• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official ROB Ranking Thread - A Fresh Start

Status
Not open for further replies.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I just barely beat P~S at HERB and he's nowhere near as good as Bill

and Bill beat me at my tournament before I switched to MK and the rage happened

you need to drill me on the matchup some more x.x

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Well only 4 people submitted their lists, and a few people still have a shot at making that 6-10, so if you haven't submitted yet please do so by 10 PM EST tonight.

4 people I have lists from: jjvirus, Chibo, Stingers, Deadweight

C'mon guys -_-

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Ok well the time has come. We have our 10 Top R.O.B.s. Now it's time to order them. Of the following R.O.B. mains, order them from best to worst, 1 being the best.

R.O.B. mains: HolyNightmare, ChiboSempai, Stingers, t0mmy, HugS, Zom~B, Fishy, Jamnt0ast, Deadweight, TeeVee

My List
--------
1. HolyNightmare
2. HugS
3. t0mmy
4. ChiboSempai
5. Stingers
6. Zom~B
7. Deadweight
8. TeeVee
9. Jamnt0ast
10. Fishy

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
does anyone happen to have a list of hugs results? or know some off the top of their mind from this year? noteable wins and losses.

edit: Just looked at all of his stuff through aib. man he is confusing... i dont know west coast THAT well so i dont know all the ppl he beat, but everytime i saw that he beat someone good that i knew, i looked down a tourney or two and he lost to em there lol

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Try checking his AiB profile, other than that I don't know where you can find them. Maybe I should just have everyone PM me there list? That way we don't have any flame wars goin' on and end up back at square one.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
1. HolyNightmare
2. ChiboSempai
3. t0mmy
4. stingers
5. HugS
6. ZOM~B
7. Teevee
8. Deadweight
9. Jamnt0ast
10. Fishy

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
hugs has most of his stuff on his aib. im so split on who to put ahead, me or him. if we take into account all of 09 (which i believe were doing), i think i have the slight nod. however in just recent results, despite me having some good placements, hes had more opportunities to face some better players.

im gonna be at (whats practically a national) tourney this weekend, so for now im gonna put us as tied and depending on my performance on saturday il edit it with one of us above the other.

1. HolyNightmare
2. ChiboSempai
3. HugS
4. Tommy
5. Stingers
6. Zom~B
7. TeeVee
8. Jamnt0ast
9. Deadweight
10. Fishy

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
idgaf

kid needs to learn some grammar if hes gonna be a top ranked robot

just for that im changing the 0 to a o

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
Alright... guess I'll make one from these names *grumble grumble*

1. Holy
2-4. Chibo/HugS/t0mmy. I'm not getting involved in these three circling each other
5. Stingers
6. Zom~B
7. TeeVee
8/9 Deadweight/Jamnt0ast
10. Fishy <---- has the best DI.

6-10 are even harder because they/we all have less tourney results and have never really compared ourselves. TV and Jamn were definitely 6 and 7, respectively, at the beginning of '09 but I don't know how far down they've gone since then due to inactivity and going with secondaries. No idea who's better between Zom~B and Deadweight, so put whichever one is better at 6, the other at 8/9.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
fishy post some results

i also forgot who u beat and lost to at SCS

i wanna put u higher than 10 from personally playing u, but i need some backup proof so I don't look like I'm being bias lol

edit: updated my 6-10

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
people I remember off the top of my head

End of January: beat triad prodigy (Luigi), javi (IC), like 2 other people
lost to...m2k. First tournament, make it all the way to winners quarters... and lose to m2k, then Pav, finished 5th

march: Battle Royale: beat pyronic star in a money match after losing to him and boss in teams, beat a marth (matt L? not sure) lost to .com, beat a snake player (no idea who) lost to xzax.

may: bunch of friendlies with Snakee- Suddenly I get a lot better vs ZSS and have a lot less problems (lol) not to mention zelda and shiek as well, forget who I lost to in winners (think it was ether's snake which I shouldn't have lost) and GwJumpman. Yes, THE GwJumpman. In ROB dittos. On Final Destination. I vowed not to lose another ROB ditto EVER after that... and won a $1 single game MM against him later that night.

