• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official NY/NJ/PA Melee Power Rankings! UPDATED 6/4/14

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Sheik tho. MM me? I don't know why you're firing shots at me when I only play at tournies and have only made a comeback in the last two months. Barely played in the last two years. Show me the Fox or Marth. Oh wait, they'd get bopped.

Lol see you next tourney. Looking forward to picking shiek and having you not be able to switch characters again lol. Perhaps try a counter pick?
Salty that this isn't NY/NJ + Cactuar
Yea basically , except when velocity gets evo points and triad prodigy/Javier randomly make it to zenith XD

I have always been impressed with Reno's resilience as a player. Too bad nando not more active. He would've made for a good spot in this list, also where has the eggmaster been =(

n00b ADAM!

Smash Cadet
good ****! the power rankings are back. lookin pretty good except for 1 thing. where am I on this ****? ****** been sleepin on me since ive been outta the scene. Id body half the people on this list atleast. YO Captain Smuckers if you think your falcon is fo real MM me and Mr.F didnt I body you with my sonic last time? And Rykard? who the hell is that?

My boy Pimp panther will be risin up in the ranks too soon, ***** is atleast good enough to beat otg lol

peace out homies, see yall at the next no johns

Max?

Smash Champion
Lol see you next tourney. Looking forward to picking shiek and having you not be able to switch characters again lol. Perhaps try a counter pick?

I look forward to it to. Regardless of **** talk, our sets are always mad fun. I'll beat your Sheik, I only stick out Doc because of pride. We'll see how next time plays out, don't sleep on my other characters.

Captain Smuckers

Smash Journeyman
good ****! the power rankings are back. lookin pretty good except for 1 thing. where am I on this ****? *****s been sleepin on me since ive been outta the scene. Id body half the people on this list atleast. YO Captain Smuckers if you think your falcon is fo real MM me and Mr.F didnt I body you with my sonic last time? And Rykard? who the hell is that?

My boy Pimp panther will be risin up in the ranks too soon, ***** is atleast good enough to beat otg lol

peace out homies, see yall at the next no johns
who are you :0

Senortesta

Smash Apprentice
Will you only be doing top 20 or might you do top 30 in the future. Honorable mentions would also be nice to show.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
20 is as high as it should ever go. Normally its top 10 with honorable mention... but if there was honorable mention it would be to cactuar Eggm warriorknight due to inactivity

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I thought there were way more good NY/NJ players. Jman, Teczero, VanZ, Eggm, Phish-it, etc. not active anymore? Dang, haven't heard of half these guys, that's good ish.

This Ryobeat person sounds like a noob doe.

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
I thought there were way more good NY/NJ players. Jman, Teczero, VanZ, Eggm, Phish-it, etc. not active anymore? Dang, haven't heard of half these guys, that's good ish.

This Ryobeat person sounds like a noob doe.
All moved/retired. None of those have gone to a tournament in recent 3 months, or 6. And Jman and Eggm don't live here anymore. Tec0 dont play. Phish-it will probably be on the list soon, he seems alot more active. I'll double check why he wasn't included, but I can make mistakes.

And ryobeat ain't even top 50, noooooobbbbbbb

ItzBen

Smash Rookie
Yo Ryobeat (and the rest of the panel), good job wit the list.

Dont listen to what ppl say about the list should be shorter, this allows players to set goals for themselves and allows for rivalries to brew, just because youre not contending for top 3 doesnt mean you dont matter.

Also as soon as my cash flow gets right im coming back, you 5-9 placers have been to complacent and need to be challenging the top more, I'ma come back to light that fire and drop that knowledge, as well as take ya money cuz everyone after DJ is freeeeeeeeeeeeee as (insert thing thats generally free here).

D1

Banned via Administration
I do like the fact that this list is up b/c now I actually have a drive to wanna enter >:D!

Max?

Smash Champion
Yo Ryobeat (and the rest of the panel), good job wit the list.

Dont listen to what ppl say about the list should be shorter, this allows players to set goals for themselves and allows for rivalries to brew, just because youre not contending for top 3 doesnt mean you dont matter.

Also as soon as my cash flow gets right im coming back, you 5-9 placers have been to complacent and need to be challenging the top more, I'ma come back to light that fire and drop that knowledge, as well as take ya money cuz everyone after DJ is freeeeeeeeeeeeee as (insert thing thats generally free here).

MM me.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
$50 mm since I'm so freeee.........also im not complacent at all, improving is easy but improving to a point where ur top 3 is difficult. i been working to get there a lot as of late. but remember real life take preference any day

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
I hope you guys are HYPED for that update. It's pretty much at the half way mark of the period, and there are alot of "inactive" people. Remember to go to tournaments ;)

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
R we going to top 10 only or staying with 20
Staying with Top 20. There is no harm in it, in can only help our 11-20 know how they are doing. If people want to say it's misrepresenting and it shows players that haven't really accomplished much; that's not really the point. We do this list for the benefit of the players and to give them goals on where they want to be. "Oh Ryobeat is only #16? Oh so now I know I have to beat him/perform at his level to get in the list!". It's a list to help us out, not gloat imo.

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
What's the last tournament that qualifies for the next PR rankings? For the tournaments that happened during the DDoS should we just post our results ourselves since there's no thread?
The last tournament will probably be ROM. And yes please, that would help alot! Although tournaments that contain lower levels of competition usually don't get counted. Like if its Me, The Moon, and 20 randoms, it probably wouldn't get counted (Well, it would, but not consider as highly. Someone who wins a house tournament and someone who wins a No Johns tournament is different.)

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
tons of people, if you check our regional thread ( it should be at the very top of the atlantic north section cus i just posted there like ten min ago) then I can get you connected with all the melee players you can handle.

S l o X

Smash Champion
Okay, **** it. I'm doing our entire ACTUAL coast. This includes anyone who goes to every RoM basically and represents what EC Melee is. North Eastern US, basically. CT, NY, NJ, PA.

NE EC Tier List
1. M2K
2. Hax
3. DJ Nintendo
4. Swift
5. Cactuar
6. Reno
7. Swedish Delight
8. The Moon
9. Stric9
10. T. Webb

Honorable Mentions: SloX, G$, Ben Grimm, Mafia, Knut, Zang, Mr. F.
This region doesn't even include the rest of NE or CT (see: th0rn, kdj, darc, zoso, dazwa, kevinm, spawn) but gives actual depth to how our tournaments generally turn out and who places where. It gives depth to how much improvement has to be made to actually make the list (and make it actually hard) and I think the fact that T. WEBB IS #10 is going to make a lot of people thirsty. (see: ryobeat)

• If Cactuar played more, this list would be so legit and it shows that the new comers are starting to rise.
  • 7-10 all are generally pretty new and generally upset some of the top six players from time to time.
  • This was all done off of pure speculation. I based everything on the results I've seen, from the tournaments I've attended, and the sets I've watched. I think the top four are clear cut. If Cactuar on the list is not real then he would just be removed and I'd be 10th.
Making this list was humbling. I understand why the original thread was made but who gives a **** if you aren't looking at it ALL. These are the players you are truly competing with on a regional scale. These guys go to every NY / NJ event and are in your brackets. If you wanna move up, these are the guys you gotta beat. If you want to be the best, these are the guys you are looking to take out in bracket.

**** y'all list. I'm just mad I'm not included.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
You should probably not include me on that list as I am not that active. I'd like to hear why I'm 5th though lol.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Sorry, I meant that if he's going to include me on a list, out of curiosity I'd like to hear why he thinks I'm below DJ and Swift.

S l o X

Smash Champion
Not really sure. Maybe you should be ahead of Swift because I remember you beating him at RoM but I think that DJ would win if you guys played?

I haven't played you ever, so this is all speculation.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
I have been pretty absent. Dunno about me vs DJ, my tournament record is likely better than his overall, but I know he's improved quite a bit while I've been on hiatus. Hax would probably be the best to speculate. Or DJ and I could just duke it out like the beasts we are.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
Mafia ur address is still in new England so that's where u should be ranked...what's the difference between me living in NY and going to the majority of new england tourneys and always placing top 5 but not being included in the PR and u being on NY nj power ranking by going to the majority of our tourneys placing top 5. Only difference is u go to skool in nj. So in the summer do u go back to the new england PR and in skool u go to NY nj? If that's the case I should be on the new England PR and NY nj PR. If we based it off of placings. Plus I always place top 5 somehow so I think I deserve my spot ppl. I need to get top 3 tho. On a side note if mafia was actually nj I would definitely put him on the list he is very very good.

Top Bottom