• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Melee Texture Hack Thread

Spencecilence

Smash Rookie
Last edited:

RushSSBM

Smash Cadet
Okay so I've found a couple things that need to be edited in the original post.

1. Bowser's color order should be Original Red Blue Dark, not Original Blue Red Dark
2. Kirby's color order should be Original Yellow Blue Red Green White, not Original Blue Red Green Yellow White
3. YL's color order should be Original Red Blue White Dark, not Original Blue Red Dark White
4. [Pink Falcon] Scorpion's pic: http://i.imgur.com/PxK8pZ3.png
5. [Yellow Peach] NES Peach (with Pink Crown): http://i.imgur.com/bniIFjN.png
6. [Blue Peach] Alliance Peach: http://i.imgur.com/F1SrWmL.png
7. There's an extra end spoiler tag after Falco's section that indents the rest of the post

CeLL

Smash Lord
Man so this link is dead, can you reupload that Little Mac skin? :O
I tried to export it from my working one, but all I see is PlCaGr.dat and no usd, and I think you made it in usb which was imported into the dat, and it doesn't work the other way around if you try to export it
USD just stands for United States DAT, it's the same file, just a marker indicating that the contents are English. There is no PlCaGr.usd in the vMelee ISO, just PlCaGr.dat.

zankyou

Smash Lord
So for texture hacks that require you to rebuild you iso, could we get a separate section for that. For a few stages Ive added some higher res backgrounds but dont really want to confuse people. Like the dreamland one I did way back.

Mingo

Smash Cadet
So for texture hacks that require you to rebuild you iso, could we get a separate section for that. For a few stages Ive added some higher res backgrounds but dont really want to confuse people. Like the dreamland one I did way back.
I didn't even know there were some that required you to rebuild your iso. i just thought some didnt work for some reason so this could be extremely helpful!!!! :)

DRGN

Technowizard
Premium
I don't know about another section. It'd be nice to be able to browse all the stages together. But they definitely need to be marked in some way.

A big notice with each stage that requires it would be good. Like,
Warning: This stage requires you to rebuild your ISO.

Honestly, I'd like it if there was a text file notice of some kind included in the download too, so that when I'm browsing the stages that I have on my computer I would know that certain ones need a rebuild.

zankyou

Smash Lord
I didn't even know there were some that required you to rebuild your iso. i just thought some didnt work for some reason so this could be extremely helpful!!!! :)
I dont know of anyone else whos done so yet so it could be that you have it named wrong.

MarthZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NESman1995
Hey guys I'm making a Cecil marth based off of paladin cecil from final fantasy IV/II could anyone tell me where the texture is for the middle of marth's boot. Like that metal stripe thing because its suppose to be red btw heres what it looks like.

Could I get some feed back its my first texture I've made.

Bakasama

Smash Apprentice
I don't really have a convinient way of screenshotting these costumes, but I've made a full set of costumes for Fox and a few for Falco that I tried my best to match the original melee aesthetic. That means saturation, palette, etc should be within the realms of possibility. They're a little bit less reserved than the original costumes, but they're meant to be alternates of the current palette swaps. If someone wants to screenie them, that'd be cool but as it stands I've made
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B...JrOGI0Q0VYS1Jzcl9jZk8wQnBJXzNRdDZxMGpZdUktcmc
Inverted Fox (darker brown fur, green jacket, tan underclothes)
Lightened Orange Fox (it's actually my gamedev team, but it works nice. Light orange jacket, charcoal underclothes, red shoes)
Blue Wolf (Inverted clothing colors, blue overs, purple unders, regular grey boots, grey fur)
Olive Fox (olive jacket, yellow? unders, olive shoes)
Crimson Falco (Red feathers, charcoal jacket, red unders, grey boots)
"Seagull" Falco (White feathers, blue overs, white unders, grey boots)
Earth-tone Falco (Green feathers, brown overs, green unders, grey boots)

Last edited:

MarthZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NESman1995
I don't really have a convinient way of screenshotting these costumes, but I've made a full set of costumes for Fox and a few for Falco that I tried my best to match the original melee aesthetic. That means saturation, palette, etc should be within the realms of possibility. They're a little bit less reserved than the original costumes, but they're meant to be alternates of the current palette swaps. If someone wants to screenie them, that'd be cool but as it stands I've made
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B...JrOGI0Q0VYS1Jzcl9jZk8wQnBJXzNRdDZxMGpZdUktcmc
Inverted Fox (darker brown fur, green jacket, tan underclothes)
Lightened Orange Fox (it's actually my gamedev team, but it works nice. Light orange jacket, charcoal underclothes, red shoes)
Blue Wolf (Inverted clothing colors, blue overs, purple unders, regular grey boots, grey fur)
Olive Fox (olive jacket, yellow? unders, olive shoes)
Crimson Falco (Red feathers, charcoal jacket, red unders, grey boots)
"Seagull" Falco (White feathers, blue overs, white unders, grey boots)
Earth-tone Falco (Green feathers, brown overs, green unders, grey boots)
why don't you just use light shot

MarthZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NESman1995
Hey guys I'm making a Cecil marth based off of paladin cecil from final fantasy IV/II could anyone tell me where the texture is for the middle of marth's boot. Like that metal stripe thing because its suppose to be red btw heres what it looks like.

Could I get some feed back its my first texture I've made.
I figured it out its texture 37

Veggies

Smash Journeyman
Okay so I've found a couple things that need to be edited in the original post.

1. Bowser's color order should be Original Red Blue Dark, not Original Blue Red Dark
2. Kirby's color order should be Original Yellow Blue Red Green White, not Original Blue Red Green Yellow White
3. YL's color order should be Original Red Blue White Dark, not Original Blue Red Dark White
4. [Pink Falcon] Scorpion's pic: http://i.imgur.com/PxK8pZ3.png
5. [Yellow Peach] NES Peach (with Pink Crown): http://i.imgur.com/bniIFjN.png
6. [Blue Peach] Alliance Peach: http://i.imgur.com/F1SrWmL.png
7. There's an extra end spoiler tag after Falco's section that indents the rest of the post
That "extra" spoiler tag after section is actually the closing spoiler tag of the whole Falco section for example,

HTML:
<spoiler>Falco
<spoiler>Red
end of red costume
</spoiler>
</spoiler>   <--- This ends the first spoiler.

Last edited:

RushSSBM

Smash Cadet
That "extra" spoiler tag after section is actually the closing spoiler tag of the whole Falco section for example,

HTML:
<spoiler>Falco
<spoiler>Red
end of red costume
</spoiler>
</spoiler>   <--- This ends the first spoiler.
I see, well there must be some reason the thread indents after the Falco section. Also you did not edit your post correctly with the images I provided. Also some people might like to keep a log of what skins have been replaced, so you might as well reorder the colors for Bowser Kirby and YL as well.

Last edited:

Veggies

Smash Journeyman
I see, well there must be some reason the thread indents after the Falco section. Also you did not edit your post correctly with the images I provided. Also some people might like to keep a log of what skins have been replaced, so you might as well reorder the colors for Bowser Kirby and YL as well.
I only made a mistake on the scorpion falcon :p
thread will not be reordered because I am too lazy :)

T4Varsity

Smash Apprentice
Does anybody have the offsets in MnSlChr.usd for the small character icons where you choose your character? The Steelia pack doesn't have them and I haven't had any luck manually searching in the file.

CeLL

Smash Lord
Does anybody have the offsets in MnSlChr.usd for the small character icons where you choose your character? The Steelia pack doesn't have them and I haven't had any luck manually searching in the file.
It's the one titled "Character_Choose_Icon.rar" in the miscellaneous folder.

Veggies

Smash Journeyman
Not many at all. Like half of 4 characters done.
How are you creating the textures? Are you use a filter and simply applying it to them or does it require a lot of precise things? I'm sure many people are willing to help if you created a guide/video on how you create your textures :)

Last edited:

Thomas Johnson

Smash Cadet
I have a question regarding the alternate skins available in the 20XX Training pack. I'm aware that certain characters are given costumes that can be toggled on and off with "L." And I know that the file names for these skins are given in the 20XX thread. I would like to be able to have a toggle for all of the characters so that I can also keep the standard skins. Is this possible? As far as I know, only about 10 of the characters were given the toggle.

zankyou

Smash Lord
I have a question regarding the alternate skins available in the 20XX Training pack. I'm aware that certain characters are given costumes that can be toggled on and off with "L." And I know that the file names for these skins are given in the 20XX thread. I would like to be able to have a toggle for all of the characters so that I can also keep the standard skins. Is this possible? As far as I know, only about 10 of the characters were given the toggle.
You should probably keep 20XX questions in the 20XX thread. But to answer your question no you cant. If you just want double the amount of skins theres a dol mod for that but otherwise wait for the next release.

CowlScatman

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4699-7805-1507
How are you creating the textures? Are you use a filter and simply applying it to them or does it require a lot of precise things? I'm sure many people are willing to help if you created a guide/video on how you create your textures :)
I take the filter way and then go in and add needed details. Its not really that its hard its just time consuming. I end up importing each skin like 5 or 6 times before its ready.

zankyou

Smash Lord
Ive remember reading that if you use dolphin, you can just edit the textures and put it in dolphins texture folder to get a live update if you keep the image names the same.

Last edited:

CowlScatman

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4699-7805-1507
Ive remember reading that if you use dolphin, you can just edit the textures and put it in dolphins texture folder to get a live update if you keep the image names the same.
Really? I will have to try this. The only thing i could see making that not work is if a program is using something and you open it in another program sometimes it says you cant do it. But ill give this a go.

zankyou

Smash Lord
Really? I will have to try this. The only thing i could see making that not work is if a program is using something and you open it in another program sometimes it says you cant do it. But ill give this a go.
That wouldnt be an issue with this. Youd just create a copy of the image and put it in the folder. The method I believe would be dumping the textures with dolphin, then using the filenames of the images you want to change. But ask @ DRGN DRGN more about it.

Top Bottom