• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Melee PAL Tier List v2.0 (March 2010)

Tero.

Smash Champion
I don't like this List anymore (not that I ever really liked it).
Peach and Jigglypuff should be higher and Fox should be lower.

J03

Smash Master
Foz should be lower? Tero man respect and all but that is ********, fox is the most flexible and by far the best character in the game in both PAL and NTSC

Tero.

Smash Champion
He definitly is, not gonna argue that.
It's just that playing him on that level is out of our capabilities.

We should think about what this list is supposed to show.
If we want a Super Theory Bros. Tier List leave Fox #1, if we want it to represent our current, past and future metagame Fox has never been #1 and will never be.

Well, after all this is just my opinion, haters gonna hate anyway, but I think at least I got some back up because we have never seen many Fox players win the international events. We see Puffs and Peaches and we've seen Marth, Sheik and Falco in the past.

J03

Smash Master
if you wanted to do taht you would have to create alternate tier lists for different levels or have different tiers lists based on endurance or tech skill difficulty as imo the longer a fox or falco plays at top level the more tired the player becomes and thus their performance suffers, in short a fox player ends the day playing worse then he begin.

Hack

Smash Journeyman
does anyone have a really good mewtwo / pikachu in EU

i havent seen any ?

sorry off topic lol

JO3 : rofl
As said, kjab has a really good Pika.

My Pika's pretty good as well, but you'll have to wait until after STIIG (finishes in 2 weeks) before there are any vids of it =)

BEES

Smash Lord
Falco gets ***** by marth and has alot of trouble again jiggs, for the rest he just ***** or is even.
Help me out here. If Falco vs Marth is even in NTSC, how could Falco have a disadvantage against Marth in PAL? Seems like Falco was nerfed less than Fox/Shiek/Marth in PAL. As long as you time the Dair correctly he is the same.

It stands to reason that he should move up a bit from 4th. Certainly higher than Shiek, and I would argue higher than Fox.

Puff
Falco
Fox
Marth
Peach
Shiek

Just based on the matchups between these characters, that's where I would put them. Now, the other characters all have better matchups against these, so I don't know how that would change the list.

But yeah Shiek is the Falcon of Europe... basically.

Armada

Smash Lord
Bees: People in USA overrated Falco so much so i guess that`s why everyone believe he`s that good because someone start to overrated him.

Falco is good but his laser is the most overrated move in the game
He`s recovery suck
Powershield d-smash with Peach works (guess more chars can use stuff like this against him).

Puff
Fox
Sheik
Marth
Falco
Peach
Falcon

jalued

Smash Lord
Bull****.
We played one set and my Kirby beat your Yoshi.
My Kirby>Everyone ( so don´t be sad you are not the only one :p)

Kirby is awesome =).
ive seen your kirby... it is like a 4 stock combo video

Peach is his worst matchup.

Other characters don't have that kind of punish.
just to ask, if any character powershields the dair then, cant fox punish with shine, marth with grab, sheik with dsmash etc? how much frame advantage does powershielding his dair actually give you? Ive heard that Armada (not in person, its one of the questions i forgot to ask him when i was drunk) could do lots of moves after the powershield, but chooses dsmash as the most destructive

BEES

Smash Lord
You can't rely on powershielding alone to fight Falco. Saying you could is theorycrafting.

In theory, couldn't Falco just powershield lasers that come back to him, when he approaches? I know in reality, smart Falcos often throw out an aerial shine on shield to test the water. PS might stop a Dair, but it wouldn't work on that.

Peach's advantage comes from nair and dsmash punishes, chainthrows, her own projectile, and edgeguards, which work well against his recovery. She is the only counter in NTSC.

jalued

Smash Lord
You can't rely on powershielding alone to fight Falco. Saying you could is theorycrafting.

In theory, couldn't Falco just powershield lasers that come back to him, when he approaches? I know in reality, smart Falcos often throw out an aerial shine on shield to test the water. PS might stop a Dair, but it wouldn't work on that.

Peach's advantage comes from nair and dsmash punishes, chainthrows, her own projectile, and edgeguards, which work well against his recovery. She is the only counter in NTSC.

doesn't Amsah also wavedash under falco's lasers with sheik? maybe in a few years people will be even better at this game, and falco might drop in position accordingly

Then again, Armada is very bias against falco cause he mains peach :p

j3ly

Smash Champion
there are what 26 chars in melee. i thiiiink i made it into 25% of SNY with mario which puts my standing in a bottom of top/top of heigh tier standing. admittedly the tier list is ONLY A TALLY CHART AND NOTHING MORE, but still mario is deffo not bottom tier and my placing as a largely average player of 6 competitive months shows this.

imo, mario is better than samus IC's and DK. also imo better than doc, but maybe all the docs at SNY just sucked. get around the lack of a killing move (a false statement btw) - and the largely superior recovery + combo powers make mario the more attractive option with a little more skill

my £2 (lol)

jalued

Smash Lord
there are what 26 chars in melee. i achieved top 25% of SNY with mario which puts my standing in a bottom of top/top of heigh tier standing. admittedly the tier list is ONLY A TALLY CHART AND NOTHING MORE, but still mario is deffo not bottom tier and my placing as a largely average player shows this.

imo, mario is better than samus IC's and DK. also imo better than doc, but maybe all the docs at SNY just sucked. get around the lack of a killing move (a false statement btw) - and the largely superior recovery + combo powers make mario the more attractive option with a little more skill

my £2 (lol)
was a very nice mario i must admit, liked you in crews. However maybe people just arnt used to fighting mario, as he is less projectile based than doc. You might just also be a superior player and have better mindgames.

However, i have heard about a few marios that seem really good, mango is even playing him atm and is winning

j3ly

Smash Champion
santo what knowledge do you base this sentence on? he is doc with long range and a comboing ability. also the tip of marios cape is superior to docs entire cape. have you mained either character/have access to tournament results of all 3 chars in ur local region?

the americans did their list only via tally chart. ours maybe different, but if we are following the tally chart system then the only thing that matters is tournament placings. on the other hand the american system is stupid;. i ***** plenty'a people in friendlies too what more do you want from the poor poor plumber :(

j3ly

Smash Champion
yomi was a doc? crap!!
i played his shiek. every time i heard a mario sound i would reset and leave the TV and vacate to the doc tv. you're telling me i played all the docs apart from the only one who was any good!

>_>

ps i heard yomi got veryyyyyyy lucky

j3ly

Smash Champion
cant have much of a 1st then can he, going doc against prof

how/who is your best doc? ur smash scene large over there?

Top Bottom