• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Northeastern Ohio Melee Rankings [2012]

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Northeastern Ohio Melee Rankings

Specifically via request of the majority of the currently dubbed "NEOH Melee" community, this rankings chart will go into effect immediately.

The following will be guidelines for the requirements to be listed on the rankings chart, specifically for the purpose of correct player placings, and active performance:

~ Must have lived in one of the following thirteen counties (or any combination) of Ohio, within the past year:

• Ashtabula
• Columbiana
• Cuyahoga
• Geauga
• Lake
• Lorain
• Mahoning
• Medina
• Portage
• Stark
• Summit
• Trumbull
• Wayne

~ Must be noticeably active. May be measured from any forms of play, either on or off tournament grounds.

~ Out of any of these tournaments, must have made it out of pools at least once.

~ If you would rather not be on the list, simply request it.

With that in mind, the current rankings list is as follows:

[ 1 ]
VaNz
:peachmelee:

[ 2 ]
4%APR
:foxmelee:

[ 3 ]
XDoesUpB
:sheikmelee:

[ 4 ]
Minnty

[ 5 ]
FlipX

[ 6 ]
Bidwell
:marthmelee:

[ 7 ]
Pat

[ 8 ]
Solace One

[ 9 ]
Sweet

[ 10 ]
KittyMW

This list is subject to change, every month, once a month.

[collapse=9/17/2012 |][ 1 ]
VaNz

[ 2 ]
4%APR

[ 3 ]
FlipX

[ 4 ]
XDoesUpB

[ 5 ]
Minnty

[ 6 ]
KittyMW

[ 7 ]
Pat

[ 8 ]
Z-Axis
:falconmelee:

[ 9 ]
Bidwell

[ 10 ]
Skyson
:sheikmelee:[/collapse]

[collapse=8/2/2012 |][ 1 ]
VaNz

[ 2 ]
FlipX

[ 3 ]
Z-Axis
:falconmelee:

[ 4 ]
Bidwell

[ 5 ]
Solace One

[ 6 ]
Ralis/Oliman
:falcomelee:

[ 7 ]
Slarti

[ 8 ]
Jwnz
:falcomelee:

[ 9 ]
Sweet

[ 10 ]
Gunpunch
:samusmelee:[/collapse]

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Post reserved for any additional future information.

Also, I'll most likely be editing the layout (color scheme, design, pics, icons, etc).

Dees

Smash Journeyman
**** yeah gunpunch the peach main gettin in there
love that dude
we have such close sets every time
im comin for you though

Dees

Smash Journeyman
4% never goes to tourneys
skyson never goes to tourneys
who the hell is mintty

LOL GUNPUNCH THE PEACH BUILDING

z-axis

Smash Rookie
Sending in my 3 weeks notice.

I'll still play and go to smashfests when I can, but I won't be coming to any tournaments in the foreseeable future.

If you improve at all after FC, Matt, take my spot. I can hardly even keep up with you now.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Sending in my 3 weeks notice.

I'll still play and go to smashfests when I can, but I won't be coming to any tournaments in the foreseeable future.

If you improve at all after FC, Matt, take my spot. I can hardly even keep up with you now.
But you're better than me :(

z-axis

Smash Rookie
But you're better than me :(
Your Fox is in this funky ambiguous zone where that's completely arguable. Even if you don't think you are, you definitely will be soon. Your Fox is like a nuclear reactor. If it stays stable, under control, and doesn't SD, it's overwhelming.

I don't find the game fun at tournament level, anymore. It's too much. It's been six years, you know?
For like four of those I was an absolute scrub, yeah, but still.
Gonna go pick up my tryhard pants from the cleaners and hang 'em up for now.

[COLLAPSE="Also"]
Don't ever give up, my son.[/COLLAPSE]

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Columbus kind of does... a bit...
at least in OSU there are like 4 people...
iirc, 1der lives in cinci or something (could be totally wrong about that one, though)

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
Ugh, that is so cheap that Dave doesn't meet the criteria, he would have been number 1 before Vanz got here. Also, I can't believe you put me after Ralis, I beat him in our not-tournament match last time I played him. >_<

I am going to climb this. This is why everyone thinks I'm terrible.

EDIT: Actually, last two times I played Zach in tournament we each won once. What is this, lol.

I just need to practice again.

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
Ugh, that is so cheap that Dave doesn't meet the criteria, he would have been number 1 before Vanz got here. Also, I can't believe you put me after Ralis, I beat him in our not-tournament match last time I played him. >_<

I am going to climb this. This is why everyone thinks I'm terrible.

EDIT: Actually, last two times I played Zach in tournament we each won once. What is this, lol.

I just need to practice again.
Actually, taking a closer look at this, you haven't been to three tournaments in the past six months either, nor has Flip. But in all honesty, you're both more active than 4% is unfortunately. The point of the power rankings is to ensure that we're active, and that our placings ARE correct. Now you've been put farther down because of legitimate tournament results. I know you can do better, but you're not showing me that you can in tournament play. So do it.
Hmm... I think he's been to three tourneys in the last 6 months...
Maybe if you paid attention, you'd notice that he requested in another thread that he'd rather not be on the rankings, along with Get Low. Otherwise, they'd BOTH be on the rankings.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Hmmm...
I don't think thats what he meant.
He was saying he didn't feel as though he deserved to be on the rankings.

Sweet™

Smash Famous @PennStateSweet #SweetNation
Premium
Really glad I'm on there. :D

My thing won't be affected by me going to college, right?
I'll still be home during summers and during time off, and still be going to tournaments.

Edit: I read through the entire first post, and might've missed it.
How do we move up the ladder?

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
how can you have kitty and pat on there if they havent been to tourneys in years?
and isnt minnty living in AZ??
1. VaNz
2. 4%
3. Abu
4. FlipX
5.Xdoesup
6. Zaxis
7. S1
8. Dempt.
9. Sweet
10. shrouded

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
how can you have kitty and pat on there if they havent been to tourneys in years?
and isnt minnty living in AZ??
1. VaNz
2. 4%
3. Abu
4. FlipX
5.Xdoesup
6. Zaxis
7. S1
8. Dempt.
9. Sweet
10. shrouded
I'm not saying this to sound like an *******, but that list is worse than mine.

~ Abu isn't NEOH.
~ Chris and Pat both actively play together. Chris actively posts in the FB group, and does get together with the rest of OH occasionally. Pat also posts on the boards, and plans on playing out-of-county players on a more frequent basis.
~ Minnty goes to school in AZ and lives in OH. Lives ten minutes from 4% and the only reason he doesn't goto tournies as often as he'd like is because of school and money. That's his rightful spot.
~ Shane isn't better than me.
~ Shrouded asked to not be on the list.

All of the players on this list ARE active. Real world priority outweighs smash every day of the week. They all worked their ***** off to get as good as they are, and even though they aren't as active as we'd like them to be, they still play Melee when they can, and unless they've literally thrown their controller in the garbage and are rid of the game (Vidjo, because otherwise he would be on this list), they are still just as active.

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
most prs require the players to attend at least 2 tourneys in that time.

also what tourney hasnt shane out placed you at recently?

IMO we need to get these guys to an actual tourney and see how they all do

opinion PRs dont work

SSBPD was legit, and is slowly coming back but it was just facts

.Ðempt

Certified Ponch
most prs require the players to attend at least 2 tourneys in that time.

also what tourney hasnt shane out placed you at recently?

IMO we need to get these guys to an actual tourney and see how they all do

opinion PRs dont work

SSBPD was legit, and is slowly coming back but it was just facts
~ This isn't a pr. If it was a pr, it'd be in the title. NEOH may be active enough (barely), but the state of Ohio (which pr's are made for, not just a specific region) is WAY too inactive to even have pr's. Otherwise, the list prior to the one now with an edit or two would be the best thing we have. Plus I'd need to talk with a few backroom members to get their honest take on all of it. It goes a lot farther than just throwing out a thread, slapping a title on it, and calling it good.

~ There's only been ONE tourney he has EVER outplaced me in (the one at your house). There's been multiple others where I outplace him, and only one where he and I actually tied (FC, unless they plan on giving the pool results).

~ They may or may not come. Once again, they're low on cash/in school. That's their choice, and their spots will not be effected by it.

~ In my honest opinion, I think SSBPD is garbage. It's immensely inaccurate, it always has been, it's missing dozens of tournies, results from those that are there are not correctly submitted to the actual player so you have to recommend the correct player yourself, and even the results that are in can be biased towards newer players. The fundamentals are good, but it should've been started a LONG time ago, not midway through.

1 Ralis
2 Double Rocky
3 Ian Slee
4 AseirGod
5 .Vanir
6 .Bucket
7 DoKz
8 S1
9 lokii
10 Da shuffla
I don't even know what this is, honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom