• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official ROB Ranking Thread - A Fresh Start

Status
Not open for further replies.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Alright folks, the title says it all. JCeasers list is outdated and he no longer plays the game, so this is a fresh start for all of us. For now, I'm going to post the list as it was in the other thread. From this start is where our changes will come from. However, as I'm doing this from scratch I will be eliminating the tiers from the old list and just posting a list of all ROB mains. Then I'm going to go through tournament results and post what I feel to be the best looking starting list I can. Once this is done I'll be asking for help from other respected ROB mains and we'll make changes as we see fit.

So, here we go:

BO X7
buenob
ChiboSempai
CJTHeroofTime
Darth Waffles
Deadweight
DullRazer
Glyph
GwJumpman
Holy
HugS
Jamnt0ast
JG Wentworth
jjvirus
Karn??
Mankosuki
maXXXpower
Mr. E
Nacker??
NinjaLink
Oathmeal
Omegawhitemage
Overswarm
Stingers
Tantalus
t0mmy
Ruse
ZOM~B

Sudai

Stuff here
FYI, everyone was in alphabetical order within the tiers in the old thread so you might want to put everyone in alphabetical order for now as well. The last one wasn't meant to be a top-down list like this one does.

Also, take me off the list. I no longer play Brawl either. I keep posting here because I feel my knowledge is valuable and I still like theory crafting. XP

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Well I have a question. Do we post our own results making it easier on you? or are you going to go through for EVERYONE and do it yourself?

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
If you cans post results please please do. That will save me a ton of time! But I'm gunna comb through things anyway. I just gotta decide on the cutoff for this list since I have no intention of going all the way back to the game's release. So I'm thinking anything from January on will be a good amount of results for this list.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
Good stuff.

Is this more or less "arbitrarily" decided based off of consistency of results, or is there going to be some sort of algorithm? Just curious

jjvirus

Smash Champion
So results from January and down? That I can do...soon to be edited with my only results lol

BOLD = Well known/good player in region

25th of 48 - EvilTwinz (11/15/08) (posted for the hell of it)(MK BANNED)
Defeated Godsun (49th) 2-1
Lost to ChuDat (5th) 1-2
Defeated Night (33rd) 2-0
Lost to Pyronic~Star (13th) 0-2
-----------------------------------------

17th of 35 - Brawl Bash 2009 (1/3/09) (MK BANNED)
Defeated ACE (33rd) 2-0
Defeated Lukky (17th) 2-1
Lost to Norra (9th) 1-2
Lost to Seagull (13th) 0-2

17th of 29 - EvilTwinz 2 (1/28/09)

Bye
Lost to 0kin (13th) 0-2
Lost to Speculosity (13th/9th) 0-2

2nd of 10 - Gamepad Smashfest (3/7/09)

Defeated BMX (9th) 2-1
Defeated Fuzz/MattyP (7th) 2-0
Defeated Viral (5th) 2-0
Lost to Glyph (ROB dittos) (1st) 1-2
Defeated OathMeal. (3rd) 2-0
Lost to Glyph (1st) 1-3 (More ROB Dittos)
----------------------------------------

9th of 36 - Gamepad 2 (4/4/09)
Bye
Defeated K9 (17th) 2-0
Defeated BOLT (13th) 2-0
Lost to Forte (2nd) 0-2
Lost to BMX (5th) 0-2

Im going to my next tourney Saturday, I'll have more results then :)

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
Including losses for as far back as I can remember... I have a Kismet2 and BigLou weakness :(

5/24 (Impact Clash 4 -- GA)
Lost to Kismet2 and BigLou
3/25 (Waba Weekly -- GA)
Lost to BigLou and Dynomite
17/45 (Tally Tourney -- FL -- Second Round Seibrik :( )
Lost to Seibrik and Mampam
4/14 (Melee vs. Brawl -- GA)
Lost to Desu and Rayku
17/140 (March Gigs -- FL)
Lost to Co18 and Kismet2
5/28 (March Waba Monthly -- GA)
5/25 (Waba Weekly -- GA)
2/34 (Local PnT -- GA)
9/37 (Local PnT -- GA -- I make tired johns.)
17/35 (Feb Waba Monthly -- GA)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
17th of 35 - Brawl Bash 2009 (1/3/09) (MK BANNED)
Defeated ACE (33rd) 2-0
Defeated Lukky (17th) 2-1
Lost to Norra (9th) 1-2
Lost to Seagull (13th) 0-2
jj you beat Lukky but lost to Noraa and Seagull? wtf??? How is that even possible?

