• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official *Pound* 4 Melee Results Thread

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Melee Doubles:

1: Lucky + Mango
2: Darkrain + Silent Spectre
3: lozr + Dr. PP
4: Darc + Hax
5: Aniolas + Armada
5: Chu + Vidjo
7: VWins + Bam
7: Tope + Cyrain
9: Kage + PKM
9: drephen + 4%
9: Reno + Cactaur
9: Adam + Amsah
13: Taj + Axe
13: unknown522 + raynex
13: Alukard + G$
13: HBK + Hazz
17: Lovage + Remen
17: Hbox + Uvaa
17: strawhat+over
17: Velynn + poydok
17: Doll + Savedge
17: HDL + Eval
17: Zgetto + Faab
17: Hugs + Silentwolf
25: Skler + Pine
25: Eggm + Swiftbass
25: Chaddd + Everlastingyayuhz
25: Trademark + Mikemoney
25: Ka-M + eggz
25: Chillin + DOH
25: linguini + xelic
25: Vanz + DJ Nintendo
33: MikeG + Ladylegion
33: Plank + Chinesahh
33: -chad- + N64
33: Sidefx + ZOAP
33: Boss + Mathos
33: warrior knight + vist
33: Zoso + Spawn
33: Raistlin + Tag
33: Allan + Shroom
33: Phil + falcomist
33: Kels + watty
33: Zhu + MacD
33: Banks + Th0rn
33: HMW + Germ
33: Pakman + Mogwai
33: Apollo + Renth
49: utto + marc
49: PC Chris + Kiwi
49: M2k + Jman
49: sol + phisit
49: Nakamaru + thelake
49: husband and wife
49: pockyd + xyt
49: Thumbs + CK
49: Replicate + Hyuga
49: Scar + BigD
49: G-reg + KM
49: Hat + DOSV
49: IB + KirbyKaze
49: Sneak + nando
49: Dmac + Iamspaceballs
49: Copycat + dazwa

pools:

Melee Singles:

1: Mango
2: Hbox
3: Amsah
4: Armada
5: M2k
5: Jman
7: Lucky
7: Zhu
9: Dr. PP
9: Plank
9: Silent Spectre
9: Tope
13: DEHF
13: Hax
13: DarkRain
13: Linguini
17: over triforce
17: Silent Wolf
17: Pc Chris
17: Kage The Warrior
17: Ka-Master
17: Zgetto
17: Remen
17: Axe
25: ChuDat
25: Falcomist
25: Cactaur
25: Swift
25: vidjo
25: Th0rn
25: Drephen
25: Kels
33: KirbyKaze
33: G$
33: I.B
33: MacD
33: Scar
33: Shroomed
33: HBK
33: Lovage
33: raynEX
33: Darc
33: Adam
33: Unknown522
33: Vanz
33: strawhat dahean
33: Eggm
33: HomeMadeWaffle

pools are up on AIB: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=6474

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Awesome Tournament, shout outs later

D1

Banned via Administration
OMG too many ppl to shoutout!

Shoutout to all the North American, South American, Australian, and European smashers I conversed with at this event!

YOU GUYS ****! <33333

I want a Pound 5 like next year. WTF 2 years is too long to wait Plank...make it happen!

HugS™

Smash Lord
I need to add some upgrades to my chozo armor.

Shout outs to come...

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Yay. Amazing tournament.

Legit shout outs to my peeps

Hugs-Holy Crap I really wanted to play your Samus. lol. Hopefully i'll get a chance to some other time.
Axe-I love your pikachu. You're such a cool dude. Good times in friendlies and playin you and Taj.
Taj-You make Mewtwo look mid to top tier. Good matches man.
Solar-Good MM man. FD= <3 lol.
Chu Dat-You're so fun to watch. Your Iceys make me want to pick them up. lol. Always good seeing you man.
Irish Mafia-You need to back off on offense sometimes and learn to be patient. You're way too aggressive.
Thumbswayup-Always good to see you and chill w you. Sucks we only played one match. Hope to see you soon man.
Chillin-Sttttttrrrrreet Fighttttteeeeerrrrrr. <3
SleepyK-We FINALLY met. You're awesome man. We did not play much at all either. Maybe in another year? haha.
Ky, Phish It, and Sol-Soooo fun playing you guys and hangin out with you as usual. You guys crack me up.
Ka Master-OMG your Luigi is sooooooo fast/good. It makes me want to quit Melee. Good match that we played. Wanted to play you more.
Silent Spectre-Your Falcon is incredible.
SPAWN-I'm proud of you for beating Lucky. Remember what I told you.
Vidjo-You're such a nice guy. Good matches. It was fun playin you/your Peach.
Mewtwoking-I was impressed with how well you played in Singles. Stop being hard on yourself and start believing you can win. Be more confident in what you do.
Dr PP-Thanks for the advice that you gave me VS Falco. Nice chillin w you and talking to you for a while. I was sad when you lost to Lucky after that 4 stock. :(
Cactuar-I'll miss your Marth. :-/ Playing you is always funny. I get so god **** stupid VS you. lol.
Hbox-That **** looks like a dildo. Your jigs is stupid and it was fun playing our MM.
Armada-Your Peach is unbelievable.
Unknown-Your Fox is fast as crap. Thanks for the advice and sorry for ditching ya. I wanted to watch m2k.
G Reg-Your Falcons offense is retardedly good.
Banks-You need to be more confident in going into your matches. I finally realized why i suck against you....fsmash spam.
Th0rn-Should have had you game 2 in tourney. I'm stupid and played like *** final stock. I want to play you more in future.
l0zr-Fun Fox to play. I was also dissapointed w my performance in the second match. errr.
Cash Mooney-Thanks for your support in my 2nd pool and I'm sorry about our match...that sucked.
VanZ-Good talkin w you outside while waiting for the bus. Good talk about stuff. Your views on Marth made me think.
Laijin-Good to finally meet you as well.
Toasty-Ness dittos and marth dittos were fun. Funny guy. Glad to finally have met you.

Plank-Thanks for running a kickass tourney. Other people are stupid. :)

If I forgot you I probably dont care or I see you enough where its a waste of my time to give a shout out to you.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
I didn't make this. I fail at life LOL. Was great to see NC/SC/GA rep, and was REALLY nice to see Darkrain and SS duke it out AND team up. Good shiz all around.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
lol thx for the support guys. i seriously finished tourney, wrapped up @ 3 AM, woke up @ 5:30 AM and did airport trips til 2 PM then cleaned the venue til 11 PM tonight. i came home and just was getting flamed like ****, lol.

i know u guys love me mostly, its only the haters who post first. but anyway, i uploaded the wrong bracket like a *****, ill fix it

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I didn't participate, but was clinged to the stream the whole time. (Wich was pretty dumb of me, considering that means watching it between 5 pm and 5 am on a sunday)

I want to say that I was utterly amazed by m2k's fox. The set against armada had all us dutchies genuinly god **** scared.

The only thing that ruined it for me, where definitely the brawl players. Seriously, just watch the stream of melee, or just get the f**k out instead of whining and *****ing, where there would normally not even have been a brawl tourney at this. Thanks to all the god **** brawl players for:

1.) Giving the brawl community such a bad name.
2.) Being such god **** whiners.
3.) Making sure that melee europe vs america was not god **** streamed, while a whole god **** continent of players was waiting to watch something they've been waiting for, for multiple years, together.

Even alot of the dutch brawl players where really surprised at this.

Thanks.

Also, to all the people I read (and heard over the stream) booing Hbox for going puff and saying stuff like SD and make it quicker, either gtfo, or watch and be reasonable.

With that out of the way: This was one of the most cool weekends, even though I wasn't there, watching the livestream (Wich had amazing quality) with all the dutchies in a group chat.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Plank is a beast TO and player.
Too many people to shout out to..but i'll get to it.

Some suggestions for Pound 5:
1) Make the amount of pools for brawl and melee pending on the amount of setups. If you don't have enough setups to do 3 rounds of pools 3 people move on, then don't do it. I think this would make the tournament move faster along and things will get done quicker. Melee had no problems with setups, so this more of a suggestions for brawl next time.
2) If players are disrespectful enough to treat the hotel and the venue like ****, then honestly in my opinion they should be DQ'ed from the tournament. Professionally, thats not cool at all and in the real world people really don't put up with garbage like that. Everyone has to understand that one person's actions DOES reflect the smash community as a whole. If the hotel has a bad experience with us because a few people decided to act like *******s, why would they want to give us discounts and services again? So fighting, completely disregard and disrespect for the hotel, etc etc should lead to a DQ from the tournament.
3)The food stand idea was an AWESOME idea. Most people did'nt have cars to go out and buy stuff. So kudos to that. However...I want candy next time =) lol.
4) More setups. There can never be too many setups here. More setups = more friendlies. Lets make it happen.
5)Multiple Live streams. This is just a random idea that sounds pretty epic. What if two or three matches are going on that everyone wants to see? And plus the brawl guys can't complain anymore(Speaking of brawl and live streams...better brawl commentators plz. lol).
6). Crew Battle tournament. I know it did'nt happen, but it should happen next time for sure.
7) Low tier tournament. This should definitely be a crowd favorite if time is allowed and theres enough setups and such.

D1

Banned via Administration
OMG the WOMBO COMBO WAS MY FAVE MEAL SERVED @ the venue!

OMG I BOUGHT LIKE 4 THAT DAY!

And the guy that made the sandwiches liked me so much he gave me a free drink ^_^!

Cha-ching b*tchez!

Shroomed

Smash Master
i wanted to place higher

****in PC chris beat me in pools AND brackets!

so close sets both times haha

fun matches PC

john!

Smash Hero
Awesome tourney Plank.

Overall I'm sort of pleased with how I did. Shoutouts to all the people I played in singles tourney, especially the pros (Jman, Hugs, Scar, and RockCrock) who destroyed me... people like you force me to not play stupid and get better at this game.

Also shoutouts to Armada and Amsah. I feel like my mains are underrepresented here in the States, but when you guys come and **** with Peach/Sheik it's like, I really can be amazing if I put my mind to it. Too bad you live halfway around the world, you both are really nice and talented people. I'm going to watch the **** out of your vids.

Finally, shoutouts to all the Midwest people who came to this... we may suck, but at least we suck together. lol

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I talked to a couple of people who said they thought things were run poorly

Those same people also have never run a fast tournament in their life

Plank/Alex Strife/Me/D1/GIMR/Aposl/HAT/Chaos Marth kinda ran the show.

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
[Wed Jan 20 2010 01:00:02 AM] dreamthieve: are u serious
[Wed Jan 20 2010 01:00:05 AM] dreamthieve: that janet said that to u
[Wed Jan 20 2010 01:00:08 AM] dreamthieve: cuz that just justifies me 100%
[Wed Jan 20 2010 01:00:29 AM] crismas: yes, but PLEASE talk to Janet first...cause Janet goes to me "i'm not blaming Plank for any of this, I'm blaming Jman because he wanted to sleep in"
[Wed Jan 20 2010 01:01:22 AM] dreamthieve: **** janet
[Wed Jan 20 2010 01:01:48 AM] dreamthieve: they drank rum and vodka and broke into a closed building in the side door and smashed a bottle of rum on the floor
[Wed Jan 20 2010 01:01:53 AM] dreamthieve: and left an empty bottle of vodka in the venue
[Wed Jan 20 2010 01:01:59 AM] dreamthieve: i was already pissed, then this on top of that
[Wed Jan 20 2010 01:02:08 AM] crismas: wow...
[Wed Jan 20 2010 01:02:10 AM] crismas: god ****nn
[Wed Jan 20 2010 01:02:32 AM] dreamthieve: yep
[Wed Jan 20 2010 01:02:34 AM] dreamthieve: this is coming out
[Wed Jan 20 2010 01:02:37 AM] dreamthieve: cuz this is hurting my name
[Wed Jan 20 2010 01:02:39 AM] dreamthieve: but
[Wed Jan 20 2010 01:02:45 AM] dreamthieve: thank you for being honest
[Wed Jan 20 2010 01:02:52 AM] dreamthieve: cuz my TO name was being slandered for no reason
[Wed Jan 20 2010 01:02:52 AM] crismas: i know...yea...I agree, no one is sticking up for you
[Wed Jan 20 2010 01:03:25 AM] dreamthieve: ty
[Wed Jan 20 2010 01:03:26 AM] dreamthieve: <3

WHAT THE ****

I NEVER EVER SPOKE TO KWIII THAT WHOLE TOURNEY SO WHERE THE **** COULD SHE GET THAT FROM

SO NOW IM A LIER THIS IS JUST CRAZY

I NEVER CHANGED MY STORY IT WAS THE SAME MY DRIVER WK LOST HIS CAR KEYS I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ELSE SO STOP PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH

Composeur

Smash Ace
Ugh. This is even more drama than VBM.

Well I said something about this in the unofficial thread that's now locked, but the discussion turned into a brawl and we know how that goes. I was disappointed by Amsah's victory because I knew it would mean (comparatively) boring USA puff dittos for GFs. Plus I love to watch Armada's Peach. But both Amsah and Armada really know how the other plays, and Armada wasn't prepared enough and didn't adapt quickly enough to deal with NTSC-Sheik's downthrow autokills and stronger uair (there are probably other things I'm missing, too).

Does anyone know what happened regarding MMs involving Armada? Especially the Hungrybox one?

As for the tournament, I wasn't there, so I'm staying out of it aside from adding that it seems to me, from the outside, that Plank just had the balls to do his job; the tournament still ran behind even with him indiscriminately DQing violators, so imagine how it would have been if he'd let people get away with things like that. Being lenient for those that give prior warning is his call.

Props to you, Plank! Although if I have one grievance it might be that Mute City was apparently banned (Wife said this in the livestream, at least). Didn't we have a poll deciding it would be allowed after I specifically went through the trouble of showing that Peach can indeed lose on that stage? <_<

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I didn't participate, but was clinged to the stream the whole time. (Wich was pretty dumb of me, considering that means watching it between 5 pm and 5 am on a sunday)

I want to say that I was utterly amazed by m2k's fox. The set against armada had all us dutchies genuinly god **** scared.

The only thing that ruined it for me, where definitely the brawl players. Seriously, just watch the stream of melee, or just get the f**k out instead of whining and *****ing, where there would normally not even have been a brawl tourney at this. Thanks to all the god **** brawl players for:

1.) Giving the brawl community such a bad name.
2.) Being such god **** whiners.
3.) Making sure that melee europe vs america was not god **** streamed, while a whole god **** continent of players was waiting to watch something they've been waiting for, for multiple years, together.

Even alot of the dutch brawl players where really surprised at this.

Thanks.

Also, to all the people I read (and heard over the stream) booing Hbox for going puff and saying stuff like SD and make it quicker, either gtfo, or watch and be reasonable.

With that out of the way: This was one of the most cool weekends, even though I wasn't there, watching the livestream (Wich had amazing quality) with all the dutchies in a group chat.
I am going to speak from the perspective of a Brawl player who *****ed about being called away from watching Melee to play his matches.

This is the dumbest post ever. Melee had the projector for 2 and a half days, at a three day tourney, for which Melee was only supposed to occupy the first two. Now trust me, I'm glad I got to watch Melee, but when your tourney was all done, I MUCH preferred to watch Brawl semi's and finals. Also, everything finished on time, so if you wanted, we would've returned the projector if you waited. I'm aware that this may have been difficult.

It really annoys me how some (not all) Melee players give Brawl so much **** to deal with, after having to put up with the SF community for so long, and not liking the disrespect they had for you. Also, your attitudes are not going to help you in the long run at all.

I was never very good at Melee, but I browsed Smashboards in O5, and joined in late 06. To me, Brawl is funner to play (since I don't have the massive tech skill required to compete in Melee) and Melee is funner to watch. However, I find it hard to try and convince my Brawl playing comrades to give Melee a chance, when you guys are always treating them like scum. There are those out there who are trying to give you a chance, but you're not trying to give anyone else a chance.

In the future, it is unlikely that there will be many tourneys running both games, and it seems like both sides are happy about this though I am not. I really was hoping that eventually, things would work out, but at this point, it doesn't seem like that will happen. At this point, I see Melee alive for at least two more years.

With gamecubes being so ridiculously cheap, I would encourage anyone out there with some major funding to try and stock up on Gamecubes and Melee disks (and if you know how to burn Melee disks, I would invest in that too). You could have some really amazing tourneys if a T.O. were to already have a stash of 30 cubes or so. Just an idea.

Thank you Europeans for coming. Amsah in particular impressed me tremendously, and was very fun to watch. Plank, I didn't agree with all your decisions, especially DQing M2k and Jman, but I respect them, and you did a good job at running Melee. I know you don't like Brawl very much, but as players, we're people too, and I wish we weren't so abandoned. Both games would do much better if they supported each other. Some of the biggest and best Melee tourneys have been aside Brawl, because if nothing else, we are at least financially beneficial to each other.

Shoutouts

M2k: You really should've beaten Armada IMO. Please keep your chin up.
Amsah: ****. To me, you're the most impressive European obviously.
Chu: You still got this.
Hugs: When I come to WC again, can you house me?
Oats: <4
DrPP: You have no idea how much I wanted you to beat Lukky. It was good to finally meet you.
Milktea: You owe me a game of cards :p
Mango: Next time you see me, you better have perfected that rest, rest combo. I'm easily your biggest EC fan.
Darc: We should've spent way more time together.
Dazwa: You're looking pretty good lately!
Adambrodeus: It was good to see you again.
Hbox: I for one, am glad you beat the Europeans. You may always have my chair.
D1: Your pools matches were so LOL!
DEHF: ****!
Hax: I thought you had that against Armada! We should've chilled more.
P.C. Chris: It was good that you made it out! I'm sad you're not making a comeback, because when talking to you, I could see it in your eyes that you kinda wanted to, but it seems like you're afraid of getting locked in, so came up with some moving johns :p. All the best for you.

Oh! One last thing. J.G. Wentworth is coming out with a TourneyFixx for Pound. We recorded a lot of footage, but it needs a lot of editting (some stuff is not meant for the internet). I just wanted to remind you all, and make you aware of this, because usually, this is done at Brawl tourneys, but we also felt that Melee was a huge part of this, and Melee is hugely featured, if not the primary part of the video. It will be hilarious, and definitely worth your time to watch, so keep an eye out for it.

If anyone has any pictures of me (coughcoughmilkteacough) I would like to see them, so please let me know/post links here.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
the melee community has earned its rights and privileges over the last decade; until the game actually dies that's not going to change. 64 never had the impact that melee did, and brawl....brawl is not respected universally like melee is.

brawl is about 10 years too early to be complaining about "not having **** being put on projectors" johnz.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
This was fun, but it's going to be my last tourney for a long time, if not for all time. Smash takes up too much of my money and time, but I was happy with this. I played people from across the world, and didn't do absolutely horribly. I felt I played pretty well and did the best I could do, so now I'm done. I lost my controller at the venue day 2 and decided not to look for it.

Shoutouts later.

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
God ****it, the brawlers SPAMMED them into promising to show brawl, the whole **** chat was littered with people going BRAWL BRAWL BRAWL BRAWL (even litterally this) and when they figured out how to ban him, another one came around the corner.

When brawl came on I watched a bit, and after this, did what most melee players did. Shrug, stop watching the stream, and decide to troll the hell out of some kids the week after. Not waste my day watching something I don't like and annoying the sheit out of the people that do.

=D

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
3rd round pools don't seem to be updated :o
was an awesome tourney to watch on livestream. brawl seemed to slow stuff down but I dunno since I wasn't there. good **** to everyone who went and played their hearts out, M2K you played the best I've seen you play since like 2007

Top Bottom