• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Melee Texture Hack Thread

BrolyLSSJ

Smash Rookie
I've got a request. As an avid Naruto fan, I greatly enjoy the Pein and Kisame skins given to marth and roy respectively, but I was wondering if somebody could add more akatsuki skins to the game?

Maybe a Konan skin for peach?

An Hiruko/ Sasori's first appearance for everyone's favorite Koopa?

A Deidara skin for Zelda, since they both like explosions?

I don't know how to post images

Last edited:

Iceballz

Smash Journeyman
That sort of is this thread to an extent, I'd attempt to do requests but I can't currently with the computer I have but once I purchase a new computer I think I'll get back to texture modding :)

Last edited:

Michael Ashby

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
GIN#752
You guys should have a thread where we pitch ideas for skins if you don't already have one
That's what this thread is for. Sharing new mods, and sharing ideas.

Seriously, if you have any, feel free to share and I'll pick up some here and there. I've been at a loss for ideas lately.

Lil Bucket Hat

Smash Apprentice
Well if that's the case, you guys should add more power ranger colors to falcon, you only have 3, You're missing blue, yellow, black, and pink. Also unrelated Iceballz Iceballz my tag is IceCock in pm and they ****ing censored my tag here on smashboards and seeing your tag brought back all the rage.

Last edited:

D00M

Smash Rookie
Would anyone be willing to create custom textures for me? Pretty simple work, considering I'm just wanting to incorporate custom color schemes and an emblem.

Michael Ashby

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
GIN#752
Michael Ashby Michael Ashby Would it be possible to do one for shiek in a karate gi? Sounds like a tall order but it would look sick I think. I dont know of any other characters that it would fit for.
Maybe. I'm working on a different Sheik texture right now, but when I'm done I'll look into it.

Would anyone be willing to create custom textures for me? Pretty simple work, considering I'm just wanting to incorporate custom color schemes and an emblem.
Recolor's are easy. Just lemme know what you need.

StagesWhenPls

Smash Cadet
This is just an idea I had for a possible vertex hack for anyone that knows how to do that kinda stuff, but what if someone were to retexture Falcon's helmet in this Vegeta armor costume to be like black hair, then vertex hack the helmet to look like Vegeta's hair? Kind of like how the Batman Falcon costume has the two little ears, but this would have way more obviously.

Rachman

be water my friend
Is there any way I can pay an enterprising modder a few bucks and get them to make a skin for me? Was looking for an All Might skin and didn't see one, I'd be willing to pay some for someone to make me one as I'm completely untalented in this area

asterik216

Smash Rookie
So I an having a issue trying to add other skins for Marth in 4.0.7 Every time I add a skin the game freezes when i try to load a level. I have tried like 5 different skins all on different colors. It only happens with Marth though. Anyone know how to fix this>

Gehis514

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4004 9260 8249
Hello everyone, it really has been a long while since i contributed something here. So now i bring you The People's Stadium

Scar and Toph Stadium
https://modulous.net/mod/1715/Scar and Toph Stadium
Screenshot (1).png

I originally wasn't going to release this, but the overwhelmingly positive response on my twitter is just too much to ignore, so now everyone can harness the sick energy of Scar and Toph while playing on this stage

Gasher

Smash Rookie
Can someone make a dry bones texture for yoshi? Would be so cool! Hope its not too big of a request :p

Last edited:

Gehis514

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4004 9260 8249
I've decided that i should try making a texture of Yoshi's Story since I've never done any work on it before, so i wanted to bring one of my favorite kingdoms from Super Mario Odyssey over to melee, the Lost Kingdom

Super Mario Odyssey - Forgotten Isle
https://modulous.net/mod/1717/Super...en Isle?ga=<Game+4+'Super+Smash+Bros.+Melee'>
Screenshot (6).png

Tried to throw in some neat references from the original level so i hope those that played odyssey enjoy that. And if you REALLY want to immerse yourself so it feels close to the original thing, i also threw in two .hps files of the Forgotten Isle music, both the original and 8-bit version (if you have the knowledge on how to insert hps files in your game)

YpnBoats

Smash Rookie
Heres an image me and my friend worked on. I wanted the meta knight skin for my 20xx build in the tri CSP so he helped me photo shop this. It will replace the tri csp that has marths 3 red skins on it.

Last edited:

cheerios.

Smash Rookie
alright I know this is weird, but can anyone incorporate cheerios into a falco skin somehow for me?

Jamnman

Smash Rookie
Heres an image me and my friend worked on. I wanted the meta knight skin for my 20xx build in the tri CSP so he helped me photo shop this. It will replace the tri csp that has marths 3 red skins on it.
I know it's been a couple weeks since your original post but if you want to do more of these without having to manually edit every single one I recommend checking this out: https://smashboards.com/threads/tri-csp-creator.448104/
It will automatically pose the characters and create new low (and hi-res for dolphin if you want) images as long as you follow the guide.

cheerios.

Smash Rookie
i'll do it but could you be more specific?
well, using the same kind of color palette as a box of cheerios - tan, yellow, little red or black - throughout his outfit, with a big ol cheerio on the back of the jacket, and anywhere else it would seem appropriate. like lil cheerio eyes. whatever you think.

Last edited:

imgbyo

Smash Cadet
well, using the same kind of color palette as a box of cheerios - tan, yellow, little red or black - throughout his outfit, with a big ol cheerio on the back of the jacket, and anywhere else it would seem appropriate. like lil cheerio eyes. whatever you think.
I'm on It.

Hello World

Smash Rookie
Falcon skin request but could someone make a star platinum or The world skin from jojo's bizarre adventure

Last edited:

NintendoShake

Smash Rookie
as an idea for some stage/character retextures:
Poke Floats: have all the pokemon in shiny form
Fountain of Dreams: have it to where it feels like its Magicant (Mother 1 location)
Big Blue: Make it feel like port town/silence from F Zero X
Final Destination: Shines....shines everywhere
Fox: Make him look like Kraid
Kirby: Make him as a Roblox character

I dont know, I thought these would be neat to see

Top Bottom