• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Melee Texture Hack Thread

MRF

Smash Cadet
Anyone have a link to the rage quit pause? Thanks. And Veggies are you going to do the same thing with the stages like you did with the characters?

Qual_

Smash Apprentice
There's not really a general place I can ask for help, so I'm bringin it here:

I modified this here texture that supposedly controls the platforms. Well it didn't. Is there something else I'm missing?
Looool !

I actually have the same issue. But the platforms doesn't use the green texture, it use a hard coded color wich is ( 63 E3 63 ) and then a white and black texture over it. But me and achilles didnt found where is saved the green part. :/

Last edited:

Yardo

Smash Rookie
I know this is a brand new thread and everything, but are there going to be textures added to the main page for Roy and all the characters after him?

Veggies

Smash Journeyman
I know this is a brand new thread and everything, but are there going to be textures added to the main page for Roy and all the characters after him?

I've added a few (Pink Luigi, White Marth, Blue Fox, and Original Yoshi hacks) from my personal collection. I will add a lot more later today hopefully. There should be at least one texture hacks for each character (Possibly every costume) by the end of today.

Edit: In the process of adding many, many, skins. If anything looks weird I will fix it. If you see an error, don't report it until I am done (I will probably find it). This is a lot of work I must say, and wasn't what I expecting. I hope you guys enjoy what I have done once it is complete though.

As of now I have uploaded all of the skins I have for: Bowser, Captain Falcon, Doctor Mario, Donkey Kong, Falco, Fox, Ganon, Ice Climbers, Jigglypuff, Kirby, Link, Luigi, Mario, Marth, Mewtwo, Mr. Game and Watch, Peach, Pichu, Pikachu. More skins will be added today or tomorrow and throughout the week depending on how willing am I to upload the pictures and files. It takes me 15-30 minutes depending on how many skins there are for each character.

Veggies

Smash Journeyman
All skins I have have been added. There are very few skins that do not have texture hacks available for them. I will now begin working on the CSPs for the people who posted skins.

Veggies

Smash Journeyman
Requesting that someone make a stage that is completely magenta so that making good looking CSPs that aren't based off the originals can look good!
For an example, here a video that Theytah made where he shows his all magenta FD:

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Requesting that someone make a stage that is completely magenta so that making good looking CSPs that aren't based off the originals can look good!
For an example, here a video that Theytah made where he shows his all magenta FD:
I gotchyou.

Go to Develop DBlevel using the debug menu.

Use the x+dpad down toggle a couple times to make the background all white.

BUT

0x452c70 - background color (static RAM address value)

So change that value to magenta and now the background will be totally magenta instead of white.

Either use a debug version of dolphin to manually set that value to magenta (FF00FF) or you could probably use this code

04452C70 FF00FFFF

Idk if the last "FF" byte after the magenta string is actually FF in-game (I'm not by my computer at the moment) but idk, just try that.

Last edited:

Veggies

Smash Journeyman
I think it turned out 100x better than any other in-game screenshot turned into a CSP that I've seen. The background helps but it only seems to work on battlefield. If you could get it to work on that one stage that isn't available by default and is a picture of a bar that would be extremely useful.

I used Falco's up-tilt as a pose.

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I think it turned out 100x better than any other in-game screenshot turned into a CSP that I've seen. The background helps but it only seems to work on battlefield. If you could get it to work on that one stage that isn't available by default and is a picture of a bar that would be extremely useful.

I used Falco's up-tilt as a pose.
Use this code:
04452C70 FF00FFFF

Go to Debug Menu and turn Dblevel to "Develop"

Play a match and hit X+D-Pad Down twice.

magenta.PNG

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I'm unable to move camera while this happens, I think it breaks the pause menu.

Edit: Oh x+up seems to bring up the menu
Yeah. X+D-Pad Up. Also make sure to use 20XX so you have an unrestricted pause camera (or any ISO using a DOL file with the appropriate hex changes that I listed in the DOL mod topic)

Last edited:

Veggies

Smash Journeyman
It makes it rather inconvenient when that menu is x+dpad up as I have to be pretty fast to catch a pose. The pause buttons pauses but I can' bring up the menu while I'm paused (It doesn't bring up the pause menu, just pauses the game).

Thank you so much for doing this. So far so good!

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
It makes it rather inconvenient when that menu is x+dpad up as I have to be pretty fast to catch a pose. The pause buttons pauses but I can' bring up the menu while I'm paused (It doesn't bring up the pause menu, just pauses the game).

Thank you so much for doing this. So far so good!
True.

04452C70 FF00FFFF
04c2e860 461c4000
04c2eae0 461c4000
04c2eb80 461c4000

Background will be magenta and battlefield's platform textures will be disabled.

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Yeah. X+D-Pad Up. Also make sure to use 20XX so you have an unrestricted pause camera (or any ISO using a DOL file with the appropriate hex changes that I listed in the DOL mod topic)
Is there any way you could get the c-stick to move the camera like the unrestricted pause camera lets you do in Brawl/PM?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Nearly everything became white in game. It's hard to describe so here's a picture:
Hmmm it works for me.

I just boot up 20XX, select characters and go right into a match on Battlefield.
Capture.PNG

If you do much more than that, there's a high chance some weird stuff will happen to the game. The memory addresses for the platform heights will be changing values for some other function when not playing on Battlefield - so get in there ASAP

Kadano

Magical Express
Please include links to tutorials on how to create texture hacks, CSPs and stock icons in the OP. I personally don’t know where to find them and it would be really nice to have them here, so everything important about texture hacks is in a single OP.

Veggies

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm it works for me.

I just boot up 20XX, select characters and go right into a match on Battlefield.
View attachment 19430

If you do much more than that, there's a high chance some weird stuff will happen to the game. The memory addresses for the platform heights will be changing values for some other function when not playing on Battlefield - so get in there ASAP
I got it to work by updating my 20XX, but I forgot to say last night that Battlefield itself is an issue because of the very dark lighting. If you could get it to work on Yoshi's/Some other bright stage that would be great.

Last edited:

8B-dindinmaster

Smash Cadet
I am srsly way too good for this. 40 in one day. I'm pooped. :p
Purin Bandana Pack! 20 Different Purin Bandana Recolors!

All Bandanas over Bandana Purin (PlPrGr.dat)
* Bandanas are made by Doqtor Kirby in Melee Toolkit. Bandana image textures included.

What should I do next guys: Crown, Flower, or Kirby?
These are really cool! Is there a way to use these over different Puff colors? For example, say I want to replace the blue ribbon and red flower with blue and red headbands. Is this possible, considering the different models?

Doq

Smash Lord
These are really cool! Is there a way to use these over different Puff colors? For example, say I want to replace the blue ribbon and red flower with blue and red headbands. Is this possible, considering the different models?
Last I checked no, but it is something worth looking in to.

Goatlink

Smash Apprentice
I got it to work by updating my 20XX, but I forgot to say last night that Battlefield itself is an issue because of the very dark lighting. If you could get it to work on Yoshi's/Some other bright stage that would be great.
sort of unrelated but is there an offset or something that controls the lighting color/position? I saw a hacked version of yoshys island that turned the color of the lighting red.

DRGN

Technowizard
I'm trying to edit the dust and smoke effects present on most ground based moves. I know they're located in EfCoData.dat. I dumped the textures, and these are the types I found (dumped as png files):

_0 (I4)
_1 (I8)
_2 (IA4)
_3 (IA8)

I tried to convert one of them to .tpl with wimgt (a handy tool for converting to and from .tpl that I found so I didn't have to deal with tcs scripts). But I couldn't find the resulting .tpl in EfCoData. Do the above types of textures not exist as tpl within the ISO? Could it be that within the ISO, the transparency is saved as the color magenta (just like CSPs) but when Dolphin dumps the textures it modifies them with an actual alpha layer and removes the color? I noticed that the CSPs that dolphin dumps don't have a magenta background, and this reasoning could explain why I couldn't find my converted tpl in EfCoData (since my file didn't use magenta as transparency).

I don't get it. Anybody got any ideas on how to locate these textures? Here are the textures if you think you might be able to figure this out.

Anyone have a link to the rage quit pause? Thanks. And Veggies are you going to do the same thing with the stages like you did with the characters?
Here you go: Rage quit pause screen (v3)

Last edited:

Kati

Smash Lord
damn the melee mod scene seems to be going places all of a sudden.

Veggies

Smash Journeyman
I have created a new character select screen that exclusively uses in-game screenshots/models as CSPs and BPs. I worked very hard on this and it took me around a week to create. I am not extremely happy with the outcome (I may come back to it) but I think as of now, it looks fine.

Name: CSS/CSP/BP Re-do
Made by: Veggies
Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/lkb5kmzgatli82g/This_is_the_new_CSS.usd
Pictures of new CSPs:

Doq

Smash Lord
The names of both my packs are incorrect. They should match the name on the image itself (Purin Bow Pack and Purin Bandana Pack, respectively).

JuMP

Smash Rookie
Hey Veggies! I made the QuoteJuMP fox and you put it in the Red fox costume category when it is actually a neutral/original fox skin! Thanks for doing this, this is a great thread

Top Bottom