• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Peach Video Critique Thread

Takehiko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoldedMachi
Since a lot of peach players have problems with finding out where they should improve, we'll use this thread to help the players find the answers to what they should/shouldn't have done.
Rules:
  • When you critique, please reply to the person who you're critiquing, so to avoid confusion.
  • When you post a video, please say what your skill level is also, so that the critiquer can know how they should answer in the best way to help you.

BEGIN

Breakertmw

Smash Rookie
NNID
Breakertmw
So I guess I'm gonna be the first one posting here...

This video is from local 2 weeks ago in Monterrey, Mexico. I don't know the exact count but it was a decent size (I guess around 80 people). Before this I had only attended other 3 minor tourneys with around 24-32 people(won 1, made it to finals on another one and eliminated in round 2 in the last one)

In this one I made it to round 3 and lost against Flama's Mii gunner.

This might be a john but I had zero idea about the matchup, I think I had only played a mii gunner once or twice before. Anyways, any suggestion is welcome as I'm trying to be more competitive from now on :).

KiMa

Smash Rookie
NNID
cfclaking44
I know it's the same stuff you read in all of these types of threads but I'm just looking for advice to improve on my Peach game to take it to the next level. I am aware of most of the basics when it comes to Peach and a little of the more advanced techniques, but not really great at pulling them off in practice. For a video, all I really have is this one replay I have from a match from FG but I guess it's a decent indicator of my current skill with Peach.

Thanks.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
So I guess I'm gonna be the first one posting here...

This video is from local 2 weeks ago in Monterrey, Mexico. I don't know the exact count but it was a decent size (I guess around 80 people). Before this I had only attended other 3 minor tourneys with around 24-32 people(won 1, made it to finals on another one and eliminated in round 2 in the last one)

In this one I made it to round 3 and lost against Flama's Mii gunner.

This might be a john but I had zero idea about the matchup, I think I had only played a mii gunner once or twice before. Anyways, any suggestion is welcome as I'm trying to be more competitive from now on :).
I don't have any experience against Mii Gunner either but your Peach shows the usual 'panic reaction' when they're up against projectile characters. That is, the only approach we do when we panic vs projectile users is dash in and shield. Usually we also dont mix up the timing of our shielding. The only thing our opponent has to do it adapt to our shield timing and punish shielddrops with their projectile. In reality there's much more you can do vs projectile spammers. Turnips are a blessing and they cover your jump. Float (and movement in general) is actually pretty strong if you mix-up your height and timing. Shorthop airdodge is also pretty good, if used sparingly. Remember that you do not have to go in all the time. If you can't hit your opponent, at least make sure your opponent doesn't hit you either.

I personally like the way Umeki deals with Megaman's projectiles here or Mewtwo's shadowball here. He uses his float movement to stay of their range, yet close enough to attack with a move of his own. Perhaps it could be useful to you.

I know it's the same stuff you read in all of these types of threads but I'm just looking for advice to improve on my Peach game to take it to the next level. I am aware of most of the basics when it comes to Peach and a little of the more advanced techniques, but not really great at pulling them off in practice. For a video, all I really have is this one replay I have from a match from FG but I guess it's a decent indicator of my current skill with Peach.

Thanks.
You use smashes and unsafe moves a lot. In Smash, or fighting games in general, it is important to use moves that are safe on shield/whiff yet still rewarding when hit. With Peach, these moves include (but are not limited to) all of her aerials (especially when used in combination with float), turnips (pulling them takes a while though) and Dtilt. Of course, her grab is also very good to counter shield. Moves like Fsmash or Usmash are not safe: the opponent can easily punish you if you do not hit them with it. You should watch videos of top Peach players like Umeki, Slayerz or Kie. Type in 'Umeki Peach' or 'Slayerz Peach' or 'Kie Peach' in youtube and watch their latest vids (you can filter your vids on the date they are uploaded). There are few more Peaches you can watch for reference but these are the main ones. Look at what they do and try to implement some of the tricks they use. You don't have to copy them, it;s important to keep your own style after all, but you'll see what moves top Peach players like using most.

For reference, you could watch this vid of Umeki vs a Bowser (he overuses Dair a little bit in this match though lol).

Last edited:

BlazingPasta

Smash Rookie
NNID
BlazingPastaGuy
Heyoooo, I would like some advice for my Peach, it isn't the best as you can see on the video, but I'd love to get my peach better. I have a lot of trouble with Rosa. I don't usually play against them, if there's anything you notice I shouldn't do or could do better on tell me please. It would help a ton, and thank you.

Top Bottom