June: through extensive practice, I feel confident against ANY falco and marth. I play Keitaro's Falco on FD and go even with him until we're both at high percents and suddenly.... Chibo walks over and stops the match =(. Anyway, this is Dapuffster's tourney, which I think is the one that inspired the IT'S HOPELESS thread. Don't worry Chibo, I had to play Ksizzle too, after beating someone else first round (might have been third round, actually, but I forget). My best effort was taking him to his last stock, 100+ percent on Frigate when he got the kill. I beat Fuego in losers and get knocked out by Xzax...again. I also teamed with Fuego (fox) and took m2k and anti to their last stocks on smashville.

SCS: worked my way up with .com all the way to second, beating ITT and his partner and also Nasty/Fury. When the brackets ended up with Chibo on one side and .com, Fury, Byaa, Rogue Pit, and myself on the other side, .com did some last-minute switching and I ended up playing Uzima, Colaya, 2scoops, but I don't think it was in that order, before losing game 3 to BYAA, all of which were 1 stock high percents (and I know I can do better), and then Rogue Pit. I also beat ITT in a money match... in egyptian rat screw. I have no problems against sonic though. Time to play Shugo and show OS how it's done.

No maps: While Chibo was getting 1/12 at some obscure tourney (<3), I was beating warios on Rainbow Cruise and coaching JG through his marth MM. Once again I was going to MM Keitaro but there were so many people, so few tvs, and so little time (50+ for low tiers AND doubles, not to mention low tier doubles) that I had to drop out after losing to Doom (who I beat in a Teams MM earlier that day).

Basically: I need a tourney where I don't get bracket ***** and I don't have to leave early. Take out m2k, ksizzle, xzax, and even byaa and doom (basically, improve my MK game) and I know I can do better than what my results show.

somewhere throughout these tourneys I beat Nasty in MMs.

I can definitely hold my own against any non-MK pretty easily, and I know that I have no problems against Falco and Marth, two characters that seem to hurt a lot of ROBs out there.

Also, I like ROB dittos and have good DI. Yeah...

Deadweight

Smash Ace
25th at Feb gigs out of 100+ ( beat Angry Lobster (mario), Sensei (mario), zzxyz (diddy), lost to Seibrik (Ddd) and Ryo(ike)
32nd @ march gigs out of 120+ (Made it out of pools, beat everyone in my pool. lost to Rx (mk), and mero (mk) in brackets
25th @ Panhandle april out of 80+ ( lost to reflex (wario/pt), beat Sheermadness (kirby) and Lucnessmonster (marf) lost to LS(snake)
13th @ july gigs out of 80+ (beat some random), zzxyz (diddy), ryo (ike), lost to seibrik, lost to Mampam (snake)
25th @ august fl gaming out of 80+ (lost to masky (wario) beat elite (diddy) beat Wonderbread (mk) lost to Munk (Ddd)

jjvirus

Smash Champion
I'll stop taking lists Friday night. I'd like to get at least 3 more opinions in before we close it, though. So post your lists ASAP if you haven't already.

I'd especially like lists from Dull, Holy, HugS, t0mmy, and possibly Sudai.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
You may not play Brawl, but you're intelligent enough of a player and of R.O.B. to make a list, imo anyway. I respect your thoughts, Sudai. <3

Deadweight

Smash Ace
No idea who's better between Zom~B and Deadweight, so put whichever one is better at 6, the other at 8/9.
See heres the thing...
we both placed the same at both tournaments we've been too.
The tournaments that we both arent at have been fl tournaments (which imo have larger attendance and tougher brackets) and his GA weeklies/bi weeklies.
so he gets higher placings in lower attendance/weaker region..

jjvirus

Smash Champion
This is good. I want this discussion!

My reasoning for my 6-8 is this: Zom~B may have a weaker region, but he's consistent, recently beat Reflex, made it out of pools at Genesis, and from what I've seen in some of his posts knows the mechanics of R.O.B. really well.

Deadweight, what surprised me with you was the games you played vs. Seibrik. Almost beating him, being one of the best if not the best in your state, and the fact that he's Mk stood out to me.

TeeVee is good, but compared to what DW and Zom~B have done/placed, I feel they're better R.O.B.s than he is. He also places high in a weak region (New England), but also sometimes doesn't do so hot and OoS, as compared to Zom~B who is consistent.

That's just my look on things.

Deadweight

Smash Ace
This is good. I want this discussion!

My reasoning for my 6-8 is this: Zom~B may have a weaker region, but he's consistent, recently beat Reflex, made it out of pools at Genesis, and from what I've seen in some of his posts knows the mechanics of R.O.B. really well.

Deadweight, what surprised me with you was the games you played vs. Seibrik. Almost beating him, being one of the best if not the best in your state, and the fact that he's Mk stood out to me.

That's just my look on things.
Yea my set vs Seibrik last gigs was imo my best set ive played in tourney. And yea hes PRed #1 in florida and i know he places top 13 oos consistently. We played a 3/5 serious friendlies at fl gaming, i won 2 of them (could have been 3 but he got a reallly lucky gordo g4) Zom~B beat reflex when he's using pt and pikachu. I beat reflex's PT in tournament and lost to his wario.
And I've beaten Zom~b in a MM

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Still though, Deadweight didn't actually take any sets off like Seibrik and stuff. Idk about everyone else, but I normally say full set or nothing and not really count individual matches especially with crazy counterpicking and, especially seeing that some friendlies are being brought up?

New England definitely isn't the best region, but it's not bad by all means. It's the consistency. That, and when TeeVee travels he still gets a pretty respectable placing.

ZOM~Bs gettin what counts, hes got a nice win under his belt, and some consistency to back it up as well.

Deadweight

Smash Ace
~

Still though, Deadweight didn't actually take any sets off like Seibrik and stuff. Idk about everyone else, but I normally say full set or nothing and not really count individual matches especially with crazy counterpicking and, especially seeing that some friendlies are being brought up?

New England definitely isn't the best region, but it's not bad by all means. It's the consistency. That, and when TeeVee travels he still gets a pretty respectable placing.

ZOM~Bs gettin what counts, hes got a nice win under his belt, and some consistency to back it up as well.
I beat Reflex on a neutral (battlefield) when he was PT.
I lost to his wario on Brinstar
And then his wario on Frigate
---
Zom~b got to play vs his pikachu and pt....
And lets be honest Pikachu/PT aren't that tough of a matchup for rob...

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
that is true, i wasnt aware of that per se. dont write em off as easy matcups lol, pikachu can be tough and reflex is sorta the best PT ever.

Still though, I'm not really gonna consider u taking friendlies off of seibrik as a reason to vote u high lol.

il take another look at results b4 the due date is up

Deadweight

Smash Ace
that is true, i wasnt aware of that per se. dont write em off as easy matcups lol, pikachu can be tough and reflex is sorta the best PT ever.

Still though, I'm not really gonna consider u taking friendlies off of seibrik as a reason to vote u high lol.

il take another look at results b4 the due date is up
The seibrik friendlies i can understand not taking into account for rankning, (It was more to show the fact that i almost won a set against seibrik is viable and not just a fluke)

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Indeed. Tonight may be the last night to vote, depends if we ACTUALLY GET MORE PEOPLE TO VOTE! Once that's out of the way, I'll announce the next and possibly final part of configuring the rankings.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Ok so I've been on a cruise for the last week and a half and didnt want to pay for the slow and expenxive cruise internet so may some1 please catch me up on what it going down so far?

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Ok well.....no one else submitted a list so this is what we have:

1.HolyNightmare
2.ChiboSempai
3.HugS/t0mmy
4.HugS/t0mmy
5.Stingers
6.Zom~B
7.TeeVee
8.Deadweight
9.Jamnt0ast
10.Fishy

As you can see we have a tie for 3rd and 4th. Only thing I can suggest to break this tie is to do a vote for who we all think is the better R.O.B. main, but seeing how we get very little public response I'm hoping there is a better way to go about this. Any ideas/thoughts on the list?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
well t0mmy placed above hugs 2 tournies in a row so t0mmy

**** the fact hugs is above me is an insult...can't wait until i get to go to more tournies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom