• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official PAL Tier List (Melee)

VA

Smash Hero
Without blowing my own trumpet too hard, I know almost certainly that I have studied frames and hitboxes and other nuances of smash harder than most other UK smashers. I also know that I have witnessed more varied smash styles than you have and believe that I understand the game better.

It is ignorant to say Z is worse than Charles right now because Z plays less. I think Charles beats the other top UK players not on actual skill in the game but due to a lot of other factors (certainly not being smart). One of the things I admire about Charles is how well he holds it together under pressure, he in no way surpasses me pro or Z in skill in the actual game. He's just very good at winning at smash and other video games, he's got a lot of competition experience which pays off in pressure situations. This has nothing to do with his knowledge of smash IMO.

The thing with you JO3 is that your opinions tend to be spot on or a mile off the mark. Never inbetween.

J03

Smash Master
Without blowing my own trumpet too hard, I know almost certainly that I have studied frames and hitboxes and other nuances of smash harder than most other UK smashers. I also know that I have witnessed more varied smash styles than you have and believe that I understand the game better.

It is ignorant to say Z is worse than Charles right now because Z plays less. I think Charles beats the other top UK players not on actual skill in the game but due to a lot of other factors (certainly not being smart). One of the things I admire about Charles is how well he holds it together under pressure, he in no way surpasses me pro or Z in skill in the actual game. He's just very good at winning at smash and other video games, he's got a lot of competition experience which pays off in pressure situations. This has nothing to do with his knowledge of smash IMO.

The thing with you JO3 is that your opinions tend to be spot on or a mile off the mark. Never inbetween.
ive played against JD, Amsah, NNja, A-D, Armada Doug, Faab, Tonberry, Calle W and Gawes. Seriously, they cover pretty much every playstyle between them. As for frame data im up on it lad.

I understadn what your saying about Charles, but i really think he has another level which he rarely uses, like the last game vs Pro at ggt2. aye its clear that Pro had some nerves but it didnt matter anyway, Charles had already won, watch the match, watch charles.

I just dont get why you think pro is smart =/

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Just thought I'd pop in and say I almost completely agree with Robby :suess: :suess: :confused: never agreed with Joe on anything =) except that Luigi is pretty good

ehhhmmmm DK should be higher :suess:

Kone

Smash Master
for amount of time spent practicing smash/playing smash vs others (on any sort of regularity) and reading smash (ie frame date wtf i got no idea) me and ryan are smarter than anyone else in the UK

Tero.

Smash Champion
Guys could you get this **** into on of your 23492349050349 5890345834 UK topics?

Like srsly no one cares ...

Kone

Smash Master
tero - who gives a crap how many UK topics there are?! no one else really uses this forum lol. If this forum was dead = lack of swf european community = new players turn up and see its dead = smash in europe dwindles :/

also, this topic was DEAD , least there some crack going on :/

faabs right lol and gutter no one bit at my comment yet :(

VA

Smash Hero
just because you've played good people doesn't mean you've seen every style, saying things like that show you up as ignorant.

I don't think Pro is THAT smart, I just said he's up there. He does cool things and uses attack creatively sometimes. I like the way he plays, that said I am smarter :p

Tero.

Smash Champion
tero - who gives a crap how many UK topics there are?! no one else really uses this forum lol. If this forum was dead = lack of swf european community = new players turn up and see its dead = smash in europe dwindles :/

also, this topic was DEAD , least there some crack going on :/

faabs right lol and gutter no one bit at my comment yet :(

This topic fails and is now about nachos.

Like srsly what sort of an argument is that? "this topic is dead so we use it to talk about how much knowledge/experience we have and who we played against"

And yeah it's better if new players see a bunch of personal **** in the PAL TIERLIST DISCUSSION

voilentjack

Smash Journeyman
just because you've played good people doesn't mean you've seen every style, saying things like that show you up as ignorant.

I don't think Pro is THAT smart, I just said he's up there. He does cool things and uses attack creatively sometimes. I like the way he plays, that said I am smarter :p
smarter players always win.
you sandbagged at ggt2 didnt you ? **sigh**

This topic fails and is now about nachos.

Like srsly what sort of an argument is that? "this topic is dead so we use it to talk about how much knowledge/experience we have and who we played against"

And yeah it's better if new players see a bunch of personal **** in the PAL TIERLIST DISCUSSION
Being all serious on a gaming forum is pretty much a Big Fail , since you go to this site to talk on interesting topics

also the tierlist is pretty much sorted now

im very bais since im from UK har de har har !

VA

Smash Hero
Ganon can't kill as well at all, dair is nerfed in damage and knockback (kills on ten percent more in PAL) and does 1% less damage. Sheik can't CG him like she can in NTSC but her dthrow just gives her lots of different options instead, you have to tech it basically and she can do a lot from that.

Tero.

Smash Champion
Well its true but i played in france last year and i felt really comfortable with him... like you cant get hit by Fox Ugrab to Uair cause you recover way faster.
This is wrong.
There is no difference.
Ganons weight is the same in PAL and so is Fox Uthrow.

VA

Smash Hero
Kage is right, the ganon I practice often hits me if I try to go for uthrow uair. Raynex recently made a thread on it.

Dark_Crono

Smash Journeyman
This is wrong.
There is no difference.
Ganons weight is the same in PAL and so is Fox Uthrow.
You should try it i didnt mean the recovery in GENERAL... or at least think so cause i played Qlex with fox and i remember that sometimes he couldnt DI properly and i couldnt hit him either.
Kage thats with the proper DI but i seen more that a few times that people cant do it because sometimes fox its just too fast.

Tero.

Smash Champion
Well with the proper DI to begin with, you should not get hit by that.
This is true , but that's not the question.

Since Ganon is so heavy Fox has more lag after doing the uthrow, that's why it's possible for Ganon to get out. Same for Samus btw, you can't uthrow uair her because she is heavy and floaty.

Here is the topic vanityangel mentioned: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=233453

Still there is no difference between NTSC and PAL, because Ganon has still the same weight/floatieness and the properties of Fox Uthrow remained unchanged.

VA

Smash Hero
I've asked for this to be updated, however I highly doubt that I would be included in the process and they'd let someone represent the UK because he wins. I really think it's worth redoing. Especially seeing as Peach wins every big tournament now? She's certainly way more viable in this version thanks to all other top tier characters being nerfed...

Tamoo

Smash Master
Yes, a lot of characters should be moved about

but tbh, I think its quite late on in the day to start updating the tier list, you've gotta ask what would the community gain from updating it now?

And VA, im sure people would be chosen based on knowledge of the game, rather than who wins all the tournaments. For example, i would imagine that Prof wouldnt get in on the voting even though he's def one of our best.

VA

Smash Hero
it's not a question of "late in the day" I think it's the effort it takes to organise it. But anyway I'm content to leave it. Just seems almost archaic when americans come in here and see it.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Top Bottom