Edit: Oh, MK banned, nevermind haha...

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Bajisci no longer plays Brawl
Does Nacker play it anymore? I don't think he attends anything anymore :/
Does Karn play ROB anymore?
Same with Shadow, is he active?

And with NinjaLink we have to be careful to count only ROB results :p lol

anyway, lemme gather up some results, i have a lot of em

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
So for NL do we include results that include ROB or tournaments where he only used ROB. I'm unsure about which is easier/better.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty

HugS™

Smash Lord
I'll upload my results on this particular post. Starting with when though? January?

Ruse

Fox
Only tourney I've really been to since January was some local tourney. Don't remember the date. Placed 1st out of 16.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Results Since January:

Names in BOLD are well known or better than average

Inui and the B Button
January 2009

Bye
Defeated Qblast
Defeated Dire
Lost to Ksizzle
Lost to Rogue Pit

Placed 17/69

DSO Biweekly 4
February 2009

Defeated Kaylo
Defeated Squall
Defeated dmbrandon
Lost to AndyG

Lost to Eazy
Placed 5/30

DSO Biweekly 5
January 30th, 2009

Defeated Clai
Defeated Xzax
Defeated Lord Knight
Lost to Vex Kasrani
Lost to Rogue Pit

Placed 3/20

Chibo's We Need Another Tourney... Tourney
February 1st, 2009

Defeated Dex
Lost to Forute
Defeated Deez
Lost to Pyronic Star
Placed 7/15

Clash of the Titans 4
February 7, 2009

Defeated Hellfox
Defeated SSR
Defeated Gunblade
Defeated Capem
Lost to Lobos
Lost to Reflex

Defeated JCaesar
Lost to Shadow

Lost to HAT
Placed 65 out of 96 (and 2/7 in pools)

Xzaxfest
February 16, 2009

Lost to Steel2nd
Defeated ZTG
Lost to Xzax
Placed 5/9 (Hey, were all allowed to have a bad day right? :laugh:)

DSO Biweekly 6
February 20, 2009

Lost to Fury
Defeated .com
Defeated Smurf
Defeated Squall
Lost to TUSM
Placed 7/24

GIMPED 1
February 21, 2009

Defeated JG Wentworth
Defeated Sintros
Lost to Inui
Lost to Owl (Flu johns lol)
Placed 17/92 (I literally got the flu and it kicked in during the 3 hour break I had after my match with Inui)

Viridian City 2
March 7, 2009

Defeated Gam3r
Lost to dmbrandon
Lost to Kid
Placed 33/79 (Ouch...)

DSO Biweekly 7
April 5, 2009

Defeated Clai
Lost to NinjaLink
Defeated Cylf
Lost to Rogue Pit
Placed 7/15

TUSM 2
April 26, 2009

Defeated Bnzaaa
Lost to AndyG
Defeated TUSM
Defeated Bnzaaa
Lost to AndyG
Placed 3/10 (Wow I wish I had the matches of me v AndyG recorded. Winners semis was close going to 3rd match last hit, and losers finals went to 5th match last stock high percent)

Apex
May 9, 2009

Defeated Okin
Defeated HolyChef
Defeated Famous
Lost to Korn
Lost to MalcomM

Money Matches

01.01.09 Xzax (ROB v MK) 2-1
01.01.09 Rush (ROB v Diddy) 2-0
02.01.09 Pyronic Star (ROB v Olimar) 2-0

02.07.09 Kruton (ROB v Snake) 2-0
03.07.09 Dark Peach (ROB v Peach) 3-0
03.18.09 Smurf (ROB v Pit) 2-0
04.05.09 Xzax (Wario v Meta Knight) 2-1
04.15.09 Mango (ROB v Falco) 1-2
05.05.09 Rush (ROB v Diddy) 2-0
05.08.09 Rogue Pit (ROB v Meta Knight/Pit) 2-1
05.09.09 Afro Thunder (ROB v Snake) 0-2

05.09.09 Camalange (ROB v Sonic) 2-0
05.09.09 Plank (ROB v Meta Knight) 0-2
05.09.09 GameDragonX (ROB v Diddy/GaW) 2-1

05.09.09 Kai (ROB v Diddy/GaW) 2-1
05.09.09 KidGoggles (ROB v Sonic/Lucario) 2-0
05.09.09 Meep (ROB v Ice Climbers) 0-2
05.09.09 Pikapika (ROB v Pikachu) 1-2

05.09.09 Tantalus (ROB v ROB) 2-0

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Ok, I'll think about that for a while and try to figure something out.(in reference to NL)In the meantime, if someone knows anyone who is on this list that isn't active anymore please post. Likewise, if you know someone who isn't on the list that should be now also let me know so I can add them.

What do you guys think of this? This is how the Pika boards do it and it seems to work for them.
I really like how they have a system, but I don't think it's accurate at all since it's based just off acutal placements and doesn't take into account who you lost to and beat. You could just host your own tourney with a bunch of scrubs getting first and u would get a bunch of points.

That's also without mentioning how some people can get screwed over in brackets from seeding, etc.

It also doesn't take into account money matches, and rewards people who go to placed more often (good for me tho lol). Holy could go to like 3 or 5 tourneys, but I might have more points from the amount of things I've attended and I could be ranked higher which doesn't make sense.

TEECO

Smash Ace
Can people post their results from doubles tournies?

ZOM~B, you were at gigs??
I was there too, I haven't joined singles there because im waiting till im satisfied in my skill level.
Are you gonna go to the next Gigs?

jjvirus

Smash Champion
jj you beat Lukky but lost to Noraa and Seagull? wtf??? How is that even possible?

Edit: Oh, MK banned, nevermind haha...
Yeah lol I got the same reaction from Tant XD

All I can guess is Noraa picked up on how I struggled vs Lukky's Olimar. Lukky used Diddy first game on FD, 2nd game he cp'd Oli on Yoshi's, 3rd game I cp'd frigate on Oli.

Now when I played Noraa, he used Olimar. 1st game was on Yoshi's I think, he won. I cp'd frigate and 2 stocked 2%, 3rd game was SV, he almost 2 stocked me =/

If it wasn't MK banned, Lukky woulda beat me no doubt lol

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok I'm thinking of putting together a list of respected players from different states and regions. If I went through every states power ranking threads (some are on AiB but I think they should still count) i could put together a pretty comprehensive list of who from each area is respected. From that I could add some sort of variable to the calculation to account for tournament results based on where they are on the list. I think the only way to make it work would be to count the top x from all regions, that way I can apply this to everyone. So I'd have a top 15 from every region and then I'd analyze the results and apply the variable to your placing. But my math isn't terrific so I might need some help on this. Also the list would still be biased towards people who attend more tournaments. So I'm not sure how to eliminate that...

As for MM's...I have no idea at all how to add those to the list other than me being made aware of them and if they are against someone who is on a Power Rankings list I can add some form of bonus once again based on placement. But I'm not sure if either of these ideas are even good so tell me what you guys think.

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
Premium
NNID
syde_7
Well, why not do it based off of consistency.

Break it down into "tiers" or whatever, and award points accordingly, weight them, and average. Hard to explain but maybe this example can help:

8-16 people tournament: tier 1
17-32 people: tier 2
33-64: tier 3

Divide the person's placement by the tier level of the tournament, and then take an average of the placements and provide a +/-2 for a range

So:

Person A;

3rd in tier 1 = 3
5th in tier 2 = 2.5
12th in tier 3 = 4

Person B:
1st in tier 1= 1
8th in tier 3= 2.7

Or something similar. I dont know if it works out EXACTLY... but, it should make the # of tourneys less of a factor, decrease odd occurrences of placing high or low, and still give a pretty decent indication of placement.

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
Ok I'm thinking of putting together a list of respected players from different states and regions. If I went through every states power ranking threads (some are on AiB but I think they should still count) i could put together a pretty comprehensive list of who from each area is respected. From that I could add some sort of variable to the calculation to account for tournament results based on where they are on the list. I think the only way to make it work would be to count the top x from all regions, that way I can apply this to everyone. So I'd have a top 15 from every region and then I'd analyze the results and apply the variable to your placing. But my math isn't terrific so I might need some help on this. Also the list would still be biased towards people who attend more tournaments. So I'm not sure how to eliminate that...

As for MM's...I have no idea at all how to add those to the list other than me being made aware of them and if they are against someone who is on a Power Rankings list I can add some form of bonus once again based on placement. But I'm not sure if either of these ideas are even good so tell me what you guys think.
IMO just go with the algorithm. It does reward for prolific placings but it rewards a LOT MORE for high placings. i.e. one 1st = 5 5ths

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i personally think we should just get a panel of 3-5 ROB players to talk about it...because that makes a lot more sense.

all this algorithm and math **** is needlessly complicated and it's impossible to take everything into account the way the good old human brain can. seriously.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Algorithms blagh blagh who cares

I only get to a tournament once a month or so and don't travel more than a couple hours away. Luckily, I'm smack dab in the middle of the region's hotspots. Just need to take that next step, you know, but there's nobody local for me to practice with and I hardly play outside of tourneys. :( I'm quite good now! but no johns... need videos too as proof of my average skillz.

Midwest Circuit Championship (1/17/09)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=216786
25th of 64

Gamers Outreach in Assoc. with AiB Present Gamers 4 Giving (2/27/09)
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=4468
9th of 106

Lucario is PAW-SOME! MWC East Event #1 (3/7/09)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=224916
17th of 49

Nope's Monthly "It's a Piece of Cake" Tournament (3/21/09)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=226953
13th of 26 (and hey, I won money in doubles!)

C4 Galore! - MWC: East Event #2 (4/11/09)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=229805
33rd of 93

Wings and Brew II: Chicken Teriyaki (5/2/09)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=232557
9th of 26

Third MW circuit event is the weekend after next but I already have plans for the rest of the month. (Going to a Reds game that saturday, they don't suck this year!) Looks like the next tourney I'll make it to will be the circuit champs in late June since there's not much going on in early June.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
How many entrants were at Apex? I've heard 224 and 234 respectively. I'll be posting my results again pretty soon when I get unlazy.
the numbers they gave were innacurate, it was under 200. i dont know how many for sure tho

they left in all of the ppl that pre reg'd but didnt show up

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
even then it wont be 100% right since all those ppl that didnt show up r in the tio file. i would say 200 is a safe estimate.

still trying to think of a way to rank everyone. really a small panel is the only logical way, as long as we keep clear of favoritism and any bias, which im sure we can do.
theres too many loopholes to the algorithm

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
I agree, I'll likely do both just for the hell of it and to have more than one option. If we were to do a 4-6 man panel, who would we include? Keep in mind we need people from different regions.

I'm thinking (in no order):

Hugs
OS
Chibo
Holy
Myself
Ninjalink

That is of course if everyone wants to participate.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I agree, I'll likely do both just for the hell of it and to have more than one option. If we were to do a 4-6 man panel, who would we include? Keep in mind we need people from different regions.

I'm thinking (in no order):

Hugs
OS
Chibo
Holy
Myself
Ninjalink

That is of course if everyone wants to participate.
These are all great people to be on a panel, but if you wanna focus on differ regions as u said it doesn't make sense to have me, you, and NL all from the same region (albeit your quite a bit north of us). Not too much of a problem though, we could get another one or so from the same region as Hugs or OS. Also, are there any ROBs in the south anymore? lol

Sudai

Stuff here
Southern ROBs that I'm aware of.

-Manko (Florida, but not very active)
-Ruse (Florida, but again, not very active and I don't think he'd want to anyway)
-Light (Texas ROB. I've seen him play a few times but I've never actually talked to him nor do I know what his activity is like on the forums)

Apparently we have some more in the main part of Florida but I suck at remembering things that I read on here that aren't directly related to the game so the names escape my mind.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, New England doesn't really play NY/NJ/PA a whole lot minus majors or ECRC events. Who else in the MW or WC even plays ROB anymore?

HugS™

Smash Lord
Names in BOLD are above average players.
Names in BOLD AND ITALICS are players that are ranked in their respective regions, either currently or at the time of the tournament.

SCSA West Coast Circuit - Tournament #2

Brawl Pools (entered as Hugs)
Defeated Ike Takeda
Defeated Nub
Defeated Onski
Defeated RG3D
Placed 1 out of 5

Pro Bracket (entered as HUGS)
Lost to TyNANNERsaurus Rex
Defeated Sky
Lost to CPU
Placed 17 out of 32

Backyard Brawl

Brawl Singles (entered as Steppin it up for Larry)
Defeated Just Bruce
Defeated Raz
Defeated Romeo
Defeated DEHF
Defeated BarduLL
Lost to Fiction
Lost to Tyrant

Placed 3 out of 58

The Prosu League #1

SSBB Singles (entered as hugs)
Defeated Nano
Lost to Aphro
Defeated Camaman
Defeated Bardull
Defeated 14 inches of pain
Lost to Fiction
Placed 9 out of 43

Backyard Brawl 2

Singles (entered as Zarelid Chaos)
Defeated Razz
Defeated Quickpy
Lost to DSF
Defeated Goop123
Lost to Oki
Placed 13 out of 72

Super Smash X 2

Singles (entered as Hugs)
Defeated Fox16
Defeated JonT
Defeated Havok
Lost to Tyrant

Lost to Halls
Placed 5 out of 34

SCSA West Coast Circuit #3

Brawl Singles Pools (entered as Hugs)
Defeated Oats
Defeated PJ
Defeated Ryan
Defeated Z
Placed 1 out of 5

Brawl Singles Pro Bracket (entered as Hugs)
Defeated DannyKat
Lost to TKD
Defeated CPU
Lost to Tyrant
Placed 13 out of 32

Quiznos Presents Brawl IX

Singles (entered as HugS)
Defeated Ronin
Defeated MikeHaze
Lost to Havok
Lost to Warp Status
Placed 17 out of 97

Backyard Brawl 3

Defeated itsWillyo
Defeated Rich Brown
Lost to Havok
Lost to MikeHaze

Placed 9 out of 39

Return of Totoro Tournament

Singles (entered as Hugo)
Defeated ALLSTAR41
Defeated Gamerboy15
Lost to MikeHAZE
Defeated YoungRay
Defeated M7H
Lost to MikeHAZE
Placed 3 out of 15

Ike Takeda's Mystic Realm 2

Defeated Cosa
Lost to JONT
Defeated Adeka Teki
Defeated Awex
Defeated Bardull
Defeated Nyjin
Defeated Havok
Lost to Fiction
Placed 2 out of 27

Races Tourney VII Reignition

Brawl Singles (entered as HugS)
Defeated SupaTony
Defeated Skank
Defeated Dao

Lost to DSF
Lost to Mike Haze

Placed 9 out of 59

Quiznos - The Finale

Singles (entered as HuGs)
Defeated Quickpy
Defeated Illusionz
Lost to Havok
Defeated infernohit
Defeated Susannayouuu
Lost to Ajax
Placed 9 out of 86

Low-Tier (entered as Man the **** up, Pink Boy)
Defeated Dribbles
Defeated Sky
Defeated Havok
Lost to Oats
Defeated Hive
Lost to Zex
Placed 7 out of 64

Crews (entered as My **** is the perfect size to rock your *****-)
Defeated Smash Brothers
Defeated Geo Meeks Oats+
Defeated TOA-
Defeated 310 represent-
Placed 1 out of 19

Deadweight

Smash Ace
(Ill use Hug's Orginization :p)

January Gigs 25th/~120 (I beat : AngryLobster/Sensei/A diddy whose name escapes me atm/and emowolf) Lost too: Seibrik 2-0(FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU DDD) and Ryo 2-1
March Gigs: 36th/~140 (Brackets were never posted I have no clue who i faced) I know I lost to RX 2-1 and Mero 2-0... Cause theyre both MKs >_>
April PHBF 25th 1st round Bye, lost too Reflex 2-1 Beat scrub 2-0 lost too LS 2-1

---------------------------------
Me < GDX 2-1
Me > Zom~B (U still PR?) 2-0
Me > MSAS 2-0
Me > Esper 2-1
-----------------
Thats it...
Ive only been going to really those three tourneys cause of ride johns....
But all the tourneys ive been too Have all been +50 people and Gigs are always +100... Im going to FL gaming on the 30th... I Have MMs galore there :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom