a good run.
Sorry to hear that =(

stingers

Smash Obsessed
oh wow tommy

you just told me to go to a populated area, then YOU used location johns, then said you were better than chibo.

wowwwwwwwwwwwwww

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Just chiming in here:

First, I'm not from WA. I'm from Oregon. I'm about 300 miles away from anyone in WA (they live near border of Canada).

Second, HugS just ***** you all with his posts. Whoever was saying it was insulting being below him on rankings needs to go to a SoCal tourney and get put in their place, or put their money where their mouth is and prove it.

Third, I don't play nearly as much as any of you. News flash: ----------------------I LIVE IN OREGON-----------THIS JUST IN:----------I LIVE IN OREGON-------------------

There are about 5 people in my state who play Smash. My twin brother is one of them and get this: He doesn't ever play with me.
I don't even have internet at my place so I can't play anyone online.
This is why I've discovered so many new ATs that takes the rest of you 9 months late to find... because I'm sitting there in training mode with nothing better to do. Go to my AiB group (Floating Island) and look at what I've found long ago.
I decided I might as well check out that group. I admit it's a nice write up and took some time, but you're seriously just playing nothing but theory smash here. Especially considering you're trying to create tons of combos out of training mode it sounds, you're not taking into considering being able to set up the exact situation for things to work, various DI and SDI, all any kind of human skill. Not to mention it doesn't seem to take much for a technique to be advanced to you, you have reflecting a laser off of a shield or the ground under your advanced techniques. If it's fundamentally part of the move, not to mention even revealed in the Dojo (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/hidden07.html), so it's hardly "advanced."

Third of all: Me >>>>>>>> Chibo. The only reason why you've been campaigning for HugS is because you placed higher than him at Genesis so that will make you look better than me; then you go and say I had "easy brackets" and brush off my wins that you couldn't pull off.
What you didn't know was after Genesis back at the Ramada the players there were saying how me & HugS were 100x better than you and that all East Coast had was M2K. Better whip your Wario into shape to fend off those Meta Knights you lost to that I've beaten in tourney already.

All those Meta Knights! lol. People just assume I blindingly lose to MKs left and right because of the thread I made. Despite the fact that it's true and it's an awful matchup, the only MKs I've lost to recently this season is k sizzle and Sean. I wish I had beaten Sean, it was quite close coming down to last hit 3rd match (at least I didn't get 2-0d... ~zing!). But whatever, it's clearly not like you make it out to be. You especially through out any kind of credibility in your post by saying all the East Coast has is just M2k. You're just trying to change this into a petty EC v WC debate, which isn't the case. Fact of the matter, these are the ROB rankings. Fact is, that I have done better than you. Fact is, that I live in a region 200x more active than yours with competition that your state and surrounding area (Norcal and WA) could only dream of achieving.

You said it yourself, you aren't able to make it to any notable tournies and don't even have the access to play wifi (which is still null and invalid) so can you please explain to me how you plan to prove that you are better than me? Or HugS or Stingers for the matter.

Can I change my vote of HugS being over T0mmy to HugS and Stingers over T0mmy? It seems a lot more appropriate now that I've heard from tommy himself of his current situation in smash, unable to even play the game with people.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Quite frankly, anything after Holy doesn't even matter. Who cares? Rather, since so many of you DO seem to care, why?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Isn't it obvious? ROBots love numbers. I mean, we ARE numbers when you get down to our coding.

BTW Chibo, what do you counterpick against MKs?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Quite frankly, anything after Holy doesn't even matter. Who cares? Rather, since so many of you DO seem to care, why?
So anything after first is worthless? Seems pretty ignorant. It'd be funny to hear you say that if you we're second :p
And let's not act like the gap is tremendous because it isn't. Sure Holy is definitely the best ROB main, but even I do have some wins on players that he's lost to.

Isn't it obvious? ROBots love numbers. I mean, we ARE numbers when you get down to our coding.

BTW Chibo, what do you counterpick against MKs?
Halberd. It's my favorite against anyone that doesn't kill better than ROB vertically, and MK especially falls into this category. Just don't give MK a lot of chances to upB out of shield since that's his primary upwards kill move.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
So anything after first is worthless?
Not necessarily but yes in this case. How long has it been since someone besides Holy has done anything significant with ROB? OS wins a local every so often when he isn't playing MK, NL uses him along with half the rest of the cast, t0mmy got 9th at EVO with a braindead easy bracket.

If only Holy traveled like his brother. :embarrass And he was || close to beating him in tourney finals last time, too.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
holy def. has mad potential...he just needs to travel more :/

canada outside of ally and holy isn't really comparable to the US for the most part :(

at least until they start to travel and we can see what they can do @.@

**Havok**

Smash Lord
I'm sorry Tommy, you're a cool cat and all but you're nowhere near HugS in terms of skill. I've played you both, true, not you in tournament but I can tell. Hugo is a thinker, tommy you just...play. If it comes down to results then of course you take the cake since your region isn't really hard and you probably win tournaments there. Hugo has a harder time, since you know, he has to play with MK's like Tyrant. There are no tyrants in your area =( .

Deadweight

Smash Ace
I'm sorry Tommy, you're a cool cat and all but you're nowhere near HugS in terms of skill. I've played you both, true, not you in tournament but I can tell. Hugo is a thinker, tommy you just...play. If it comes down to results then of course you take the cake since your region isn't really hard and you probably win tournaments there. Hugo has a harder time, since you know, he has to play with MK's like Tyrant. There are no tyrants in your area =( .
Huh...
this sounds awfully familiar....
Oh wait this is exactly what I said when I argued for my ranking to be higher than what it is...
and here is what i got in response from chibo
New England definitely isn't the best region, but it's not bad by all means. It's the consistency. That, and when TeeVee travels he still gets a pretty respectable placing.

ZOM~Bs gettin what counts, hes got a nice win under his belt, and some consistency to back it up as well.
Hmmm
Consistancy...
Who is more consistant between Hugs and T0mmy is no question.
t0mmy places higher, and more than hugs.
And yet chibo sits here and argues otherwise..because hes in a lesser region.
Which he said above doesnt really matter ;/
/rage
Hugs...You are very good, I just think T0mmy places more and higher than you.
I don't want to hear bracket johns (I have the worse bracket johns ever and It never seems to matter so i don't see why you should be any different. Just be more active get out there and win tournies...and you'll get my vote easy.

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
Ha, I 'd be interested in your opinion on me. Evidently good enough you kept the marth away :p

also...

stingers def. has mad potential...he just needs to travel more :/

nc outside of pp and singers isn't really comparable to the US for the most part :(

at least until they start to travel and we can see what they can do @.@
I couldn't resist.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
HugS is the best ROB...he places lower because he's in SoCal. :/

Though, I haven't played Holynightmare yet.

Also, I'm loving this thread, it's like being on the Peach boards.
xD

You really, really cannot count Evo. It wasn't seeded. Look at who played who in the brackets.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Ugh...why do you all start the discussions AFTER I make the list...~_~

and Mr.E, stop *****ing. It's gonna happen, it's happening, deal with it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom